Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1320, Zdenek wrote:Indeed, Fia is here.
:oops:

Skimming for the win!
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Disclaimer: Splitting this post up into two as it is hella long…and took much longer than expected…

Ok..daylight is running out today, so I’ll touch briefly on everyone…
If you would like me to go into more detail on anything, I can…

First addressing this (bolded is mine):
In post 1195, implosion wrote:If i am lynched then just make sure s_o_o still responds to 1179
In post 1179, implosion wrote:s_o_o ISO:
post 255 wrote:Eggplant – intro post was odd to say the least…not really sure if his MattP thing is a scum slip, as his whole post just seems awkward..now would be a good time for him to get in here and talk…as waiting is not making him look good..
These are his first set of catchup reads. His read on eggplant is a strange combination of waffling and prodding him to post more. The amount of language in that sentence ("odd," "not really sure," "awkward") that waffles while vaguely painting a scumread on him feels like scum->scum.
Eggplant already had a wagon going on him based on his single post. I had commented on it that I thought it was strange as he came in all matter-of-fact and stating that silly RVS’s will be met with a quick-lynch and demanded votes with reasons from everyone, and then abruptly left the thread…I couldn’t tell if he was serious or not, and wanted input from him…

post 583 wrote:Going through the Matt/Tierce back and forth , I really don’t think Matt is scum…
He always seems like a wild card to me…
I expect his fake-claims
, so that really doesn’t seem to sway me one way or another…
His frustration at Tierce for calling him scum does seems genuine also…

I really don’t know what to think of Antagon’s claim as it does seem a bit OP to me as well … I will say that I do recall Abarat had a similar role that self -commuted themselves and a target for the night, so it could be possible…
Bolded is a POSSIBLE explanation for the matt kill if s_o_o is scum - he may have thought matt was fakeclaiming. Anyway, the important thing here is that, once again, when talking about the Antagon slot, sword just continuously waffles. He doesn't know what to think, "it could be possible," etc. It's not just the fact that he says he doesn't know, it's the way he says it.
Matt fake-claims in pretty much every game I’ve played with him in…I’m also pretty sure it’s common knowledge… so yes, it could have been a reason he was killed…although I had nothing to do with his death…As far as the Antagon waffling..not sure what implosion means by “the way I said it”. Antagon’s claim seemed overpowered, however, I had played a recent game with a similar role in it, so I was unsure…

post 802 wrote:Antagon- Egg’s intro was odd..and Antagon’s claim seems convoluted, yet believeable…normally I’d prefer to wait on lynching him…
I will say that I didn’t care for his last post though:
I don't need to explain this at this point. Four posts later, in response to Katsuki, he says he feels better about the antagon lynch, and keeps his vote on hp. Keeping his vote on hp isn't really a scumtell in that i can see him doing it as town, but it also fits very well if he's scum.
What I meant was that Katsuki had eased my reservations a bit in regards to having to lynch Antagon if it came down to it.. i still preferred hp over Antagon …I usually prefer to play it safe, especially on D1..I didn’t want to lynch Antagon on the chance that he was what he claimed..But should it come down to Antagon or a no lynch, I wouldn’t have felt as bad hammering him if I had to…

post 1168 wrote:Anyway,.i was really expecting a scum flip from hp, and that it would bullet proof my scum read of Ffery, but now I really don’t know..I went back and looked at ffery again, and now I’m thinking she’s most likely town...factoring into that is Matt’s kill…he claimed VT already…so why would scum kill a VT when there are lots of other unclaimed players out there? Ferry would not have benefitted from this, seeing as Matt only added her on his list as a “possible” scum because he saw her as “town”, and not “surefire town”…she would have no reason to be worried about Matt…same goes for OS, he was on the list for the same reason as ffery..i really don’t see why either of them would kill a claimed VT when there should be other priorities out there..and with hp gone, this narrows his list down to really only two people:
Me and Implosion…as far as Matt’s NK goes, this makes the most sense to me… and seeing as how people are saying that they don’t have a read on me or implosion, this might be the best avenue to explore...
This reasoning about matt's list is a bit... well, not true. I think. First of all i don't think scum would have killed matt because of the list if there were only one scum on the list. Second of all I don't think the scary part of a list like for scum is that there's scum on the list, it's that there's town that they'd like to ML off the list.

So yeah. To sum up, he makes sense as scum with antagon.
Unless I read wrong, implosion also wanted to lynch off of Matt’s list for reasons that scum were on it, yet he says scum would have killed Matt to mislynch off of instead:
In post 1134, implosion wrote:I disagree that it's unproductive to continue analysis of his list, seeing as I believe that it is likely the reason he was NK'd. I shall therefore continue such speculation unabated.
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1267, Oversoul wrote:
I did not like Katsuki being active from the start of the game where in the recent past, all I have known him to be is a lurker who continuely avoids prods to stay in the game without ever really investing himself.
I just checked back because I remembered this differently, but he was pretty active in mafia behind the maiden. Not overly so, but he definitely didn't just prod dodge his way through the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XLVI

:right: Katsuki (2) ~ Oversoul, Zdenek
fferyllt (1) ~ Syryana
Syryana (1) ~ Amrun

Not Voting:
Katsuki, sword_of_omens, Tammy, fferyllt

--With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is 07:30 EDT on July 2, 2013.
(This is your last day!)
Last edited by Vi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

PART 2

Ffery – I originally did not like her town read she gave to Bungle for flip-flopping on her which I already explained…hp’s flip made me question my read on her and when I went back and reread her I did notice that the miscount on the Egg Wagon (that I had originally questioned) had to have been an honest miscount..while that in itself is not alignment indicative, it still gave me a better feeling about her…MattP’s kill also helped sway me towards town Ffery, mainly because he had just got done telling her she wasn’t really a scum read of his, she would have had no real reason to kill him now that he wouldn’t be pressuring her anymore…although with implosion flipping town, I think Matt’s kill had to have been for WIFOM…Ffery did admit to thinking that Amrun (as Pjo) had copped her based on the “lil dash” flavor of Pjo’s posts and for that reason put Pjo/Amrun into the town pile…
If Ferry was scum, and knew that Amrun was town, then I would think that Pjo/Amrun would’ve been a priority target for her..If Ferry is scum, then Amrun would have to be scum as well.

Oversoul – I have OS as town…I actually thought he soft-claimed PR here:
In post 667, Oversoul wrote:I took things pretty personally before and saw shadows in the dark (if this game is still going on and certain events occur) I'll explain.
His #724 (believe it or not) made me feel better about him as I see him do this repeatedly as town:
In post 724, Oversoul wrote:Gg no re if you think I'm scum
Also, his interaction with Tierce looks like he is genuinely trying to figure her out…

Amrun – I’d actually like to revist the Pjo/Amrun slot…I really did not like the way Pjo started the game…at all…his attack on me was horribly scummy…also, at the time I thought his Universe mass claim was bad…even with Amrun’s claim now as a flavor cop (I don’t doubt her role), although I do doubt her alignment…I have been burned multiple times by scum cops, claiming to be town…I admit, I had put her on the back-burner once she and Tierce got into it…I did not have a definitive read on Tierce, so the interaction between the two was welcome for me..it did not read to me as scum buddies trying to fake an argument in thread .. I was hoping more would come from it…also, depending on the results that Amrun claims, we could lynch her to see if she is telling the truth…if she is telling the truth , then we have a list of confirmed town..if he isn’t then we are down 1 scum. Thoughts on this?

And shit…out of time..

Others:

Katsuki – I had a town read on Kats mainly based on the MattP kill..but that theory went all to hell when hp flipped town…so I’ll have to reread..

Syryana – Syryana is in my town pile…I did like his early game and when he went after ffery

Tammy – I wanted to re-read Tammy again but I’ve run out of time…her interactions with everyone did look pretty genuine..
I did notice here that she keeps saying “if you knew me, you’d know I’m town” ..in the Abarat game when she was scum, she shied away from statements like that…so there is that…although not sure of what I think about her claim with the “following Fia” flavor, and saying that its not indicative of whether or not Fia is in the game, especially after Zdenek had just claimed Fia…

Zdenek – Has been the strongest town in the game..his game is pretty straight forward..no fluff…just hard work…

I’ll pop in from my phone before deadline and place a vote…
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1329, sword_of_omens wrote: Tammy – I wanted to re-read Tammy again but I’ve run out of time…her interactions with everyone did look pretty genuine..
I did notice here that she keeps saying “if you knew me, you’d know I’m town” ..in the Abarat game when she was scum, she shied away from statements like that…so there is that…although not sure of what I think about her claim with the “following Fia” flavor, and saying that its not indicative of whether or not Fia is in the game, especially after Zdenek had just claimed Fia…
Yeah, that looks bad, but I'd like to think I have a little more pride than to make a fake dumb tell like that. It's actually called I was eating lunch, getting ready for work, and skimming the thread for anything that had to do with me at the same time and it didn't register when Zdenek suggested I claim. If it did register, I would have mentioned that I was suppose to keep him safe but was given no way to actually do that.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 707, Oversoul wrote:
In post 694, Tammy wrote:I'm going to sleep, and I want to hear what syryana has to say about ffery first as I think he's wrong. And I want antagon to give his role name. His claim and the way he made it doesn't make sense.
Why did you ask that?
From your own PM it should be apparent that role names aren't given.
In post 708, fferyllt wrote:
In post 707, Oversoul wrote:
In post 694, Tammy wrote:I'm going to sleep, and I want to hear what syryana has to say about ffery first as I think he's wrong. And I want antagon to give his role name. His claim and the way he made it doesn't make sense.
Why did you ask that?
From your own PM it should be apparent that role names aren't given.
From my role PM it's apparent that role names *are* given. A mix of named and unnamed roles?
Now that you both claimed vanilla, I'm pretty confused by both of these responses.

I took this to mean that you were both roled or else how would you know that role names weren't given/were given.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I have a role name - Rainbow Dash. I thought Oversoul was saying that his role PM did not have a named role. So, I was throwing it to "the room" to see if unnamed roles are a thing in this game.

Then Oversoul indicated he does have a role name IIRC.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

how many themed games have you played ffery?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Onsite? 4 or 5, including ongoings. Offsite, nearly all have been themed games, though not as elaborate as most ms themed games because the game days usually last somewhere between 12 and 48 hours, and mods don't go all out for games that will complete within 1-2 weeks.

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Tammy »

No, I meant here. Rainbowdash would be your character/universe name whereas vanilla town would be your role/ability (or lack of as it were).

So for instance SoO has claimed Kirby, but that's not his role. His inhale ability is his role or ability.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Amrun needs to get in here.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1335, Tammy wrote:No, I meant here. Rainbowdash would be your character/universe name whereas vanilla town would be your role/ability (or lack of as it were).

So for instance SoO has claimed Kirby, but that's not his role. His inhale ability is his role or ability.
Ah. Role is VT. Role name/character name are interchangeable in my lexicon. I'll keep this in mind in future games.

Idic
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Just noticed I wasn't voting.

Vote: Oversoul
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Katsuki »

So SOO, you're pretty much just a random extraordinarily weak JOAT?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Thoughts on setup:

Relatively powerless setup. Probably revolved around the Cultilante. Kill flavor suggests that enomis killed zach N1.
Given that town is thus far relatively powerless aside from having a kill... scum probably are too. Normally, scum would have some sort of power to help them find such a PR, and if so, town should conversely have something to help protect said PR. I know Vi said this game tests our ability to either find or protect this PR, which is irking me somewhat. Going by this wording, I want to say that SOO is town even though his role seems iffy and feels like it has virtually no uses.

We're short on time so I'll comment on Amrun's role too. So far I don't know what to think of it. I have no idea what the chances of Vi giving town both a flavour cop and Tarharlandur... Tar is historically ALWAYS scum in Vi games, and usually the most powerful or unique PR on the scumteam. Role is only useful for confirming other roles, which would suggest that, if town, that scum have roles where they'd have an incentive to lie about their rolename?
If this is a scum role then I doubt Amrun's claim is truthful but we won't go there as it's meaningless to (if she lied about it she'll just say she didn't and nothing to prove otherwise).

Play wise I'm still happy with lynching Oversoul today. He's done nothing all game aside from pushing mislynches, and today trying to attribute these mislynches to me (not to mention NKs).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1329, sword_of_omens wrote: Katsuki – I had a town read on Kats mainly based on the MattP kill..but that theory went all to hell when hp flipped town…so I’ll have to reread..
How does hp flipping town make you think I'm scum?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

So this is as far as Antagon got and is his latest reads:

AS OF PAGE 8:
Town:
Zdenek
Syryana
Pjovek Amrun
Tierce

Tammy
MattP
enomis
implosion

Null/leaning town:
Zachrulez

fferyllt

Null:
Everyone else

My edit: Not listed here is Sword of Omens or Oversoul

Null/leaning scum:
Katsuki

Scum:
mrbungle

--------------

I looked through some of Antagon's games and the only completed scum game I found of his was a newbie game a few months ago where he started out with his partner as null and then bussed pretty hard over something silly. But, it's a newbie game, and a sample size of one, so it wasn't of much help. (Empire, do you see this, are you happy? I used to be a no-meta happy little chic, and then you started making me read people's games.)

Now that Tierce is gone Zdenek is my strongest town read, and we're paired anyway. It would just be cruel of Vi to tell me I followed my evil friend Fia here.

I still like Syryana for town based on our early dance, and some of his reactions to people. I did wonder a little bit about syryana based on his case on ffery as it felt in nature like his case on dgb in nightless. This one isn't a super strong read though.

I'm iffy on Amrun still. I know that OS called her role probs the town pr, but I can also see it as a scum role. I don't know. I go back and forth on her a couple times a day. Some of her posts just don't sit well with me, but then I think that sometimes she'd be more careful as scum. Also the last time we played together and she was scum she lurked like crazy, but then she was also going through a hard time in life so that might not be a good meta tell for her. (pedit: I had that same thought about Tarh being a traditional scum role, it was in M. behind the Maiden, but I didn't have the time or energy to do a meta search to see if it always is.)

I'm still leaning town on ffery. That convoluted reason for why she was townreading pjovek/Amrun is something that I don't really expect from scum. And she just reads town to me.

I'm most concerned with the two that aren't mentioned by Antagon at all. I would normally expect scum to mention his partners, but he did list Sword as a read earlier and left him off of this list. That makes me worry, though his last reads list and post read kinda townish to me. His role does read kinda eh, but if it is something that may or may not work then it might be more town than not? I don't know here.

I go back and forth on Oversoul too. I really didn't like his early play which was more mechanical than not. I know he explained it, but meh, Fortnight wasn't too long ago and how much are you really able to change your playstyle. Just some things rub me the wrong way. He felt like he was trying to feign paranoia of Tierce earlier. I don't like the early town read for Matt still. I still don't see how Matt was "gambitting" earlier and he didn't do anything of his usual town Matt play until mid day two for OS to call him town from his first 3 posts. Early town reads for nearly no reason always bug me, especially when they are strong players who aren't acting as town as they can.

And Katsuki - Katsuki reads town to me, but my two strongest town reads suspect him, and that makes me go hrm.

Basically, I suck. I dont' have a handle on this game, and I can find a reason for why every single person here is town, and reasons for why a handful might be scum.

Here is the type of fence I'm building by the way:

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Amrun has posted on site this evening and her failure to post in her really bothers me considering the lack of time.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1329, sword_of_omens wrote:Katsuki – I had a town read on Kats mainly based on the MattP kill..but that theory went all to hell when hp flipped town…so I’ll have to reread..
This is in the wrong order.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Tammy, in your role pm does it say that we travelled here together or anything else about our relationship?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Katsuki »

That does remind me that Tierce reading me as scum is weird, considering she used to read me rather well. I don't remember if I've played as scum with her before, but she used to always have me read as town when I was town from what I recall. It's one of the things that reinforced my scumread on her.

I agree with Zdenek regarding Amrun.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1345, Zdenek wrote:Tammy, in your role pm does it say that we travelled here together or anything else about our relationship?
No, it just says that I followed you here to make sure you're all right and now I'm in the midst of a fight. I have icy scythes but they don't do anything.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Ok. Mine says (roughly) that I came here alone, but that it would have been better if I'd come with someone.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Amrun »

I'm here, are we done claiming?

My boyfriend got here today so I've been... Uh... Occupied. >.>