Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1171, morph the cat wrote:That was nacho.
I know, which is why I made a message specifically to him that only he would (or, SHOULD) get.
In post 1174, Psychlone wrote:
In post 1170, mastin2 wrote:IF you are town, Nacho, this vote is bad and you should feel bad. (BUT NOTE THAT THIS IS A BIG FREAKIN HUGE WHOPPING "IF"!) Or, put another way...
If Nacho, </3.
If GiF...fuck off.
I've seen this reaction already.
(1) Technically, the order of the wording's been altered, so you haven't seen this exact reaction before. :P (2) But as stated above, that's quite intentional on my part. (3) However, you're quoting the parts that're similar. You're ignoring the important bits which're different.
In post 1175, morph the cat wrote:I must admit it felt like a pretty shitty OMGUS from over here.
If it were some random player, I'd have no reason at all to call the vote on me suspicious. But when it's NACHO voting me? (Or, for that matter, Ghostlin not having me as a townread?) HELL YES. Voting me and having it be serious is a scumtell. A town-Nacho right now knows DAMN well and good that I'm town, here. A town-Ghostlin SHOULD know that I'm town, here, too. I fully realize the OMGUSy appearance of that. But I'm telling you that, yes. Them (AND ONLY SPECIFICALLY THEM) scumreading me IS a quite-justifiable reason to scumread THEM. Because I am not scum. Not in a million years is this my scumplay. If this were my scumgame, it'd be scummy-worthy scumgame, with me playing at 200% my normal maximum. And them, specifically them, not realizing it is setting off a TON of red flags.

It's one thing to be paranoid of me. That's natural. That's all fine and dandy. It's quite another to not analyze that paranoia and ultimately conclude it's just that. Thus, the reaction. It's either terrible, or it's scum. Either way, it's not a typical town-Nacho.
In post 1179, Mac wrote:have you done this yet? I'm assuming you have since you are mastin after all.
Yup, just these last couple of pages, in fact. It's not concrete yet, but my conclusion has been one scum on and two scum off (with the scum off having weird/absent interactions with SSK). I'm currently reassessing that, on account of Nacho, so stand by for further updates.

Mac's either sheeping me hardcore or is town. :P (Seriously, read 1179 and compare it to my posting as of recently.)

/more in a bit.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1200, mastin2 wrote:It's one thing to be paranoid of me. That's natural. That's all fine and dandy. It's quite another to not analyze that paranoia and ultimately conclude it's just that.
To elaborate on this a bit...I'd be the first to admit there are elements of my scumplay in my play this game. And that there are elements in my play that--while not my scumplay--could be perceived as being such. Thus, why being paranoid of me isn't unreasonable, and is to actually be expected.

The problem lies in how they're not assessing that and realizing it's just paranoia. Because while there are elements of my scumplay present, OVERWHELMINGLY, this is my town game. Full-blown town-me. Granted! It's not a town-me firing at all cylinders. (I'm trying, but I think I'm stuck at only about 80%.) But it is my town self. I know my town self well-enough to fake aspects of it, thus why there are elements of my scumplay being present. (One element of my scumplay being...that I know my townplay and point out my similarities to it. :P) But I've always had an aspect of my townplay missing in my scumplay. I've always had some critical factor missing, simply because my scumplay--being scumplay--is not my townplay. While I might be able to convincingly fake a fair share of it, getting most of the deal, I can never make a picture-perfect 100% replication of my townplay.

And, bluntly. If I were scum this game, I WOULD have. I'd have succeeded in creating that town play. I'd have exceeded any of my previous scum games, with this being a crowning achievement, a pivotal point in my career. I'd love for that to happen. But as you can tell by this long-winded explanation, it simply doesn't. I'm a good scum player. I'm not THIS good. I wish I was! That, at the drop of a hat, I could perfectly replicate my townplay convincingly. But I can't. Thus, why in this game...me being my town self. Means that I am town.

And, once again, is the reason why not realizing it--coming from players who have EVERY reason to realize it--is scummy-as-hell. Nacho KNOWS this isn't my scum game. Ghostlin might not 'know' it, but he should recognize it as not being my scum game and it being my town game. Again, a full-on elaboration is best postponed until after both of them have posted a lot more, but you get the idea.

I hate to be egotistical. I hate to be arrogant. So when I say this, know that there's zero arrogance attached. Know that when I say this, I'm 100% dead serious, in that it's not me having an inflated opinion of myself, but rather, a god-honest truthful analysis of the situation--
A push on me is RIDICULOUSLY scum-oriented. Period.

(That's not to say everyone pushing me as scum is actually scum. That'd be nearly half the game. :P Wayne's town. Morph's town. Mac's increasingly town. Pie's town. To name a few players who have at least considered the possibility I can be scum, who aren't scum for it. It's the players who're actually following THROUGH on it.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Psychlone »

In post 1181, Varsoon wrote:Gonna OMGUS that.

VOTE: Mac
:facepalm:
In post 1170, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1165, Psychlone wrote:
Vote: mastin2
I'll be blunt:

No.

IF you are town, Nacho, this vote is bad and you should feel bad. (BUT NOTE THAT THIS IS A BIG FREAKIN HUGE WHOPPING "IF"!) Or, put another way...
If Nacho, </3.

If GiF...fuck off.
I'll be blunt too.

Yes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rude.
In post 1200, mastin2 wrote: If it were some random player, I'd have no reason at all to call the vote on me suspicious. But when it's NACHO voting me? (Or, for that matter, Ghostlin not having me as a townread?) HELL YES. Voting me and having it be serious is a scumtell. A town-Nacho right now knows DAMN well and good that I'm town, here. A town-Ghostlin SHOULD know that I'm town, here, too. I fully realize the OMGUSy appearance of that. But I'm telling you that, yes. Them (AND ONLY SPECIFICALLY THEM) scumreading me IS a quite-justifiable reason to scumread THEM. Because I am not scum. Not in a million years is this my scumplay. If this were my scumgame, it'd be scummy-worthy scumgame, with me playing at 200% my normal maximum. And them, specifically them, not realizing it is setting off a TON of red flags.

It's one thing to be paranoid of me. That's natural. That's all fine and dandy. It's quite another to not analyze that paranoia and ultimately conclude it's just that. Thus, the reaction. It's either terrible, or it's scum. Either way, it's not a typical town-Nacho.
The sun.
The bright yellow sun.
It shines brightly over thee.

Too bright for thee, perhaps.
Too hot for thee, perhaps.

Fan away, fan away.
Fan away the heat with thy hand.
Fan away the heat with thy hand.

But what's the worth?
What is the worth of cooling thyself
When thy hands would be tired?

Why not let the wind?
Is the wind not enough for thee?
In this chilled November?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 am

Post by pieguyn »

what is going on I don't even
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 am

Post by morph the cat »

Hi GiF.
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Psychlone »

Hi.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 am

Post by morph the cat »

Do you have a scumpile? Want to talk about it?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

This is Jake from State Farm Mafia 2, all over again.

For those of you who aren't Cabd and therefore unfamiliar with the game...
I was a JOAT-with-a-cop-guilty on D2.

I claimed the cop guilty.

Correct town play? Lynch the cop guilty.

What the town actually did? Lynch me. (Which, mind you, IS A RIDICULOUSLY BAD THING. Not just in that game via lynching the cop before the claimed guilty. In general, lynching Mastin will NOT go well for a town. Period. I can't think of a game where a town lynch on me has actually led to victory.)

I correctly identified it as being a ridiculously scum-driven wagon. I predicted all three scum were on. I was right! They were! (Granted...I thought it was ABR and Maenara, who were the two town players on it. :P It was actually DGB and Banksys Flareon who were the scum on the wagon, in addition to Magua the confscum.) And the exact same thing is happening here. I believe AP has a slogan which he adapted from some other player. Objectively bad play from an objectively good player being a decently-solid scumtell.

That's PRECISELY what's going on here. A town-Nacho would have realized by now that I am not scum. He KNOWS me. He knows this isn't my scum game. This isn't my approach as scum, this isn't my play as scum, this isn't my mindset as scum, this isn't my scum game at all. Like, 0% of my scum game. I am town. This is my townplay. He KNOWS it's my town game. I might not be an innocent child, but I practically am one. That he hasn't realized it is RIDICULOUSLY bad.
My academy.
Agnigi
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:58 am

Post by Psychlone »

In post 1206, morph the cat wrote:Do you have a scumpile? Want to talk about it?
Kinda. Not solid yet though, given the time we spent on this game.
Not yet.
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Psychlone »

In post 1203, pieguyn wrote:what is going on I don't even
Definitely not a breadcrumb!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:10 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1207, mastin2 wrote:I can't think of a game where a town lynch on me has actually led to victory.
To clarify, this is a normal town mislynch.

If I weaponize my mislynch into the Mastin Gambit, sure, it can. (WWE.) But even then, not nearly as much as it used to be. Weaponizing my mislynch requires me to actually have confidence in my reads. I have it, it'll work. I don't, and it'll not-work. :P Right now, I don't have a way to weaponize my own mislynch, because I lack the confidence to pull it off.
My academy.
Agnigi
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Psychlone »

In post 1207, mastin2 wrote:This is Jake from State Farm Mafia 2, all over again.

For those of you who aren't Cabd and therefore unfamiliar with the game...
I was a JOAT-with-a-cop-guilty on D2.

I claimed the cop guilty.

Correct town play? Lynch the cop guilty.

What the town actually did? Lynch me. (Which, mind you, IS A RIDICULOUSLY BAD THING. Not just in that game via lynching the cop before the claimed guilty. In general, lynching Mastin will NOT go well for a town. Period. I can't think of a game where a town lynch on me has actually led to victory.)

I correctly identified it as being a ridiculously scum-driven wagon. I predicted all three scum were on. I was right! They were! (Granted...I thought it was ABR and Maenara, who were the two town players on it. :P It was actually DGB and Banksys Flareon who were the scum on the wagon, in addition to Magua the confscum.) And the exact same thing is happening here. I believe AP has a slogan which he adapted from some other player. Objectively bad play from an objectively good player being a decently-solid scumtell.

That's PRECISELY what's going on here. A town-Nacho would have realized by now that I am not scum. He KNOWS me. He knows this isn't my scum game. This isn't my approach as scum, this isn't my play as scum, this isn't my mindset as scum, this isn't my scum game at all. Like, 0% of my scum game. I am town. This is my townplay. He KNOWS it's my town game. I might not be an innocent child, but I practically am one. That he hasn't realized it is RIDICULOUSLY bad.
"Never judge a book by its cover", people often say.
The proper way to judge a book is to read and analyze.
Read, read, and read.

Assumption is fine, but it only goes so far.
That's what the plot twists are for. To shrug off the obvious assumption.
It misleads the readers until the certain point where readers are surprised to see such event even happening.

Plot twists are what motivates readers to continue reading the book.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 am

Post by BROseidon »

I'm 6-1 in games where I haven't been mislynched/vigged, and 3-3 in games where I have been mislynched. Therefore, I should never be lynched.

Mastin, are you reading your own logic?

Also, we can add the gratuitous amounts of
unprompted
self meta to why you're scum.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1211, Psychlone wrote:"Never judge a book by its cover", people often say. The proper way to judge a book is to read and analyze. Read, read, and read.
Yeah, and that's the thing. If you judged my book by my cover, you'd have me as maybe-scum, sure. It's in the analysis that I'm proven town, it's in the readthrough that you realize there's not a chance in hell I'm scum.
Assumption is fine, but it only goes so far. That's what the plot twists are for. To shrug off the obvious assumption. It misleads the readers until the certain point where readers are surprised to see such event even happening. Plot twists are what motivates readers to continue reading the book.
That's the problem, though. Assuming I'm scum will only get you so far. Because there's all those not-so-subtle hints that it's not true. Plot twists are something I love. But I love them to be beautifully simple in their elegance. And often foreshadowed heavily.

Bluntly as I can be, I am town. Period. End of the book. It's the beginning of the book, it's the mirrored ending of the book, because a book's ending is often directly tied to its beginning. The twist in this case isn't that I'm scum all along. It's that there isn't any scum in my actions. That, in a sense, there is no twist and that itself is the twist. There is no masterful scum plot present. There is no man-behind-the-man controlling the flow of things. There is no master puppeteer controlling the strings of the game. (Or if there is, they're not me. :P) There's a guy, who happens to be a guy in the book, who is just that, the guy in the book, working towards the heroic goal. With no ulterior motive, with no hidden twist, with barely a hint so much as to a dark and troubled past!

Sometimes, the most effective books, the best writing, are those in which what you see is what you get, and when you read the book and see my alignment, it is that which you have known it to be all-along, town, and that there was nothing deceitful about that.
In post 1212, BROseidon wrote:Also, we can add the gratuitous amounts of
unprompted
self meta to why you're scum.
Self-meta used in defense, sure, scum. But I'm not using this self-meta as the defense. I started out just randomly throwing it out 'cause I felt like it. But then, I caught a sliver of something--something that felt
off
about players' reactions to it. So, I prodded a bit further. And now?

Now, that self-meta has been weaponized as an offense. The self-meta I am using is not to demonstrate why I am town. That's quite literally self-evident in all my posting, that I am about as obvtown as a Mastin-who's-drawn-too-many-scum-PMs can be when drawing a town PM. It's to show why others (yourself included) are scum. For not realizing it.

I'll be frank, BRO. Let's deal in the theoretical scenario that you're town. You're barking up the WORST possible tree. And I will hound you, I will bite you in the ass, I will hunt you down and make you dead because of it. But you're not town. You're scum, who's made the mistake of believing that Mastin may actually be mislynchable this game. And it's going to cost you.
(In a bit.)
My academy.
Agnigi
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Mastin, the more you ramble on about this shit the more I want to vote you just to make it stop.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by waynegg »

VOTE: Mastin

;)
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1213, mastin2 wrote:Self-meta used in defense, sure, scum. But I'm not using this self-meta as the defense. I started out just randomly throwing it out 'cause I felt like it. But then, I caught a sliver of something--something that felt off about players' reactions to it. So, I prodded a bit further. And now?

Now, that self-meta has been weaponized as an offense. The self-meta I am using is not to demonstrate why I am town. That's quite literally self-evident in all my posting, that I am about as obvtown as a Mastin-who's-drawn-too-many-scum-PMs can be when drawing a town PM. It's to show why others (yourself included) are scum. For not realizing it.

I'll be frank, BRO. Let's deal in the theoretical scenario that you're town. You're barking up the WORST possible tree. And I will hound you, I will bite you in the ass, I will hunt you down and make you dead because of it. But you're not town. You're scum, who's made the mistake of believing that Mastin may actually be mislynchable this game. And it's going to cost you.
1) Implicit in "If Nacho were town he'd know that I'm town, therefore he's scum" is "I'm town." You've mixed the defense in with the offense.

2) It's cute that you think you have a bigger bite than me. Maybe the tibetan mastiff avatar isn't enough of a warning...
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Mac »

pieguy wrote:what the hell
that's so similar to my scumreads I don't even. like it's exactly the same except Psychlone 0.0 how the hell did that happen
development of my reads must have been similar to yours.
In post 1195, zMuffinMan wrote:
pieguy wrote:I'd also like to know where said townread came from
iirc, it initially came from PA's 95, but i also like ghostlin's first posts in this game.

i don't remember much they've done lately. i keep forgetting they're in this game
this is what is worrying me most about the hydra. I know penguin isn't as prolific in thread as most, but ghostlin's been a non-presence so far.

yeah gif is probably scum.
mastin wrote:This is Jake from State Farm Mafia 2, all over again.
it's really not. are you waffling about other games that have no relation to this one in order to hide, or what?

wayne rejoin the varsoon wagon. everyone else jump on too, we have cookies!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1217, Mac wrote:wayne rejoin the varsoon wagon. everyone else jump on too, we have cookies!
I love cookies.

But I love lynching scum more. Convince me that he's scummier than mastin/thez/TNE.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Mac »

you are lynching scum.

you know the type of cheeky scumfuck he is. the words "wriggle wriggle wriggle" come to mind - and when SSK dies he swoons in and says he was "obviously town" and has yet to back it up. when his one scumread, pieguy, turns out to be fucking town, he runs away saying he needs to re-evaluate the game. and where has his vote landed? on me, and he doesn't even scumread me I bet.

that. is. not. town.

that is caught scum who needed to look like he was doing something.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1214, morph the cat wrote:Mastin, the more you ramble on about this shit the more I want to vote you just to make it stop.
Don't.

I might be in waffle-mode right now. But this pathway? Very damn well could lead to that switch being flipped.

Let me handle this. Let me do my own thing, here.

(Wayne's town, by the way; he's not scum. His vote might help them, but it actually does have the potential to screw them over, though I won't say why.)
In post 1216, BROseidon wrote:1) Implicit in "If Nacho were town he'd know that I'm town, therefore he's scum" is "I'm town." You've mixed the defense in with the offense.
Yes, it is. But I'm saying I'm town anyway. I'm not using the meta as part of that defense, though. I'm town. Blatantly obviously town. Seriously, SERIOUSLY town this game. I couldn't be more town if I tried. I don't say that often. Hell, I don't think I've ever said it as scum. But I'm not town for meta. I'm town because I'm town. :P Meta comes into the picture purely on the offensive front. [/quote]
2) It's cute that you think you have a bigger bite than me. Maybe the tibetan mastiff avatar isn't enough of a warning...
Hell yes I do. I'd be a worse version of Nacho in Xenogears if we're both town. By which, I mean, you'd get lynched and screw myself over, but do so on an earlier day phase rather than a later one. Which is, precisely, why I made that offer.
In post 1217, Mac wrote:it's really not.
It really is, though. Same scenario, played out in a similar way. A town-me, not having a solid basis in the game. Getting wagoned, with a HEAVILY scum-driven wagon. Oh, and being lynched for "being annoying". It's a perfect reference.
/more coming.
My academy.
Agnigi
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Your threats don't scare me, scum :P
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by mastin2 »

By the way, scum don't have daytalk this game.

If they did, the scum smart enough to avoid me would be screaming at the scum pursuing me, "STOP, YOU IDIOTS! YOU
TRYING
TO FUCK US OVER?!?" :P
My academy.
Agnigi
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

10/10 reasoning right there. mastin wins the thread.

:roll:
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1221, BROseidon wrote:Your threats don't scare me, scum :P
You know, I'll be honest. I get the vibe from BROseidon that he's trying to paint our fight as townVtown. By which, I mean...not that he's town. Not that he "thinks" I'm town. That he's scum, pushing me as 'scum', in the hopes that he'll be written off as town at only the slight cost of me being similarly written off. (Especially since said cost could, in theory, come after my mislynch, and people reading our fight would go, "meh, looks TvT to me".)

Comments like this SCREAM that to me. That he's scum-trying-to-fake-tunneling-town.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”