Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

not using personal tells isn't me pulling the newb card, it's because I think I get a better idea of waht's going on by looking at how the game is playing out. so usually I prefer to avoid personal tells, although I still find some sometimes. unless I'm very familiar with how someone plays, I generally use them only in order to get a quick read on someone without formally sorting them. in this game, however, since I'm not that familiar with how anyone plays, I'm using them even less than usual.
In post 898, mastin2 wrote:This looks like a bus, I'll be honest. The bit about SSK looks like scum talking to scum, with them in the scum pile. IF I'm right, that'd make TNE town, though. IF I'm right, I think the buddy would be in the town range, and the candidates for that are BRO (likely) and Psychlone. But all of this relies on pie being scum, which quite frankly is just a random thought I had that I have zero backing for.
if I'm at least a semi-competent player, then why would I make the most obvious and transparent as fuck bus ever? especially when you've got a whole thread going "stop bussing" and gave some good reasons as to why bussing isn't necessarily a good thing, I don't see how you could place me as a semi-competent player yet think that's a bus. o.o
In post 898, mastin2 wrote:(Also. Every time I can think of me being town and someone noting my :P usage, I remember them being scum.)
so it's suspicious when I try to avoid personal tells, but when I mention this personal tell, it's also suspicious?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by waynegg »

ffery posts from Xenoblade for comparison to posts here
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28572

767 some snarky

789 some self meta

802 snark

926 "the devil made me do it"

979 "look I'm so town with
experiential
meta

1256 a masterwork that could be hung along side Van Goghs and Eschers

1262 to the tune of "Lean on Me", r.e. Nacho

1322 "I'm so stubborn"
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by waynegg »

Being locked, I couldn't just quote. Sorry.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

you can use the urls. Which is what I did for this reply:
In post 926, waynegg wrote:ffery posts from Xenoblade for comparison to posts here

767 some snarky
You call that snark?

This is snark.

So's this.
789 some self meta
That's not self meta. This is self meta.
802 snark
Once again, that's weaksauce as far as my snarkiness goes.
That's actually a pretty good example of something I wouldn't do the same way as town.
experiential
meta
Oh look, experiential meta.
Yeah that's wasn't bad as meta reads go, because it was true to svenskt's meta.
And yeah, unfortunately, since I cooperate with Nacho as town, I have to cooperate with him as scum. That entire meta dance (where I was WKing a player who turned out to be town, and who was later lynched because of all the false associations I'd built up) was inspired and required because of meta research that I did in the HunterXHunterX game (I was town). Nacho dropped an obscure hint about an old game as his reason for sheeping Vi's vote on another player, and I went looking for it. Here and here.
1322 "I'm so stubborn"
That's nothing. THIS is stubborn.

And this is the piece de resistance, one of the longest and most self-absorbed self-meta treatises I've written at MS.

Except for the hunterxhunterx links, this is all from one game, which was probably equally frustating to me compared to the xenoblade game. It's a fair example of how town frustration manifests vs scum frustration.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Pieguy:
I get where you're going with seeing them making similar plays to you, but the plays that those players made were not the plays you made, which I still hold are scummier. Your recent interactions haven't convinced me to pull my vote from you, and while SSK's claim is weak and doesn't feel genuine, I'm keeping my vote where I feel the strongest.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 929, Varsoon wrote:
@Pieguy:
I get where you're going with seeing them making similar plays to you, but the plays that those players made were not the plays you made, which I still hold are scummier. Your recent interactions haven't convinced me to pull my vote from you, and while SSK's claim is weak and doesn't feel genuine, I'm keeping my vote where I feel the strongest.
why do you say that my interactions "haven't convinced you" to unvote me? why do you think that's my intention?

I'm trying to figure out if you're town what the hell your thought process could possibly be because I don't understand it at all. essentially, I'm trying to confirm or deny my scumread on you, since I was starting to be unsure about it. nice scumpainting attempt.
In post 705, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 703, waynegg wrote:That's you're problem then, isn't it. And yes, noting and latching onto speech pattern inconsistencies and fatal scum flaws and pushing that read is no longer known as scum hunting. It's having
confirmation bias
... :roll:
Not entirely, but when you go ahead and paint every single fucking thing I say in a bad light and misrep the fuck out of me?

Yeah, that's conf bias if I've ever seen it.
if you disagree this is what wayne did, then I'd expect it to ping you one way or the other, because thez's accusation is the exact same thing what you accused me of doing. I'd expect it would at least set off some alarm if you didn't hold the same opinion of wayne, because he'd then be pushing this argument on a townie. but you didn't even notice this on the first go around? and if you disagree on wayne and this didn't ping you and you think both of them are town, then why haven't you shown any intention to reconsider your read on me? that would be an indication that shit like that can happen even against a townie, but you still seem completely convinced I'm scum for the exact reason he pointed out?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 928, morph the cat wrote:you can use the urls. Which is what I did for this reply:
In post 926, waynegg wrote:ffery posts from Xenoblade for comparison to posts here

767 some snarky
You call that snark?

This is snark.

So's this.
The Cricodile Dundee tell
789 some self meta
That's not self meta. This is self meta.

802 snark
Once again, that's weaksauce as far as my snarkiness goes.

That's actually a pretty good example of something I wouldn't do the same way as town.
Exactly...
experiential
meta
Oh look, experiential meta.
Yeah that's wasn't bad as meta reads go, because it was true to svenskt's meta.
And yeah, unfortunately, since I cooperate with Nacho as town, I have to cooperate with him as scum. That entire meta dance (where I was WKing a player who turned out to be town, and who was later lynched because of all the false associations I'd built up) was inspired and required because of meta research that I did in the HunterXHunterX game (I was town). Nacho dropped an obscure hint about an old game as his reason for sheeping Vi's vote on another player, and I went looking for it. Here and here.
1322 "I'm so stubborn"
That's nothing. THIS is stubborn.

And this is the piece de resistance, one of the longest and most self-absorbed self-meta treatises I've written at MS.

Except for the hunterxhunterx links, this is all from one game, which was probably equally frustating to me compared to the xenoblade game. It's a fair example of how town frustration manifests vs scum frustration.
Ure 2
calm!
:P
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:21 am

Post by morph the cat »

You're too complacent.

Should we actually play another game or two, maybe you'll have enough of a baseline.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:38 am

Post by waynegg »

<3 u 2!

I have what I need already, me thinks. Let the town judge my case :lol:
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:39 am

Post by morph the cat »

Indeed.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:42 am

Post by waynegg »

cabd or ffery? Looks like cab man!
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:52 am

Post by morph the cat »

I doubt Cabd is awake.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 936, morph the cat wrote:I doubt Cabd is awake.
Whisper into his ear, "Buy Varsoon Pizza..."
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:10 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.9

[5] MafiaSSK (zMuffinMan, BROseidon, Psychlone, thezmon221, Morph the Cat)
[2] BROseidon (thenewearth, mastin2)
[2] pieguyn (Varsoon, Mac)
[1] Morph the Cat (waynegg)
[1] thenewearth (pieguyn)

[2] Not Voting (MafiaSSK, Ghostly Penguin)

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-11-14 13:00:00)
beefycheese
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:51 am

Post by pieguyn »

you know what

shoot: MafiaSSK

I'm a 1-shot vigilante and I have to use my shot on D1 or else I lose it. this seems like the best option
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:52 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 921, morph the cat wrote:
In post 920, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 914, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 904, MafiaSSK wrote:Fair enough. I do suppose lynching a lurker is a totally useful and totally informative lynch.
Useful in that someone who's not even trying to play will not affect the rest of our gameplays in future times, and informative in that we have a wagon to analyze.

So I agree with you.
There are equally valid wagons to analyze where there's also content from that player to analyze as well. And votes from that player. My only vote so far has been my RVS vote, right? I give you less wagons to analyze of lower quality and when I'm gone the quality of the game won't increase by any significant margins because everyone will still be here.
Is this intentional play on your part?
Not for the most part.

PEDIT: MOTHERF. WELP. BAH.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

umad

I hope I didn't mess this up
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

You did. I'm town. But I also lurked, so in that sense you didn't mess up.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:58 am

Post by pieguyn »

no I'm pretty sure I just shot scum ~
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 am

Post by morph the cat »

SSK, got reads?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 am

Post by morph the cat »

I usually snort at daykill posts, but based on your softclaim, I'm inclined to believe that's a genuine kill.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 am

Post by morph the cat »

Also there's a 1 in 11 chance we're going to die too from that shot, so don't mind us, we're gonna post some reads and stuff in a hurry.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

Gonna quick throw my read changes in:

Mac - Town.
TNE - leaning town.
Slight niggle about Mastin for that claim demand given the caution in bork's post.
Kinda like GiF but he needs to step it up if he's town.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:05 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 849, morph the cat wrote:
Town

pieguyn - lol dayvig. Way he went about it is legit town thought process. No way there's a scumdayvig in a mini, anyways.
Mac - Ffery's read

Lean Town

Varsoon - I disgree with him on some stuff, but he's the towniest player in the list atm.
zMuffinMan - this is becoming a pattern. I'll like his entrance into games, get weirded out about some of his early posts and stances, and then work my way back toward a town read.
thenewearth - moved up from null
Psychlone - it worries me a lot that I don't have enough data to develop even a preliminary read. Much as I loved the hi guys case, it's worn off. I know Nacho's stolen laptop situation, but GiF get in here and talk. Step it the fuck up giffy.

Null

mastin2 - I think scum-mastin would actually work harder on mislynching me, because I don't think I get much more mislynchable than town-morph at this point in the morph-evolution. I like some of his reads, and like them some of them more than I originally did. Claim demand from SSK seemed weird.
waynegg - I don't know how Cabd feels but I've come back to what seems to be my usual take when I read waynegg's posts - intentionally chaotic and abrasive, reaction seeking, and ultimately not all that effective. Some sort of order usually emerges, and he does a fair job of interacting with his town reads later on. I'm watching for signs of that happening.
Ghostly Penguin - Not as much content mixed in with the invective as I'm used to seeing. IIRC we got off to a rocky start in the Diner game but eventually our reads and stances were pretty synchronous. Waiting to see if that happens here.

Leaning Scum

BROseidon - there's a huge reads/reactions disconnect here that I'm not used to seeing when we're both town. Xenogears being a counter-example. I feel like we occasionally come close to the same page on a player or post and then it falls apart again. I'm worried this means scum-BRO.
MafiaSSK - sorry, mastin. I still have somewhat but not entirely meta-based concerns here.
thezmon211 - the back and forth between him and waynegg has me leaning scum, mostly because his arguments have been as much about discrediting waynegg as about rebutting the substance. I know that a word choice based case isn't easy to refute. In fact BRO tried to spin such a case on me in xenogears, and my reaction was to laugh it off because fuck no I was town.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:05 am

Post by morph the cat »

^updated

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”