Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 652, Varsoon wrote:Grim's antagonistic, puts too much weight on certain pieces of evidence, is trying to become a dominant town-voice, and has already played the card of being opposed to but still capable of supporting policy lynches and low-info lynches.

All of that rings as scum for me.

AP, when you post several times in a row like that, it's cute.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Besides, I've spent the last hour justifying my read and vote on you, AP.

Don't try to put the pressure elsewhere, or direct this someplace else.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

You weren't even voting me until I commented on your JKLM stance and voted you over it.

Your reaction is not making my vote feel misplaced.

I'll talk about who and what I want to talk about.

All I've heard from you is that I misrepped you and I attempted to discredit you. Do you focus on anyone other than yourself?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 48, Varsoon wrote:
Vote : Angry Pigeon

I guess I can RVS for once.
In post 175, Varsoon wrote:@PASCHE: Because I still hold that AP is scum.

*crossarms*
In post 228, Varsoon wrote:
In post 226, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 225, Varsoon wrote:How do you feel about AP,
Ok, so Varsoon isn't reading the thread.
Don't you cut me off when I ask a direct question,
And don't you discredit me like that again.

VOTE: AngryPidgeon
In post 449, Varsoon wrote:Not sold on Beli being scum.

I'm with Splintered on AP = scum.

I'm also all for a Grim lynch, but no one's supporting that.

Guess I'll have to get in here and do some work soon.
In post 450, Varsoon wrote:For now?

Vote: AP

Yes.
I wasn't even voting for you until just now, and I haven't considered you as scum before this point.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 752, AngryPidgeon wrote:All I've heard from you is that I misrepped you and I attempted to discredit you. Do you focus on anyone other than yourself?
In fact, before this just recent bout- the only thing you said about your top scumread is that I discredited your question to Mollie. And you never followed up on that Q when they did respond, so I was correct in predicting that you weren't going anywhere with it.

And you have not provided any actual content towards determining lynches or clearing townies.
In post 606, Varsoon wrote:Everyone that's okay with a Varsoon lynch better explain why they are.

Because you guys are pretty damn scummy for all just saying "Yeah Varsoon would be a mighty fine lynch" without articulating why, or putting votes there.
So lets talk about this. I want to know why you think Grim is scummy, particularly over the fake-hammer.

You are pretty damn scummy for just saying "Yeah Grim/AP would be a mighty fine lynch" without articulating why.

--

Saying that I misrepped you is a cop out reason for this suspicion and I admit that I misinterpreted your post. You are still scummy for a myriad of reasons that you are actively refusing to address.

P-edit: .....................................................................

Obviously I meant that you were not voting me WHEN I VOTED YOU.
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by flying beauties »

it isn't omgus when you already had suspicion on the person in the first place.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Im not accusing him of omgus.
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Fear and Loading »

Just checking in to say that I currently want to vote Paschendale.
I haven't heard from Quilford, so I'm not going to vote until then.
I also want to hear from Especially the Lies.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 751, Varsoon wrote:Besides, I've spent the last hour justifying my read and vote on you, AP.

Don't try to put the pressure elsewhere, or direct this someplace else.
Hes spent no time justifying his vote on anything, certainly not me.

And his vote is only currently on me because I voted him which is undeniably true.

Pre-edit: Would lynch ETL
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 731, The Grim Reaper wrote:Varsoon I take it the 4 people in post 718 are your top scum reads... why was AP not there? Nice OMGUS BTW
Yeah, it was Grim that accused me of OMGUS.

Anyway,
I want to know why you think Grim is scummy, particularly over the fake-hammer.
676 ruins a chance at further reaction from JKLM.
693 adds nothing, but makes it look like Grim is doing something.

When reading, it seemed as though Guyett sincerely felt that it was a quick-hammer, or at least a vote that would enable one. When swapped to the Grim account, Grim argues that the vote wasn't a hammer and was never intended as one, which makes me read the vote as a vote to put someone at L-1. An unexplained vote that puts someone at L-1, done within 2 minutes of the previous vote, later masked as reaction fishing (but not from JKLM) and unvoted?
Feels scum to me.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop misrepping me, AP.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 624, Belisarius wrote:
In post 614, Lying Cat wrote:what
What I said. When was the last time you've seen scum caught based on "IIoA" or "Active lurking"

Oh that's right, never.

When was the last time you saw a player harassed using those buzzwords only to have them flip town?

Oh that's right, every other game.

Fuck IIoA and active-lurking-based pushes.
I find it curious that someone who claims to scumhunt using behavioral baseline deviation analysis wouldn't understand the principles behind the active lurking and IIoA tells.

Back before I was frozen in arctic ice on a mission to kill Nazis, people used to try to learn the theory behind stuff like that. In my return games and the recent games I've read, I've encountered eleven (11) active lurking scum and three (3) IIoA cases, all obvious and correct. In the first game I played this year, we lost because half the (lurking) town found it scummy that I wanted to lynch (lurking) scum. I understand that it might be trendy to attempt to keep the lynch success rate as close to random average as possible, but please lets pretend at least to be catching scum.

p-edit holy shit you guys just posted a page of stuff. Jingle is watching me go on a date tonight so he can learn how that works, but one of us will post later.
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by Buckwild »

In post 730, Varsoon wrote:
In post 728, Buckwild wrote:
In post 718, Varsoon wrote:Pretty much.

If there's not scum between Grim, FlyBeau, Beli, and JKLM, then the scum's already won.
Varsoon, you are confusing me with this post and a couple posts earlier where u say the JKLM hammer does not get us anywhere? If he is in your scum pule, why are you waiting?
PoE.
Basically, if the major people behind the JKLM and Beli pushes aren't scum (AP, FlyBeau, Grim), then logic leads me to believe one of JKLM or Beli is scum.

Still, I'm putting my bets on AP for now.
WTF? If the majority of ppl aren't scum and u are including AP in there, then you are putting your bets on one of the list you just mentioned as not scum?
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 760, sthar8 wrote:
In post 624, Belisarius wrote:
In post 614, Lying Cat wrote:what
What I said. When was the last time you've seen scum caught based on "IIoA" or "Active lurking"

Oh that's right, never.

When was the last time you saw a player harassed using those buzzwords only to have them flip town?

Oh that's right, every other game.

Fuck IIoA and active-lurking-based pushes.
I find it curious that someone who claims to scumhunt using behavioral baseline deviation analysis wouldn't understand the principles behind the active lurking and IIoA tells.

Back before I was frozen in arctic ice on a mission to kill Nazis, people used to try to learn the theory behind stuff like that. In my return games and the recent games I've read, I've encountered eleven (11) active lurking scum and three (3) IIoA cases, all obvious and correct. In the first game I played this year, we lost because half the (lurking) town found it scummy that I wanted to lynch (lurking) scum. I understand that it might be trendy to attempt to keep the lynch success rate as close to random average as possible, but please lets pretend at least to be catching scum.

p-edit holy shit you guys just posted a page of stuff. Jingle is watching me go on a date tonight so he can learn how that works, but one of us will post later.
Woo. First ever hydra slip. Feels like a Madonna song.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 761, Buckwild wrote:
In post 730, Varsoon wrote:
In post 728, Buckwild wrote:
In post 718, Varsoon wrote:Pretty much.

If there's not scum between Grim, FlyBeau, Beli, and JKLM, then the scum's already won.
Varsoon, you are confusing me with this post and a couple posts earlier where u say the JKLM hammer does not get us anywhere? If he is in your scum pule, why are you waiting?
PoE.
Basically, if the major people behind the JKLM and Beli pushes aren't scum (AP, FlyBeau, Grim), then logic leads me to believe one of JKLM or Beli is scum.

Still, I'm putting my bets on AP for now.
WTF? If the majority of ppl aren't scum and u are including AP in there, then you are putting your bets on one of the list you just mentioned as not scum?

Reading comprehension.

IF they aren't scum, THEN these others are more likely to be scum.
IF.

As in, THESE ARE MY TOP SCUM PICKS
BUT if THEY ARE NOT SCUM, THEN...

It's not that difficult.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Darthe »

Mentally I was supposed to vote JKLM long ago. Willing to hammer if we get to that point, so votes are prepped all the way I believe.

Varsoon is hard for me to get a read on. Some really odd posting style and not many points that are salient.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by The Grim Reaper »

In post 759, Varsoon wrote:
I want to know why you think Grim is scummy, particularly over the fake-hammer.
676 ruins a chance at further reaction from JKLM.
693 adds nothing, but makes it look like Grim is doing something.

When reading, it seemed as though Guyett sincerely felt that it was a quick-hammer, or at least a vote that would enable one. When swapped to the Grim account, Grim argues that the vote wasn't a hammer and was never intended as one, which makes me read the vote as a vote to put someone at L-1. An unexplained vote that puts someone at L-1, done within 2 minutes of the previous vote, later masked as reaction fishing (but not from JKLM) and unvoted?
Feels scum to me.

Actually it was an intentional fake hammer, we were going to do one earlier but Pasch had pointed out that it was still L-2 as I think it was Majiffy had just revoted JKML. I already knew AP was on the wagon even with his unvote: ETL messing and so I quickly fake hammered to get reactions.
I wasn't just fishing for JKML reactions (which looked off btw) but other people reactions. I want to discuss things with Grim first though.
I would also like to point out Varsoon that firstly Saki is known for fake hammering... do you always read him as scum for doing them?
Secondly this is not my first fake hammer.

How do you know that I sincerely thought it was a quickhammer? Read my posts after again.

661 is the fake hammer
663 is me apologizing for hydra slipping (again)
673 is me trying to see if people still believe it was a fake hammer
676 was saying it wasn't a quickhammer (because I already stated intent and JKML had claimed so I could have actually hammered and it wouldn't have been a quickhammer. Also if it wasn't a hammer it certainly wasn't a quickhammer.
677 is unvoting incase someone actually does come in and quickhammer
680 is me showing disbelief that people still think it was a hammer. I had to say it wasn't without saying it as JKML hadn't posted yet

~G
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 pm

@Mod: votecount, please.

My problem at the moment is that I don't have any strong reads one way or the other. I suspect this is a function of lots of unhelpful banter amongst players, very little consensus generally, and a Day which feels like it's been dragging on too long. As it is, though, my reads fall on a continuum from most to least scummy, and there is not much distance between different players.

Varsoon, Belisarius, and AP (in no particular order) are up there at 'most scummy', but I really don't mind who dies today, so long as it isn't us. A flip will be fantastic.

-- Quil
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:15 pm

In post 688, JKLM wrote:If and when I do die an flip town, I Gueantee scum will try to discredit the revealed connections by saying that I was obv coming off as scum
The problem is that you were, and we've got your stupid plan to thank for that if you do flip town.

I think you should be lynched. If you would have wanted to be the least bit helpful, at least you would have provided reads. It's standard procedure for soon-to-be-lynched town. But you didn't. You're just playing the "I was too scummy to be scum"-card and I don't buy it.

I liked the fakehammer-idea, I had discussed it with my other head before, when he mentioned before we were at L-1 after Majiffy's vote, but we were at L-2, something Paschendale helpfully (?) pointed out.
But letting the cat out of the bag before JKLM had a chance to respond made this exercise completely useless. The reactions we got out of it have not been helpful in any way.

I'm done with pushing on Paschendale. If you don't see it now, I don't know how on earth you'll ever see it. I'll just try to take pleasure out of saying "I told you so" post-game.

Varsoon is town. His push on The Grim Reaper slot screams it. Scum has no interest in pushing a slot that nobody was pushing before. Scum has no interest in pushing a slot that's proven to be hyperactive. Pushing active players like us is setting yourself up for a whirlpool of wall-wars and the like, the exact thing I think scum would want to avoid.

And yes, a votecount would be swell.

GG
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 pm

In post 685, JKLM wrote:So In case I was quick hammered sorry guys but I'm exactly what I said to be
So please lynch Beli tomorrow

LOL

This came right after Guyett already proclaimed it wasn't a quickhammer.

It seems like we got a reaction out of it after all. This post SCREAMS fake.

Why would JKLM not have noticed it was fake in 685, but then realize it in ?

How can anyone in their right mind consider this a JKLM-town reaction?

GG
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 pm

In post 767, The Grim Reaper wrote:Varsoon is town. His push on The Grim Reaper slot screams it. Scum has no interest in pushing a slot that nobody was pushing before. Scum has no interest in pushing a slot that's proven to be hyperactive. Pushing active players like us is setting yourself up for a whirlpool of wall-wars and the like, the exact thing I think scum would want to avoid.
Wrong.

Scum have a lot of interest in pushing a slot that won't go anywhere but wall-wars because it makes them look like they're doing something, it makes them engage a lot more actively, it provides the opportunity to fake some emotional reactions for easy town cred, and it makes mistaken people like you make mistaken statements like the above. Never scumhunt by trying to guess what scum are and aren't willing to do. Rather, scumhunt by looking at what players have done.

Moreover his push on you was based on a weak one line of reasoning which presumed Lying Cat also being scum. Then, when nobody was convinced, he posted 'I'm also all for a Grim lynch, but no one's supporting that.' and switched votes.

-- Quil
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I agree JKLM's posts recently have sounded fake. I'm willing to vote him. I'll see what Zdenek thinks.

-- Quil
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:16 am

Sorry, but I can't just let this go:
In post 707, Paschendale wrote:Well, these last few pages were definitely interesting.

Grim's losing that townread from me. The fake hammer and then quick unvote do not sit well. Especially the unvote.
JKLM's gambit almost sounds weird enough to be true. If there were a decent counterwagon, I might even think of switching.
At this point, we should just lynch JKLM.
We probably know everything we're going to know without a flip. Everyone has put their flavor into the game and made their arguments. Except for the new girl, and perhaps we should wait for her to weigh in, but I think we just need a lynch, and
JKLM stands a decent chance of being scum
I won't even comment. Just look at the bolded parts versus the underlined parts.

Us losing that townread: boo-fucking-hoo. The only thing I see you do is hop on a wagon if ever one would form on us, but I wouldn't count on it if I were you.

Varsoon, I see merit in your point about Grim, but it's still day 1. That will likely be important later if they keep doing
it
What is this mystical "it" you are referring to? What are we doing? Are you referring to us trying to become a dominant town voice? Or us being
antagonistic
, whatever that's supposed to mean? Or is it the continually bringing you to everyone's attention?
And most importantly:
Why is it only important later and not now?

GG
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:28 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 762, Lying Cat wrote: I find it curious that someone who claims to scumhunt using behavioral baseline deviation analysis wouldn't understand the principles behind the active lurking and IIoA tells.
I understand how they work. I'm sure they were very useful scumtactics back in the Punic Wars, but
today
, in 2013, they're just sound and fury, signifying nothing.
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:52 am

In post 772, Belisarius wrote:
In post 762, Lying Cat wrote: I find it curious that someone who claims to scumhunt using behavioral baseline deviation analysis wouldn't understand the principles behind the active lurking and IIoA tells.
I understand how they work. I'm sure they were very useful scumtactics back in the Punic Wars, but
today
, in 2013, they're just sound and fury, signifying nothing.
you know I find your reaction to this weird, since when we played scum I actively lurked and in nearly every large game that scum have won the scum teams did, indeed, actively lurk.

so your incorrect and quil has a point.
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:02 am

thank you darthe for quickhammering.

reads:

town

lying cats
fear and loading

unsure leaning town

varsoon - I like his exchanges with ap but arc is sus of him.
darthe
grim - posts come from a town POV but arc is sus of them.

unsure

etl
beli
jklm

leaning scum

ap
majiffy
bucky
pasch

I think that is every1.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”