[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:35 am

Post by Smudger »

VOTE: theslimer3
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:58 am

Post by theslimer3 »

now youre leaning!
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:13 am

Post by Atlasblade »

Cats are cool k?

On a more serious note, what do you think of Splashmaster and Aphix theslimer?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Peabody »

Smudger wrote:
In post 62, Peabody wrote:Smudger's method of posting irks me the wrong way, but I'm not sure if it's playstyle or not

I get this a lot, but so I fully understand what irks you, please explain?
I don't know. It's probably not alignment-indicative. It's just how you word your posts.

Smudger, do you post
as
you read or after you read?
Smudger wrote:so for now my two main suspects are SplashMaster and aphix, if they are both scum they are playing terribly if they are town then they need to up their game drastically.
Do you think they are scum together?

@Aphix, thanks for putting the spoiler down, but can you please be sure to break even that post down in lines. It hurts my brain if it's a block of text.

@Scot - I see you have Aphix, atlas and Ravens as a scum read, but are atlas and Ravens scum reads just because they are lurking?
Splashmaster wrote:The scum team composition theory has no base whatsoever (I haven't really read many newbie games.) To me it seems logical. If both the scum were really bad newbies, or really pro players, the game would be over very, very quickly.
All roles are completely randomized. Two experienced players or two newbie players can be picked.

@Slime - What are your thoughts on the Aphix/Smudger quarrel and Splash's backtracking?

----------------------
The Aphix and Smudger confrontation is an exhausting read. The mutual scum reading looks ill-founded. Aphix reads Smudger as scum for posting for the sake of posting (which I don't think he's doing). Smudger reads Aphix as scum for not answering questions. I don't know... It looks like a town vs town interaction.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Peabody »

Nevermind the weird posting style or the out-of-place rvs vote. Smudger reads town to me. Mostly because of that Slim3r vote.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Ugh... This is what I get for hosting a birthday party overnight, then going to another party to celebrate Halloween.

I don't like trolls so my instincts are telling me to vote Slimer. But I'll do that after I finish reading the ones I said I'm going to take a closer look at.

Peabody. I said what you just said about role randomization in my last post, probably didn't need repeating but oh well.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by scotpgot »

In post 103, Peabody wrote: @Scot - I see you have Aphix, atlas and Ravens as a scum read, but are atlas and Ravens scum reads just because they are lurking?
Except that's not what I said...
In post 79, scotpgot wrote: SplashMaster: Scum-read (or maybe I'm just saying that to confirm my random vote? Nah, that doesn't sound like me). In 51 he mentions backing off the Peabody case, which is exactly how I'd imagine scum reacting to lack of support (see: Naio). Also, he mentions "stirring up the hornet's nest", which I understand as "getting things going". But the visual isn't quite right. HIS(?) visual seems to emote confusion and not knowing what to do except running around scared. Not the way I would've expressed that. Finally his dividing us of newbs vs. vets seems counter-productive. Far as I'm concerned, it's town vs. mafia 'til the bitter end.

Aphix: Scum-read. Argumentative (contrast with "aggressive"). Brought up personal attacks, which seems to me to be a distraction. Although, there are certainly things I agree with in what he says. A policy lynch not necessarily being helpful when there are actual suspicions around. Also, I don't think "asking questions" IS a requirement, as long as content/evidence is being created.

atlasblade: Other than not posting any more recent than two days ago (which I don't like), I can't get a read in four posts.

Ravenspaw: Had to go back and look - it's "Ravenpaw".
No read on atlas and RavenPaw. My scum reads are (currently) SplashMaster and aphix. By the way, I've seen nothing to change my mind on that over the weekend...
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 103, Peabody wrote:Smudger, do you post as you read or after you read?
depends how much time I have, bit of both really?

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 103, Peabody wrote:Do you think they are scum together?

Waiting for a reply to my last question to aphix and any follow up he wants to post

theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:43 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 102, Atlasblade wrote:On a more serious note, what do you think of Splashmaster and Aphix theslimer?
To be honest, the whole thing, going on about
how the game should be played
should be dropped entirely. This is a newbie game which makes this grounds for ideals to clash. Arguing about it between Aphix and Smudger just seems pointless. Different people have different ways of playing and different experiences. And either one of them even think for a second that opinion is a scumtell, it would kill this game.

alignment indicatives don't come from what you say any more than from your actions.
As far as Splash goes I'm liking so far. The format of posts to me show a clear train of though to what he/she is thinking. As far as I see, every post has all they are thinking layed out without any holding back. Can't see scum being so open.
In post 103, Peabody wrote: @Slime - What are your thoughts on the Aphix/Smudger quarrel and Splash's backtracking?
See the above.
Furthermore, what's yours?
In post 105, The Acting Method wrote:I don't like trolls so my instincts are telling me to vote Slimer. But I'll do that after I finish reading the ones I said I'm going to take a closer look at.
Simply because I'm not %100 serious that makes me a troll?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:37 am

In post 109, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 105, The Acting Method wrote:I don't like trolls so my instincts are telling me to vote Slimer. But I'll do that after I finish reading the ones I said I'm going to take a closer look at.
Let's take a look at your ISO, Shall we?
In post 89, theslimer3 wrote:Hai o.o/
No comment needed.
In post 90, theslimer3 wrote:A quick rqs response:
TAM wrote: Okay a few General Housekeeping questions I like to ask:1. What time zone are you in?2. How often do you expect to be on and posting?3. How many games have you played in?4. What is your opinion on Lynch all Lurkers/Liars?5. What side do you prefer playing as?
1. -25 Orbiting earth
2. I'll be on 24/7 posting.
3. This is my first game played.
4. Liars are good. lets keep them. LYNCH ALL LURKERS .
5. Scum. i love being able to tell the truth 100% of the time.
6. Im pretty weird.
1, 2, 3 are completely trolly and defeating the purpose of the questions. 4 and 5 are semi decent.
In post 95, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 44, The Acting Method wrote:
I've seen town lie before, and there are benefits to town lying on very very very rare occasions. (As in, not going to happen in a n00b mafia.) But my point was that you didn't answer that when I asked the question and focused on Lurkers.
Town lies all the time. They have to or they'll be NKed. Know where I'm going with this?
Troll. That or purposeful misguiding. Or you can explain the reasoning behind this completely scummy statement.
In post 50, aphix wrote:Smudger jumping right into an rvs vote is strange.
RVS isn't strange to jump into. It's natural and tradition here.
Somewhat trolly. Somewhat factual. Very little use to game at large.
In post 58, aphix wrote: I agree with Peabody that him getting discussion going in this case isn't indicative of an alignment. I still dislike the aggressiveness.
Every game you'll ever play will have someone being over agressive. Get over such quarrels.
See my response to your response to post 50. This one's a little better though.
In post 63, aphix wrote:@peabody: as I stated. Literally how they post. If you haven't noticed there is a differece in tone. Word usage. Soemtimes spelling grammatical errors when someone is calm versus stressful. It gives a feeling to their posts.
If you weren't a new player I'd call bullshit on this.
And this again seems either trolly or unhelpful to game at large.

In post 82, Peabody wrote:Sorry, prod dodge. I'll be posting content this weekend.
WEEKEND ENDS IN(expired on 2013-10-28 00:00:00)
Troll.
In post 94, Smudger wrote:you just are, you are not doing much IMO.
No one is. This game isn't quite progressing.
[/quote]
Yes, and you're doing nothing to help. In fact I would say about 50% of the players in this game in the whole are, Smudger is one of them. Peabody is too. So far in comparison to the others you've done nothing.

In post 96, theslimer3 wrote:I shall properly introduce myself since my companion Ravenpaw has failed to do so.

I am Slimer. I prefer... Well I don't know, I prefer things.
I'm an odd one and I do things in very unorthodox methods. (surprisingly it's a scum tell in all my games, especially as town)
I'm an SE, so if you need help understanding the game or the site, I'm your guy.

Mostly this site revolves activity and your interactions with others as a determine of scum.
So technically you're all scum since you're all bickering and you're all practically lurking about. (sarcasm)
But don't fret, new players means new site meta. Hopefully you can take what you've learned this game and carry it on to teach the site that just because you're busy doesn't mean you're mafia.

Aggressive player.. No, though I am extremely sarcastic and ironic. No need to look out for that, you've probably already seen it in me from my previous post.

As the game progresses I strongly encourage you to not use outside methods to determine scum and respect the bounderies of V/LA players. Also to not abuse such rights. Lurking purposely is very anti-town.

If you have absolutely nothing to say, I suggest you either find something to say to someone, or post a picture of a cat. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
This is usually the kind of thing an SE should post first, and to me "Unconventional Methods" equals "Troll playstyle" Though pretty much this is your best post for me at this post.
In post 98, theslimer3 wrote:is that it? A rhetorical question and nothing else?
In post 101, theslimer3 wrote:now youre leaning!
98 is decentish, 101 is bleh.
In post 109, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 102, Atlasblade wrote:On a more serious note, what do you think of Splashmaster and Aphix theslimer?
To be honest, the whole thing, going on about
how the game should be played
should be dropped entirely. This is a newbie game which makes this grounds for ideals to clash. Arguing about it between Aphix and Smudger just seems pointless. Different people have different ways of playing and different experiences. And either one of them even think for a second that opinion is a scumtell, it would kill this game.

alignment indicatives don't come from what you say any more than from your actions.
As far as Splash goes I'm liking so far. The format of posts to me show a clear train of though to what he/she is thinking. As far as I see, every post has all they are thinking layed out without any holding back. Can't see scum being so open.
In post 103, Peabody wrote: @Slime - What are your thoughts on the Aphix/Smudger quarrel and Splash's backtracking?
See the above.
Furthermore, what's yours?
This is your best post so far. Why couldn't all of yours been this good? To answer your question, based off of your first few posts, with no meta data, Yes, you would be considered a troll. If your future posts are majorly like the last one. (109), I think that will lean me more town towards you.

Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Naio »

In post 90, theslimer3 wrote: 3. This is my first game played.
In post 96, theslimer3 wrote: I'm an odd one and I do things in very unorthodox methods. (surprisingly it's a scum tell in all my games, especially as town)
it IS my first game but wtf?

VOTE: theslimer3
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:42 am

Post by theslimer3 »

@AIM: The majority of what you're saying is "scum" is just subtile jokes and poking fun of things.
This game is about FUN. Not mind numbing stressful picking through players while keeping a strong and keen eye on all that oppose my train of thought. And I'd rather show the newer members that as well.

My only goal is to win by consolidating with my team members (and finding them) and lynching the players who are not on my allignment. And in the process I will enjoy myself. Not be a stiff knowitall who has only a goal of completeness. Forget you if you call it trolling.
I call it "PLAYING".
the acting Method wrote:Yes, and you're doing nothing to help. In fact I would say about 50% of the players in this game in the whole are, Smudger is one of them. Peabody is too. So far in comparison to the others you've done nothing.
... You're right. They certainly have. Does that have anything to do with them being here for 4 more pages than me? Because I'm just curious if that makes any difference whatsoever...

@Naio: I'm not sure if you've just voted me because of my joking response to TAM's RVS or because you're a new player. Elaborate please.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Naio »

In post 112, theslimer3 wrote:
@Naio: I'm not sure if you've just voted me because of my joking response to TAM's RVS or because you're a new player. Elaborate please.
If it was a joke, it was a crappy joke. Flat-out lying isn't that funny really?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:30 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 113, Naio wrote:
If it was a joke, it was a crappy joke. Flat-out lying isn't that funny really?
oh my gosh... Youre right...
i knew i should have told the one about the rabbi walking in a bar.

Id probably be funnier if i wasnt in a satellite orbiting earth. Woe is me.

So now that we've cleared up that you're voting me for having bad jokes, Is this a "serious vote", or are you just placing it here because it's warm?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 am

Post by aphix »

@smudger: I don't honestly have a care why your post is on me enough to guess about it.

Slim3r is going to be a pain. But which is it slim3r your first game or not your first game?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Peabody »

Slimer, to answer your question:
Peabody wrote:The Aphix and Smudger confrontation is an exhausting read. The mutual scum reading looks ill-founded. Aphix reads Smudger as scum for posting for the sake of posting (which I don't think he's doing). Smudger reads Aphix as scum for not answering questions. I don't know... It looks like a town vs town interaction.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Peabody »

The Acting Method: Your iso post on Slimer... Was there a game-related reason you posted it other than him asking how he was trollish? Is he bringing up any scum vibes? If not, why did you feel the need to make such a long post on that?

Smudger: The reason I asked you if you post as you read is to determine if your RVS vote was placed before you read the thread. Was it?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

Slimer, any scum reads?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 115, aphix wrote:@smudger: I don't honestly have a care why your post is on me enough to guess about it.

Slim3r is going to be a pain. But which is it slim3r your first game or not your first game?
I am an SE, a Semi-experienced player in this game, helping the IC and the newer players understand the game and MafiaScum slang terms. I said that around my 3rd 4th post.
If this were my first game, id have to pull quite a few strings to slip into this spot.
Also you can check my past games by clicking the name over my Avi and pressing "veiw their topics"

99/100 every thread you see as a game will belong to the player. You can also use this to deter what type of player he or she is by looking at the posts of that player in their games.

Sorry if the joke went a little too far.

@peabody: believe it or not, I have no real scumreads. The majority of posts to me don't look alignment insightful. Just opinionated.
And a strong sense of closed mindedness.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:54 pm

My only goal is to win by consolidating with my team members (and finding them) and lynching the players who are not on my allignment. And in the process I will enjoy myself. Not be a stiff knowitall who has only a goal of completeness. Forget you if you call it trolling.
I call it "PLAYING".
the acting Method wrote:Yes, and you're doing nothing to help. In fact I would say about 50% of the players in this game in the whole are, Smudger is one of them. Peabody is too. So far in comparison to the others you've done nothing.
... You're right. They certainly have. Does that have anything to do with them being here for 4 more pages than me? Because I'm just curious if that makes any difference whatsoever...
I felt like responding to both of these (In part because I think you adressed them to me...) : To the first part, If your "playing" doesn't get in the way of the game itself, I don't mind. Do I feel you could have entered in a playful way while still being semi serious? Yes. Do I consider your second post very trollsie? Yes. Is it humorous? Maybe. My only concern is that while this is a game and you are supposed to have fun, it's hard when a player makes actions that either conflict or hurt scumhunting. But I will say that based off of your current conduct and attitude, I'm going to lean town on you.
In post 117, Peabody wrote:The Acting Method: Your iso post on Slimer... Was there a game-related reason you posted it other than him asking how he was trollish? Is he bringing up any scum vibes? If not, why did you feel the need to make such a long post on that?
Not entirely. However, it did help me decide which way I lent on his behavior. I don't have to like it (I find it distracting from scumhunting.) but it's probably playstyle differences.

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 1.03 - Tuesday, October 29th @ 3:17 AM EST

scotpgot -
[L-5]

Atlasblade -
[L-4]
SplashMaster
aphix -
[L-5]

Naio -
[L-5]

SplashMaster -
[L-3]
scotpgot, Peabody
Peabody -
[L-5]

theslimer3 -
[L-2]
The Acting Method, Smudger, Naio
Smudger -
[L-4]
aphix
The Acting Method -
[L-5]

With
[9]
alive it takes
[5]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

Prodding AtlasBlade and SplashMaster.

Not Voting:
Atlasblade, theslimer3
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-11-04 04:02:00)
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 117, Peabody wrote:Smudger: The reason I asked you if you post as you read is to determine if your RVS vote was placed before you read the thread. Was it?
yes is that not obvious in my opening posts?

Its a mistake I make occasionally - open a new game and stick in an RVS post, then realise I had not checked I was at the bottom of the current thread page.

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 115, aphix wrote:@smudger: I don't honestly have a care why your post is on me enough to guess about it.
pardon? do you mean vote?

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 119, theslimer3 wrote:@peabody: believe it or not, I have no real scumreads. The majority of posts to me don't look alignment insightful. Just opinionated.
And a strong sense of closed mindedness.

and you of course are above that?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”