Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:36 am

Post by Kalimar »

Vi preferred that I have my vote - presumably to help keep Vi's PR status hidden as well as me being investigated. If Vi had later wanted to wrest control of my vote that day Vi had the ability to do so since it was not binding.

As for my vote, I've nothing concrete. Probably not Dry-fit since both TNE and Maxous (who he voted on d1-2) were scum and he hasn't posted much that's gone on my radar. Probably not Sajin given AM got a no-visit on him last night (it's not optimal to no kill at this point - but not impossible) and the Gamma stuff. implosion is on the nullish side of town because of some town oriented posts. Nacho town-read has wavered a tad since his presence has diminished a little over the game but it's still there.

Monkey doesn't feel like scum but the ability thing does concern me a little. I don't think I'll vote him today, though.

Between AK, Syryana and Magua I'm flip-flopping. But for having little to no interaction with any scum so far:

Vote: Syryana

Also, Nacho, could you claim please so we can finish up the massclaim?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:59 am

Post by Magua »

In post 2223, CarbonFiber wrote:Magua's ISO is damning. His early interaction with Maxous feels like scum-scum. A lot of criticism of Maxous, no vote. He unvotes hp[leaves] at L-1 and votes Toasty. Scum feel overall.
Context is a great thing.

- Gamma lynch I wasn't at all thrilled by, and avoided.

- TNE lynch I was actively against until TNE was obviously avoiding the thread. Even then, I didn't vote him because I wanted him to get back to the thread and respond.

- [hp] leaves lynch I was actively for. I unvoted because he was at L-1 on VLA and I wanted him to get back to the thread and respond.

- Maxous lynch I was against because of his bodyguard claim, a claim guaranteeing he would not live to endgame. I saw (and maintain) that was a bad lynch with the information we had, even if it worked out in this case. I will happily, happily, happily not lynch anyone who claims bodyguard long before lylo.

tl,dr: I don't like hammering people before hearing a response, and I don't like lynching bodyguards.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Magua »

In post 2225, Kalimar wrote:Probably not Sajin given AM got a no-visit on him last night (it's not optimal to no kill at this point - but not impossible)
I think this is actually more likely than normal.

- Scum could try to kill someone who is protected, but Angsty is an outted tracker -- they'd be possibly outting themself to gamble Carbon is lying.
- Scum could try to kill someone who's in the suspect, non-protected pool. Scum needs those players to be lynched, not NKed, or they'll get PoEd.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Hi.
vote:Magua

I don't really have all that much to say, as not much has happened.

@Magua: that context you give doesn't really change much? You may have been campaigning for hp but you still left it, being against a lynch because of a bodyguard claim...well I think I've been clear on why I think that's dumb (and I still don't get why you don't think he'd live until endgame), and you thought tne was scum because he was avoiding the thread but refused to vote him until he stopped avoiding the thread?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Magua »

I left hp leaves because lynching someone on V/LA when we had 11-12 days is dumb, yes.

I thought TNE was town and that Angsty was Scummy McScummerson with AM's rolefishing. When TNE was logged in but not posting in this thread, that's when I got a scumread on him. But we still had three days, so there was nothing wasted by trying to wait and see if he would post. Newbie scum are more predictable, so if he went with a "omg im town guiz but he's my final read list" then that would've been very useful.

I think lynching a bodyguard with 5 mislynches available is dumb, yes. A truthful bodyguard claim will die because that's what bodyguards do, a lying one gets lynched later, eg, lylo, or when the person they're supposed to be protecting dies instead.

Luckily for me, I have past experience making exactly this case:
Magua, in [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3953840#p3953840]this post[/url] wrote: If redFF is really a bodyguard, I heavily need to revise my read on MoI. But, I don't want to lynch redFF, because as long as he's alive I think it's pretty guaranteed that Alice isn't going to die -- either he really is a bodyguard and so will die instead, or he's scum and needs to pretend to. I don't believe that scum have a roleblocker because if they did, they would've been much better off killing Kamrun and then roleblocking either Alice or Muffin instead of killing Muffin. Otherwise, Kamrun has two chances to interfere with their plans.
Magua, in [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3962446#p3962446]this post[/url] wrote:Ok.

No. We're not lynching redFF. I'm 95% sure that in the pool of (redFF, MagnaofIllusion), and I'm 85% sure that the scum in that pool is redFF.
But
, killing redFF means Alice dies tonight. Letting redFF live means Alice lives, *or* redFF gets lynched.

That is way, way, way more important to me at this point in time.

There is literally no way that redFF is the SK, because there is literally no way that redFF is surviving until the endgame.
For the record, I was town, redFF really was the SK (I ranted a bit after the game about how boggled I was that he would make a claim that would guarantee he lost), and
I still stand behind not lynching him 2 days from lylo being the right move

As is, tonight, Angsty is going to die, whereas if we'd left Maxous alive, there's the chance that he'd live.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Magua, if we'd left Maxous alive, he also could have janitored a role, which could lead to unforseen complications. Also, Maxous would probably be the one making nightkills... meaning that Angsty
would be useless except for finding Maxous
until we lynched Maxous.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by Syryana »

VOTE: Magua
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 2230, implosion wrote:Magua, if we'd left Maxous alive, he also could have janitored a role, which could lead to unforseen complications. Also, Maxous would probably be the one making nightkills... meaning that Angsty would be useless except for finding Maxous until we lynched Maxous.
Janitoring is a non-issue to my thought process yesterday, since a) no way to know Maxous was a janitor, and b) no reason to assume that a janitor would be used N4 or later instead of, y'know, N1. Like a normal person would use it.

As for doing the kills: Yeah. I had it in my head that Angsty could track Maxous and see if he visited Angsty or did nothing or visited the guy who died...but upon further reflection I see what a waste that actually would've been.

Mostly, I was caught up in Maxous not being scum, because, seriously (and I say this knowing I've now seen scum claim bodyguard twice), it's just such an absolutely terrible claim for scum outside of lylo.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

the last mafia can just forfeit now like seriously

the whole town is full of PRs and we're gonna kick your ass
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Well when Syr claimed I was like I am wondering if this is the last scum just due to the flavor itself. The only thing I ever saw of Hunter x Hunter was the deathscene of Leech & Porcupine when they battled against Uvo.

CF makes a decent post in 2223. Why didn't he try to confirm his role by asking CF to target him? So all of this seems too good to be true.

~~~

Mara has a decent town read on Syryana and I'm not entirely sure why to be honest. I don't see the same town-Syryana that I was against in DP or even Switch. He's way more passive and not really interacting. He currently threw a vote on Magua after 3 people already have.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

^ scum

theres no "too good to be true" claims for CF

we knew he was town from his role matching our role pm

and we were crumbing

do the scum want to forfeit or must we weed you out like we did for your teammates

also magua is suspect
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Well now aren't you just a charmer.

You call me scum because I made a post, but you aren't putting your money where your mouth is.

You totally misunderstood my post. Syr's claim feels too good to be true. His meta is different than what I would suspect of him. His claim sounds awfully like a bulletproof, but with the fact he gets a QT. Like I said Carbon Fiber made a decent point.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Post by CF Riot »

I'll be gone till probably Tuesday. Syry>Magua>AK. Still not real worried about it.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Cf: What happened to that town read on us?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by CF Riot »

It's still there. That's why you're at the end of the list. But PoE is making the suspect list pretty small and you're still in it so.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by Sajin »

In post 2231, Syryana wrote:VOTE: Magua

I could ask why you did not respond to my points. But I am going to assume you do not have a good answer because your scum.

Vote: Syryana

@AK: I was referring to how your last few points of how you questioned kalimar and his QT with Vi had zero point. Why did you think that was a good line of questioning?

@Rem: When you activate a contract do you choose which one of you makes the kill? Or both of you?

@Nacho: Where is your claim? Waiting.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

sajin

we choose who makes the kill

we get 2 kills for 2 cf's contracts i guess

both were wasted
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

also touhou has the 2nd best music ever
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ivlenkov.

The "information" I had pointing to no bodyguards being in this game was in my flavor, which said that I was a VT because I was just a bodyguard. I didn't see hito making up something like that while putting someone who was just a bodyguard in the game unless it was specifically to fuck with me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:50 am

Post by implosion »

Makes sense.

I mean, I could theoretically see him doing that since Dalzollene is the head bodyguard, BUT ALAS he did not.

Angsty, fullclaim your role and all of your reports.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

As far as the lynch for the day?

Vote: Amethyst Kitty

I've been observing these two ever since:
In post 1871, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Mala wanted Nacho dead because she thought Vi was crumbing that Nacho was scum though I didn't think he would be hinting a scum reveal.
In post 1872, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Wait, what? No.

I think Nacho is town.
First head is Mara, second head is Mala. This is NOT the type of hydra miscommunication that occurs; when people think they found a breadcrumb that makes someone confirmed scum, they bring it up, they talk about it, they figure out whether it is scum or it is town. They definitely do NOT mention offhand to their hydra partner to the point where they bring it up and then correct them in thread when they decide that no, it's not actually a confirmed scum breadcrumb.
In post 1904, Amethyst Kitty wrote:So ehm.

I have been back thinking on the Vi thing. How are we sure that she didn't / did use her role?

If she did I have someone who I think is confirmed innocent in my mind, but I don't want say it in the fact I'm wrong.

If Vi used it and confirmed scum she would have said it.
In post 1910, Amethyst Kitty wrote:So mag is that the only thing you have to say. Don't try and make your ego feel better by trying to put people down.

Cf- there's a reason why I am not drawing attention so far to it. I have a theory, but ill bring it out sometime soon.
The whole "I think I know who was confirmed innocent" thing never came to fruition; AK never mentioned who she thought got the QT with Vi, no reaction to Kalimar when he outs as confirmed innocent other than "why didn't you claim earlier?". They were clearly afraid of the innocent here since so many people were getting "cleared" anyways, and I think the fact that they never followed up on this pet theory is telling that it was meant to draw out others.
In post 1922, Amethyst Kitty wrote:the fact that Buldey/Ffery and Remembrance died before Vi did triggers weird vibes because, even both members of the 2 hydra are strong players, they weren't leading the game in the way Vi was and Remembrance could have easily stood as a distraction for later gaming.

what are you not following?
In post 1961, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Why are you trying to save Max?? Mala and I have already agreed to sheep Nacho onto whoever

~Mara
The paranoia of one of the town leaders being scum, calling me a town leader, and then sheeping me immediately after is bad trajectory. Her paranoia doesn't mesh with her actual behavior, and the actual timing would be extremely awkward if they are town. Lynch is between Maxous and Toasty, Maxous clearly isn't going to live forever. So they basically give all the responsibility to me, and I decide that hey, Maxous is going to live another day, they won't get in trouble for keeping Maxous alive another day. The "why are you trying to save Max??" bit when there was actually a decent argument yesterday for saving Max just came off as a piece of bad bussing.
In post 2021, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Nacho, I'll jump back onto Maxous if I have to, but I think Mala made a good point on Dry-fit.

also, I don't know what Mala thinks, but I think Maxous has a good a chance of being scum and I don't see how him being scum makes you not scum
Then there's this last minute push on Dry-Fit. The case has its own problems that maybe I can talk about later if people REALLY want to see it, but the fact this is inconsistent with the "Nacho we'll sheep whoever" AND the "town leader scum" bullshit makes this push doubleplusgood. Not only is it saving Maxous when apparently they are still reading Maxous as scum and haven't agreed with the plan, but it was a push that was dropped today in favor of trying to find a weak point that they can lynch. Let's look at the attempts so far:
In post 2141, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Sonic still bothers me a bit, though. I don't recall him voting for max, despite saying town needed to do a good job

I'll leave it to Mala to decide on whether or not we go after Dry-fit, though I should take a look at his interactions if she decides to do so

I don't like Carbonfiber wanting to policy lynch toasty because him being around in lylo isn't something we want despite us being no where near that phase, and despite the fact that we only probably have 1-2 scum left...
Case on Metal Sonic is that he didn't vote for Max even though town needed to do a good job.
Everyone thinks town needs to do a good job, but everyone isn't accurate so this doesn't make sense. The attack on CarbonFiber, who was essentially the counterclaim for Maxous-scum was horrible. ESPECIALLY:
In post 2218, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Hmmm...
this sounds unlikely, though that's really the only interaction he's had with scum that points to him being probable town.

he's had a weak bus on Gamma, the only thing he does is vote for him despite having other scum-reads, albiet weaker but it's still there.

he went on to wonder about other scum while still keeping his vote on Gamma.

he also looks for a reason to not lynch TNE, which admittedly might be weak, but still somewhat valid.
1) He voted gamma despite having other scumreads.
2) He looked for other scum while voting scum.
3) He tries to save TNE.

vs

Counterclaimed partner with a far superior fakeclaim (instead of just giving him a better fakeclaim to begin with) then no-killed.
Hmmm.
In post 2234, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Mara has a decent town read on Syryana and I'm not entirely sure why to be honest. I don't see the same town-Syryana that I was against in DP or even Switch. He's way more passive and not really interacting. He currently threw a vote on Magua after 3 people already have.
In post 2236, Amethyst Kitty wrote:You totally misunderstood my post. Syr's claim feels too good to be true. His meta is different than what I would suspect of him. His claim sounds awfully like a bulletproof, but with the fact he gets a QT. Like I said Carbon Fiber made a decent point.
And yet another dig on Syryana (who is town, by the way. a lazy fuck, but town). Saying his claim is "too good to be true"? When we have double mason-vig that confirms a third?

No.

The final scum's play at this moment is scum that needs to find extra weak points in the town. Sure, there's an easy breezy beautiful mislynch (Mags), but it isn't enough for the win. The win can only come when they start wearing down those outlier lynches (Monkey, Syryana, Dry-Fit), which AK has been doing to a T. If Magua is scum who decided to save a partner that was dead because he could get away with it, then he's stupid and only bringing a large amount of attention to himself. Syryana is town because I say so, mostly, but the claim of "bulletproof with QT" makes sense and is a fucking hilarious role. Mara, to answer your question about flavor sense, Porcupine's hairs are pretty much purely a defensive ability and leave him attached to the person who attacked him, which allows him to talk to his killer but not much more. This makes sense for confirming his role through a hit being put out on him or talking shit if scum try to kill him AS WELL AS learning who killed him (awesome scenario and I love hito for making it possible). Dry-Fit is not confirmed I guess but I've loved that man since he said that scum could circumvent my system simply by lurking.

Vote: Amethyst Kitty
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

sorry, got too excited and voted them twice
MY BAD

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

maybe the mighty ivlenkov gets two votes??
who knew he of all people would survive until the end and kill UVOGIN of all people
man mafia games can be funny sometimes

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:30 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2187, implosion wrote:I'll go ahead and claim: I'm Killua, VT. Yes, i know you're jealous.
:(

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:39 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 2240, Sajin wrote:I could ask why you did not respond to my points. But I am going to assume you do not have a good answer because your scum.
I ignored your points because no sane PGO would ever claim those things. Which you'd have realized had you spent five seconds thinking about it.

I'm sheeping Nacho. Sup dude?

VOTE: AK
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”