[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Naio »

In post 149, theslimer3 wrote:Splashmaster hasn't posted in 5 days, can we get a giant stick on him? And Naio also has been MIA.
Not MIA just watching, i'm generally a more quiet player and try to give a smaller number of fulfilling/thoughtful posts, than a large number of spammy posts.

I am still happy with my vote on you for the moment. I can see it from the point of "town just trying to not get lynched" but i feel like you're trying really hard. And that there have been small, but noticable people throwing up a defense for you leads me to believe one of them might be scum as well.

That's my current read on you, but if you have other questions i'm happy to answer them
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 1.04 - Thursday, October 31st @ 8:15 AM EST

scotpgot -
[L-5]

Atlasblade -
[L-4]
pirate mollie
aphix -
[L-5]

Naio -
[L-5]

pirate mollie -
[L-2]
scotpgot, Peabody, AtlasBlade
Peabody -
[L-5]

theslimer3 -
[L-3]
Smudger, Naio
Smudger -
[L-4]
aphix
The Acting Method -
[L-5]

With
[9]
alive it takes
[5]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

SplashMaster has failed to respond to his prod and is replaced by pirate mollie, effective immediately.
Welcome her to the game! :)

Not Voting:
theslimer3, The Acting Method
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-11-04 04:02:00)
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

hi guys!

what's going on
whew!
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Hello Mollie.

Not much. I'm hoping you'll be able to let me figure out your slot. I just read through and I can't get a read on you.

Peabody is town, Slimer, Scotpgot and Smudger are most likely town too. Aphix is prob. Scum, and I'm going to look at Atlas next.

Here's my read through:
td;lr: Aphix is very scummy to me. Smudger I think is town, No clue on Splash/Mollie.

Post 17 (Splashmaster) Answer to 2 is intriguing, will have to look to see more.
Post 37 (Smudger) rubs me a bit odd.
Post 50 (Aphix) Uhhh.. no. Smudger is not doing what you discribe in my book. Memo to look at post 41.
Post 63: (Aphix) This seems a bit stretching to make a case on Smudger. See my response above to post 50. I don't see him dodging questions and unless you are saying that by not voting he's not taking a stance. Let me introduce you to my friend Ms. Marangal...
Post 69 (Smudger) I agree with this post.
Post 74 (Aphix) Bad. Bad. Bad. You're sentiments are inaccurate and now you are pushing things. By this point I'm sick of the You vs. Smudger and want it to stop.
Post 75 (Smudger) More reasonable (and I am seeing your perspective.) BUT BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP ALREADY!!! I've gotten to the point where I want to lynch both of you so that this game will be sensical.
Post 76 (Aphix) Uh yeah. I don't see any of your smudger case. Not only that. But I find Smudger, polite, kind and frankly exasperated with you. You haven't adressed Smudgers accusations and frankly by this point I'm about ready to vote you. Same with 77.
Post 78 (Smudger) Again I agree.
Post 83 (SplashMaster) Decent post, however that really doesn't put you in the best of light.
Post 84 (SplashMaster) This is a meh post to me, and I believe I addressed why earlier.
Post 115 (aphix) Seriously, I'm done with your attitude. This is how you've acted towards Smudger since before he responded to you.
Post 145 (aphix) Ummm... You have been reading my posts right? I did say I was going to be looking at you/Smudger/Splash closely.
Post 148 (Smudger) Yes please Aphix. In fact. Why don't you explain, in a long post just exactly how you aren't scum and yet Smudger is. In fact, Explain how you haven't been doing exactly what you are accusing him of doing.

Fun fact, He's actually done more on the pure basis you've spent this entire game tunneling. He's been responding to you, and trying to have other conversations as well.

Having read this 3 way Iso:
Splash I don't have a clear read on, Smudger feels town to me. And Aphix is either scum... Or needs some serious tone reading skills. As well as just general social skills.

I will look at Atlas next but right now...
VOTE: Aphix
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I don't get any of that.

am I supposed to sheep you?
whew!
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 150, Naio wrote:
In post 149, theslimer3 wrote:Splashmaster hasn't posted in 5 days, can we get a giant stick on him? And Naio also has been MIA.
Not MIA just watching, i'm generally a more quiet player and try to give a smaller number of fulfilling/thoughtful posts, than a large number of spammy posts.

I am still happy with my vote on you for the moment. I can see it from the point of "town just trying to not get lynched" but i feel like you're trying really hard. And that there have been small, but noticable people throwing up a defense for you leads me to believe one of them might be scum as well.

That's my current read on you, but if you have other questions i'm happy to answer them
Scumdar just went off. So you're telling me you're purposely just sitting back and watching the game go by?
You say you're the type of person to give fulfilling thoughts instead of spamming, but I only see 1 good post out of 10. Not to mention you said you'd at least be able to post 1-2 times a day, when you've certainly gone against that twice, posting occasionally on some days and none on others.

Not to mention, you're calling me defensive when I'm doing nothing more than throwing fingers spun at me back around.

So what do you say to this?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

OMG IT'S MY SCUMDAY!!!
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Oh and sorry for the spamz, but haya Mollie
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

happy scumday slimer! Image
whew!
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Awwwww thanks Image
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:34 am

Post by Peabody »

TAM: Was a possible rolefish the scummiest thing that has happened so far?

This is Slimer's first scumhunting post in the game.
Slim3r wrote:I you can understand why you wouldn't want to end the day early, but why wouldn't you want me to go back to L-1? What EXACTLY are you afraid of in the day being missed? Because basically that statement just said that you either confirmed me as scum, or you don't care what I flip. The latter seems more likely to me.
Regardless of alignment, any flip right now is going to rob us all of scumhunting tools that will develop. If I put you at L-1, rest assured, someone will hammer you.
That is terrible.
You took something small out of context and made a huge subtopic.
I said what I do is unorthodox. That has nothing to do with what I do or how you take it. The fact that you've taken it that way seems forged really.
Is it really that terrible? Your "my posting looks scummy" has been sticking in my mind ever since you said it. It has painted my view of you. If I saw it, chances are I'm not the only one to see it.
Who's more likely to be scum to you, me or splash?
You, Slim3r.

-----------------

This post looks fake. This appears Slim3r is trying to remind himself of who he thinks is scummy. By the way, Slim3r, is scot your only scum read then?
Naio wrote:And that there have been small, but noticable people throwing up a defense for you leads me to believe one of them might be scum as well.
Who do you think is defending slimer?

Hi Mollie.

Happy Scumday, Slimer.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:48 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Peabody wrote:Regardless of alignment, any flip right now is going to rob us all of scumhunting tools that will develop. If I put you at L-1, rest assured, someone will hammer you.
This is weak. And it also still reads you saying that you don't care what I flip. And what makes you so certain that me being at L-1 would cause my hammer?
peabody wrote:s it really that terrible? Your "my posting looks scummy" has been sticking in my mind ever since you said it. It has painted my view of you. If I saw it, chances are I'm not the only one to see it.
This looks like a "pick at something small and make a big deal about it" type thing. And town has no motivation to do such things, so that makes me believe you're not.
It seems all you're doing here is attempting to sway someone who doesn't want to put much thought into this game.

I can make you look like the bad guy too. So stop your terrible conjecture.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Peabody »

I've been a quick hammer before. Plus we're in a newbie game.

So I don't get it, slimer. Are you calling me scum?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:38 am

Post by pirate mollie »

hi peabody!

I think you might be wrong about slimer. he is usually lynchbait.

oh TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM......

where did you go tam
whew!
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by aphix »

I was replying to post #78. In a question you specifically asked me. I'll try not to respond to direct questions in the future? Sorry I didn't see you r vote change and I'm sure if I did and decided not to reply you'd call me on it later so still glad to answer your question.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by aphix »

Ebwop: above was in reference to 147. At lunch. Need to eat. Should get back on tonight to further respond.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 162, Peabody wrote:I've been a quick hammer before. Plus we're in a newbie game.

I'm still not liking how you're not neutralizing my statement of you not caring about my alignment.

And I'm simply using the same weak tactic you're using to attack you to show you just how pointless they really are.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by Smudger »

Prod dodge on a long weekend will be active Monday
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 166, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 162, Peabody wrote:I've been a quick hammer before. Plus we're in a newbie game.

I'm still not liking how you're not neutralizing my statement of you not caring about my alignment.

And I'm simply using the same weak tactic you're using to attack you to show you just how pointless they really are.
I care about your alignment. Which is why I'm pressing you.

So do you think I'm scum or not? You're not clear.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

"not clear" as in I don't know your position.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 163, pirate mollie wrote:hi peabody!

where did you go tam
Hi Mollie. Do you think Slim3r's posting style is the main reason I suspect him? If so, can you give me more information about his playstyle as scum and as town?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:28 am

Post by The Acting Method »

In post 154, pirate mollie wrote:I don't get any of that.

am I supposed to sheep you?
If you want to. I was following through on the fact that I had said I'd look at those three's interactions and give my thoughts. Though if you follow my thought process and want to sheep go on ahead. Or give me a reason why I'm wrong about Aphix.
In post 160, Peabody wrote:TAM: Was a possible rolefish the scummiest thing that has happened so far?
I'm not sure what you are saying here, could you be more specific? I just talked about why I find Aphix scummy in my post prior to this. Or are you talking about Slimer? I'll consider relooking him over but I don't think I'm seeing what you're seeing.

Slim3r wrote:I you can understand why you wouldn't want to end the day early, but why wouldn't you want me to go back to L-1? What EXACTLY are you afraid of in the day being missed? Because basically that statement just said that you either confirmed me as scum, or you don't care what I flip. The latter seems more likely to me.
Let's put it this way. A quick hammer deprives us of information we can use on later days. Putting at you risks a quick hammer and potentially a waste of a day two lynch. Because first instinct would be to lynch the quick hammerer. I see it rather town to actually be concerned about an early quick hammer.

where did you go tam
Started taking part in Nanowrimo yesterday. That and it was a busy day anyway.

Now that I've addressed everything I wanted to. I will be taking a look at Atlas and Slimer.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:11 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 168, Peabody wrote:
In post 166, theslimer3 wrote:

I care about your alignment. Which is why I'm pressing you.

So do you think I'm scum or not? You're not clear.
Im using the same weak arguments as you are to attack you, thats all. I was hoping youd pick up on how weak and unclear my train of thought was as i used it.

Though i have you neutral, regardless if you are town or not, please stop using such unclear and halftruth statements to makeyour arguments.

Also TAM, he meant Scots rolefish, which i still see as a scumslip
VOTE: scot
I think my vote is safe here for now. Though not exactly a strong scumread, its still my strongest thus far, scoring a 5.5 on a scale of 1-10
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:54 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Make it 7.5
5.5 is too neutral
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 170, Peabody wrote:

where did you go tam
Hi Mollie. Do you think Slim3r's posting style is the main reason I suspect him? If so, can you give me more information about his playstyle as scum and as town?
I think so, yeah. slimer is a player who's playstyle ranges from outright trolling to heavy lurker mode. I have sometimes read him as town and been correct. more dancing required.
whew!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”