Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:36 am

Post by DeasVail »

Wayne, I can think of ways in which the mafia's kill could be blocked from going through. And, as I said, if we control the mafia's kill, then awesome!

Wake, can you please answer the question in my previous post?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Titus »

@Majiffy, I'd like to know post game what possibilities I was ignoring. Obviously, if my logic is faulty, I want to know. I explained the reasons why I think if you're town and you used your ability, Wake must be scum. Of course, that supposed Wake was lying about you not using your ability. Given the fact you didn't use you ability, my theory is admittedly much weaker.

VOTE: unvote
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

I can give you a patently obvious possibility right now; I didn't go anywhere

>Majiffy doesn't go anywhere
>Wake tracks Majiffy
>Wake says Majiffy didn't go anywhere
>No one is lying, both can very readily be town

So, there's that.

Wake might be scum for other reasons, though.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 am

Post by Titus »

I was expecting that with your claim, you'd use it very quickly rather than sitting around. Perhaps my expectations fueled what I expected.

Wake may be scum for other reasons, but I think it's best if I chill and reevaluate as if one of my premises was wrong, it opens up the possibility of some of my other premises being wrong.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Wake1 »

Regarding pieguyn the apparent Serial Killer, there are some reasons why that slot should not be allowed to stay in play. In general... it's not good Townplay to allow this dangerous anti-Town slot to exist. Its very win condition is the death of all Town and Scum... not just one or the other. In theory, the Serial Killer could be "leashed," hopefully controlled... but there is the risk that things will degenerate out of control. ...why would the supposed Serial Killer go out of its way to help Town? Why wouldn't it fight tooth and nail to stay latent, hidden under the depths of lies and distraction? For some reason, it just emerged after being pressed, and has now decided to be controlled in an effort to help the very players its meant to kill. ...I have seen my fair share of clever gambits. Would you agree that it is truly impossible for one Mafiaso to play a part in a ruse? A ruse in which it pretends to be outed Serial Killer? It would not be too difficult to be Scum playing that outed role... to then be "controlled" by some members of Town... while in secret it knowingly picks off first those it knows aren't Mafia. It may very well be that there are two Scum factions, and that the Mafia faction was blocked or protected against in some way. ...but, please consider something. It could be that there is only one Scum (Mafia) faction, that no SK exists, and that one apparent kill Day 1 falls right into place with that theory. Also, if someone did actually block a Mafia NK, the person who has done so is silent... and if a Jailkeeper or Town Roleblocker negated the kill and has some general idea who it is, that person has said nothing. It may be that one of two Scum factions were blocked... or it may not.

What is particularly bothersome is some of the posts that I've read from some presumed Townies regarding the deaths of Dr. Doolittle and ArcAngel9. DeasVail said "He (pieguyn) probably killed AA, so he's not the big bad meanie that people thought he was going to be." That doesn't sound right, because AA9 was a VT, and every single VT matters in this game regardless of personal opinion. Also, Kanye said this: "also im glad aa is dead." To be honest, I'm wondering... "what the hell?" Why is this mentality manifesting itself? By protecting the Serial Killer, we've already paid with the slots of two Vanilla Townies. ...is it worth another one or two VTs? ...maybe a Power Role? ...what if the two Townies that died had Power Roles? If I can remember, when players die in this game, it is not made known whether or not they had abilities. By keeping the supposed Serial Killer alive, we run the risk of taking out even more Townies, and we might not even know that they had abilities. This... strategy... to keep the SK chained in hopes of striking Scum has already cost us two slots, and with each additional Town slot lost Scum gains a greater foothold on the path to victory.

It may be true that there is only one large, 4-player Mafia faction. Or, it could be multiball. It could even be 4 Mafia and one SK. At this point in time it's simply beyond knowing. Even if there are two Scum factions, leashing the SK increases the death rate, which lowers the amount of Days we have to use, and each Day is compromised of at least two real-life weeks just waiting to be used up. Yes, I have been very frustrated with some of Town because of this course of action some of them have taken. The more Town lives this gambit costs us, the more embittered, angry, and outright pissed-off the other Townies are going to get. I only hope we can get off this path before it is too late.

As for this developing issue regarding my roleclaim, ability, and the efforts of some to warp the truth with tacky questions, there are some things that you all deserve to hear. I am a Town Tracker, but restricted in that I can only use my ability once every other Night. I pilot the LaGOWE, and my character, iirc, is Andrew Waltfeld(?). I chose to target Majiffy because I felt that he was Scum behaving very much as an eager and earnest Townie would be. My result is that he did nothing. The reason that I reported it the Day after is that, having hinted that I had a Power Role, the chances of me surviving Day 2, Night 2, Day 3, Night 3, up until Day 4 were... sub-optimal. It then came to my attention that Majiffy had mentioned prior to my revelation that he was a one-shot Watcher. It makes one wonder that, if he had this ability, why would he wait? Well, it could be that he was waiting, and as Majiffy said it's a large game. It's a moderately palatable excuse, but I can't help but still be a little curious... or downright skeptical.

...if it turns out that, yet again, only one person dies Night 2 and it is a Townie... it's really going to bother me.

...please guys, let's cut our losses and put the Serial Killer down once and for all.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:46 am

Post by talah »

VOTE: Wake88

Wall of bullshit. Massive scumtell.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Wake1 »

:facepalm:
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 2505, talah wrote:VOTE: Wake88

Wall of bullshit. Massive scumtell.
...or, you could read my post, and point out exactly what is and isn't bullshit.

If you take issue with it, refute it, please.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Titus »

Nothing Wake says sounds like bullshit. I'm more itchy with him, and perhaps I jumped the gun a bit, because Wake never sounds like he's spouting bullshit. He'll sound like he's off his rocker, but never sound like he's bullshitting and that's why he is dangerous. The closest he's come was the whole thing about scum not having fake claims, when Pie had already fake claimed and admitted as much.

We do have a fair amount of information to analyze from Day 1. Who really pushed the DrD train? What was that train in response to? If you're in favor of leashing the SK, then looking to see who really pushed DrD as scum is a logical place to look.

Given that AA9 was a town death, I'd also look to see who pushed that train and what that train stopped us from doing.

If we cannot get a confirmed scum by then, we should probably take out the confirmed scum. Yet, the dynamic between Wake/Majiffy leaves me uneasy to say the least.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 2 - Vote Count #5

kanyeknowsbest (0)
-
Belisarius (0)
-
waynegg (0)
-
pieguyn (5)
- Wake88, waynegg, Svenskt Stål, Empking, Majiffy
AGar (0)
-
PeregrineV (0)
-
leviathan93 (0)
-
Svenskt Stål (0)
-
Empking (1)
- DeasVail
Majiffy (2)
- kanyeknowsbest, pieguyn
Pyrotechnics (0)
-
Sakura Hana (0)
-
NachoKoopa (0)
-
DeasVail (0)
-
Wake88 (2)
- AGar, talah
talah (0)
-
Natirasha (0)
-
Titus (0)
-
No lynch (0)
-
Not voting (8)
- Belisarius, PeregrineV, leviathan93, Pyrotechnics, Sakura Hana, NachoKoopa, Natirasha, Titus

18 votes available
10 votes needed to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-11-16 01:57:51)

V/LA: Sakura Hana (10/28)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by talah »

I think the opposite - what makes him dangerous is that he never sounds trustworthy even when he's town.

Anyway it's possibly a personality thing and anyway I'm thinking about site-flaking because I actually have almost no time to play properly anymore.

Since we're not seeing abilities flip I think Majiffy's probably actually town - but it depends on the kind of fakeclaims Kdub is offering. My ability is flavourized as Flight Rotor Shrike and from what I can tell there are only two options, and Majiffy's got the other.

Therefore - fuckit.

VOTE: pieguyn
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Titus »

What are you talking about? There are only two options?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 2485, Titus wrote:In what scenario is Majiffy not confscum to you?
The scenario where he chose to not use his one time ability N1 when it would be a shot in the dark.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Titus »

Let's move on. I'm not sure I believe it. However, that is possible so I'm not voting Wake for now.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 2448, Titus wrote: Why is Pie's kill most likely factional scum?
In post 2391, pieguyn wrote:I shot AA9

the complete lack of other kills makes me think it's not multiball tho.
Other than the obvious of one kill through the Night phase, there's always the admission by way of slip that it isn't multiball, ergo no serial killer.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 2500, DeasVail wrote:Wayne, I can think of ways in which the mafia's kill could be blocked from going through. And, as I said, if we control the
mafia's
kill, then awesome!
That scum slip, which re-confirms Pie is factional scum as well. Nice two for one!
Like LEGO minifigs?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

instead of offering a huge argument as to why Majiffy is scum I'll make my point short and sweet ~
In post 932, pieguyn wrote:
In post 917, Majiffy wrote:Playstyle, not alignment.
here you say my quote walls and responding to everything are playstyle
using spam-wall scum techniques,
now it's alignment? no
not to mention you've been doing the same thing
he accused me of using "spam-wall scum techniques", when he's provably done the same thing himself.

the contradiction indicates that he's just making up reasons to throw blame on me, and not genuinely forming arguments

Wake is also a great wagon

talah pls don't lynch me after our good times on D1 ;w;

waynegg I'm legitimately SK so there's no possibility of me making a slip. since you can't understand this, I'm going to assume you're scum. your attempt as scum to scumhunt for the other team is also noticed
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by waynegg »

And no vote. Nice.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by waynegg »

Let's let your flip decide if you're factional scum or not. Your word doesn't mean shit.
Like LEGO minifigs?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Titus »

I will look at that again after dinner. I don't see the slips though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2511, Titus wrote:What are you talking about? There are only two options?
On the M-1 Astray, in the Wiki, there are only two packs mentioned. I hadn't said anything about mine when Majiffy claimed the other.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2518, waynegg wrote:Let's let your flip decide if you're factional scum or not. Your word doesn't mean shit.
obviously it means something that I killed exactly who everyone wanted me to

wow I guess I really did find all the scum already
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by waynegg »

Because you're blind?

Pieguy

SK + scum = multiball

Pie says it's obviously not multiball, hence just team scum. Therefor, the SK claim is rubbish

Levi

While trying to argue that Pie should be left alive, he screws up saying "we control the
MAFIA
kill". Being scum, he slipped. He knows Pie is scum, and screwed up and forgot to say "we control the
SK's
kill. Inb4 Levi stays 'derp, SK is scum too' because he's distanced one from the other in every post before this concerning the SK.

So, if Pie flips factional scum, Levi is incriminated as well.
Like LEGO minifigs?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by pieguyn »

SK + scum isn't multiball what the fuck are you talking about. multiball is 2 or more scumteams. thus, 1 scumteam with a SK is not multiball

wow are you serious right now
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 2521, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2518, waynegg wrote:Let's let your flip decide if you're factional scum or not. Your word doesn't mean shit.
obviously it means something that I killed exactly who everyone wanted me to as factional scum and then claimed I did it as SK because there's no way anyone could prove me wrong.

wow I guess I really did find all the scum already
FTFY
Like LEGO minifigs?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”