Open 507: The Case of the Hard Boiled Egg (Game Over, 6/13)

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
kunkstar7:
Lazurial (4): kunkstar7, Amrun, ac1983fan, Bertkerberos
Rural Juror:

Unvote: Kerberos, Lazurial, Rural Juror

Day 3 ends on August 9 at 12pm CA time, or in (expired on 2013-08-09 12:00:00)
"I can break us in" Lazurial said.

He took two wire hangers and snipped them into two smaller pieces. He took the pair of pliers and bent them into shape. He now had a lockpicking set.

Encyclopedia watched in amazement as Lazurial got the front door to the apartment open. Everyone followed inside.

The small unit had a very basic living room. A couch, coffee table, and TV. There was a small dining table next to the adjacent kitchen. There was a door to the bedroom window.

Encyclopedia approached the bedroom door. He held his breath as he turned the knob, and exhaled when he saw what was inside...

"Nobody is in here" he said.

"The guys, there's no sign of them. I think we're in the wrong place." Encyclopedia hung his head down.

A noise came from the living room. Someone had come in through the front door.

"Who are you?" the cop said.

"I'm Encyclopedia Brown".

"Do you live here?"

"No."

"How did you get in?"

The cop saw Lazurial, who still had his lockpicks in his hand.

Lazurial immediately dropped the picks and ran past the cop. He made a dash across the hallway, and into the open courtyard.

The cop drew his gun and pointed it at Lazurial. "Stop right there!" he yelled.

Lazurial kept on running. He didn't want to be caught. Tears began to flow from his eyes as he ran as fast as he could, away from the cop. This isn't how he wanted his game to end. There wasn't time to explain, his brain, his gut, the only feeling he knew was flight.

The sound from the gunshot echoed throughout the entire complex. The bullet whizzed through the air in a split second.

Lazurial's body fell forward with a giant thud on the pavement. Encyclopedia's cries rang through the hallways, as he made a beeline to his teammate.

"LAZ!!!!" he yelled. "LAZ!!!!"

Encyclopedia stood over Lazurial's body. "Laz, buddy, are you ok?" he asked. He cradled Lazurial's head as he knelt down beside him. "Laz, I need you to hang on. Laz, just, just hold on, we'll get this fixed."

The cop ran to his car to radio for an ambulance. Encyclopedia's team rushed over to join him, to check on Laz.

"It's not...." Laz spitted out with his dying breath.

"I'm.... I'm one of... I'm sorry."

Tears poured from Encyclopedia's eyes. "Laz? What are you trying to say?"

"I'm.... town....".
Lazurial, a vanilla townie, died on Day 3 in Encyclopedia's arms.

Encyclopedia looked up at his team. "No, no we can save him, everyone pick him up, it's ok, it's...." His emotions were overcoming him.

Someone spoke up. It was Rural Juror.

"This is all your faults! You guys did this!!!" Rural was now brandishing a vigilante pistol.

"RURAL WHAT IS THAT???" Encyclopedia yelled.

"I'm going to avenge everyone, avenge everyone for this rotten game!" Rural aimed his gun at the rest of the team.

Encyclopedia was still holding onto Lazurial, but was frozen in terror at the thought of one of his own teammates packing heat. "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HOLDING THAT?"

"The entire game, and I'm going to waste one of you right now because I think we're not all on the same team here!"

He pointed the gun at ac1983fan. "I'm going to waste you first, you son of a bitch, I bet it was you!" Without hesitation, Rural Juror pulled the trigger.

Nothing. A single click, and nothing.

Rural Juror stared at his gun. "What in the hell". Encyclopedia looked on in confusion.

"Looking for this?" came a voice from behind.

It was Bertkerberos, holding the pistol magazine.

Rural stood there in shock. He began holding the empty gun out menacingly. Unfortunately, that was enough for the cop to come by. "PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR OR I'LL SHOOT" he yelled. Rural obeyed, dropped his gun, and was handcuffed. The cop took him over to the hood of his car and began arresting him in connection with the disappearances.

Encyclopedia, still holding Lazurial, yelled, "Amrun, I can trust you, do something!... Amrun?"

Amrun didn't respond. She couldn't respond.

Her mouth was duct taped shut. She was on the ground wiggling, trying to get a word out of her muffled mouth. Kerberos stood next to her, holding an emptied out cardboard roll of tape. She tossed it in Encyclopedia's direction.

"Help me....." a voice came out.

kunkstar7 was inside the unit still.

Hanging from the coat rack.

From an atomic wedgie.

ac1983fan, Bertkerberos, and Kerberos whistled for a cab. They all piled in and sped off.

Rank looked at the cell across from him. "You think they'll find us?"

Lucky2u looked down. "I'm hungry" he moaned.

"Shut up" fuzzy said. "Just try not to think about it. Do what Taskmaster did."

Taskmaster had fallen asleep cozily in his cell from boredom. He'd been in there for a long time.

Twin Flames was doodling on the ground. "Well hopefully everyone else in the game is having fun."

"Screw that, I had this game solved" oriole said from his cell. "I could have helped us win."

A voice came from the shadows. "The whole lot of you, keep it quiet. You want food, here's food."

The figure dropped a gift off at each cell.

A bowl of hard boiled eggs.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Game Actions:

Taskmaster lynched on Day 1
ac1983fan kills Twin Flames on Night 1 = successful
DrCirno chooses Vigilante on Night 1
DrCirno vigilantes Lucky2u on Night 1 = successful
oriole investigates Lazurial on Night 1 = "not killed" result

Rank lynched on Day 2
Bertkerberos kills oriole on Night 2 = successful
Rural Juror vigilantes fuzzybutternut on Night 2 = successful
oriole investigates ac1983fan on Night 2 = not applicable (orioled is killed)

Lazurial lynched on Day 3
uctriton00 stuck at various airports for work the entire day = successful
Flavor written = successful
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by notscience »

Why did we ignore my final words and what fuzzy said about the gender'd hydras
Rural Juror
Rural Juror
Townie
Rural Juror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by Rural Juror »

Oh gee, I don't think I should reveal myself now. Most of my reads were pretty horrible.
Show
The Irma Luhrman-Merman murder
Turned the bird's word lurid
The whir and the purr of a twirler girl
She would the world were demurer
The insurer's allure
For valor were pure Kari Wuhrer
One fervid whirl over her turgid error
Rural Juror
Rural Juror
Townie
Rural Juror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Post by Rural Juror »

Quicktopics?
Show
The Irma Luhrman-Merman murder
Turned the bird's word lurid
The whir and the purr of a twirler girl
She would the world were demurer
The insurer's allure
For valor were pure Kari Wuhrer
One fervid whirl over her turgid error
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Post by Twin Flames »

GJ Scum team wow.

BTW This is why I prefer the tracker/vig go tracker, its an investigative role and information > extra kill, especially since the vig may end up killing town instead of scum.

---Rach
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 am

Post by Amrun »

Lol this was so lame.

I basically knew bertkerb was scum, didn't think Kerberos would refuse to deadline vote for kerb as buddies, knew one of laz/kerb was scum, picked the wrong one. Thought Bert did a real turnaround on laz and it made laz more likely to be scum...

I could never get a good feel for this game. :/

Teaches me a lesson to trust my gut on nacho. I probably COULD have gotten them lynched if I'd started a day or two earlier, but I didn't really think so in a strong way until today. But my main reason to scumread nacho was how he handled his read on me and I was t sure I was being objective about it.

Laaaaaaame.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:18 am

Post by Twin Flames »

If nacho makes it to LYLO without being lynched or NKed chances are very high he is scum.
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:19 am

Post by Amrun »

Well; he wasn't playing the game very much.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:19 am

Post by oriole »

Well, damn. That vig rendered my scan pretty useless. I realized that no matter what result I got, the chance of the person I scanned being scum would go up.

At least I scanned acfan correctly.

Amrun, did you know I was a power role?
In post 433, Amrun wrote:I see Oriole as town for ~reasons~ I am not inclined to share.
This made me think you did.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Amrun »

I don't remember what I was thinking at that precise time, but yes.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p5207790

nommed for best flavor, i enjoyed the shit out of it
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 779, Rural Juror wrote:Quicktopics?
i don't care if it's released, see no reason why anyone would want to hide it but i'll give a chance for them to say no.
In post 781, Amrun wrote:Thought Bert did a real turnaround on laz and it made laz more likely to be scum...
bert was very fun to play with as a partner because he threw up so many false positives. i also thought that us staying alive was explained pretty well by bert quickhammering the hider!
In post 781, Amrun wrote:But my main reason to scumread nacho was how he handled his read on me and I was t sure I was being objective about it.
That's pretty much exactly what I hoped would happen.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Amrun »

I want to be upset, but I can't be, really. I never got a proper handle on this game. I stopped trusting myself because my earlier reads were wrong and I always lose when I stop trusting myself.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:47 am

Post by ac1983fan »

So apparently my ideal scumplay is to tunnel one of my
buddies all game and generally coast by without doing anything til lylo.
Not a dayvig.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:09 am

Post by Bert »

I can't say I love being scum, but being paired with a much stronger player in an upper echelon helps me to understand some thought processes I don't even think about usually

Also, being scum helped me explore and see, without having to look back in hindsight, how "townies" play from the get-go as well as my scum-mates.

It's great for analyzing. Not having Nacho breathing down my back as town also helps, cuz I wasn't paranoid about being caught

Thanks for the game! Loved the flavor too.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:59 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Post Game Chat and Q&A

Mod chooses to reveal the QTs
Quicktopics: Dead = http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/TXGE5TinGgS9a
Quicktopics: Scum = http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Ev48ykv4MR6

My gripe with how they do the postgame Q&A on Survivor is that they don't talk to some of the contestants. But unlike Jeff Probst, here I'll make time for everyone! Feel free to participate, not participate if you like.

Taskmaster
(notscience and Dr Pepper), so you died on Day 1, and you drew the hider. I think if you were quickhammered by Bert, you would have put out a claim and shown your bread crumb, which was a pretty solid one (even though I personally didn't see it, I wouldn't have questioned it after you wrote it out). Who would you have chosen to hide behind?

Lucky2u and Twin Flames
(Rach and Nobody Special), you both died for different reasons on Night 1. Lucky, you were the vigilante target by DrCirno. She can share her logic if she wants (she has been invited back to the topic), but do you think you did anything particular in your gameplay to cause yourself to be vigged? And Twin Flames, is this just a common case of being "too townie"? That would have been my first guess.

Rank
, you died on Day 2. You came back from your V/LA just in time, but pretty much the wagon had been run up on you. Not sure if there's anything different you could have done. I think you were jumped on for low activity, which isn't always a good excuse to lynch someone IMO so maybe people can chime in.

fuzzybutternut and oriole
, again there was some dichotomy in why you died on Night 2. fuzzy, you were served up by the vig, Rural Juror this time. I have no insight on why you were served up. Oriole though, you were pretty strong town and I don't think there was anyone who would have served you up as a lynch candidate through the day. As you saw, you would have gotten that guilty result on ac1983fan had you lived. If you did live, I'm wondering how the counterclaiming would have gone against you (assuming you'd out your role in the Day 3 lylo).

Lazurial
, your reads were developing pretty well. I think you had the ac1983 change in tone as an excellent read. Unfortunately there wasn't much you could do as you were turned into a deadline kill due to general inactivity from the rest of the field, so you were rather easily served up as a mislynch.

Amrun
, the strong town read along with Oriole, and an excellent read on kunkstar7 as also town. I think had the game continued to progress, you could have been easily the next one up to go at night.

kunkstar7
, you were in the game for what, a few minutes, but you did extremely well in your slot. I think you turned that slot from a null lurk slot to a strong protown slot. Together with Amrun you were going to be a strong town block that scum couldn't take out.

Rural Juror
, an unlucky shot, but what's weird is that DrCirno probably would have shot fuzzy too. And in the QT you'd notice Nacho had pegged your slot as the vig, AND pegged your choice for a target too. Again, assuming we went into Night 3, who would you have shot?

ac1983fan
, I think you already summed it up and coasted by while a lot of other people in the town began fighting each other. Laz did pick up on your change in action though, and you were offering yourself up (or Nacho made you offer yourself up) as the lynch.

Bertkerberos
(Bert, Nacho, Syry) oh my, how you survived that lynch on Day 1 is astounding. Did you honestly make a mistake? And were you surprised the wagon to your death wasn't run up on you on Day 2? And Nacho, that was amazing how you were able to pin the vigilante. I don't think any of us have yet figured out how you read that.

Kerberos
(Mara, Mollie, Mala), like Jan Brady, you fell in the middle and actually I think were pretty safe if Bert had gotten himself lynched. A lot of people in the topic said, "either/or" for you and Bert. Also lol @ post 766, when you had ac1983 online, and you were hoping Bert was on for a mislynch.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:07 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

lol Rach, you know you don't need to post in hydra post game :P

Bert was really amusing to play with, and the first scum-buddy that I really ever hard defended. I was a little nervous about Amrun cuz of another game, and how she started to pick up on BK. I was kinda expecting a little more pressure to come our way.

This was a good game though
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

Teehee

well, that post could have been made for several reasons

I found it kinda funny when people went "either or" on the two doggies. I didn't really think that the off associations were that bad RE us
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:14 am

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 786, Nachomamma8 wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p5207790

nommed for best flavor, i enjoyed the shit out of it
Thanks!

The day flavors had already been preplanned in my head, but the night flavors all depended on if it was a townie or a mafia being lynched. This here was akin to a "bad ending".

Had the game ended with a town win, you would find out who the perp was and stopped them. Had it ended in a 3P LYLO mislynch, you'd find out who the perpetrator was, but you'd die in the process.
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Lazurial »

Wow... My reads were 2/3 of the scum, though I'll admit I trust nacho too much, so I wasn't going to be eager to lynch him. I guess this means I just need to work on pressing my cases better.

Good game scum, rather well played on your part. I can't say I'm overly ashamed to have lost, especially with the two big hydras being there to form a scummy brain-trust.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:33 am

Post by Bert »

In post 217, DrCirno wrote:
In post 204, Lucky2u wrote:@mnemonic Mostly right. He refused to answer, which isn't the same as avoiding.

So everyone is town but me, fuzzy, and bert. Man that is a good team.
Now I'm not sure if this guy is trolling or scum. Excellent Vigbait, though.
In post 202, fuzzybutternut wrote:I have my own list of reads that I'm leaving unannounced until further notice.
None of them are null.
Uh-huh.
What Nacho found day 1
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:36 am

Post by notscience »

In post 791, uctriton00 wrote:Taskmaster (notscience and Dr Pepper), so you died on Day 1, and you drew the hider. I think if you were quickhammered by Bert, you would have put out a claim and shown your bread crumb, which was a pretty solid one (even though I personally didn't see it, I wouldn't have questioned it after you wrote it out). Who would you have chosen to hide behind?
I had the full intention to hide behind one of the Kerbs, because I knew they'd put one over on everyone.

Would have died N1, but would have netted scum.

Also- DP can share our QT if he wants irdc

He pegged BK and AC as scums though
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:11 am

Post by Amrun »

Uci -- for me, personally, my push on Rank had 0% to do with his inactivity. The things he posted were almost all scummy. When he did come back, I started to doubt a little, but no other lynch was viable anyway.

I would have been perfect happy to wagon bk that day instead. Kerberos made that unviable. :/

I don't like reading three headed hydra. It muddies the waters.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:17 am

Post by oriole »

The reason I didn't crumb much is because I saw there was a vig. That meant that my scan of Lazurial that came up innocent made him slightly more likely to be scum to me. My thinking was I can't eliminate him as any of the three scum spots but I could eliminate him as vig.

I ended up sort of softly indicating my result on him anyways by deferring to Nacho, I think.

I was trying to scan people I thought couldn't be the vig. I thought the vig was DrCirno/Rural Juror, so at least I got that right.

I think I got townread too much, though. I was trying to play a bit more null-town and passively, but everyone town read me anyways, so... Oh well. I thought allowing Kerberos to go after me on Day 2 like that would get me through the night, but then again I suppose that wouldn't work if Kerberos was mafia.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.

Return to “Completed Open Games”