Newbie 1444 ~ Game Ovah ~ Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:Continuing to not clearly communicate anything. Alright.
You do realize people have even stated a pseudo meme about my
:neutral:
response, right? I'm just curious, could you link me to the games that show I do it as scum and not town? I would be fascinated to see you back up this claim.
In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:If Burn did shift over to hammer Sakura for deadline reasons, would this be scummy? Also, do you think Burn is scummy, period?
Depends how he did it, but in a total vacuum of knowing that I would say, yes, it would more likely be a scummy action than a townish action.
No, I clearly don't think he's scummy 'period' or I'd be voting him right now. I do think he's pretty darn scummy and have said repeatedly why, and would say I'm the guy who started and maintained the entire burn=scum case - so clearly I endorse the idea of him being scum pretty strongly compared to everyone else.
In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:I agree that Zipper deserves a closer look.
Can you describe why for reasons that aren't mine...or clarify that you're sheeping my thoughts?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:11 am

Post by Malakittens »

Cxinlee has replaced Micc.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:17 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 371, talah wrote:
In post 367, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Hi talah! :)

Plz, explain why burn is town.
Essentially, his iso. He doesn't seem uncomfortable or deceptive, just annoyed. The only way I've considered him as scum is if Thor decided to (implicitly threaten to) bus him for a terrible sheep of Sakura and then remain washy-washy not really pushing the burn lynch toward deadline - but I think it's unlikely.
Can't scum also be frustrated? I don't understand your second sentence on how that makes burn town. Your reasoning for calling burn town is bad.
In post 368, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Also, talah, Kytoxid is doing the similar thing, (voting Thor, etc) like Zipper, but you are townreading her?
Yes I'm townreading Kytoxid at this stage, first time player with some pretty analytical views (including the vote-rush onto Sakura from Micc and Gale) and answering my own questions and asking questions of Thor. Also I actually really like that she votes and accuses Thor, but then still questions Virtually everyone else.

Also, you should answer her question regarding "trust me on burn liking the Gale wagon". Unless you have night Zero information, it's not making sense. And you don't have Night Zero information.

What do you think about Zipper's statement that Sakura and I aren't on the same scumteam?
Well, be careful about the townread on Kytoxid. I have her in the null pile, because she can still do this as scum. Don't believe in the "Well, there's no way that she would do this as a first-time player scum"[/quote]

Also, I did answer Kytoixed question about burn liking the Gale wagon. I think you missed it. :(
Kytoxid wrote: @Eagle: Do you still see a burn-Gale scum team? Could you let us know of what you think of Thor's play as well?
Gale has been moved to the Scum-Null pile. He hasn't posted anything since I joined the game. He could be noobscum and be lurking, but the other reasoning was that Thor was indeed soft-pushing Sakura, like I said earlier, and so, I think it's Burn and Thor/Gale. Gale really needs to post soon, and I think he's due for a prod anyways.

Ky, what's your read on burn and why?
You can find my meta on my wiki.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

IGNORE THE ABOVE POST, I DERPED THE QUOTE TAGS

In post 367, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Hi talah! :)

Plz, explain why burn is town.
Essentially, his iso. He doesn't seem uncomfortable or deceptive, just annoyed. The only way I've considered him as scum is if Thor decided to (implicitly threaten to) bus him for a terrible sheep of Sakura and then remain washy-washy not really pushing the burn lynch toward deadline - but I think it's unlikely.
Can't scum also be frustrated? I don't understand your second sentence on how that makes burn town. Your reasoning for calling burn town is bad.
In post 368, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Also, talah, Kytoxid is doing the similar thing, (voting Thor, etc) like Zipper, but you are townreading her?
Yes I'm townreading Kytoxid at this stage, first time player with some pretty analytical views (including the vote-rush onto Sakura from Micc and Gale) and answering my own questions and asking questions of Thor. Also I actually really like that she votes and accuses Thor, but then still questions Virtually everyone else.

Also, you should answer her question regarding "trust me on burn liking the Gale wagon". Unless you have night Zero information, it's not making sense. And you don't have Night Zero information.

What do you think about Zipper's statement that Sakura and I aren't on the same scumteam?
Well, be careful about the townread on Kytoxid. I have her in the null pile, because she can still do this as scum. Don't believe in the "Well, there's no way that she would do this as a first-time player scum"

Also, I did answer Kytoixed question about burn liking the Gale wagon. I think you missed it. :(
Kytoxid wrote: @Eagle: Do you still see a burn-Gale scum team? Could you let us know of what you think of Thor's play as well?
Gale has been moved to the Scum-Null pile. He hasn't posted anything since I joined the game. He could be noobscum and be lurking, but the other reasoning was that Thor was indeed soft-pushing Sakura, like I said earlier, and so, I think it's Burn and Thor/Gale. Gale really needs to post soon, and I think he's due for a prod anyways.

Ky, what's your read on burn and why?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:03 am

Post by burn_209 »

I got some downtime so expect a wall of text with observations from yesterday and responses to the things that happened today. With my new job how I will be posting will mostly be WoT unless given time otherwise
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:09 am

Post by talah »

In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:
In post 366, talah wrote:Not to mention, out of the wxyz options I posted, there's only one which would make sense as an argument for Thor-scum, and even then, the inverse is just as likely if Thor's town (or actually far more likely when you consider the odds of Thor rolling scum are two in seven whereas the odds of him being a PR target of any type or a nightkill are substantially higher given his reputation).
I'm having trouble understanding this. I think your argument here is that Thor is likely a townie that was protected last night, since he would be an easy N1 target, is that correct? I don't think we have enough information to start thinking in this direction just yet, so I see this as null.
I was thinking Jailkeeper, but to expand (and I'm going to deal in hypotheticals here):
If I was scum I would want Thor out of the game, fast, especially if burn is scum, but also because he opens suspicion on pretty much everyone just before deadline. To talahScum, this would be a dangerous indicator that anybody could be the next focus of what overall, is looking like a pretty townish Thor.
If I was town, I would want Thor to remain in the game for as long as possible in order to leverage his insight and experience (and ballsy scumhunting). So talahTown as a protective PR would use it on Thor.

So the possibilities for the lack of a kill last night, if Thor is town and was targetted by scum are:
Thor was Jailkept
Thor was Docced
Thor is bulletproof

And the possibilities if he's scum:
Thor was Jailkept and submitted the kill

Frankly if Thor was dead this morning and flipped town, burn would likely be the foregone conclusion lynch for today.
And although I agree somewhat that it's at least good that we have Sakura's flip info, I can't see scum not taking the opportunity to hammer Sakura with the legitimate excuse that it's better to have a lynch Day 1 than not, unless both scum were already on Sakura's wagon. So a no-lynch in that case would be informative too - at least given that Sakura were to be lynched or night-killed within the next couple of days.

I really don't understand why Sakura didn't vote burn given she was Vanilla Town.

And I also find it strange that two people vote Thor out of the gates Day 2 when the only other votes he's had were from RVS and from Sakura who was probably looking to assign responsibility for her lynch at that time.

So do you actually think Thor's scum, or don't you?
In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:
In post 366, talah wrote:Haven't got much more than that right now - I kept trying to fit combinations of Micc, eagle and Zipper together and the best I came up with was that Micc jumped off Antagon at L-1 and onto Sakura, having voted Antagon in the first place saying he 'wanted him to come back'. Zipper shifts his vote over to Sakura after that with Antagon/Eagle at L-2 but neither really push Sakura (well Micc does which seems to be the cause of his voting Sakura, but it has only a brief and judgemental build-up), but it's kind of weird and I actually wish Sakura hadn't self-voted because the information we've got now is less than we might have had even with a no-lynch.
I'm really not seeing a clear point being made here. The thing that bugs me about Zipper in D1 is how he drops a vote on Sakura in post , speaks with Thor for about 3 hours, and then doesn't show up to discuss anything for the 2 remaining days. The same goes for Gale, who may need to be replaced, from the looks of it. I think even with the Sakura self-vote, we definitely have more information than a no-lynch though.
There wasn't really a clear point being made except that I think scum are in those three. I might be wrong about burn or Gale but most of the bad arguments have come from eagle, Zipper and Micc. Partway through a re-read.

Also, welcome Cxinlee!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

I would still love to see more votes on Zipper.
Frankly, all the votes on me should be on Zipper, because if you believe I am scum for a "soft push on Sakura" I would be fascinated to know why none of you are addressing what Zipper did with his vote there.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 am

Post by talah »

@eagle - I'm leaning town on burn. As opposed to leaning scum, and for just the reasons I already said. Scum can be frustrated, sure. But as I was reading along I thought his responses were reasonably in line with the responses I might have angled at (or at least the initial feelings I might have had being scumhunted on in that manner).

Yes I did read your response to Kytoxid regarding "Trust me", and I didn't like the response when I did spot it. If you could flesh that line of thinking out it may help me to not scum read you so badly.

Also I don't like that you are telling me to be suspicious of Kytoxid, and suspicious of Thor yourself in the same post, when these are the two players which I actually have more than town leans on.

If burn flips scum, what does it say to you about Thor's alignment?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 am

Post by burn_209 »

Also, you ignoring my question has been noted.
Honestly I missed it and didnt see it adressed to me. This isnt going to be the answer that you want but it is the honest one. Like I said I recently started a new job and was working the days that the sakura push was going. If you noticed I had only posted one post on the situation because i was working at the time. Now had I not been working I would have switched my vote to Sakura as it would have been the common sense thing to do at the time. But I worked a night shift and a morning shift the next day so I never got the chance. It might not be the answer that you want but it is the truth.

In post 349, Thor665 wrote:Heck;

@Burn - your read on Zipper and his play yesterday.

Do it or I'll just vote park you for lulz today, you know I will.
All get to this after work which is about 6:30 pst and you have my word on that. Im just runnin low on time to give a well thought out post. I will say that I have a neutral read on him. In my opinion he did both scum and town things yesterday. Now when I get home tonight Ill do a double check and give you a well thought out post on him I promise.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 am

Post by burn_209 »

I'll also give my thoughts on Thor's actions as well. Just give me 4 hours until I get off work lol
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:04 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 381, Thor665 wrote:I would still love to see more votes on Zipper.
Frankly, all the votes on me should be on Zipper, because if you believe I am scum for a "soft push on Sakura" I would be fascinated to know why none of you are addressing what Zipper did with his vote there.
What about burn?
In post 382, talah wrote:@eagle - I'm leaning town on burn. As opposed to leaning scum, and for just the reasons I already said. Scum can be frustrated, sure.
But as I was reading along I thought his responses were reasonably in line with the responses I might have angled a
t (or at least the initial feelings I might have had being scumhunted on in that manner).
So, burn is town for be frustrated like you would be frustrated yourself? You realize that not everyone plays town like you do, right? This logic doesn't work: "That guy reacted like I would have, so he must be town!"
In post 382, talah wrote: Yes I did read your response to Kytoxid regarding "Trust me", and I didn't like the response when I did spot it. If you could flesh that line of thinking out it may help me to not scum read you so badly.
Dissecting a wagon before it's even lynched isn't really going to work, but because there's no flip. And I didn't want to say that burn was bussing, as I was uncertain if that comment would derail the Gale wagon. I'm a man of caution.
In post 382, talah wrote: Also I don't like that you are telling me to be suspicious of Kytoxid, and suspicious of Thor yourself in the same post, when these are the two players which I actually have more than town leans on.
Well, too bad. Also, different reads =/= scum.
In post 382, talah wrote: If burn flips scum, what does it say to you about Thor's alignment?
Eh, I don't know. I think Thor could be scum if burn flips scum.

Talah, I think I found the problem in some of you reads. You are comparing players to yourself and you are basing reads based off your meta. You cannot call someone town because it's something that you would do when you're town. Mafia does not work in a text book way, and not everyone plays like your town/scum meta.

P-Edit: Ok, burn, please answer my question when you get done with work.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:45 am

Post by talah »

In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:So, burn is town for be frustrated like you would be frustrated yourself? You realize that not everyone plays town like you do, right? This logic doesn't work: "That guy reacted like I would have, so he must be town!"
No, I have burn as
leaning town
because I as town, think his reactions make a certain amount of sense given the specific questions he was being asked at the time, and his willingness to explain his reasoning.

Characterising my argument in such a black and white manner is quite misleading. And thanks for calling me town.
In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Dissecting a wagon before it's even lynched isn't really going to work, but because there's no flip. And I didn't want to say that burn was bussing, as I was uncertain if that comment would derail the Gale wagon. I'm a man of caution.
You don't need a flip to explain what your thinking was, and what you said at the time was.
>You said you were willing to lynch Gale
>You said you thought burn was bussing Gale, and therefore presumably would jump off the Gale wagon
>You wanted to wait until Day 2 to explain it, when that should have been an ah-ha moment as soon as it happened Day 1
>You are now saying you can't explain your reasoning because neither has flipped

Why would scum bus on Day 1 anyway when there are only two scum? I mean I can see a vote happening, or even a push depending on scum's proficiency, but actual bussing doesn't make sense, nor risking a partner's lynch, especially not coming from Gale or burn.
In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Eh, I don't know. I think Thor could be scum if burn flips scum.
And if burn flips town?
In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Talah, I think I found the problem in some of you reads. You are comparing players to yourself and you are basing reads based off your meta. You cannot call someone town because it's something that you would do when you're town. Mafia does not work in a text book way, and not everyone plays like your town/scum meta.
I think it's valid to take your own experience with Mafia and apply it to the ways others might think or feel about playing the game.

Are you defending Zipper as town, then?

Also can you answer this please:
In post 371, talah wrote:What do you think about Zipper's statement that Sakura and I aren't on the same scumteam?
I have a theory on why he said it.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 386, talah wrote:
In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:So, burn is town for be frustrated like you would be frustrated yourself? You realize that not everyone plays town like you do, right? This logic doesn't work: "That guy reacted like I would have, so he must be town!"
No, I have burn as
leaning town
because I as town, think his
reactions make a certain amount of sense given the specific questions he was being asked at the time, and his willingness to explain his reasoning.
Characterizing my argument in such a black and white manner is quite misleading.
Sorry, but this reasoning is horrible for calling burn town. Oh excuse me, leaning town. You are calling him leaning town because he was willing to answer questions and explain his reasoning, whereas, scum does this all the time. It's null, really. Oh, I sincerely apologize for putting your argument in black and white, so I can understand it better.
In post 386, talah wrote:And thanks for calling me town.
No problem! :D
In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Dissecting a wagon before it's even lynched isn't really going to work, but because there's no flip. And I didn't want to say that burn was bussing, as I was uncertain if that comment would derail the Gale wagon. I'm a man of caution.
You don't need a flip to explain what your thinking was, and what you said at the time was.
>You said you were willing to lynch Gale
>You said you thought burn was bussing Gale, and therefore presumably would jump off the Gale wagon
>You wanted to wait until Day 2 to explain it, when that should have been an ah-ha moment as soon as it happened Day 1
>You are now saying you can't explain your reasoning because neither has flipped
1. Yes, I did.
2. Yep
3. That would be after Gale would have been lynched.
4. I did explain my reasoning. I said I couldn't explain at the time, because there was no flip.
Why would scum bus on Day 1 anyway when there are only two scum? I mean I can see a vote happening, or even a push depending on scum's proficiency, but actual bussing doesn't make sense, nor risking a partner's lynch, especially not coming from Gale or burn.
Are you kidding? Day 1 is the perfect time for scum to bus. Imagine all that towncred after that scum flip at the end of the day.
talah wrote:
In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Eh, I don't know. I think Thor could be scum if burn flips scum.
And if burn flips town?
Depends on who was on the wagon and the nature of their votes.
talah wrote:
In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Talah, I think I found the problem in some of you reads. You are comparing players to yourself and you are basing reads based off your meta. You cannot call someone town because it's something that you would do when you're town. Mafia does not work in a text book way, and not everyone plays like your town/scum meta.
I think it's valid to take your own experience with Mafia and apply it to the ways others might think or feel about playing the game.
The problem though, is that someone's scum meta can be exactly like your town meta. Which ends up in you townreading scum.
talah wrote: Are you defending Zipper as town, then?
Zipper is null for me atm, I moved him back there, because I'm considering based off on my townread's reads.
talah wrote: Also can you answer this please:
In post 371, talah wrote:What do you think about Zipper's statement that Sakura and I aren't on the same scumteam?
I have a theory on why he said it.
What statement? Can you quote it for me please. And when you do, can you provide the theory? Thanks! :]
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by burn_209 »

I did answer your question bald....read it again lol
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by cxinlee »

Hello, I'm currently reading through the thread
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 385, 1baldeagle1 wrote:What about burn?
Well, as I literally stated in my first post of the day, I could still support a wagon on him, however my Zipper read is currently the stronger one that I'm more interested in exploring.
In post 383, burn_209 wrote:All get to this after work which is about 6:30 pst and you have my word on that. Im just runnin low on time to give a well thought out post. I will say that I have a neutral read on him. In my opinion he did both scum and town things yesterday. Now when I get home tonight Ill do a double check and give you a well thought out post on him I promise.
By my accounting you've been off work for an hour and a half - any progress on this?
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

I just worked 10hrs had 3hrs sleep then worked another 14hrs... I've tried to keep up, but my brain is mush right now, and probably will remain that sway until Tuesday at the latests.....

Are there any outstanding questions I've missed? Plz ask away, and Ill try and respond ASAP....
Retired GM of Px2 - It's like a book club, but with bullets.

“If Passion drives, let Reason hold the Reins.” - Ben Franklin
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Malakittens »

2.02With 8 alive it's 5 votes to lynch

Voting for:

*Kytoxid -
*Gale -
*Cxinlee -
*Zipperflesh - Thor665, Talah [2]
*burn_209 - 1baldeagle1 [1]
*1baldeagle1 -
*talah -
*Thor665 - Zipperflesh, Kytoxid [2]

Not voting: burn_209, Cxinlee, Gale [3]

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2013-11-21 16:12:00)

Gale was prodded.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Kytoxid
Kytoxid
Townie
Kytoxid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Kytoxid »

@Cxinlee: Welcome. You've swapped into a somewhat scummy slot, so we're looking forward to your analysis.
In post 375, Thor665 wrote:
In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:Continuing to not clearly communicate anything. Alright.
You do realize people have even stated a pseudo meme about my
:neutral:
response, right? I'm just curious, could you link me to the games that show I do it as scum and not town? I would be fascinated to see you back up this claim.
@Thor: Regardless if people have stated a meme or not, I would prefer if you told us if you were thinking something. At best, it's not contributing any substantial to scum-hunting. At worst, it's posting to seem like you're in the discussion without actually being there.

As for examples, you did not make such posts in Newbie 1372 as endgamed townie, while you made several in 1399 as mafia. (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p5145413 is one such post from 1399.) I will admit it's not a strong scum tell, but the play is definitely not pro-town.
In post 375, Thor665 wrote:
In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:I agree that Zipper deserves a closer look.
Can you describe why for reasons that aren't mine...or clarify that you're sheeping my thoughts?
Half of it is for his D1 actions on the Sakura wagon, as you've stated. The other half is because he seems to be looking for an opportunistic lynch. I haven't seen him try to identify who the other townies are, and his responses to questions of that nature have been disappointingly lacking in detail.
In post 378, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Ky, what's your read on burn and why?
@Eagle: Null-scum. His lack of contribution to anything other than stating his RL situation so far today has been noted, so I eagerly await his catch-up post, especially since he promised content with his first post of the day and never delivered on that promise either. No real events have transpired since D1 to make him look any townier to me, and I was on his wagon at the end of D1, so...
In post 380, talah wrote:And I also find it strange that two people vote Thor out of the gates Day 2 when the only other votes he's had were from RVS and from Sakura who was probably looking to assign responsibility for her lynch at that time.

So do you actually think Thor's scum, or don't you?
@Talah: He hasn't moved to my town books yet. As I said near the end of day 1, since Thor is so hard to read, I want to gather more information about what he's thinking before I make any hasty judgments. The number of times he's been alive as scum at the end of a Newbie game was something that really struck me while reading his meta.

Looking back through my own ISO, he's dodged a couple of my questions as well. I guess I let him get away with not directly answering post , but more recently, he's also skipped this question:
In post 374, Kytoxid wrote:Your post is basically just repeating posts and , which people should understand individually. What did
you
find interesting about them?
In post 391, zipperflesh wrote:I just worked 10hrs had 3hrs sleep then worked another 14hrs... I've tried to keep up, but my brain is mush right now, and probably will remain that sway until Tuesday at the latests.....

Are there any outstanding questions I've missed? Plz ask away, and Ill try and respond ASAP....
@Zipper: You've missed this:
Kytoxid wrote:
In post 357, zipperflesh wrote:@kytoxid it shows that I was completely off base, and Im going to have to reevaluate multiple reads for day 2
I would prefer if you were more specific in your response, this is awfully general. I think you scum-read both me and Eagle before the Sakura flip (correct me if I'm wrong). What is your position now, and why?
Please also let us know who your current town reads are right now in general.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 393, Kytoxid wrote:@Thor: Regardless if people have stated a meme or not, I would prefer if you told us if you were thinking something. At best, it's not contributing any substantial to scum-hunting. At worst, it's posting to seem like you're in the discussion without actually being there.
Conversely, I submit posting :neutral: is making *exceedingly* clear what I think of the post.
I mean, seriously, do you look at that and say to yourself "I can't tell whether Thor likes or dislikes that post...it's so mysterious!"?
And, actually, that people have started a meme over it means I do it a lot...which really begs the question why you think it is a scumtell.
In post 393, Kytoxid wrote:As for examples, you did not make such posts in Newbie 1372 as endgamed townie, while you made several in 1399 as mafia. (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p5145413 is one such post from 1399.) I will admit it's not a strong scum tell, but the play is definitely not pro-town.
Well, first off, I also did the face as town in 1372 quite a bit;
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p4948638
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4949559
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5019545

And, even if your point is just 'Thor expressing displeasure without explaining the reasons - I did that in that game too;
Riiiiight I just didn't do it with a smilie.

Also, you now seem to be backing off of calling it a scumtell and are now retreating to calling it an anti-town tell. If that's all you're doing then I don't care, but please clarify which you're saying. Are you saying it's pro-town and that I do it meta wise as scum and not town? Or are you saying it's a generic anti-town thing to do.
Because your current post seems to be saying something different from when you first brought this up, and I'm rather not a fan of the shift.
In post 393, Kytoxid wrote:Half of it is for his D1 actions on the Sakura wagon, as you've stated. The other half is because he seems to be looking for an opportunistic lynch. I haven't seen him try to identify who the other townies are, and his responses to questions of that nature have been disappointingly lacking in detail.
So you think I'm not explaining things, but can admit you understand my case on my prime suspect and also that you agree with the presented logic.
This confuses me considering your current push - obviously I'm not going to take the time out of my day to explain EVERYTHING I think, so at that point all we're doing is debating how many of my thoughts I explain and why - if I'm explainign top scum reads...what more do you really need and why is it anti-town/scummy to not do it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Also, here's an interesting question.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p5339664

This is a post from Town Thor.
It is *exactly* the type of thing you claimed I did as scum and not town.
I found that post by going into my profile, clicking on 'My Topics' and finding literally the first game in the list listed as over.

How did you find your samples for this meta research you did? Because the two you did use are further down the list.
Cherry picking?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by burn_209 »

First off I know it is a little late but Christ people...

My read on Zipper is cluttered really. Like whenever he did something that I would classify as town he managed to do something that would fuck it up and come back as scum. In the beginning he was doing some active scum hunting by asking people questions and not blindly sheeping and following people like some other people did. Him doing that gives me the skeptical attitude that I would think a town payer would have. Even when he got on the Sakura and Antagon wagons it genuinely felt like he was doing it to get some information.

What makes me feel like he is scum is how he started the Sakura wagon as time was running out. I know he voted for her in the beginning to start the wagon get some info out of her but I thought it was weird that towards the end he went back to her. I mean I was the closest person to being lynched that day so if he wanted a lynch why didnt he vote me. I mean even myself I thought I was done for. I find it odd that if he wanted a lynch that he would pick someone that was the more difficult person to lynch

All in all I dont know what to make of him and Im going to give him a neutral read. I think he could be just as much one kind as he could be the other.

The person whom I am really thinking is Scum is Thor. He was soft pushing he Sakura lynch and he knows it. Zipper pointed it out very nicely yet he STILL denies it.
This is what I think happened in that situation.

Thor has been pretty much had his eyes focused on one person in the game so far and it is me. Since the second page the guy has looked no other place but me. In my opinion this isnt indicative of town play because as a town player you should be shifting your eyes everywhere that early in the game trying to take it all in. He on the other hand zoned in on one player and pushed pretty hard to get them killed. To me that is either bad town play or scum play. When you zone in on someone it seems goal driven and if it is goal driven it must be malicious. Now i think you guys are going to think that what I just said is a crock of shit because I was the subject of the "thor tunneling" but honestly if it were anyone else being tunneled I would have thought the same thing. Its kind of why I have my reservations about Bald and him not even asking questions but telling people to vote for me. Again I cant stress enough that if it were any other player I would still have the same thoughts and sentiments.

So with that being said when the tides started to shift away from me and towards Sakura he thought shit well this isnt what I wanted to happen. Now he began to soft push the Sakura lynch while keeping his vote on me because he wanted a lynch to happen but didnt want to switch his vote over to Sakura because he knew she would flip town and he knew it would look bad on him if he switched votes in the middle of a bandwagon which was already at full steam. Him not switching his vote was the safe way out because he could say that his vote never changed and that he wasnt responsible for the misslynch. Plus it didnt look like he was joining a bandwagon that was picking up steam. Now with that being said VOTE: THOR

its 11:30 and i need to be at work at 5. Im going to bed right now and will cover the rest of your questions later
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:21 am

Post by talah »

Interesting times we live in.

burn
, when you get back I'd like to see a list of your current reads in order of strength.

Just a list is great for now. If I have specific questions about it I'll ask.
---

Zipper
, you didn't answer this:
In post 263, talah wrote:
In post 106, zipperflesh wrote:Highly unlikely you and Sakura are scum mates, however, either of you could still be part of a different scum team.
Uh - yeah the other scum team is called "Town".
How do you figure our alignment is not the same based on me giving a shout-out in the confirmation stage to Sakura? Just interested.
Actually I remember letting this question pass the first time I read it thinking you were just out of practice or didn't read the setup, but I'm wondering what you think the setup is, if you think there could be more than one scum team.
When will you be caught up and do you still want to lynch burn?

Also I'm voting you if you didn't notice and actually I'm thinking you soft-pushed burn yourself, considering you could have switched your vote back to him and he would have been the lynch. You were full of all kinds of gusto about wanting to lynch him and being prepared to hammer him but ended up on Sakura's wagon.

A response to my would be peachy.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:56 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

burn_209 wrote:First off I know it is a little late but Christ people...

My read on Zipper is cluttered really. Like whenever he did something that I would classify as town he managed to do something that would fuck it up and come back as scum. In the beginning he was doing some active scum hunting by asking people questions and not blindly sheeping and following people like some other people did. Him doing that gives me the skeptical attitude that I would think a town payer would have. Even when he got on the Sakura and Antagon wagons it genuinely felt like he was doing it to get some information.

What makes me feel like he is scum is how he started the Sakura wagon as time was running out. I know he voted for her in the beginning to start the wagon get some info out of her but I thought it was weird that towards the end he went back to her. I mean I was the closest person to being lynched that day so if he wanted a lynch why didnt he vote me. I mean even myself I thought I was done for. I find it odd that if he wanted a lynch that he would pick someone that was the more difficult person to lynch

All in all I dont know what to make of him and Im going to give him a neutral read. I think he could be just as much one kind as he could be the other.

The person whom I am really thinking is Scum is Thor. He was soft pushing he Sakura lynch and he knows it. Zipper pointed it out very nicely yet he STILL denies it.
This is what I think happened in that situation.

Thor has been pretty much had his eyes focused on one person in the game so far and it is me. Since the second page the guy has looked no other place but me. In my opinion this isnt indicative of town play because as a town player you should be shifting your eyes everywhere that early in the game trying to take it all in. He on the other hand zoned in on one player and pushed pretty hard to get them killed. To me that is either bad town play or scum play. When you zone in on someone it seems goal driven and if it is goal driven it must be malicious. Now i think you guys are going to think that what I just said is a crock of shit because I was the subject of the "thor tunneling" but honestly if it were anyone else being tunneled I would have thought the same thing. Its kind of why I have my reservations about Bald and him not even asking questions but telling people to vote for me. Again I cant stress enough that if it were any other player I would still have the same thoughts and sentiments.

So with that being said when the tides started to shift away from me and towards Sakura he thought shit well this isnt what I wanted to happen. Now he began to soft push the Sakura lynch while keeping his vote on me because he wanted a lynch to happen but didnt want to switch his vote over to Sakura because he knew she would flip town and he knew it would look bad on him if he switched votes in the middle of a bandwagon which was already at full steam. Him not switching his vote was the safe way out because he could say that his vote never changed and that he wasnt responsible for the misslynch. Plus it didnt look like he was joining a bandwagon that was picking up steam. Now with that being said VOTE: THOR

its 11:30 and i need to be at work at 5. Im going to bed right now and will cover the rest of your questions later
Nice post. Townpoints for you.

Thor, that self-meta in attempt to clear yourself is scummy. :(
VOTE: Thor
THAT'S L-1
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 398, 1baldeagle1 wrote:Thor, that self-meta in attempt to clear yourself is scummy
Um...you do realize that she attacked me on a meta ground and I told her the meta was gakked and so was her logic?

If she attacks me on meta grounds how am I supposed to call her wrong *without* referencing meta?

Justify this rather silly stance please.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”