Micro 231: Mismatching Flavor Mafia (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Pressure? Gut read? For the lawls? Who knows...
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

vote count 1.5
Cabd (L-4):
Mononoke
Lucky2u (L-4):
Bert
>
Brian Skies (L-3):
Shiny Hydreigon | beastcharizard
>
Guyett (L-3):
Brian Skies | Lucky2u

Not Voting:
Cabd, Viera Assassin, Guyett

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Until deadline: (expired on 2013-09-20 12:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • :D
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I stole the top of page from the mod, I win a prize right?

Modkill sounds like a good prize to give out!
No.

-Your lovely mod
Shiny Hydreigon
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Shiny Hydreigon »

meh
UNVOTE:

R~
Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokemon.
They are scary.
They consume and destroy everything.
If you so much as move, you are a foe.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 250, Lucky2u wrote:Pressure? Gut read? For the lawls? Who knows...
Poor answer

VOTE: lucky

FoS: Beast
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

VOTE: Guyett
You pegged him, Lucky
Where is my Petalchaser?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Guyett »

he what? please do give reasons for this
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Mononoke
Mononoke
Goon
Mononoke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Mononoke »

In post 43, Brian Skies wrote:Nacho hydras everywhere.
There's no reason to be jealous, Brian.
In post 97, Bert wrote:Nacho, if you see these posts, please please please tell me if this is Syrlacious
Marangal, probably. She has a tendency to capitalize obv a lot for some strange reason.
In post 102, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 100, Shiny Hydreigon wrote:my vote is serious Skies, how about yours because if it is, I would think you would be a little bit more receptive to a 1v1
I haven't been serious for most of this game. Kind of hard after seeing that role PM.
Nyancats take away your capacity to scumhunt? :(
In post 136, Brian Skies wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling this Hydreigon wants to get lynched.

Nacho? Bert? Cabd? Thoughts?
You think they are a jester? Why?
In post 162, Brian Skies wrote:I don't know the set-up, but with 9 players, I'm assuming there are 2 mafia (could be three but what would I know). So in my mind, the worst that could happen is us putting the town at lylo.
That's not exactly a desirable scenario. I could think of 4 scenarios and they all seem to be more awesome to me. So let's avoid that one.
In post 179, Brian Skies wrote:What do you think of the 1v1? How about the reactions? Motivations?
Entertaining to read, probably not good for town. The Shiny Hydra is town. I am not sure about you quite yet.
In post 185, Bert wrote:Nacho's "probably" when mentioning if we are both town is REALLY scummy,
Why?
In post 222, Guyett wrote:Any reason?
Beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice. Why were you following along without talking about anything that happened?
Mononoke
Mononoke
Goon
Mononoke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Mononoke »

v
In post 228, Guyett wrote:I have had a busy weekend. I do not like your attitude
VOTE: brian

That is L-1
Was this a policy lynch, or were you reading him as scum at the time? If you were reading him as scum, why?
In post 233, Guyett wrote:however I don't like the way he is trying so hard to be town
Sometimes people don't try hard to be town; they just are that town. Why do you say that he is just trying hard to be town?
In post 254, Guyett wrote:
Poor answer

Why are you voting lucky and why do you suspect Beast?
In post 190, beastcharizard wrote:It feels scum motivated to me. I pointed out you could be bussing each other thus either lynch cleans the other one. Reactions are normal.
What happens when one flips town?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by Guyett »

In post 257, Mononoke wrote:
In post 222, Guyett wrote:Any reason?
Beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice. Why were you following along without talking about anything that happened?
I'm sure I've explained this already. I had RL stuff. I was at my post grad supervisors BBQ on Friday, a beer fest on Saturday and in work on Sunday. other games were running into deadlines so this game went on the backburner.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Guyett »

In post 258, Mononoke wrote:v
In post 228, Guyett wrote:I have had a busy weekend. I do not like your attitude
VOTE: brian

That is L-1
Was this a policy lynch, or were you reading him as scum at the time? If you were reading him as scum, why?

At the time yes I did think he was scum, however after doing my response to his questions, reading his reaction and further refection I came to the conclusion he is actually likely town, hence the unvote

In post 233, Guyett wrote:however I don't like the way he is trying so hard to be town
Sometimes people don't try hard to be town; they just are that town. Why do you say that he is just trying hard to be town?

It is a tactic I have seen in other games. Why would you want to put yourself out there as mega town so early in the game? you're just setting yourself up for a likely NK imo.

In post 254, Guyett wrote:
Poor answer

Why are you voting lucky and why do you suspect Beast?

two reasons;
-one or both of them is likely scum exploiting the Brian wagon
-Lucky has done very little in the game from a town perspective. ISO him... lots of fluff. role fishing. the 180 between and
bolded is mine
Mononoke
Mononoke
Goon
Mononoke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Mononoke »

So at first you state he's too towny to be town then too reckless to be scum? And IMO he wasn't that towny considering i had slight scum vibes on him, so where did you think he was the shining star of towniness from?

~Sakura Hana
Shiny Hydreigon
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Shiny Hydreigon »

In post 260, Guyett wrote:Why would you want to put yourself out there as mega town so early in the game? you're just setting yourself up for a likely NK imo.
in that case why dont you suspect us? we called ourselves obvtown at least twice

R~
Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokemon.
They are scary.
They consume and destroy everything.
If you so much as move, you are a foe.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Guyett »

Oh he certainly isn't the towniest person here.
I realise there is a fine line between being too towny to be town and too reckless to be scum. In my mind it makes sense.
@shiney because your responses to him seemed logical and protown. is so town imo
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 246, Mononoke wrote:Man, everytime someone claims VT they get lynched and turn up... in fact VT!, I wasn't intending to vote you, I only said I thought you were scummy, so I'm not sure where you made that assumption, but I do agree that it's not a good idea for the day to end early. The flavor doesnt look like a fake claim to me.
Btw are you an alt? you seem like you know me, but I dont remember you at all.

~Sakura Hana
The pattern of reasons for voting me made me think I was going to get lynched. I didn't say you were going to hammer me, just that you were probably preparing to.

Also, I'm not an alt. Your reputation from the games I've read aren't exactly flattering. Although, I do believe there are a lot of good things about your play (they just don't stand out as much). Plus, I've already read through this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29901

The above link is where I borrowed the idea of the gambit from. And it's why I wanted you and Nacho to answer the questions separately. I didn't actually plan on ever using the gambit, it just popped into my head during my interactions with Shiny.
In post 247, Guyett wrote:I thought he was a hydra
No.
In post 255, Viera Assassin wrote:VOTE: Guyett
You pegged him, Lucky
I forgot you were in this game. What am I missing, Viera? I'm not as smart as you so you need to explain it to me.
In post 257, Mononoke wrote:Nyancats take away your capacity to scumhunt?
Just my ability to be serious in the RVS stage. :(
In post 257, Mononoke wrote:You think they are a jester? Why?
1) I play on Epic Mafia every now and then. Some of the set-ups I play include 1 fool, so I've seen players either try to get lynched or allow themselves to get lynched.
2) From pages 4-6, Shiny was continuously incriminating me with flawed logic. Because of how blatant it was, initially I didn't think Shiny was scum. The other suspicion that DID come up was the possibility of a fool being in the set-up. I forgot what the set-up was and the flavor threw me off. I DID in fact look for GiF's /mod post later to reassure me that it wasn't a bastard set-up. This led me back to point A and I read Shiny as scum.
In post 257, Mononoke wrote:The Shiny Hydra is town. I am not sure about you quite yet.
Everyone's been saying Shiny is probably town, but I can't logically see this through our interactions. Is it a meta thing? Or am I missing something really important?

As for your read on me, it's expected. I haven't exactly been the model townie (understatement).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, I did get a small townread for Shiny, but not for the same reason as Guyett.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 265, Brian Skies wrote:Also, I did get a small townread for Shiny, but not for the same reason as Guyett.
DO you still want Shiny lynched?

@Mono: If one of them flips town then one of them flips town and my theory is wrong. I don't understand the point of this questions.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

< would like charizard and Guyett pl'd if possible
Where is my Petalchaser?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

PL'd? What's that mean?
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 268, Lucky2u wrote:PL'd? What's that mean?
maybe you too
Where is my Petalchaser?
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I am pretty sure that means policy lynched.

VOTE: Vierra

Apparently I got it right earlier thinking you were scum. Policy lynches are dumb and not helpful at all. Together with your claim, which of course struck me the wrong way and didn't have town motivation around it, I am convinced this is the best lynch for today.

Can you explain why you want up pl'd?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Cabd »

Catching up, initial skim reads says nacho-flower is town;
saki
Viera Subpar-classed is town, bert is probably town but i owe it a metadive. Sorting the rest of you lot now.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 264, Brian Skies wrote:Also, I'm not an alt. Your reputation from the games I've read aren't exactly flattering. Although, I do believe there are a lot of good things about your play (they just don't stand out as much). Plus, I've already read through this game:
Why did you choose Sakura to look at first with regard to past games? Curious choice
In post 271, Cabd wrote:Catching up, initial skim reads says nacho-flower is town;
saki
Viera Subpar-classed is town, bert is probably town but i owe it a metadive. Sorting the rest of you lot now.
Why do you need a metadive on me?
In post 270, beastcharizard wrote:Apparently I got it right earlier thinking you were scum. Policy lynches are dumb and not helpful at all. Together with your claim, which of course struck me the wrong way and didn't have town motivation around it, I am convinced this is the best lynch for today.
that's weird that you need to tell us that policy lynches are dumb and unhelpful. How is that bringing anything new to the table? It seems like you're trying really hard to look town by planting your feet down strong and saying "policy lynches are dumb and not helpful at all"
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 272, Bert wrote:
In post 271, Cabd wrote:Catching up, initial skim reads says nacho-flower is town;
saki
Why do you need a metadive on me?
Welcome to Cabd, enjoy your stay. I do my reading via metadives.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 272, Bert wrote:Why did you choose Sakura to look at first with regard to past games? Curious choice
You should already know the answer Bert, but I can't say the reason why.

Hint: Sakura wasn't the reason I was reading that game. She just happened to be in it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”