mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 467, Broken Aquarium wrote:moz - why didn't you get your back up?
Beacuse some of what she said was true. I'm sorry, by your logic, should town always rant and rave when under attack?
It's called trying to have a rational debate with someone.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Post by mozamis »

Skelda, give me YOUR case on MD.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 442, JKLM wrote:No wait peace bringer has a point, if at one point that used to be a tell early on it still could be a more subtle tell today.

That's actually a good point and based on his join date he's been around enough to prob know what he's talking about there
I did not say he used it in past. I said it was used here. In fact a skim over his posts shows no other obsessive use of the word.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:43 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 471, mozamis wrote:
UNVOTE

Claim is ok, I guess. Jester is really reaching with his legalistic arguments. Guy was asked to claim, and he did. If he had just said "Rumblebiffin" it would not have been at all helpful. So to lynch the guy for actually being helpful seems wrong headed.
What exactly is unhelpful about providing a name when asked for a nameclaim?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:05 am

Post by mozamis »

If he had just said "Rumblebiifin", I for one -and almost certainly everyone else - would have said "Right, who the hell is that then?"
For the record I think you are town, but I just think you're over analyising and reaching here.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:30 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 479, mozamis wrote:If he had just said "Rumblebiifin", I for one -and almost certainly everyone else - would have said "Right, who the hell is that then?"
For the record I think you are town, but I just think you're over analyising and reaching here.
Ironically players still had to check Google because they had no fucking clue who Rumblebuffin was. Because, "I'm a Rumblebuffin giant!" isn't as helpful as you'd like to think it is. Maybe,
maybe
if he had provided more paraphrased flavor like, "I'm Rumblebuffin, the giant who broke the fuck out of the door to the witch's fortress," then I'd buy your story that he was actually trying to help us understand who his character is.

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:23 am

Post by mozamis »

I'm simply saying that he he wasked for a nameclaim and he gave it. The fact that he gave a bit more information seems a nonsense reason for lynching him.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:54 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 446, mnemonicdevice wrote:This game is getting interesting... I don't understand the whole reason why I was supposed to name claim initially but:
Alright, I am a Rumblebuffin giant.
Not sure who he is, haven't seen Narnia in quite a while.

Also, I like to say interesting. If you knew me in real life, I would say interesting a lot.

S
To those quibbling with the wording choice, note that MD states not knowing who 'he' is, implying that his character is a specific individual. I don't like that he had to have his claim pulled out over more than one post, but the confusing wording looks more like a town mistake than a scum slip to me.

--PA
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 481, mozamis wrote:I'm simply saying that he he wasked for a nameclaim and he gave it. The fact that he gave a bit more information seems a nonsense reason for lynching him.
Mafia is all about looking at actions and analyzing the varying motivations that might lead to them. As it stands, I can't fathom any town motivation for including information that would not naturally accompany a nameclaim.

This guy is scum. If you want me to look back and point out scummy things he's done then I'm positive I'll be able to find some, but it might look like confirmation bias since it's not the controlling reason I think he's scum.

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by projectmatt »

killerjester, I fail to understand your remote level of confidence given the lack of rationale that you have provided throughout this game. At the moment, I am not leaning on MD being scum and I want a counter-wagon (Hermy)
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Ugh.... I misread my pm. I haven't seen narnia in a while, so I thought that there was a group of people called "rumblebuffin giants" and that I was one of them. I am a vanilla townie though.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Still working on catching up here but I am not feeling the whole mnem thing here. Granted it is a fairly obscure character in the book. granted he muffed his claim, granted he just said he was VT when not at L-1 with intent to hammer on him, however it feels genuine. It feels like uggh I dont know the flavor and I dont want to get in trouble with quoting too much. I think scum would have been far more careful in their fake claim. Be more rehearsed with it.

I have replaced into games where I was not really familiar with the theme and flavor and just gone clueless on it. For example, in 90s Cartoon Mafia I was the one shot mass commuter as Ms Frizzle from the Magic School Bus. I muffed it because the role PM actually called her something slightly different, which I really did not pay much attention to, I was focused on what my role was and once I knew I was town, and what my pIower was, I pretty much did not pay much attention to the rest of the role PM. Had I been scum in that game, I would have paid a LOT more attention and knew what to claim properly as a fake claim.

Because I was at least familiar with The Magic School Bus, though many of the other characters I had no clue at all on, I was able to give town enough for them to realize I was not scum in that game.

I can imagine if someone was not familiar with the books and only watched the movie or the BBC miniseries, that they might be confused. Or have no experience at all with Narnia.

There are other giants, Some fought on the side of the White Witch, but were not named. In Book 4 The Silver Chair, a group of Giants is also mentioned who are in league with the Lady of the Green Kirtle who also was an evil witch.

But as far as I remember, that was the only named giant in the first book.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by killerjester »

In post 485, mnemonicdevice wrote:Ugh.... I misread my pm. I haven't seen narnia in a while, so I thought that there was a group of people called "rumblebuffin giants" and that I was one of them. I am a vanilla townie though.
No.

No no no no

Nono

No

No

No

There is no way you misread something like that. Flavor is nowhere near name.

Lynch it with fire. Please. Someone. Anyone. I'm not crazy I swear.

Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 485, mnemonicdevice wrote:Ugh.... I misread my pm. I haven't seen narnia in a while, so I thought that there was a group of people called "rumblebuffin giants" and that I was one of them. I am a vanilla townie though.
That is pretty bad.

If you flip scum, I think I might look to Rach, but Rach, how do you think that the evidence against MD involving his claim makes the other reasons for voting him illegitimate?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I am not saying anything about other reasons peeps are voting for him I am just saying based on the claim I dont buy into KJs adamant avowal that it is clearly a scum fake claim because see how he messed it up. My esperience has been scum are less likely to fumble than town. As in the example I posted.

Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 489, RachMarie wrote:I am not saying anything about other reasons peeps are voting for him I am just saying based on the claim I dont buy into KJs adamant avowal that it is clearly a scum fake claim because see how he messed it up. My esperience has been scum are less likely to fumble than town. As in the example I posted.
Yeah, I buy that. Guess that's fair. What do you make of the wagin on him in general?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by RachMarie »

need to look at those on it in more detail. I just did not want to leave you all in the lurch when that caught my eye while reading through.

Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 476, mozamis wrote:Skelda, give me YOUR case on MD.
Sorry, just noticed this again (I was in a rush when I first saw it and didn't have time to post, and then forgot). So, he had some bad logic involving my use of the word honestly even though he later claimed that him saying interesting wasn't a scumtell when there was no difference, and that is pretty hypocritical and scummy. He refused and continues to refuse to explain his BA read and how he originally came to the conclusion that BA was the Ice Queen. His read on me changed without explanation, or he forgot about it, even though I was busy with life and just not posting, which shouldn't make him any less suspicious of me if it was genuine suspicion. And then he had that whole Named Townie claim, which came out poorly, so yes. That is why I'm voting for him still.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 489, RachMarie wrote:I am not saying anything about other reasons peeps are voting for him I am just saying based on the claim I dont buy into KJs adamant avowal that it is clearly a scum fake claim because see how he messed it up. My esperience has been scum are less likely to fumble than town. As in the example I posted.
Sure, there is a chance he is not scum and as claimed. Here is the deal, he claimed town. However his behavior is sketchy and only way anyone knows for sure is to get the flip. Oh, and as to who fumbles what, that is all WIFOM. Fumbling can be faked, or even a genuine misunderstanding of something twisted for the circumstance. Not going to know until the flip.
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by Broken Aquarium »

In post 432, JKLM wrote:Nah he just says intersting all the time, it's his thing
are you sure about that?
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:25 pm

In post 441, Skelda wrote:How on earth is saying interesting a scumtell? I agree, I want MD to nameclaim and he deserves votes until he does, but is saying interesting really a great case against him? Does that seem like something scum would be more likely to say?
when he says it without really meaning anything... it's weird.
remember here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p5346524 (unvote for no reason)... what is interesting?
and http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5344378
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:28 pm

In post 444, Garmr wrote:Has anyone looked at MD past scum games to see if he actually used Interesting in them ............ guess that's going to fall on me
i remember linking to one game i played with him (he was town) and didn't use it.
this IS kinda funny in a sense... analyzing his word choices so closely. :p
(but still)
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:31 pm

In post 446, mnemonicdevice wrote:This game is getting
interesting.
.. I don't understand the whole reason why I was supposed to name claim initially but:
Alright, I am a Rumblebuffin giant.
Not sure who he is, haven't seen Narnia in quite a while.

Also, I like to say interesting. If you knew me in real life, I would say interesting a lot.

S
lol. now you are mocking, mneumonic :giggle:
yet still trying to push it off as if it's nothing!
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:35 pm

In post 460, JKLM wrote:Idk if it's big enough to convict him but he could have just picked one off he most obscure characters in the book to fakeclaim
ya but there's other stuff to 'convict' him
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:49 pm

In post 475, mozamis wrote:
In post 467, Broken Aquarium wrote:moz - why didn't you get your back up?
Beacuse some of what she said was true. I'm sorry, by your logic, should town always rant and rave when under attack?
It's called trying to have a rational debate with someone.
don't be silly. it's not that i think you have to rant or rave.
just saying that here: you state hermy as a willing to lynch candidate:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5368106

and then before that,
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p5357383

so... it looks like you have a fair amount of suspicion on Hermy
yet here:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p5368849

when she states that you are going for easy lynches, you just kinda give in?
when in the meantime, you are supposed to be suspicious of her?

so ya, it looks weird.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”