Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:03 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1611, zMuffinMan wrote:should i fakehammer?
:facepalm:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:05 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1623, BROseidon wrote:I mean overall.

Do you normally drive the hydra?
Overall he's made probably somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the posts. After mastin's burst of holyshit over nacho's read, he took a short break, but he's been back.

He drives the hydra when we draw scum, but I've been working on that because it's a pretty obvious morph-tell.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:10 am

Post by BROseidon »

Your reset presence makes it feel fairly 1-sided.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:10 am

Post by BROseidon »

recent*
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.56

[5] BROseidon (zMuffinMan, thenewearth, mastin2, Psychlone, Varsoon)
[4] thenewearth (Ghostly Penguin, Mac, BROseidon, pieguyn)
[1] Mac (waynegg)

[2] Not Voting (ArcAngel9, Morph the Cat)

With 12 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-11-17 01:30:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 am

Post by morph the cat »

His last post in the game was about 24 hours ago, but it was pretty one-sided after he voted Mastin.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:13 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

morph wrote:Cabd told me he disagreed with me last night. I thought he was going to unvote while we sort ourselves out but he didn't.
when does this happen?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:14 am

Post by morph the cat »

When he wakes up. It's 6:15 am here.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:58 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1631, zMuffinMan wrote:
morph wrote:Cabd told me he disagreed with me last night. I thought he was going to unvote while we sort ourselves out but he didn't.
when does this happen?
Hi.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:59 am

Post by morph the cat »

Oh and also the urge to lynch arcangel is rising in me greatly. Do something, anything, except for replacing in and then not posting.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1551, pieguyn wrote:mastin you're doing it wrong. if you're giving a summary of what happened, you shouldn't be throwing your opinions in there too
A summary doesn't hold much point if it doesn't. :P
In post 1557, zMuffinMan wrote:@mastin,
where does your read on morph come from?
Aside from their softclaim and how they've been handling it, the overall vibe from their posting is definitely the town-them I'm used to seeing.

Plus, they've invoked a holy-Mastin tell of "I'm not used to you not townreading me" similar to you in Xenogears. :P

Spoiler: Nacho
In post 1586, Psychlone wrote:I'm concerned with how you're handling your interactions with me so far today; in Walking Dead and Chain of Command, you ended up interacting with me more than you usually do to the point where it was excessive. Here, you're pretty much ignoring me and putting me in the "not worried about me yet pile" (perfectly okay), but you're clearly suspicious of us to some extent and not trying to push it at all.
I haven't been pushing you
because you haven't been around for me to push!

I've been referencing you often, I've been mentioning you, I've been doing some minor pushing of you, including referencing how you're not around (itself a push), yet that last part is important; you not being around means that I can't push you. I can't get anything effective out of suddenly voting your slot, now, can I? Which is, again, precisely one of the reasons I'm so concerned, in that you haven't been around for me TO push. I can't get a good read on you one way or the other if you're not around to interact with me. Hell, the only reason you're not scum is because I recognize that you're bogged down in life (thus, it's PROBABLY alignment-null), and that I'm getting similar vibes to Xenogears, in that my suspicion on you and your handling of it looks identical. (BUT IT IS STILL SUSPICION ALL THE SAME!)
I expect you to seek some sort of reassurance in the early game if you're paranoia or at least get thoughts down on the table about things that I'm doing in case you die early.
Well, I was going to, but basically, assuming two mislynches, I've got a free ride to mylo, maybe even lylo. The scum aren't going to nightkill me with so many power role claims floating around. If they DID, it'd tell you that I was more of a threat to them than the power roles themselves, which is reasoning enough to iso me. :P
But I felt like most of his early game play was too focused on image maintenance as opposed to him scumhunting and looking town as a result of it; him going "whoops, I'm obvtown already" in his #14 felt good at first because it was very confident and a hard thing to sell as scum that early in the game with a straight face. His analysis at that point was seriously lacking, though, and I don't see what sort of things mastin did at that point to make him call himself obvtown; hence niggles. Him correcting me on his scum meta? Good at first because it's a ballsy thing to do, right? But why would he do it as town? If he's scumreading me for finding an excuse to townread him, I'd expect him to pursue that line/bring it up although I can see why he would focus on semantics.
My play was focused on me because that's the only thing I could really think of to do. I was having trouble getting into the game. Hell, I still am, despite being so close to deadline. I've been doing as much analysis as I can cram in, but often-times, it's lacking that final push, that strength, that I really need. Also, shame on you. I was obvtown even back then, and the obvtowniness has only gotten stronger. I corrected you on my scum meta because I felt like it.
This is a nice protown quote and all, but he doesn't actually end up exploring any of them for a very, very long time and soon loses pretty much all of his steam on the BROlynch he was so excited about earlier but doesn't explain why.
Because it's fairly self-evident that my reads have been so much in-flux over the course of the day as to be a complete and total, utter, entire mess? :P
I will give credit where credit is due. BRO's right, Nacho. I don't like your trajectory on me. At all. That said, I'm not suddenly buddy-buddy with BRO. Quite the opposite, in fact. :P
In post 1588, BROseidon wrote:The towniest name in there is the conf-town.

Wait...

How the fuck does that support your point?
Because it accentuates the negative. There's only one player. ONE. DAMN. PLAYER. On that wagon. That looks good. All the rest. The entirety of them. Look bad.
Also you're still scum.
Yep. This is a scum-BRO. No attempt to reach out to me, no attempt to reason with me, no attempt to point out how we work on similar wavelengths, no attempt to do what he did in Xenogears and try and work with me, despite the fact that pretty much everyone here knows that I'm town by now. He's in tunneling mode, and I'll be blunt, this screams of being scum-trapped with no visible outs.
Did you miss the part where I mentioned that I'm pretty sure I caught what your crumb was, and that the only reason I'm not conf-towning you is because I know Cabd is a gambit-ey player? Also, I know your reads can take a life of their own, but I've had less time than I'd have liked recently to convince you that I'm town.
This reeks of being bullshit, too. It's an excuse to not have them as town.
In post 1589, BROseidon wrote:Also I like how we let the Thez slot lurk out to replacement, and nobody bothers to pressure AA9 from the onset, despite her being impossible to read without pressure.

Good shit bros.
AA moves into scum-designated mislynch-bait territory!
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:14 am

Post by morph the cat »

I dunno mastin, arcangel slot is still a scumread of ours as well. Muffin kind of put a bandaid on it, but none of the recent events have helped, and those damn bandaids always fall off as soon as you get used to them.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1589, BROseidon wrote:Also I like how we let the Thez slot lurk out to replacement, and nobody bothers to pressure AA9 from the onset, despite her being impossible to read without pressure.

Good shit bros.
shes made one post. how can we pressure someone whose not actually here?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1635, mastin2 wrote:Aside from their softclaim and how they've been handling it, the overall vibe from their posting is definitely the town-them I'm used to seeing.
they said they had no completed games as town wtf

@morph:
have you two sorted TNE yet?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:02 am

Post by pieguyn »

Ghostlin is giving me a headache, mostly because now I'm questioning my read on him @_@
In post 1605, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Not going to think whether or not Var's role exists or not. Conjecturing that is a slippery slope to nowhere. On role knowledge alone, he's Town. On game play, he's acting pretty fucking dodgy for Varsoon.
this seems town for me. he basically just came out and said "I'm doing things my way and screw you all", which I really like

I hate zmuffin's "fakehammer". for some reason I get a really terrible feeling off it. he has nothing else to say besides a fake fakehammer, which doesn't even do anything? the tone there also doesn't seem legitimate, but I'm not too sure on that
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:12 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1638, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1635, mastin2 wrote:Aside from their softclaim and how they've been handling it, the overall vibe from their posting is definitely the town-them I'm used to seeing.
they said they had no completed games as town wtf
No completed town games in this hydra. That's 4 games. I have nearly 50 completed games on site as my main or as other hydrae. And Cabd has a ton of games as well. mastin has played a fair few of them.
@morph:
have you two sorted TNE yet?
We don't intend to vote TNE today. For Cabd it comes down to BRO or AA9. He doesn't want to see AA9 lurk her way to another scum victory. For me, I think I can sort AA9 given more input, and I feel very sure that Nacho can sort her, too.

Our virtual vote is on BRO atm.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:18 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1635, mastin2 wrote:Because it accentuates the negative. There's only one player. ONE. DAMN. PLAYER. On that wagon. That looks good. All the rest. The entirety of them. Look bad.
Except it doesn't. If you were going for that, you'd have said "pie is the only townie name on that wagon." What you did say implicates that pie is not conftown or near conftown.
In post 1635, mastin2 wrote:Yep. This is a scum-BRO. No attempt to reach out to me, no attempt to reason with me, no attempt to point out how we work on similar wavelengths, no attempt to do what he did in Xenogears and try and work with me, despite the fact that pretty much everyone here knows that I'm town by now. He's in tunneling mode, and I'll be blunt, this screams of being scum-trapped with no visible outs.
Because when I tried working with you earlier you shut me out and scumread me.
In post 1635, mastin2 wrote:This reeks of being bullshit, too. It's an excuse to not have them as town.
The fact that you don't get what I'm saying here is disconcerting. You're one of the few people who should've picked up on ffery's crumb.
In post 1637, Mac wrote:shes made one post. how can we pressure someone whose not actually here?
I'm semi-seriously considering pushing for a PL on AA9 every game I have with her because she doesn't do jack shit for town, which also makes her impossible to read. Thez slot was already scummy, and I don't want everyone letting AA9 pull her bullshit lurking.
In post 1640, morph the cat wrote:For me, I think I can sort AA9 given more input, and I feel very sure that Nacho can sort her, too.
What happened to you being unsure of Nacho/GiF?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:20 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1641, BROseidon wrote:What happened to you being unsure of Nacho/GiF?
A little thing called content happened.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:21 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1537, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1530, BROseidon wrote:And you don't value me? :(
Do you actually feel like this is a reasonable question?

I have your content so far to evaluate.

The problem with nachogif is lack of content, but they both have reasons they can't post much atm and it's a site-wide thing. GiF just replaced out of a ton of games a couple days ago, and Nacho's laptop was stolen.
In post 1642, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1641, BROseidon wrote:What happened to you being unsure of Nacho/GiF?
A little thing called content happened.
wat
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:23 am

Post by morph the cat »

Spoiler: psychlone content between those two posts
In post 1586, Psychlone wrote:Mac's banter with Varsoon is awesome.
In post 1199, BROseidon wrote:Also, Mac's latest catchup feels pretty good except for the rolefish on ffery/cabd.
yo this reasoning sucks
In post 1200, mastin2 wrote:If it were some random player, I'd have no reason at all to call the vote on me suspicious. But when it's NACHO voting me? (Or, for that matter, Ghostlin not having me as a townread?) HELL YES. Voting me and having it be serious is a scumtell. A town-Nacho right now knows DAMN well and good that I'm town, here.
I don't scumread you as quickly and accurately as I used to. Twice I felt scum-mastin in the early game, didn't act on it, let scum-mastin coast. Don't you expect me to refine how I approach you after reading you wrong twice? I'm concerned with how you're handling your interactions with me so far today; in Walking Dead and Chain of Command, you ended up interacting with me more than you usually do to the point where it was excessive. Here, you're pretty much ignoring me and putting me in the "not worried about me yet pile" (perfectly okay), but you're clearly suspicious of us to some extent and not trying to push it at all. Why? Are you trying to fake paranoia of us and not going all the way in with it? Do you think reaching out to me wouldn't be effective? I expect you to seek some sort of reassurance in the early game if you're paranoia or at least get thoughts down on the table about things that I'm doing in case you die early.
In post 1201, mastin2 wrote:The problem lies in how they're not assessing that and realizing it's just paranoia.
I get a lot of paranoid pings about your play from time to time, and usually, I shrug them off and say that I'm being paranoid. Usually when I see some things going wrong with your play I take a step back and give you some room because there are a lot of elements in your scumplay in your townplay so a couple of pings are very rarely anything definitive. This game, I acted on that paranoia instead of instantly dismissing it, and I'm extremely glad that I did.
In post 1214, morph the cat wrote:Mastin, the more you ramble on about this shit the more I want to vote you just to make it stop.
It's not a case of the scum rambles, though.
In post 1235, morph the cat wrote:I want to understand what Nacho is talking about, re having seen something like your OMGUS in another game.
So, Mastin read. Most of the things that I see from him are decent as far as him looking town goes; his dropping reads into the thread was good, his comments on the game state were good, his confidence in his own towniness was good. But I felt like most of his early game play was too focused on image maintenance as opposed to him scumhunting and looking town as a result of it; him going "whoops, I'm obvtown already" in his #14 felt good at first because it was very confident and a hard thing to sell as scum that early in the game with a straight face. His analysis at that point was seriously lacking, though, and I don't see what sort of things mastin did at that point to make him call himself obvtown; hence niggles. Him correcting me on his scum meta? Good at first because it's a ballsy thing to do, right? But why would he do it as town? If he's scumreading me for finding an excuse to townread him, I'd expect him to pursue that line/bring it up although I can see why he would focus on semantics.
In post 958, mastin2 wrote:...Six names, for 2-3 (depending on SSK) scum slots. Now, that's not to say I don't have reads on these players. I just feel like I need to explore each of them a bit.
This is a nice protown quote and all, but he doesn't actually end up exploring any of them for a very, very long time and soon loses pretty much all of his steam on the BROlynch he was so excited about earlier but doesn't explain why.
In post 1315, Varsoon wrote:I think that mac's push on me and a lot of his long-winded posts are a bit too forceful/making tons of appeals, even flimsy ones. I'm used to town Mac having a lot less venom.
Scum-Mac has even less venom.
In post 1368, Mac wrote:but lack of content from gif is scaring me.
GiF has things going on and didn't learn about until recently. He'll be back in a week or so, so you'll have to deal with me in the meantime.
In post 1497, morph the cat wrote:Ugh that game gives both heads PTSD.
HA

I'm hitting skim mode because reads are pretty decently developed at this point but
In post 1587, Psychlone wrote:
Vote: BROseidon

TOWN BLOCK:
{morph, mastin2, Mac, pieguyn, Varsoon, (waynegg who is probably town because claim but still)}

I'm willing to give AA9 a fuckload of room since we're pretty much immortal based on the number of PR claims outed at the moment and I'm guessing she'll be caught up by Day 3 or so.
In post 1594, Psychlone wrote:
In post 1588, BROseidon wrote:Did you miss the part where I mentioned that I'm pretty sure I caught what your crumb was, and that the only reason I'm not conf-towning you is because I know Cabd is a gambit-ey player?
What's the benefit as scum with the claim?
In post 1588, BROseidon wrote:Nacho your trajectory on your mastin read is literally garbage.
Is literally great, actually. Why don't you like it?
In post 1610, Psychlone wrote:
In post 1596, BROseidon wrote:This makes it look like you should be scumreading mastin.
It does. I'm not scumreading mastin though.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:25 am

Post by BROseidon »

That's enough for you to townread them?

Other than Ghost, there's no player I feel confident enough reading to go from unsure to town in that duration of posts, given the overall length of this game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:28 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1635, mastin2 wrote:AA moves into scum-designated mislynch-bait territory!
atm I'd be very ok with an AA9 lynch. this statement is confbiased as hell

wanna wait to see what she does first tho
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

Hint: She won't do anything.

This is based on every game I've ever had with her.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:31 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1645, BROseidon wrote:That's enough for you to townread them?

Other than Ghost, there's no player I feel confident enough reading to go from unsure to town in that duration of posts, given the overall length of this game.
Yeah, I'm ending the gameday with a townread on psychlone. I used to be able to get a read on him in way fewer posts than he's put into this game. Then he figured it out and screwed up one of the most awesome player-specific tells I ever found.

My read accuracy and speed has been steadily increasing since then, with one notable exception.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:13 am

Post by morph the cat »

ARCANGEL

I see you posting elsewhere. Are you caught up here? What are your reads and thoughts?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”