Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Mac »

lolbork
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(And, yes, I know. I'm not showing conviction in my BRO scumread and even offered an out, so you can construe it as being me preparing for his townflip and justifying it in advance. I KNOW. Doesn't change how I feel about HIS posting, okay? :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

AND YOU'VE JUST DONE THE "LOOK AT ME ADMIT TO THIS OPENLY SCUMMY THING I'M DOING SO I LOOK LESS SCUMMY" THING. AGAIN.

HOLY FUCK CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY WE HAVEN'T LYNCHED THIS.

EXPLAIN TO ME.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1220, mastin2 wrote:But I'm saying I'm town anyway. I'm not using the meta as part of that defense, though. I'm town. Blatantly obviously town. Seriously, SERIOUSLY town this game. I couldn't be more town if I tried. I don't say that often. Hell, I don't think I've ever said it as scum. But I'm not town for meta. I'm town because I'm town. Meta comes into the picture purely on the offensive front.
Holy fuck if you repeat this shit again I'm going to park my vote on you, call it policy, and let ffery handle the day to day operations until you're dead or we're dead.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1179, Mac wrote:do you disagree, cabd?
He doesn't disagree. Just didn't have as strong opinion as I did.
In post 1179, Mac wrote:
mastin wrote:Though that said, morph's probably town. (The real concern is on Psychlone and GP.)
this is true. i'm worried by the lack of presence from both in the thread.
I'm feeling a little better. I'm hydraing with Nacho in some other games and I know it's hellish trying to synch since his laptop was stolen.
In post 1179, Mac wrote:can you expand? im trying to think but it's not coming too me about RW.
I didn't play that game but it has to do with rebalancing the numbers after a one shot day vig plus lynch on day 1 in this game paralleling something with a similar balance effect in the RW game.
thezmon's reaction was weird. pie is claiming compulsive d1 dayvig and he's still trying to throw dirt on it. meeeh
It was, but do scum stick their neck out like that to throw suspicion and discredit on a potential town PR? If pieguyn hadn't already wigged out about our vote and indicated he's be proving himself before day end maybe it would have looked less genuine. maybe.
In post 1184, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1183, Mac wrote:good to see you did re-evauluate the game to fake your reads, scum
Nah, I haven't re-evaluated the game yet,
you just made a really big post and voted for me
Is a big post and a vote on you scummy?
In post 1185, Mac wrote:i want to be snarky but that's ffery's job.
I have to feel snarky to be snarky.
In post 1191, zMuffinMan wrote:to be fair, i don't think this style is alignment-indicative. i recall having the same issue with the way he caught up in xenogears D2 (the post he wrote during N1).

the thing i don't like about BRO's posts is the amount of nothing in his posts prior to just recently. the series of post-responses he was producing earlier in the game had very little game-relevant content and he said he was busy "finding scum" but never actually looked to be trying to find any scum. also the way he sheeped me onto both the wayne and mafiassk wagons irked me.
Yeah this sums it up pretty well.
In post 1196, BROseidon wrote:Since apparently nobody wants to lynch Thez anymore.
See my question to Mac above.
In post 1208, Psychlone wrote:
In post 1206, morph the cat wrote:Do you have a scumpile? Want to talk about it?
Kinda. Not solid yet though, given the time we spent on this game.
Not yet.
Soon, please
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1224, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1221, BROseidon wrote:Your threats don't scare me, scum :P
You know, I'll be honest. I get the vibe from BROseidon that he's trying to paint our fight as townVtown. By which, I mean...not that he's town. Not that he "thinks" I'm town. That he's scum, pushing me as 'scum', in the hopes that he'll be written off as town at only the slight cost of me being similarly written off. (Especially since said cost could, in theory, come after my mislynch, and people reading our fight would go, "meh, looks TvT to me".)

Comments like this SCREAM that to me. That he's scum-trying-to-fake-tunneling-town.
To elaborate on this a bit. Nacho if he's town should be able to understand it when I...*shudder*...can't believe I'm doing this, but it's the only example that comes to mind...bring up Walking Dead. As scum, against AD, I used this tactic because it's a decent offensive technique, and because it's also a good defensive technique. I was using it more defensively than offensively, but still, it has a great variety of uses, and is surprisingly-handy. It's also something that can signify cornered scum, which BRO also kinda gives off the vibes of. He's a competent player, but that doesn't mean he's immune to being caught as scum.

Another example that comes to mind is my last newbie game where I was scum. (Forget the number, but it's notable players include JasonWazza and uctriton00. And enomis. And Lucky2u. And RadiantCowbells. I don't remember the other players or the moderator, but I'm sure you can find it.) I used this exact same tactic against uctriton, and it almost worked, too!
In post 1227, BROseidon wrote:AND YOU'VE JUST DONE THE "LOOK AT ME ADMIT TO THIS OPENLY SCUMMY THING I'M DOING SO I LOOK LESS SCUMMY" THING. AGAIN.
Yes. Blatantly. My response now is the same as my response then. I'm not going to lie about things. The truth is what it is, and double-standard be damned, I feel the way I do about that stuff.

...Though...speaking of which...in a way? You're doing the same thing. If the stuff that I'm pointing out about you is scummy (despite me having done it), you're admitting that it was scummy of you to have done it if you think it's scummy coming from me.
HOLY FUCK CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY WE HAVEN'T LYNCHED THIS.
EXPLAIN TO ME.
Because the town's not
stupid
enough to fall for your strongarm tactics. Which is exactly what you're employing here. You're hoping they'll plow through my mislynch and not bat an eye on the scum on the wagon.
In post 1228, morph the cat wrote:Holy fuck if you repeat this shit again I'm going to park my vote on you, call it policy, and let ffery handle the day to day operations until you're dead or we're dead.
Tough. It's the truth. No arrogance. No ego. Nothing. Dead serious, I've never been more town in ANY of my recent games than I am right here, right now. Period. I'll point it out all I want to, because it's the truth. Simple. as. that. So go ahead and vote me for being annoying. But I'm not scum. End of discussion.
My academy.
Agnigi
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Wake me up when shit starts making sense, ffery.

VOTE: mastin
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1230, mastin2 wrote:...Though...speaking of which...in a way? You're doing the same thing. If the stuff that I'm pointing out about you is scummy (despite me having done it), you're admitting that it was scummy of you to have done it if you think it's scummy coming from me.
Where the fuck have I admitted that anything I've done is scummy.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by mastin2 »

-I point out scummy thing you've done.
-I admit said scummy thing, I've also done.
-You say I'm admitting to doing scummy thing.
-Thus, you're admitting said scummy thing is scummy.
-Thus, you are admitting to doing said scummy thing.
My academy.
Agnigi
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Is this about the self-meta.

Because there's a word I bolded in what you did that doesn't apply to me.

Is reading hard for you, or are you scum? I'm thinking the latter.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1230, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1224, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1221, BROseidon wrote:Your threats don't scare me, scum :P
You know, I'll be honest. I get the vibe from BROseidon that he's trying to paint our fight as townVtown. By which, I mean...not that he's town. Not that he "thinks" I'm town. That he's scum, pushing me as 'scum', in the hopes that he'll be written off as town at only the slight cost of me being similarly written off. (Especially since said cost could, in theory, come after my mislynch, and people reading our fight would go, "meh, looks TvT to me".)

Comments like this SCREAM that to me. That he's scum-trying-to-fake-tunneling-town.
To elaborate on this a bit. Nacho if he's town should be able to understand it when I...*shudder*...can't believe I'm doing this, but it's the only example that comes to mind...bring up Walking Dead. As scum, against AD, I used this tactic because it's a decent offensive technique, and because it's also a good defensive technique. I was using it more defensively than offensively, but still, it has a great variety of uses, and is surprisingly-handy. It's also something that can signify cornered scum, which BRO also kinda gives off the vibes of. He's a competent player, but that doesn't mean he's immune to being caught as scum.

Another example that comes to mind is my last newbie game where I was scum. (Forget the number, but it's notable players include JasonWazza and uctriton00. And enomis. And Lucky2u. And RadiantCowbells. I don't remember the other players or the moderator, but I'm sure you can find it.) I used this exact same tactic against uctriton, and it almost worked, too!
I've been rereading our games. I feel like I have enough experiential meta now to make some sort of sense out of this.

I had a scum vibe about you pretty early in the WD game, but Nacho talked me out of it for a day or 2. Then we both wanted to lynch you.

I reread Buzzword Bingo and the Chosen game, too. Haven't gotten to day 1-2 of xenogears yet.

There are things you're doing in this game that set off alarms, but not the same stuff that set off alarms in the two games we've played where you were scum. But, I do think there are at least some parallels to the buzzword game, at least in terms of the challenges scum should face. The problem for scum in that game was the web of mutual town reads that sprang up in the first 10 or so pages. It didn't leave room to hide and it didn't leave room for many mislynches.

I feel like this game should ALMOST be that way given the player list, but instead firming up town reads has been a pain in the butt.

I have a tenuous town read on NachoGiF. Very tenuous.

I want to understand what Nacho is talking about, re having seen something like your OMGUS in another game.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by morph the cat »

UNVOTE

VOTE: Varsoon
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by waynegg »

Mastin is actually defending. Instead of going mute. Just saying...
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1237, waynegg wrote:Mastin is actually defending. Instead of going mute. Just saying...
Have you seen him go mute as scum?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by waynegg »

Nope.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by morph the cat »

He goes mute as town, then?

I've never seen this in any games I've played with him of any alignment.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Actually, I think I kinda take that back. During Buzzword Bingo he talked about going quiet as town when waiting for data on a player to materialize or a read to solidify. But, that was in a specific context and not related to defending himself from lynch votes.

He was scum in that game, but I think he was being honest about going into observation mode as town sometimes.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by waynegg »

He disappeared in Xenogears when he had pressure and came back only after the initial push on him died. If he'd been lynched it would be a better comparison, but he didn't really defend himself.
Like LEGO minifigs?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 1196, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1192, zMuffinMan wrote:
bro wrote:k

VOTE: TNE Hey guys he claimed scum, we should lynch him ^_^
really?
Jokes are hard, let's go shopping.

VOTE: mastin

Since apparently nobody wants to lynch Thez anymore.
Again with the sheeping...?

Seriously

Gaise. Are you townreading this guy JUST because of Xenogears mafia?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Hey asshat, want me to point out all of the places where I've called mastin scum?

Dat. Misrep.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Like, I've been calling mastin scum for far longer than I've been voting him.

(in b4 I have to point out that I'm allowed to have multiple scumreads because scum are going to push the "BUT YOU WEREN'T VOTING HIM" angle)
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by thenewearth »

And yet again, if you thought that mastin was scum

Why were you voting thez?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by thenewearth »

I'LL STOP IF YOU STOP
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by thenewearth »

BECAUSE THAT IS JUST AS SCUMMY AS A SCUMMY CAN GET
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by waynegg »

I'm All for blindly eliminating derp so there're no distractions if a viable scumspect doesn't surface. I like thez, Mastin, psych, morph in that order.

Thez I've said plenty
Mastin because I think this is his scum game
Psych because if Mastin's town, then yeah
Morph because they're the kind of players to recover if anything I hit on was legit
Like LEGO minifigs?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”