Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

As much as I like creme brulee, Im starting to feel we have reached a plateau when it comes to discussion, that said Im interested in what Kbuyey has to say, but Im not caring how long it is as long as we're not waiting ages for it.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Alton Brown
Alton Brown
Townie
Alton Brown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Alton Brown »

Votecount 2.8trebuchet tabby (5) - Jake from State Farm, PeaceBringer, d3x, Rank, Porochaz
Kyubey (1) - Amrun
Kthxbye (1) - Kyubey
Porochaz (1) - The Slovak Prince
Rank (0) -
PeaceBringer (0)
Amrun (0) -
The Slovak Prince (0) -
d3x (0) -
Jake from State Farm (0) -
Pyrotechnics

Not Voting (3): trebuchet tabby, Pyrotechnics,
Kthxbye

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-09-17 22:45:18).

Kthxbye may no longer vote today.

Amrun has been prodded.
Kthxbye is V/LA until 9/17.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

...kyubey you let me down :(
A hydra of Syryana and Tammy!
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Kyubey »

In post 1002, Pyrotechnics wrote:...kyubey you let me down :(
I was in no state to play mafia after last night. I'm still pretty upset, but i'll try later tonight. If not, I'll just proxy you my vote and I can hash it out tomorrow (no fucking way I die tonight)
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

Okay. I hope things get better for you. :)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I'm almost willing to say fuck it and lynch Armun. This lurking is totally not like her.

A prisoner's favorite punctuation mark is the period. It marks the end of his sentence
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

It's very frustrating, yes, but amrun is town.
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Kyubey »

In post 1004, Pyrotechnics wrote:Okay. I hope things get better for you. :)
If it helps my initial concern is lack of engagement about townbloc building. That what I had last night before... uh... things happened.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

Initial concern about who and town bloc building?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:53 am

Post by Amrun »

SOOO sorry for this, guys, but I'm totally caught up and everything! For some reason I had the impression that this game was super fucking long and I had so much to catch up on. I saw 40 pages and thought I was on page 15 or something, idk why. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought.
In post 807, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 799, Kyubey wrote:
In post 788, Amrun wrote:VOTE: kyubey

Behavior around the wagon etc.
Also I wanna know what you mean by this, amrun. Given that I had a perfect opportunity coming in after hammer to be all "my vote is symbolically on TNE guys" but instead placed it on you, alone.

You mean you had the perfect opportunity to come in and do something you know people would suspect you for and you didn't do that?

Total town tell >_>
In post 810, Pyrotechnics wrote:

Also I wanna know what you mean by this, amrun. Given that I had a perfect opportunity coming in after hammer to be all "my vote is symbolically on TNE guys" but instead placed it on you, alone.

Oh I forgot. This doesn't sound like you talking to your number one scum read.
I am just going to QFT these.
In post 820, Kyubey wrote:
In post 810, Pyrotechnics wrote:

Oh I forgot. This doesn't sound like you talking to your number one scum read.
I'm trying to re-calibrate after being told I have shit reads and subsequently realizing that such is the case, so if you could stop pissing in my attempts to re-sort this game, that would be great.
This is a scummy post -- distancing from own reads because someone called them shitty and they were like "yeah, they are shitty?" What?
In post 826, Kyubey wrote:
In post 822, Kyubey wrote:so I'm guessing PB is scum reading me
Holy fucking misrep, batman!

VOTE: Kthnx
I have to agree with them that they were misrepresented here, but Kthnx is pretty town for being demoralized about losing a vote in that particular way.
In post 859, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 841, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 835, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 833, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 824, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 808, Pyrotechnics wrote:Oh also tabby there's the stuff with tne. Jake pointed some of it out, but when I get a break from work ill point out my problem with it.
As I said, I was worried it would be a mislynch. I posted intent to hammer, though, because I didn't really see an alternative I was happy to vote at that point. Rank hammered about an hour before I intended to IIRC.
Here's my problem:
tabbycat wrote: I have reservations about TNE because I've mislynched/tried to mislynch him on 2 of the 3 occasions where we've played. On the 3rd occasion he was scum, but I had bigger fish to fry on day 1 of the hunterxhunterx game. From earlier meta dives (circa May probably) I found that he tended to make more substantive and serious posts as scum. Being a lurksack wasn't alignment indicative back then.
You tried to frame it as a lurker lynch. Him lurking had nothing to do with my scum read on him. I was pushing for tne half the day and said that syry said hellifiknow in response to my read on him. I said that it was bothering me that tsp didn't have a clearer read. But you never once asked me about that until I point blank asked you to vote for tne at the end of the day. And then you frame it as a lurker lynch. This bothers me.
I wasn't framing your vote as a vote on a lurker. I
was
describing my own impression of his participation level both in terms of frequency and overall substance. He had 11 posts, and there were some big timeframe gaps. And ultimately I agreed with the lynch. The time I actually did hammer him, it was 3 minutes or so to nightfall, the player who had declared intent to hammer hadn't made an appearance, and he flipped doctor without coming back to roleclaim.
But see you're doing it again, you're just talking about participation. That's part of my problem, yes, but where you were inquisitive on our Amrun read, you weren't on TNE. It looks to me now that you were trying to get backup for an Amrun mislynch that you'd be able to not hold yourself accountable for. I mean I'd understand it if you were interested in more reads, but you weren't here. And you did frame it as a lurker lynch, and you still are, and it had nothing to do with that. And I don't understand how if you did meta dives on him, you were all testy. My meta read and gut on him made him a fairly certain scum read and I don't consider myself close to being a decent meta reader, but you do, so the fact that you just reduced it to participation and still are is bothering me.

Like I really don't know where you stand ffery on anyone, anywhere.
I hammered him in a game where he was the doctor. I did not have a strong scum read on him and I didn't really want to vote him but it was that or nolynch. On DAY 1. At the time you made your case, that prior game was at the forefront of my mind and I didn't pay as much attention to the details of your case as I might if it had been another player you were talking about.

It shouldn't be too hard to discern where my thoughts were on day 1. Today I still think Jake is town. I still think you are town. I am leaning town on kyubey, but it's usually later in the game when he really starts to worry me. However, Cabd didn't seem to get really stuck into the game, and that could have had something to do with the intensity of another game we were both playing that finally ended this week.

Peacebringer I'm leaning town.

Porochaz I don't feel like I really have a handle on. When I can get with mala, we'll discuss.

I don't get TSP's vote on Rank at all, which worries me. I was town reading her yesterday.

Of the votes we've picked up Kthx's looks the most opportunistic. d3x's vote looked perfunctory.

Maybe it's just me but I'm finding d3x even more difficult to understand than he was earlier.

p-edit That at least explains TSP's line of thought.
This, and most of tabby's posts, are pretty hedging, which is a bad sign.
In post 882, trebuchet tabby wrote:We're Christine Ha. X-Shot Bullet Proof Aescetic Town.
I just want to WTF at this claim, holy crap. But I'm done claim speculating in this game -- play alone or die trying.
In post 965, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 958, The Slovak Prince wrote:Venny hasn't been around, period. He says he's busy with stuff

he didn't give me much other than he didn't like some posts, he specified post 614

and he thought posts between Peace and Poro looked a bit like scum/scum.
In post 559, Porochaz wrote:And it was a case that you could have answered properly as well.
that part is what stood out to him

something along the lines of sub-conscious coaching I think. I still don't really understand it :/

in any case, I'm unsure if he thinks Poro is only scum if PB is scum

and I don't think that claim is likely a scum role because it really isn't provable, and (IMO) the purpose of fake-claiming is to buy yourself some time. That claim doesn't accomplish that at all.

I still maintain Kyu being town in the neighborhood if it's town/scum but I'm not really even sure there because Cabd has tricked me so many times it isn't even funny :/
It is kinda provable, but it defeats all purposes imo. I'm starting to think you didn't read my posts after the claim.
In post 964, PeaceBringer wrote:seriously, roles have kinda fit with claim... so for the blind cook who won master chef last year we have a role designated as someone who cannot be messed with for X # of nights. Seriously letting that claim stand? Here is the deal. Either TT is really just useless town (by way of play and role) or they are scum. I think they are scum. There is no reason not to finish them off, get the flip, re-evaluate. Gotta break some eggs.
Thanks for letting me know to avoid you in the future. You and Jake play very similar and very arrogant for the most part. Screw you for calling us useless because we are not useless for the least bit and we are not scum. I notice how everyone's banking on our lynch and are like "lynch them and then get the flip", but not looking at anyone else, but us.

Besides from a few players still hunting everyone else is fine with this day just ended and it's fucking annoying in the most part.
This post, though, comes off really town to me. Nevertheless, what you do in this situation is kill the person who is roleblocked (or someone has claimed to etc.), especially when you have a town read on said claimee. The chances that it was other shenanigans is not enough to take this person potentially to LyLo, as they will then NEVER be killed as town (and in this case, they are actually claiming bp as well).

Claiming intent to hammer when we feel ready as a town.
In post 1005, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm almost willing to say fuck it and lynch Armun. This lurking is totally not like her.

A prisoner's favorite punctuation mark is the period. It marks the end of his sentence
Obviously it's not fucking like me -- only when shit happens in my life do I lurk. It's SUPER apparent to ANYONE who has done any looking that it is site-wide, and nothing to do with this game in particular. I do apologize, but it's not LyLo and things are clearing up for me. Thank goodness this game does not appear to be a spamfest so now that I am caught up from my backlog, I don't anticipate trouble staying caught up and participating.

Other news:

Porochaz continues to be town, as well as Pyro.

Slovak Prince is very town today. Their attack on Rank was blundering and slow to build, which is NOT how scum would go after a proven day vig, imo.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 1005, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm almost willing to say fuck it and lynch Armun. This lurking is totally not like her.

Seriously?!
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:03 am

Yes seriously

There was a big paddle sale at the boat store. It was quite an oar deal.
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Amrun »

Still? Like, I lurked for a week or something, maybe two, while I had medical issues, and you supposedly blocked someone when there was no deaths, and you're entertaining lurker lynching me even after I caught up? That's not only super town but it makes me less confident in your claim because I think it's less likely someone with a legitimate claim I this situation cares about dumb shit like that. Then again, I do know you have a pet peeve of some kind about lurking.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Porochaz »

I agree, Im voting t.t. based on your claim. The fact that you would stray from what is from your point of view a very likely thing is really scummy. Especially over what is just a lurker vote.

unvote
for now. Im not sure what to do in regards to this.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:26 am

Look here, I have a certain expectation about how people should play, I'm not going to apologize for it and ill never change my opinion about it even when people criticize me for it. I'm sorry you have irl issues (ill assume you are telling the truth) But in that situation you should have replaced out. You arent an obv town read to me and denying me information by not posting makes it harder to read you.

I don't really care if that makes you believe my claim less because from my pov you aren't playing how a townie should. You say you are caught up but that catch up was incredibly underwhelming. It's fits with my accusation of you before your v/la in that you aren't playing like the amrun I'm used too. All I see is different amrun day 1, no amrun day 2, and underwhelming amrun in the catchup. That pings my scundar. Anyone who has you as obv town (yes that means you pyro) REALLY needs to explain it cause this is NOT town amrun based on my experience.

I feel so strongly about this I'm not putting a pun in my post.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:29 am

In post 1013, Porochaz wrote:I agree, Im voting t.t. based on your claim. The fact that you would stray from what is from your point of view a very likely thing is really scummy. Especially over what is just a lurker vote.

unvote
for now. Im not sure what to do in regards to this.
But I didn't stray. I'm annoyed as fuck cause she's lurking and expressed my frustration. Lurking is 100% scummy and anti-town.

Once you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall
Show
Things I've learned.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: tabby

I know jake is pretty anal about lurkers, and to be fair, I prod dodged like three times in a row, which is awful.

It's strange, but I think it's a player quirk.

P-edit:

You've played what, the entirety of 1 game with me? 2 that I can think of -- both you Replaced into day 1. The first game you were scumkilled night 1, the second I was. You have no conception of my "usual" play. :roll:

P-edit: you'll never see it this way, but you are behaving just as anti-town at the moment. Policy lynching for something so fucking stupid when you supposedly have caught scum that YOU caught is laughable. I understand the frustration with me, and it's warranted, but you're overboard. It's only relevant as to what makes sense in your play, though -- and IMO, it is probably just you being frustrated.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:42 am

I've played quite a few games with you over multiple accounts.

Im not concerned how people perceive me, I just do what a do and if people have problems with me that's their problem not mine.

The liquor store advertised, 'We De-Liver.'
Show
Things I've learned.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Pyrotechnics »

Jake - I get being frustrated. I really do, but amruns not the only lurker right now. And I can't really explain it now, but amrun could post nothing but "I like cheese" for the rest of the game, and she'd still be town.

It looks like games with kyubey will have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe then he'll come out and stop running away.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:50 am

Post by Amrun »

I didn't hammer btw I just put tabby back at L-1 after poro unvoted.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:56 am

In post 1018, Pyrotechnics wrote:Jake - I get being frustrated. I really do, but amruns not the only lurker right now. And I can't really explain it now, but amrun could post nothing but "I like cheese" for the rest of the game, and she'd still be town.

It looks like games with kyubey will have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe then he'll come out and stop running away.
Show me one example of pro-town play.

I'm Also getting annoyed with my post restriction.

There was a shootout in The Gap. There were many casual-tees
Show
Things I've learned.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Pyrotechnics »

In post 1018, Pyrotechnics wrote: And I can't really explain it now, but amrun could post nothing but "I like cheese" for the rest of the game, and she'd still be town.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 am

Post by Porochaz »

I am loathed to make this day last longer than it has to, but can anyone including Jake himself tell me whether he has fakeclaimed as town before?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1022, Porochaz wrote:I am loathed to make this day last longer than it has to, but can anyone including Jake himself tell me whether he has fakeclaimed as town before?
I cannot speak for Jake here, but if I recall, I have witnessed such else where, but not 100% on that. Just put me down as I think so.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:22 am

Post by Pyrotechnics »

In post 1022, Porochaz wrote:I am loathed to make this day last longer than it has to, but can anyone including Jake himself tell me whether he has fakeclaimed as town before?
I've never played with him before so don't know. I don't think he sounds like he's faking though, all of his posts today are consistent with his claim and belief. He just sounds frustrated with amrun.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”