NFL Football Thread 2013

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:27 am

Post by KageLord »

In post 69, Jake from State Farm wrote:takes more than talent to win a SB.
True. Evidence: both Giants wins over the Pats, Ravens last two wins last year, and more.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

If you want even more evidence, look at the Minnesota Vikings during Randy Moss' rookie year.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 66, Benmage wrote:I'm a Jet fan...
fml
Why don't you bandwagon to the giants like all the other Jets fans?

Also, no such thing as a lock.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:50 am

Post by KageLord »

In post 77, PJ. wrote: Also, no such thing as a lock.
If you take the entire team being healthy as a given (which he did in his original statement), I think you can call some locks (especially if you aren't guaranteeing the health of other teams). For example, if NE stays healthy, they are a lock to win the AFC East, which isn't a shocker. I'd even say that if both teams stay healthy and postseason suspension-free, one of NE or Denver is a lock to win the AFC (NE would have won it last year if either Talib or Gronk didn't get injured or Ridley didn't fumble on the play he also got injured).
Show

Record:

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 40, Brian Skies wrote: Also, to answer your question, I don't support rape. But I sure as hell think murder and killing innocent animals to be far greater crimes.
I'd kill every animal out there before raping someone.....
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 71, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 66, Benmage wrote:I'm a Jet fan...
fml
well look on the bright side, you can only go up hill from here
Ya maybe we can go 0-16 and get clowney..

I never wanted Genosmith, he's a worse diva version of Rg3... His career will be like Vicks in the falcons, flashes of athleticism, but inconsistency, and injury prone.

Bigger problem we have no weapons around a qb. No te, no wrs, no running game a weak right line.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:32 am

Post by PJ. »

KageLord wrote:
If you take the entire team being healthy as a given (which he did in his original statement), I think you can call some locks (especially if you aren't guaranteeing the health of other teams). For example, if NE stays healthy, they are a lock to win the AFC East, which isn't a shocker. I'd even say that if both teams stay healthy and postseason suspension-free, one of NE or Denver is a lock to win the AFC (NE would have won it last year if either Talib or Gronk didn't get injured or Ridley didn't fumble on the play he also got injured).
You're looking at the NFL like it's franchise mode on madden with injuries turned off for only your team. The truth is, you don't know if NE wins the Superbowl or even the AFC if Gronk stays healthy. You don't know if the Bills or Miami are better than they look. Denver might not be as good as they look. Unexpected stuff will happen. No Locks.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 68, Rob14 wrote:
In post 42, chesskid3 wrote:If he were innocent he wouldn't have settled. End of story.
Very, very not true. Often, settling is just more convenient and better in the long-term financially and PR-wise. If you're innocent and want to go to trial, you have to pay a team of lawyers. That shit isn't cheap. It also involves a long media spectacle that would likely destroy one's career.
Sorry but when the rich defendant settles with the dirt poor plaintiff that means he's guilty.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 81, PJ. wrote: You're looking at the NFL like it's franchise mode on madden with injuries turned off for only your team. The truth is, you don't know if NE wins the Superbowl or even the AFC if Gronk stays healthy. You don't know if the Bills or Miami are better than they look. Denver might not be as good as they look. Unexpected stuff will happen. No Locks.
Denver isn't as good as they look. Losing dumervill hurt. And 6 games on Miller will hurt. But That O is still great.

I like Houston with Cushing, Watt and now Reed.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 79, Benmage wrote:
In post 40, Brian Skies wrote: Also, to answer your question, I don't support rape. But I sure as hell think murder and killing innocent animals to be far greater crimes.
But do you support murder? If the answer is no, then O.J. Simpson and Ray Lewis should have been targeted first. And in case you haven't noticed, we had proclaimed Ravens fans before I posted.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 82, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 68, Rob14 wrote:
In post 42, chesskid3 wrote:If he were innocent he wouldn't have settled. End of story.
Very, very not true. Often, settling is just more convenient and better in the long-term financially and PR-wise. If you're innocent and want to go to trial, you have to pay a team of lawyers. That shit isn't cheap. It also involves a long media spectacle that would likely destroy one's career.
Sorry but when the rich defendant settles with the dirt poor plaintiff that means he's guilty.
Or the dirt poor plaintiff was just looking for an easy check, which she got. If the rich defendant goes to trial, even if that person is proved innocent, their reputation is already ruined (see Ray Lewis). And in a situation like a professional football player's where the longer a court case lasts the less able he will be to earn his paychecks (playing in games), it's almost always better to settle (even if innocent). The risk is greater for the rich person (even if they're innocent) than the dirt poor plaintiff (who not only has nothing, but has nothing to lose because they're the person doing the accusing).

As for whether or not he is actually a rapist, this still doesn't answer my initial question to you. What does being a Steelers fan have to do with supporting rape? If you shop at Wal-Mart and their CEO is an accused pedophile, does that make you a supporter of pedophilia? It's a slippery slope at best.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:53 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 84, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 79, Benmage wrote:
But do you support murder? If the answer is no, then O.J. Simpson and Ray Lewis should have been targeted first. And in case you haven't noticed, we had proclaimed Ravens fans before I posted.
Ray Lewis just drove the getaway car man
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:54 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 85, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 68, Rob14 wrote:
Or the dirt poor plaintiff was just looking for an easy check, which she got. If the rich defendant goes to trial, even if that person is proved innocent, their reputation is already ruined (see Ray Lewis). And in a situation like a professional football player's where the longer a court case lasts the less able he will be to earn his paychecks (playing in games), it's almost always better to settle (even if innocent). The risk is greater for the rich person (even if they're innocent) than the dirt poor plaintiff (who not only has nothing, but has nothing to lose because they're the person doing the accusing).

As for whether or not he is actually a rapist, this still doesn't answer my initial question to you. What does being a Steelers fan have to do with supporting rape? If you shop at Wal-Mart and their CEO is an accused pedophile, does that make you a supporter of pedophilia? It's a slippery slope at best.
If right next to that Wal-mart was a store with the exact same prices that didn't have a CEO accused of being a pedophile and I deliberately went into the wal-mart knowing this, yes it would.

There's 32 teams in the NFL. Some are better than others at not having scumbags.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 81, PJ. wrote:
KageLord wrote:
You're looking at the NFL like it's franchise mode on madden with injuries turned off for only your team. The truth is, you don't know if NE wins the Superbowl or even the AFC if Gronk stays healthy. You don't know if the Bills or Miami are better than they look. Denver might not be as good as they look. Unexpected stuff will happen. No Locks.
Alright bro, if you wanna be technical there are no sure things in life. It's not a lock that any of us will survive the next 5 minutes. But in casual conversation I take 99+% likelihood to be a "lock".
Show

Record:

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 86, chesskid3 wrote:Ray Lewis just drove the getaway car man
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 87, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 85, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 68, Rob14 wrote:

If right next to that Wal-mart was a store with the exact same prices that didn't have a CEO accused of being a pedophile and I deliberately went into the wal-mart knowing this, yes it would.

There's 32 teams in the NFL. Some are better than others at not having scumbags.

So you're the type of person to judge people and institutions off of accusations alone? If you are, then there is no merit in pursuing this debate any further. You can continue this discussion by yourself.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

There is no need to debate IMO.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 91, Jake from State Farm wrote:There is no need to debate IMO.
Not like it would go anywhere. Can't have a debate when neither party is willing to change stances.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 65, Jake from State Farm wrote: If RG stays healthy I say we win the division yet again and if the entire team is healthy, I'd say NFC championship game is a lock
Ignoring the concept of RGIII staying healthy...

Yeahno.

Atlanta, Seattle and SF are an entire notch better.
Green Bay and their porous defense still win a majority of the time against Washington.
And besides, no one is coming out of the NFC East without some serious bumps and bruises.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

We should do playoff division winners afc/nfc.. and wild cards..and superbowl predictions
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

NFC:
East: Giants
West: San-Fran
North: GreenBay
South: Atlanta
Wildcard: Seattle/Saints

AFC:
East:Patriots
West:Broncos
North:Bengals
South:Houston
Wildcard: Ravens/Chiefs

Superbowl:
Atlanta/Houston
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

Atlanta wins^
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

IM SO EXCITED TO GO LIKE 2-14

WOO RAIDERS BEST TEAM EVER!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

NFC:
East: Redskins
West: 49ers
North: Bears
South: Falcons
Wildcard: Seahawks/Packers

AFC:
East: Patriots
West: Broncos
North: Ravens
South: Texans
Wildcard: Bengals/Chiefs

Superbowl:
49ers d. Texans

Mine are pretty similar to Benmage's. But that's just the current state of the league, I guess.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 97, pickemgenius wrote:IM SO EXCITED TO GO LIKE 2-14

WOO RAIDERS BEST TEAM EVER!
Bet you guys still get the biggest bust in the draft!

Return to “General Discussion”