Mini 1519: Such unusual pretermen rarely exist; maybe evil?

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:34 am

Post by iamausername »

VOTE: burn_209

death to underscores
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by iamausername »

hallelujah, something happened in this game.
The Silver Bard wrote:Also THE vig? Do you know that there is a vig in this game? And do you know that there is only one vig in that case? Seems like you got setupinformation that the rest of us don’t. That wording seems very strange to me. “Calling bullshit on you being
a
vig” would sound like you knew nothing about the setup, “Calling bullshit on you being
the
vig” sounds like the scumteam got some setupinformation from the host, and you just scumslipped it.
congratulations on your pedantry. yes, technically speaking, it would make more sense for someone who doesn't know if there is a vig in the setup to say "a vig" rather than "the vig" in this situation, but there is just no way that is a plausible scumslip. it's a minor grammatical error.

even if we accept the premise that scum would be told that there is precisely one vig in the setup, which is pretty unlikely to start with, if they
had
been told that, why on earth would their reaction to your semi-claim be to call bullshit? if you're scum who knows there's a vig, and someone alludes to being that vig on the first page, surely your reaction would be "great, now i know who to kill", not "what that's bullshit you're not the vig!"

and i think you know this. i don't buy this as a good faith argument. it's scummy trap card nonsense, not scumhunting.

UNVOTE: burn_209
VOTE: The Silver Bard
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

k cool.

UNVOTE: Silver Bard
VOTE: burn_109

death to underscores

wait, i mean

Silver Bard's explanation for his silly "what do you mean THE vig? ARE YOU SCUM THAT KNOWS THE SETUP?!!?!!" business makes sense. not like
sense
sense, but like there is a consistent thought process going on there. i'm sorry i ruined your attempt to illicit a scum reaction from greygnarl, dude, but i'm not actually sorry, because that never would have worked ever. but i will say three hail marys as penance for my sins. amen.

meanwhile, burn feels like he jumped on the bardwagon without actually understanding why it was there in the first place. all of his explanations are just a little bit off.
eg. post 61: "Saying that the person voting for you must think you are scum is putting words into someones mouth and is a scum tactic". - that seems like a pretty bad tactic to me. what is this 'scum tactic' designed to accomplish? how does putting the words "i think silver bard is scum" into greygnarl's mouth advance scumver bard's win condition in any way? "hi i'm scum, i'm just going to nefariously suggest that someone else thinks i'm scum. that'll show em. mwahahaha."

-------------------------------------->8

qwints, fournxithreety, you seem like reasonable people, talk to me about DrDolittle. i'm not seeing it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 81, 4nxi3ty wrote: his first reaction to being attacked is to throw a bunch of questions at his attacker. Do you see what he is hinting at with those questions?
no? they seem like reasonable questions to me. i mean, the last one is a little dense, but i'm not seeing scummy intentions in it.
and its not like his own reasoning is much better than burn's, so why is voting burn over everyone else on the wagon:
In post 41, DrDolittle wrote:On the other hand, burn's posts seem like vacillating bullshit.
burn wrote:It just seems like a lot of bullshit
'vacillating' tho. that's a Dolittle original, and, no messing, it makes all the difference. well, that and all of the, you know,
vacillating bullshit
that you cut out from burn's posts to make it look like Dolittle is doing the same thing he's attacking burn for, when that wasn't actually the vase at all.
the point is that burn's vote on silver is full of unfocused and slapdash reasoning like he's just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.
wheras Dolittle's reasoning is hyperfocused; "it's vacillating bullshit." pow. done. nothing more needs to be said. would that everyone could make cases as succinctly as that.

so yeah, i completely reject your premise. his reasoning
is
much better than burn's.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by iamausername »

UNVOTE: burn_209
VOTE: SonOfZeus

just had a little bit of a hallelujah moment. no, wait. a eureka moment. that's the expression. this guy is scum. he revealed himself in post 94; he says Silver Bard is "about to be lynched", which indicates that he is not paying any attention to the gamestate and does not actually care who is going to be lynched today (as long as it isn't him, one assumes).

he came in, saw that Bard was being wagoned, made sure to speak against that wagon for town cred when Bard flips town, and parked a vote on a random member of said wagon. those who are asking "of all the people on the Bard wagon, why burn?" to Dolittle need to be looking in Zeus's direction and asking "why JKLM?"

he's giving the appearance of trying to shut down the Bard wagon, but clearly has no actual interest in doing so, as evidenced by the twin facts that
a) he assumes his attempt has been unsuccesful and that Bard remains "about to be lynched" a page later, despite this not actually being the case.
b) he makes no attempt whatsoever to push an alternate wagon. he votes JKLM, asks him why Bard is scum, and then makes no further pushes in that direction and instead spends his time asking snitty questions to Bard, his apparent town read, and even has the gall to tell Bard off for not pushing on scumreads enough.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by iamausername »

awesome post. just stellar.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:07 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 139, 4nxi3ty wrote:iamusername, I don't think sonofzeus is a good vote, your case is a tad selective. TSO made the same mistake about thinking bard was about to be lynched - people don't pay attention sometimes, it happens.
i don't think TSO made the same mistake, i think he was just being cocky. like "i want you lynched, therefore you are going to be lynched". that's how his comment reads to me.
In post 144, The Silver Bard wrote:We now got under 5 days left before the deadline. We need to start making some progress and start consolidating out votes, and start applying some real pressure.

If I am not mistaken we got 3 players with 3 votes and those are: DrDolittle, burn_209 and SonOfZeus. Out of these 3 I want burn lynched the most, I am ok with a SonOfZeus lynch (as a compromise), but I oppose a DrDolittle lynch.

So anyone of you on other targets what are your view on these 3 players, and are you willing to consolidate on anyone of them?

Anyone of you these targets, would you be willing to lycnh any of the other two?
burn remains an acceptable lynch, yes.
In post 158, Hiraki wrote: Can someone explain the Son of Zeus case to me? I'm lazy.
see post 115. and SonofZeus's response in the following post where he half-heartedly tries to imply that i have scummy insider knowledge for noticing that obvtown Silver Bard is obvtown.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:53 am

Post by iamausername »

got prodded, makin' a bad post. not so bad post to follow soon. cross my heart, etc.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 231, iamausername wrote:got prodded, makin' a bad post. not so bad post to follow soon. cross my heart, etc.
ok i lied. i don't have anything new to say. sonofzeus is still scum, doolittle is still town, and it is absolutely absurd that people are apparently jumping off the zeuswagon because i haven't bothered to come in and post those words on a daily basis. that is literally the reason why greygnarl is voting doolittle and not zeus now. because qwints keeps saying "doolittle is scum" and i don't keep saying "sonofzeus is scum". what am i supposed to do with that.

doolittle is such a terrible lynch though.

POP QUIZ! you're scum, deadline is rapidly approaching, there are two viable wagons on the table, and one of them is you. do you:

a) vote the other guy, maybe make noises about how you don't really want to, but "it's him or me"
b) put a whole lot of effort into pushing a case on someone who has no votes whatsoever in the face of massive indifference from the town at large
c) attack the mayor with hummus

?

this is not a hard one, guys.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:15 am

Post by iamausername »

hallelujah, we have replacements now. oh, they're not doing anything interesting. shocker.

it's either SonofZeus or General today, everybody pick one and at least we have competing wagons to analyse tomorrow. let's just get this day done already.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:42 am

Post by iamausername »

IF YOUR VOTE IS NOT ON SONOFZEUS OR FROG BY THE TIME THAT COUNTDOWN HITS ZERO YOU ARE ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO A SCUM WIN AND I HOPE YOU DIE. amen.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 320, frog wrote:Also imausername, there is plenty of time to change votes if you're actually concerned with finding scum, but you appear to not be at all interested. Why is this?
i am interested in lynching scum, which is why i am voting one. perhaps you should try this?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”