ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1959, Magua wrote:
In post 1957, ToastyToast wrote:@Magua: you know why its bad. In addition, the whole "WHHEEEE IM SUH SACRIFICIAL LOOKA T THAT HOW CAN I BE SCUMZZZZZ" is obnoxious.
Nope. Actually do not understand why you think it is bad.

So please elaborate.

If you think I'm scum doing it for towncred, you should either be voting me or telling Riot to shoot me.
I will respond more fully later, but the whole "oh yeah, i'm
totally
scum and this is my mastermind" thing is like mafia101 in things you don't do. Putting a line through it doesn't make it not a bad post.
"Because I'd prefer to get shot than play in this game."
Oh, boo-hoo, someone doesn't want to be in this game anymore. It must be sooooo hard. The reason why I dislike this is because you legit have no reason to be frustrated right now. You are not a main wagon, people suspect you but that is no reason to be bent out of shape.

In other words, that post of yours is contrived and fake. So yeah, it is bad and you should feel bad.

And just because I said a post was bad does not mean I have to vote you. Voting you would do nothing. You aren't going to make it to endgame, I'd rather push the only real alternative to my lynch (Maxous), and I wouldn't vote anyone just because I disliked a post they made. I need way more than that.

But people should seriously just make up their mind already. People are getting caught up in this *master plan* about who should target who and how we can force scum to do this and so on and so forth. And it's detracting from the actual game. When Vi was here, she just said "NO, this is bad and this is who we're lynching." And it helped get 3 in a row. No elaborate and unnecessary scheming. This is a game of mafia, not a game of "break the game based on little to no information, back off if someone claims something that is nice, test claims that say nothing about alignment" and its not a game on "who wants to replace Vi as town leader?"

If you think I'm scum, then vote me. If you think Maxous is scum, then vote him. If you think someone else is scum and thing you can get something going, vote them. Don't put any credence in some stupid plan. Its not going to move this game in a good direction.

PEDIT: yeah and then scum will just kill AM later. What, do you want to keep Maxous around until the end of the game, bodyguarding AM every night? You must really think he's town but I do not have that much trust in him and I hope the rest of the town doesn't either.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by AngstyMatters »

If you think I'm scum, then vote me. If you think Maxous is scum, then vote him. If you think someone else is scum and thing you can get something going, vote them. Don't put any credence in some stupid plan. Its not going to move this game in a good direction.
and if both of you are town, and my decision is forced between town bodyguard or vt? i suppose i could talk about tne attempting to tie ms to remberance and magua, or tne, hp both scumcoaching ms, but no cares to hear that anymore.
You must really think he's town but I do not have that much trust in him and I hope the rest of the town doesn't either.
and this is why i can't get actual scum lynched :(
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by AngstyMatters »

blehh fuck it, I didn't really want to defend maxous or toasty.
just wanted the day to end so the majority could finally move on to something else.

but might as well go full tilt
In post 1924, Maxous wrote:Why is Kalimar scum?
I have town reads on all 3 but I think Kalimar in particular is a poor choice for a shot.
scum!maxous has no motivation to defend town!kamliar(assuming kalimar is town cause his play
is
transparently town) from a vigshot, letting it happen is far more beneficial

scum!maxous defending scum!kalimar makes no sense, brings too much attention to the other if one flips

town!maxous
does
have motivation to stop a townread from being killed.
In post 1975, ToastyToast wrote:If you think I'm scum, then vote me. If you think Maxous is scum, then vote him. If you think someone else is scum and thing you can get something going, vote them. Don't put any credence in some stupid plan. Its not going to move this game in a good direction.
toasty pushing people to make a decision after a recent growth in his wagon is not something scum would want to do, they would probly stall.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Syryana »

Prod received

Catching up in this game will have to wait until tomorrow, blinding headache
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

I am starting to wonder why would Maxous claim bodyguard if he was scum? This almost ensures that he doesn't make it to endgame leaving all his hope in his remaining buddy. This also forces him to protect an investigative role increasing the information to town. Looks like a bad scum strategy.

~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

I am starting to wonder why would Maxous claim bodyguard if he was scum? This almost ensures that he doesn't make it to endgame leaving all his hope in his remaining buddy. This also forces him to protect an investigative role increasing the information to town. Looks like a bad scum strategy.

~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

I also wouldn't rule out Maxous and Toasty both being town and scum being among people that we have not suspected yet. Magua for instance. His posts seem contrived and Toasty does bring up a good point; why would he be frustrated with a game he is about to win?

~ F-16
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1979, CarbonFiber wrote:I am starting to wonder why would Maxous claim bodyguard if he was scum? This almost ensures that he doesn't make it to endgame leaving all his hope in his remaining buddy. This also forces him to protect an investigative role increasing the information to town. Looks like a bad scum strategy.

~ F-16
they are trying to out a protective role so they can kill AM.
this strategy worked, in case you didn't notice.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1977, AngstyMatters wrote:scum!maxous has no motivation to defend town!kamliar(assuming kalimar is town cause his play is transparently town) from a vigshot, letting it happen is far more beneficial
he's transparently town, it's not like the town is just gonna let CF shoot him anyways
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1980, CarbonFiber wrote:I am starting to wonder why would Maxous claim bodyguard if he was scum? This almost ensures that he doesn't make it to endgame leaving all his hope in his remaining buddy. This also forces him to protect an investigative role increasing the information to town. Looks like a bad scum strategy.

~ F-16
It could simply be because Dalzollene was a scum fakeclaim.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

town voting block

lets please give this game a perfect win

for record's sake
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 1960, Magua wrote:EBWOP:

UNVOTE: ToastyToast
VOTE: Amethyst Kitty
I get they are in your PoE list but why this vote now?
In post 1975, ToastyToast wrote:And just because I said a post was bad does not mean I have to vote you. Voting you would do nothing. You aren't going to make it to endgame, I'd rather push the only real alternative to my lynch (Maxous), and I wouldn't vote anyone just because I disliked a post they made.
This is ridiculous considering he has been actively trying to paint me as fakeclaiming.
In post 1977, AngstyMatters wrote:
In post 1975, ToastyToast wrote:If you think I'm scum, then vote me. If you think Maxous is scum, then vote him. If you think someone else is scum and thing you can get something going, vote them. Don't put any credence in some stupid plan. Its not going to move this game in a good direction.
toasty pushing people to make a decision after a recent growth in his wagon is not something scum would want to do, they would probly stall.
:shrug:
He is trying to get people to just lynch me if they think I'm scummy instead of allowing me to protect AM to see if the scum would be willing to give up a mislynch in order to shoot AM.
In post 1983, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1977, AngstyMatters wrote:scum!maxous has no motivation to defend town!kamliar(assuming kalimar is town cause his play is transparently town) from a vigshot, letting it happen is far more beneficial
he's transparently town, it's not like the town is just gonna let CF shoot him anyways
I must of missed the backlash uproar.
Nearly everyone else seemed content to sit back and just let it happen.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:18 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

to preserve our perfect score of 100% mafia lynch rate

we must slowly decide between toast and maxous

it is a delicate process
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Kalimar »

@AM: Other than MS who would be a good lynch vote?

Have been fine with my vote where it is, but it isn't really doing anything. I wanted to feel out Syryana more today before pushing it (or not) - but he's been totally absent.

Since the deadline is coming along I will put a vote down on Toast/Maxous tomorrow so we can move on (unless someone is at L-1 already by then) - though I'm still a little conflicted there, unfortunately.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

I'm willing to trust Nacho on this one.

Vote: Maxous.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

I think Dry is scum :(
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Syryana »

Can someone tell me why the CF Riot wagon disintegrated?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Toasty is clearly the one that needs to go here.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 1991, Syryana wrote:Can someone tell me why the CF Riot wagon disintegrated?
Because his claim is easily provable.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by CF Riot »

I claimed something confirmable. And at least 1 person out there already knows I'm telling the truth about it. And I ooze town when I post cause I'm town. And the only reason I'm a suspect is because I didn't get on the right wagons at the right times.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1986, Maxous wrote:I must of missed the backlash uproar.
Nearly everyone else seemed content to sit back and just let it happen.
You think that the fact you defended Kalimar makes you town? Hell no.
In post 1986, Maxous wrote:He is trying to get people to just lynch me if they think I'm scummy instead of allowing me to protect AM to see if the scum would be willing to give up a mislynch in order to shoot AM.
They wouldn't be able to be able to kill AM anyways since CarbonFiber is already protecting him...
In post 1991, Syryana wrote:Can someone tell me why the CF Riot wagon disintegrated?
Can you vote Maxous?

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by Magua »

ToastyToast wrote: I will respond more fully later, but the whole "oh yeah, i'm totally scum and this is my mastermind" thing is like mafia101 in things you don't do. Putting a line through it doesn't make it not a bad post.
"Because I'd prefer to get shot than play in this game."
Oh, boo-hoo, someone doesn't want to be in this game anymore. It must be sooooo hard. The reason why I dislike this is because you legit have no reason to be frustrated right now. You are not a main wagon, people suspect you but that is no reason to be bent out of shape.

In other words, that post of yours is contrived and fake. So yeah, it is bad and you should feel bad.
Allow me to rephrase.

I post a list of people I think should be unprotected that includes me in .

Nacho's all "magz y u do that?" in . If you start from the assumption that I know how to play [1], this is a bad question: either I'm scum and posing, or I'm town and have a reason.

Hence, Nacho gets a sarcastic snarky response in .

You come in in , commenting only on the snarkiness in 1938 and nothing else, which was sadface, given that you were (and are) looking like the leading lynch for today, with second-place plan floating around being that you get vigshot (though I did like your with the eminently useful "Guiz therez scumz on my wagon but I won't do anything productive like say who").

So, you didn't comment on my "viggable" list, you didn't actually care about me answering Nacho's question, you didn't seem to engage your brain about whether I *should* answer Nacho's question, you're...just...not...thinking...it...through.

I especially like the part quoted above is your stated position ("magz shouldn't feel bad because town is doing great") only makes sense as a running thought if you think I'm town (if you thought I was scum it wouldn't read as "contrived and fake", it would be "lolscumgettingrolled"), but if you think I'm town you should know I know what the fuck I'm doing.
ToastyToast wrote: PEDIT: yeah and then scum will just kill AM later. What, do you want to keep Maxous around until the end of the game, bodyguarding AM every night? You must really think he's town but I do not have that much trust in him and I hope the rest of the town doesn't either.
I really want to keep Maxous alive, yes. Honestly, and I mean this as near-to-literally as makes sense, do not care even if he is scum.

Let's work it out!

If Maxous is scum, scum have a choice:
- Shoot AngstyMatters anyways. We then lynch Maxous the next Day, and do you know what we've lost? Nothing. We're just changing the order of the lynches.
- Let AngstyMatters live. Hooray!

Alternatively, if Maxous is town:
- Maxous dies (saving us a lynch), and then AngstyMatters lives one more Night than he would otherwise. Hooray!

So the possibilities are neutral, good, good. Assuming Angsty isn't scum (paranoia, etc.)

Yes, this logic doesn't hold for the "Hot damn guiz I want to clean sweep the scum," but I don't give a shit about that so.
CarbonFiber wrote:I also wouldn't rule out Maxous and Toasty both being town and scum being among people that we have not suspected yet. Magua for instance. His posts seem contrived and Toasty does bring up a good point; why would he be frustrated with a game he is about to win?
Oh, I wrote up something snarky to this, but just went and deleted it, because it would amuse me and no one else.
Maxous wrote:I get they are in your PoE list but why this vote now?
Perhaps it was literally the post above mine (the hint here was the EBWOP).

Well, that's not true. I also found Amethyst Kitty's "Guiz! Guiz! Vi, who was an investigative role, may have investigated someone!" post to be terrible and made me want to vote them, but it wasn't until the "whatever, we obviously don't care" switch from Toasty onto you that I did.

This is worse with AK's , where AK was happy to move from Toasty to Maxous, and is now happy to call Dry-fit scum...but not move the vote.

---

And Syryana doesn't read the thread. Hooray.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Magua »

tl,dr: Assuming both CarbonFiber and Angsty are town, lynching Maxous today 99.9% guarantees AM dies N5.

Not lynching Maxous-town means AM dies N6 at the earliest instead.

Not lynching Maxous-scum means either AM dies N5 and we lynch Maxous D6, or it means AM lives longer.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

nothing of interest

do call me if my vote is needed
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 1989, Dry-fit wrote:I'm willing to trust Nacho on this one.

Vote: Maxous.
In post 1990, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I think Dry is scum :(
Why is he scummy for
doing the exact same thing you just did?
?
In post 1961, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Why are you trying to save Max?? Mala and I have already agreed to sheep Nacho onto whoever
~Mara

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”