PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 348, The Slovak Prince wrote:
In post 340, PeaceBringer wrote:oh maybe I didn't mess up the read. The asking to talk to Tammy was a "hated" posted I skimmed over. The other one with the messed up no excuse to hammer is the partner, no?
all Venny did was make the first two posts from this account, talk about Chk and them call that vote serious, and promise a case on it. a case that I'm still waiting on, and talks about Ramsey
okay, you fooled me then...lol
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by Amrun »

And for the record... Tammy, I don't believe my tone in mafia.raptured was haughty at all. There was something you misunderstood, which I took special care to PM you post game about because I didn't want the misunderstanding to continue. Here, I got a little upset at RL things and it came out with "reading comprehension" comments etc (which are super mild in my mind, but clearly more upsetting to you). I then APOLOGIZED, but y'know, whatever, go on being super rude. I have a pretty thick skin.

@Cabd: Are you seriously suggesting I didn't do set-up spec in amol? That's how I caught Mara. Or in hard boiled where I proposed a breaking strategy? Wtf? Lol

I play every game differently, according to mood. I could equalize it, but I don't on purpose.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Kyubey »

In post 351, Amrun wrote:@Cabd: Are you seriously suggesting I didn't do set-up spec in amol? That's how I caught Mara. Or in hard boiled where I proposed a breaking strategy? Wtf? Lol
I don't recall saying that?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

Oh wait I think it was Mara. Sorry.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Kyubey »

This isn't a continuation to the conversation Cabd is has been having with other people since I started this post, I didn't even know he was online.
In post 317, The Slovak Prince wrote:C/Lynx Kthnx is town, and the fact that you two are already harping on people for not scum-hunting, while there is painfully little of it coming from your account when I expect much, much more from at least C, and a little more with what he's explained to me combined with really dirty comments you are already throwing at people is just strange.

Yes, Kthnx role looks convenient, but it is also a strange fucking role to be claiming as scum. There is also the point of, Him saying he wants to wagon the one he has the biggest town read on makes even less sense, next to zero, from scum.
I can't be held to whatever overly-friendly distracted fuckery Cabd gets up to on this account, you'll have to ask him about it (which he didn't address at all other than claiming you're Town? I'll ask him about that, I'm assuming meta). I've never been in more game at once at least, learning to balance that and getting my post count up now, so that's where I'm coming from. (I also forgot we made this hydra in the first place.) Although you'll be hard pressed to find any forum I'm on that I'm not too aggressive or confrontational. Anything that comes off rude or insulting is most likely unrelated to the game and is a result of an unfortunately-angry internet voice.

I disagree on the voting Town read. Super early Town reads can be Scummy (not inherently are) because Scum knows. He can push for a policy lynch, not a Scum-based lynched, because that effort to remove an anti-Town player on policy looks like a Townie effort. And he can be confident in the Town read because he knows it, can claim "I read him correctly."

I didn't want to say anything about a Peacebringer Scum read with the whole neighbor thing, but I guess that's out? I also don't like the immediate finger-pointing towards us now that it's revealed.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Amrun »

Mara, you asked me for reads, but for the most part I've shared what's relevant. I don't have a great handle on this game yet. Kthx, thenewearth, Prozac , Maestro are my top scum picks ATM. Kyubey has been pretty subdued as well. No one has really rustled my jimmies yet behind kthx. When I have kind of shit reads like that, playing closer to my chest is generally more effective until I find something really worth pursuing.

Even my main scumread I'm pretty conflicted on because he could have easily not claimed macho. Blegh.

@Tammy: I forgot to add that the reason I said your slot was trying too hard to be pro-town was the awkward, clumsy way the "town bloc" applications were handled. It's not really a big deal, though.

P-edit: I think that's more null with meta. In ye olden days, a neighbor pair had scum in it more often than not.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by trebuchet tabby »

I thought I would have some brain cells left for this game but I don't.

Will catch up tomorrow.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

oh and bert, I think new earth is scummy...
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

In post 351, Amrun wrote:And for the record... Tammy, I don't believe my tone in mafia.raptured was haughty at all. There was something you misunderstood, which I took special care to PM you post game about because I didn't want the misunderstanding to continue. Here, I got a little upset at RL things and it came out with "reading comprehension" comments etc (which are super mild in my mind, but clearly more upsetting to you). I then APOLOGIZED, but y'know, whatever, go on being super rude. I have a pretty thick skin.
I wasn't being super rude or didn't mean to be originally. I referenced the first line in the post, not as an interpretation of the post but a reference to the post. It struck me as fake at a gut level. When you misinterpreted and claimed I said something I didn't and said it was fucking obvious, it struck a nerve. I apologize if I reacted poorly. That move I've been talking about for the last month happened and I started my new job this week. I've barely slept and am pretty stressed and feeling out of sorts right now. I might be a little jumpier than usual.

The meta thing about me reacting poorly to suspicion as both alignments isn't really accurate though. When I'm scum I know that people are justly suspecting me and I tend to try to be reasonable and talk people out of suspicion, that and I just care a whole lot less about my scum games. If I do overreact with someone, it's me trying to mimic what reaction I think they expect from me but I always think it comes across as fake. So, for instance in Red Wedding when Venmar had me nailed in those last days, I tried to point out why I wasn't scum, I didn't flip out on him.

Regarding the reasoning for the scum lean, as I said before when I read it I debated about it being a joke. I couldn't imagine anything that I had done that was me attempting to be pro-town. The town-bloc thing wasn't even close to that. The application procedure for a town bloc or even a town buddy to work with is something that I do from time to time. And I don't think it was awkward, I like to have fun the first few pages of a game, and I was just having fun with it. And this one was part joke, part serious. Syryana and I had discussed about how dreadful it would be if we drew scum here and people like ffery, mara and cabd drew town as Syry was pretty sure they'd be onto him immediately, but that it would be super awesome if we all drew town and could work together and dominate the game. We were both happy and relieved to draw town, and the town block thing was a product of that as well as a kind of shout out at the people we hope to work with.

I really need to finish this lecture though. So tomorrow.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 357, PeaceBringer wrote:oh and bert, I think new earth is scummy...
lol, crossing games in my mind there...
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 306, Kthxbye wrote:y'all can finally listen to me about d3x
Boot yuoor vhule-a ergooment egeeenst me-a bueels doon tu "d3x shuoold knoo I'm Toon". Iff yuoo reelly thuooght I ves Scoom und veren't joost mekeeng nueece-a, yuoo'd booeeld a cese-a egeeenst me-a. Yuoo're-a nupt seyeeng unytheeng tu leestee tu und yuoo're-a nut seyeeng unytheeng I cun ectooelly ergooe-a egeeenst. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Yuoo're-a cunseestently ignureeng my cese-a oon yuoo {ifee vhee I pust veethuoot my restreecshun}. Thet's oone-a ooff zee ScoomTell yuoo herp oon!
In post 308, Pyrotechnics wrote:I'm not seeing the same kthnxbye as was there.
Zee theeng ebuoot Kthx's Scoom pley is thet it's nut cunseestent. Um de hur de hur de hur. I'fe-a pleyed veet heem 3-4 teemes es Scoom und it's deefffferent iferyteeme-a. Zee meeen pueent is thet it's nut hees Toon geme-a {vheech is feurly cunseestent}. In thees geme-a, he's nut pleyeeng hees Toon geme-a. He-a sterted tu pepper it in oonly effter he-a sterted emesseeng pressoore-a.

I'd teke-a tne-a es a cunsuludeshun, boot I mooch preffer Kthx Tudey. Bork bork bork!
In post 317, The Slovak Prince wrote:he broke it and he hasn't gotten reprimanded like how Kthnx does.
Kthx bruke-a hees restreecshun moolteeple-a teemes es hes Jeke-a. I'fe-a ectooelly beee vetcheeng tu see-a iff zeey hefe-a zee seme-a cloose-a es I hefe-a. Kthx feenelly run oooot ooff elloounces und he's noo beeeng pooneeshed fur it. Um de hur de hur de hur.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:41 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

@ffley - you commented about my play being different, but how do you justify your play being different? You usually add more to discussions and this game seems completely different.

I used to do rock climbing as a youth, but I was much boulder back then.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Alton Brown
Alton Brown
Townie
Alton Brown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:17 am

Post by Alton Brown »

Votecount 1.5Kthxbye (4) - d3x, Amrun, Maestro, Porochaz
PeaceBringer (3) - Rank, thenewearth, The Slovak Prince
thenewearth (2) - Pyrotechnics, PeaceBringer
The Slovak Prince (1) - Kyubey
Maestro (1) - Jake from State Farm
d3x (0) -
Kyubey (0) -
Jake from State Farm (0) -
Rank (0) -
Amrun (0) -
Porochaz (0) -
trebuchet tabby
Pyrotechnics

Not Voting (2): trebuchet tabby,
Kthxbye

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-08-31 19:03:38).

kthxbye is no longer able to vote for this day phase.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:02 am

Post by trebuchet tabby »

In post 361, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ffley - you commented about my play being different, but how do you justify your play being different? You usually add more to discussions and this game seems completely different.

I used to do rock climbing as a youth, but I was much boulder back then.
36 hours of migraine and counting. I was abile to hit most of my games last night, but the really active ones were too much. I tried to get through the Tammy/Amrun stuff. It wasn't making sense last night.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Maestro »

I honestly can't follow all these fucking hydrae and everybody referring to them by their separate heads...
Should've looked a little closer at the playerlist before agreeing to replace.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Amrun »

Yeaaaah, it's kind of confusing.

I will personally attempt to only refer to them by full names from now on, might help.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Rank
Rank
Goon
Rank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Rank »

Agreed on referring to individual members of hydras. That shit IS confusing.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

Yep the last page was confusing and a bit unnecessary, I dont have much more to add to whats being said here. I do want to say if your going to play as a hydra, then a. you have to be communicating with one another and b. other people have to call you by the same name and not the individual user name otherwise Im going to be completely unable to follow anything whatsoever.

Out of interest is there actually people okay with kthx's claim beyond "its a claim"?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by The Slovak Prince »

READING UP YO
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 pm

In post 175, PeaceBringer wrote:kthxbye- it looks like you will need to claim- @ L-2
lol wut is this you werent even on his wagon
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:45 pm

In post 183, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 182, Amrun wrote:
In post 175, PeaceBringer wrote:kthxbye- it looks like you will need to claim- @ L-2
Why?
that is how we play the game and I could vote you at L-1. Here
vote Kthxbye...
I was giving you leway. You are now at claiming point.
i honestly cannot understand the reasoning behind your posts bro
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:52 pm

In post 204, Alton Brown wrote:
Maestro replaces chkflip.
oh swag. sorry meastro that you probably got a scum role
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 pm

SPECULATION IS DUMB GUYS

RIP Page 8 and 9 for being wasted
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:58 pm

In post 226, trebuchet tabby wrote:Jake you are really
confusing
me this game.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that wooord
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

seriously, I like to spam post just as much as the next guy but try and combine these thoughts into 1 or 3 posts. Not 2 though, 1 or 3. thanks ;)
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”