Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Sajin »

Why does Maxous lynch have to happen today? It does not. It is 16 alive and 2 scum left means 14 versus 2. That means a ton of time. The priority should be to gain information for later and not for rushing down claimed protective roles.

Vote: ToastyToast

I want to keep AM alive till massclaim. In this situation when we are so far ahead I am not going to lynch a protective role before we have an information download from AM.

Additionally how do you know scum has no roleblock? Is this balance reasons? Flavor reasons? Uvogin had a scream in the anime that I could easily see as a limited shot roleblock. Is this similar to the town only has one protective role reasoning?

Nacho I hate you soft claiming information to push this lynch. Your logic here is we have a mass doc so AM will be around yet..... your not willing to claim your own information about why you are pushing the Maxous lynch. If your town, you should not have any fear of surviving until tomorrow even if you claim today because of Carbon (mass protect) and AM (probably a higher priority target). You are also ok with mass claim tomorrow as you stated in a previous post so its not aversion to massclaim.

Scum Nacho on the other hand has a lot of incentive to lynch a protective role, deal with carbonfiber in some way and kill AM.

Thus if your town you should probably reveal your info on Maxous instead of soft pushing with "imformation". Or, you should be content with a toasty lynch and go to massclaim tomorrow where we can talk about this then. Alternatively, we should MC today but I would rather give AM the extra night.

Can we please play this game logically instead of haphazardly? 14 versus 2, Nacho.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Is there a reason that we have to wait on massclaim? I don't feel especially compelled to lynch toasty right now, I'm barely paying attention outside of that, and I get the argument for not lynching Maxous even though I don't buy the claim.

Should we just massclaim now and get it over with or what? Cause this game is in a giant holding pattern where we're way ahead and nobody really gives a fuck what happens, which has the potential to bite us in the ass later.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Magua »

Even if you assume Maxous is scum, you can still try to lynch his partner.

Massclaim today seems to hurt us without helping us. Push for your choice of lynch and then get their claim, but going mass claim for people who aren't going to get lynched today just gives the scum information without getting us anything.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 48 (Day 4, VC 7)

(5)
ToastyToast:
Magua, MonkeyMan576, Amethyst Kitty, Maxous, Sajin
(Nachomamma8)
[L-4]
(5)
Maxous:
ToastyToast, CarbonFiber, Nachomamma8, implosion, Remilia Scarlet [L-4]
(1)
CarbonFiber:
Metal Sonic
(Sajin)

(1)
Syryana:
Kalimar
(1)
CF Riot:
Syryana

(3)
Not Voting:
Dry-Fit, CF Riot, AngstyMatters
(Amethyst Kitty, Maxous, implosion, Remilia Scarlet)

With 16 votes in play, it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, June 22nd at 10 PM CST.

Day Four Deadline(expired on 2013-06-22 22:00:00)

Syryana has been prodded.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@Sajin: by that exact same logic, why do I have to be lynched today? It does not. It is 16 alive and 2 scum left means 14 versus 2 (although I don't recall this being explicitly stated, even if its likely). The priority should be to lynch who you think is scum and not giving someone a "get out of jail free card" just because they claimed a protective role.

@Remilia: Massclaim shouldn't happen today just because we already have a lot of people claimed and need to find a way to prove said claims. Massclaiming today at best answers Nacho's concern of bodyguard being a "meh" claim in a game with really odd claims, and at worst makes it really easy for scum to pick their target. The first one certainly is appealing, but worth the risk? Even if it is 14 versus 2, a day 4 mass claim is jumping the gun too quickly. Also a mass-claim more or less just gives info to scum on our strongest town reads, since most of the more suspicious people are already claimed.

@Magua: you know why its bad. In addition, the whole "WHHEEEE IM SUH SACRIFICIAL LOOKA T THAT HOW CAN I BE SCUMZZZZZ" is obnoxious.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

VOTE: maxous
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1957, ToastyToast wrote:@Magua: you know why its bad. In addition, the whole "WHHEEEE IM SUH SACRIFICIAL LOOKA T THAT HOW CAN I BE SCUMZZZZZ" is obnoxious.
Nope. Actually do not understand why you think it is bad.

So please elaborate.

If you think I'm scum doing it for towncred, you should either be voting me or telling Riot to shoot me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Magua »

EBWOP:

UNVOTE: ToastyToast
VOTE: Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Why are you trying to save Max?? Mala and I have already agreed to sheep Nacho onto whoever

~Mara
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1856, Magua wrote:
In post 1853, Nachomamma8 wrote:Um, no. The interrogator is dead, meaning that there is no roleblockers to fuck with the protective role. There is a person claiming a role that is highly likely not to be in the game. We are giving him another night... why?
Because the reward for being right doesn't really justify the penalty for being wrong. Claiming a protective role guarantees they don't live till endgame.

CarbonFiber claims he can protect up to 11 people. With a lynchee, that means only 4 people will be left unprotected, and if those four people are from the pool of (CarbonFiber, Syryana, Maxous, ToastyToast, Amethyst Kitty, myself), then *great*.

Maxous claims bodyguard, so with the scum roleblocker gone, while he lives, AngstyMatters lives. If Angsty dies, then Maxous gets lynched. Otherwise, reports, which is, again, *great*.

(The only possibility that concerns me is AngstyMatters + Maxous as the remaining scum, and I just don't find that likely at all.)
Being all "Magz y u voting me im just sheeping" is not a good reason to not vote you.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 am

Post by CF Riot »

We already went over this but leaving Maxous alive forces scum to kill him for us (if town) or disprove his claim (if scum) in order to get to AM. Sure, they won't be able to kill AM tonight regardless because of other CF but he's 1-shot so Maxous being alive is still worth it.
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:29 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

magua and cfriot are completely correct. It forces scum into a corner where they can't afford to leave us alive. In the process maxous' alignment will be confirmed.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:31 am

Ok. then realistically it's toasty; let's just keep this moving and avoid NLing. Magua get back all up in there.

VOTE: Toasty
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 1964, AngstyMatters wrote:magua and cfriot are completely correct. It forces scum into a corner where they can't afford to leave us alive. In the process maxous' alignment will be confirmed.

This also assumes no roleblock but I wanted to see what Nacho replied to my post before extrapolating into this logic but I do agree with it. Nacho's theory of no roleblock and must lynch Maxous make no sense when combined unless he is doubting your alignment.

@Toasty- see the first post or the sign ups for the game. There are 5 scum total and no 3rd party. 14 v 2.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:47 am

@Sajin -- we have a flipped scum JK (Gamma). Unlikely that scum has another thing that roleblocks.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And, if you think they did... Don't you think they would be roleblocking AM?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:27 am

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1963, CF Riot wrote:We already went over this but leaving Maxous alive forces scum to kill him for us (if town) or disprove his claim (if scum) in order to get to AM. Sure, they won't be able to kill AM tonight regardless because of other CF but he's 1-shot so Maxous being alive is still worth it.
That is assuming they target AM. Why would scum have to?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by CF Riot »

They don't have to, but he's a useful PR so the longer they don't kill him the better for us.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Sajin's and CFRiot's arguments make a lot of sense. Nacho's don't.

VOTE: ToastyToast

Only other viable wagon.

~ F-16
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

So you agree with an argument that is...incorrect. Scum are not forced to kill AM/Maxous. That's basically the extent of their argument. This "plan" doesn't force scum to do anything.

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Carbon gimme a list before we hit L-1.

pedit: Toasty we already went over this.
IF
scum want to kill AM
THEN
they have to do something about Maxous. If they don't want to kill AM then we benefit anyways by AM not dying and being a solid townread with an investigative power.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1973, CF Riot wrote:IF scum want to kill AM THEN they have to do something about Maxous.
Carbonfiber is protecting him during the night. AM will live until tomorrow.
If there's TWO scum left during the night, tracking is a lot more useless than if there was ONE scum during the night. It also means all town roleblocking roles will be able to get innocents, followers following people who aren't killers turn into innocents, voyeurs watching people who are targetted without being killed equals confirmed town, if Monkey's little artifact is a watching power like I think it is, people with targettable abilities can target RS and LOOK, more confirmed town.

And yet people keep saying it's a higher percentage play to leave Maxous alive because AM won't die until he's dead. If he's scum, do you know what will happen? Carbon will have to protect AM anyways. And then, after that one shot is ran out, and AM will get shot. We'll lynch Maxous the next day, but from those two days he's been alive, we'll get less information simply because of his existence.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”