talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3925, leviathan93 wrote:
In post 3610, Sakura Hana wrote:Wake im still waiting for that scum motivation behind killing AA9.
because she was so obvious town. THAT"S who scum want to kill. not the ones who could possibly seem scummy.
lelelelelelelel

Uh, no. She was lurking the fuck out of this game, and was never obvious town to anyone unless you would like to demonstrate this with quotes. Are you buddying/creating an association with Wake?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 3950, talah wrote:
In post 3925, leviathan93 wrote:
In post 3610, Sakura Hana wrote:Wake im still waiting for that scum motivation behind killing AA9.
because she was so obvious town. THAT"S who scum want to kill. not the ones who could possibly seem scummy.
lelelelelelelel

Uh, no. She was lurking the fuck out of this game, and was never obvious town to anyone unless you would like to demonstrate this with quotes. Are you buddying/creating an association with Wake?
uhhh you're still wrong. it doesn't matter if people lurk. lurking is NOT a scum tell. as i've said it matters on people's word usage and repetitious gameplay to decipher their alignment.

AA9 was the complete epitome of town like she has been in all the other games I've played with her. done the exact same. which is why was NOT on that wagon, because it was obvious to people who can actually search correctly.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3951, leviathan93 wrote:uhhh you're still wrong. it doesn't matter if people lurk. lurking is NOT a scum tell. as i've said it matters on people's word usage and repetitious gameplay to decipher their alignment.

AA9 was the complete epitome of town like she has been in all the other games I've played with her. done the exact same. which is why was NOT on that wagon, because it was obvious to people who can actually search correctly.
I've had this argument before, representing that lurking isn't a scumtell. I was wrong.

Lurking can be a scumtell, especially if you're badscum and have a wagon on you. I've seen badscum facing pressure post just enough to avoid being prodded, usually with minimal argument and not expanding horizons.

Personality and experience makes a difference, sure.

But if you think AA9 was obvtown that's well and good but there are two things wrong with what you're saying anyway:
1) it's not whether *you* think AA9 was obvtown which counts, unless you're influencing scum
2) it's quite likely *town* would have lynched or vigged AA9 as things stood, and hey, look who copped a nightkill

So AA9's ISO should be pretty short, since you're saying she was obvtown it should be relatively easy to prove why. These vague meta notions rather than specifics aren't helpful when you're acting like either scum or lynchbait yourself.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 3941, Titus wrote:Ugh. I don't think anyone is reading this thread anymore but a few people.
im only skimming really
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 3940, Natirasha wrote:Why is Empking town, kanye?
his early d1 before the game went to shit came off as town to me. especially good were his reactions to the aa and kalimar/titus wagons/dayshot. his general posting style and rate is on par w. typical empking regardless of alignment.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 3952, talah wrote:
In post 3951, leviathan93 wrote:uhhh you're still wrong. it doesn't matter if people lurk. lurking is NOT a scum tell. as i've said it matters on people's word usage and repetitious gameplay to decipher their alignment.

I've had this argument before, representing that lurking isn't a scumtell. I was wrong.

Lurking can be a scumtell, especially if you're badscum and have a wagon on you. I've seen badscum facing pressure post just enough to avoid being prodded, usually with minimal argument and not expanding horizons.

Personality and experience makes a difference, sure.

But if you think AA9 was obvtown that's well and good but there are two things wrong with what you're saying anyway:
1) it's not whether *you* think AA9 was obvtown which counts, unless you're influencing scum
2) it's quite likely *town* would have lynched or vigged AA9 as things stood, and hey, look who copped a nightkill

So AA9's ISO should be pretty short, since you're saying she was obvtown it should be relatively easy to prove why. These vague meta notions rather than specifics aren't helpful when you're acting like either scum or lynchbait yourself.

The point is, lurking is STILL NOT a SCUM TELL!

Yes, its true that a person who is scum can lurk. and therefore if a person lurks and you want to lynch them, and you do and they turn out scum. you will be like "oh my god, he lurked. I caught him. therefore lurking is a scumtell!" that thinking is TOTALLY false!

the thing about this game is that nothing is TECHNICALLY a scum tell. because BOTH sides can do it. that's the fact of the matter.
Personality and experience are what I majorly go off in a game. You may find me scummy, go ahead. I could care less. I've lynched myself many times to prove a point.

yes, her ISO is short, but you don't necessarily need a lot to read someone accurately. Especially if you've been studying people most of your life. I don't care if my notions ain't helpful to you. I play the game how I want and how I know how to get results.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3955, leviathan93 wrote:The point is, lurking is STILL NOT a SCUM TELL!

Yes, its true that a person who is scum can lurk. and therefore if a person lurks and you want to lynch them, and you do and they turn out scum. you will be like "oh my god, he lurked. I caught him. therefore lurking is a scumtell!" that thinking is TOTALLY false!

the thing about this game is that nothing is TECHNICALLY a scum tell. because BOTH sides can do it. that's the fact of the matter.
Personality and experience are what I majorly go off in a game. You may find me scummy, go ahead. I could care less. I've lynched myself many times to prove a point.

yes, her ISO is short, but you don't necessarily need a lot to read someone accurately. Especially if you've been studying people most of your life. I don't care if my notions ain't helpful to you. I play the game how I want and how I know how to get results.
I'm not saying that lurking IS A SCUMTELL. I'm saying that it CAN BE A SCUMTELL DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

In AA9's case the salient point is that she was going to be lynched or vigged anyway because precisely nobody except you and maybe one other random thought she was town. She was posting elsewhere but not here and came in saying she'd never catch up. Why would scum bother to kill that when town would have done the job for them?

So *yay* obvious town for you, easy mislynch for scum, so a particularly ridiculous scum nightkill choice, ergo was killed by pie who honoured his directive from kayne which was met with no resistance, and presumably one of the claimed PRs was targeted for a scum nightkill and was met with doc or jailkeep or something.

I have no fucking idea what your point is about AA9 being 'obvious town' especially since you're answering a question directed at Wake, and especially since nobody else thought it was true.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 3954, kanyeknowsbest wrote:his early d1 before the game went to shit came off as town to me. especially good were his reactions to the aa and kalimar/titus wagons/dayshot. his general posting style and rate is on par w. typical empking regardless of alignment.
Who would you like us to swing the not-pie train to, then, if possible?

(Not saying I agree with your assessment although you might have some truth to the last part of the post)
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

dv pyro nach. id lynch dv and pryo in a heart beat, but im honestly not super confident on nacho, which is why ive only postured about lynching him as opposed to pushing hard for it or elaborating on why i think hes scum.

i dont like how the empking wagon materialized @ all but i cant tell if its because of scum influence or if its just a result of the frustration present in this game. similarly the kalimar and aa wagons were also real bad.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Can you spark notes me a quick case on the first two--I really like dv for town, and pyro's duality is interesting with the SK, but I am willing to be wrong here.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

dv was giving me bad vibes early d1 and has done nothing to remedy that feeling ive been having abt him since

pyro has done nothing but be party to bad wagons. especially from tammy, i expect her to be a lot more opinionated in the midst of all. my current theory is that scum are quietly profiting from both sides of the argument over this sk shit. this unfortunately means that several of the louder more vocal and aggressive voices are most certainly town. (yes im probably voting town right now)
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

nething more specific ill have 2 look at isos to try and remember
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3958, kanyeknowsbest wrote:similarly the kalimar and aa wagons were also real bad.
Sorry to interlope, but can you tell me the difference between an AA9 wagon (which is bad) and an AA9 vig (which you instructed pie to perform with "don't disappoint me").
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

uh yes. one of them involved a wagon that sprang up with plenty of time left in the day to pursue alternatives and the other was done under gunpoint of deadline to allow us to lynch someone else and get a nonpolicy wagon that could provide information while the policy against a active lurking player was relegated to a single night action.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by talah »

I don't understand what you just said.

Why were you for an AA vig but against an AA lynch. Is my question.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3960, kanyeknowsbest wrote:dv was giving me bad vibes early d1 and has done nothing to remedy that feeling ive been having abt him since

pyro has done nothing but be party to bad wagons. especially from tammy, i expect her to be a lot more opinionated in the midst of all. my current theory is that scum are quietly profiting from both sides of the argument over this sk shit. this unfortunately means that several of the louder more vocal and aggressive voices are most certainly town. (yes im probably voting town right now)
you haven't been that loud yourself

hmmm so many possibilities ~
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 3964, talah wrote:I don't understand what you just said.

Why were you for an AA vig but against an AA lynch. Is my question.
i just answered that question.

a policy wagon gives us zero information. a policy "vig"shot gives us zero information.
a nonpolicy wagon gives us information. a "vig;shot gives us zero to little information based on how it is decided.

with <24 hrs to deadline which combination do you think gives the most information ? please also consider that the only way for the nonpolicy wagon to be an option is if it is in conjunction with the policy vigshot.yiou will find your answer iomsure.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

also why didnt you bring this up when i was cklearly opposed to the aa lynch yet settling for the aa shot before it happened ? if your answer is "LOOMING DEADLINE" then u may even have answered your own question w.o. reading my previous post. congratulations.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by talah »

I'm not sure the DrD wagon didn't end up being a policy wagon anyway. I thought he was scummy because he was popping in and because of a couple of other minor things early on, but if you're talking information based on that then you're not doing much with it.

Similarly the vig (well okay sk kill) - if it was policy then why aren't you drumming up support for what you think is a viable counterwagon on pie, since he did exactly what you told him to do. A couple of casual comments about how you're scumreading Deas, Pyro and Nacho isn't going to do anything but relieve heat on Empking.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3967, kanyeknowsbest wrote:also why didnt you bring this up when i was cklearly opposed to the aa lynch yet settling for the aa shot before it happened ? if your answer is "LOOMING DEADLINE" then u may even have answered your own question w.o. reading my previous post. congratulations.
I didn't bring it up because I didn't disagree, and at the time you'd been rational enough to trust.
And whether the trust was well-placed or not it at least confirms pie as having followed what was at the time, town advice.

I'm not saying you were wrong, but when you come back in saying "the aa wagon was real bad", I sure as shit want to know what players on it you think are scum when you advocated the vig.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by talah »

Fair enough, I'll take that as "I don't want to answer because I realise that logically the next question is, 'who was scum on the Dolittle wagon' and they are practically the same set of players that were on the AA9 wagon"

And therefore there was no reason for you to say the AA wagon was bad but the vig was good, when the same sets of people moved from Kalimar, to AA9, to Dolittle - didn't they?

And the result of those shifts from your perspective is what, and why?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by talah »

vla spamming ftw

seriously I'm not reading back right now, that's kind of the point of taking this break, and it's frustrating having a principled notion that directing a nightkill advantages town, and also really really not wanting to read another 20 pages of Wake vs Titus in: Let's not lynch Empking because we have already found a profound scumread, and it's the claimed Serial Killer.

Please hammer Emp if he doesn't claim. I'm not investigating tonight. Most likely.

;-;
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:51 pm

Post by DeasVail »

SO MANY PAGES
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

Yeah, I can't really do this now. Tomorrow.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 am

Post by Pyrotechnics »

In post 3960, kanyeknowsbest wrote:dv was giving me bad vibes early d1 and has done nothing to remedy that feeling ive been having abt him since

Apparently you have no idea the lack of patience and trouble I have oping up with this much noise. I've given my opinions, beyond that I'm just not reading all the noise. I just don't have the time or patience for it.
A hydra of Syryana and Tammy!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”