Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:21 am

Post by Maenara »

Oh sweet goat of the black woods with a thousand young, will you give me a break?

What I referred to was this:
In post 378, Generic wrote:I want to hear from desp before a proceed. Never been a fan of someone fighting someone else's arguement for them.
I read it as "I want to hear from Desp before I proceed [because I agree with him, thereby disagreeing with you, but I want to see what he has to say to you before I weigh in on this issue, because I have] Never been a fan of someone fighting someone else's argument for them."

See what I'm getting at, now?

And
excuse
me for jumping on the first the best case I see when I think something is legitimately scummy, and
I need a way to get into this game
. I mean, yes, I didn't mention Fish before - because, as you all just said, I haven't been bloody
saying
much of anything! Ooh, yeah, I jump onto a case without prior mention of a person - Yes, I have ten posts, including this one! Ooh, I jump onto a case right after it appears - Yes, because right now is when I need to get into the freaking game, and I've made it explicit that I'm still trying to find my feet, and there are a bunch of posters here that I legit can't read yet, so I'm working with what has been going on in the last couple of pages! Of course I am!

And seriously, reading into my fucking figure of speech, because I used a freaking "we"? Okay, let's break this down, grade school level English, and look at the sentence:
In post 375, Maenara wrote:we're not all as comfortable with this many experienced folks yet.
If we want to make it entirely explicit what we're talking about, the full sentence would be "we're not all as comfortable with this many experienced folks yet as you, my detractors, are." The 'we', then, clearly refers to the people who aren't comfortable with it. Namely, me, though I surmise that the same is the case for the recently much-maligned Caledfwitch. I am discussing the group of players in this game as a single unit, then splitting them into two groups, namely the people who
are
comfortable with it, and those who aren't. I then proceed to place myself in the latter group. Is that sufficiently clear?

And ex-fucking-cuse me, but seriously? Five votes in two pages for this? Are you kidding me?

</rant>

Now, I'd like to grow to not suck at this game, which I evidently do 'cause I get five votes in two pages, but by the gods below, give me a chance.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 am

Post by notscience »

In post 399, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 393, notscience wrote:
In post 348, caledfwitch wrote:Vigmeat my ass. If you actually read anything in the thread you would notice my point that I am basically regigigas in large games.

Don't try to push things on others. Step up to the plate.
In post 302, caledfwitch wrote:I actually just meant the flavor. It's just... wow.
In post 300, caledfwitch wrote:Hi guys, I start very slowly in big games so you won't see any posts from me for a while.

My role PM makes me want to kick babbies.
I see it
Who should I vote
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 400, Maenara wrote:Now, I'd like to grow to not suck at this game, which I evidently do 'cause I get five votes in two pages, but by the gods below, give me a chance.
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom.
Permanent V/LA.
Agent Minnesota
Agent Minnesota
Townie
Agent Minnesota
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Agent Minnesota »

Sorry I've been missing for a few days’ time to make a post about my general feelings in this game.
1. Can someone explain to me this M45tin guy to me? I think he is a parody of some player I don't know. This isn't really game relevant but I'm just curious.
In post 367, Formerfish wrote:Generic will probably turn out town, I just don't like how he's been acting, the ate he's been displaying, and the open call to lynch him with a vt claim. I don't have much experience with him yet so I don't have much to go on other than feel with him.

Mast is just annoying.
Don't see the problem with this post if had called Generic scum then said this I would, but he had him as "scumish" and I think that makes a big difference. That seems like a normal town feeling to have. Thinking someone is more likely one alignment but to have this nagging gut feeling from their posts that causes you to hesitate.

In post 400, Maenara wrote: And ex-fucking-cuse me, but seriously? Five votes in two pages for this? Are you kidding me?

</rant>

Now, I'd like to grow to not suck at this game, which I evidently do 'cause I get five votes in two pages, but by the gods below, give me a chance.
I need to give Maenara a better look but for now this screams "noob town" though the "town" part of that is the more interchangeable word.

In post 401, notscience wrote:
In post 399, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 393, notscience wrote:
In post 348, caledfwitch wrote:Vigmeat my ass. If you actually read anything in the thread you would notice my point that I am basically regigigas in large games.

Don't try to push things on others. Step up to the plate.
In post 302, caledfwitch wrote:I actually just meant the flavor. It's just... wow.
In post 300, caledfwitch wrote:Hi guys, I start very slowly in big games so you won't see any posts from me for a while.

My role PM makes me want to kick babbies.
I see it
Who should I vote
If you don't mind I'd like you to explain this? If you're on to something the rest of town could find the info useful. I hope it's not so obvious that once I ask this all the players think I'm an idiot. Lastly why are you asking someone else who to vote?

V/LA
Until Saturday, I need to do work and read over this game again. Also I need to get my other head in here to actually make a second post.
I need to talk to my other head, but last time I check we both still weren’t too big on Garruk and were wondering where he went. Also unless I notice what everyone is talking about my second time through I much prefer a Pasch wagon to Maenara one.
It's a hydra. You're welcome.
Agent Minnesota, aka "PhDScar"
Psi, aka "Shaboostein"
Agent Minnesota
Agent Minnesota
Townie
Agent Minnesota
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:58 pm

~Minnesota
Psi, aka "Shaboostein"
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 403, Agent Minnesota wrote:If you don't mind I'd like you to explain this? If you're on to something the rest of town could find the info useful. I hope it's not so obvious that once I ask this all the players think I'm an idiot. Lastly why are you asking someone else who to vote?
Simple

They're my townread

And when I townread them

I like to sheep them because it tends to make good things happen
Agent Minnesota
Agent Minnesota
Townie
Agent Minnesota
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm

In post 405, notscience wrote:
In post 403, Agent Minnesota wrote:If you don't mind I'd like you to explain this? If you're on to something the rest of town could find the info useful. I hope it's not so obvious that once I ask this all the players think I'm an idiot. Lastly why are you asking someone else who to vote?
Simple

They're my townread

And when I townread them

I like to sheep them because it tends to make good things happen
Thanks for answering that? Though it was the least important question I had for you. Would you mind actually explaining what those three specific quotes mean?
Psi, aka "Shaboostein"
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by notscience »

She said she wasn't vigmeat and to look at what she did

I quoted her iso
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:22 pm

In post 405, notscience wrote:I like to sheep them because it tends to make good things happen
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom.

:mrgreen:
Permanent V/LA.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 341, Parama wrote:question. in what world is this the proper response, if anything that should make you want to pursue a read more. Why did you back off?
Because arguing for a lynch that everyone else disagrees with is kind of a waste of time. And, as I've said, my reads aren't terribly strong yet. Which is, of course, why I'm being wagoned.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who is giving real consideration to the game that I'm not a good candidate for scum right now. MoS is, but so few people are willing to place a vote there.

I agree that Maenara is playing careful and avoiding making any committing posts. Going back on her few reads in the same sentence she makes them? Not great. Certainly not the most worthy of a wagon, though.

I don't like her Fish vote. Did she even mention Fish beforehand? (Spoiler: no) Why this vote? But it does mainly seem like the more agressive players are just attacking the elss agressive ones, and this is forming the basis of most of the wagons thus far. Some lazy players (and possibly some scum) are joining these wagons to look active. That's kind of, you know, stupid. And unlikely to lead to a town win. (Wrote this before getting to Maenara's latest post, and her reaction pretty much confirms my position on this wagon. Attacking the players who are slower out of the gate is a terribad way to try to find scum, except maybe by looking at who sheeps such awful wagons.)

Oh look, Desperado is wagon hopping again. Guy's just full of conviction. He's one of the lazy or scum crowd. Either way, a detriment to town. Notscience is apparently taking the same route. This is not out of character for either of them.
In post 403, Agent Minnesota wrote:Also unless I notice what everyone is talking about my second time through I much prefer a Pasch wagon to Maenara one.
Hint: They're both really bad wagons.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

V/LA until Sunday or Monday evening. Happy Thanksgiving everyone
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Garruk wasn't pinging on my scumdar, probably one or both of Porkens and Agent Minnesota are scum for their terrible hops onto him. Especially Agent Minnesota with "generally acting anti-town" lol bullshit. At least Porkens came back with reasons later.
OMGUS is an easy accusation to make but Garruk was actuallt right to call them both out so it's definitely not a scum tell.
Agree that Parama is town but he needs to watch out for tunneling. Porkens and AM being scummy doesn't need much of an explanation.
This is WIFOMy but I'd guess that a town hydra would be less consistent than a scum hydra.
PD is town though and 92 is kinda funny.

116 is probably accurate
oh yes I do remember disliking 16.

That Clutch song is awesome.

more scum read goodness on popp
Desperado's probably town
Generic's probably town
Don't like T-Bone much either, too reactionary, maybe just a meta thing.
mmmm 171 is good actually

acting a tit, is that like the british version of acting a fool?
oh hey it's my first post. yeah sorry about not getting in till now. school...
I hope by the time I get to page 17 Garruk's townness will be generally accepted

General discomfort with T-Bone is a good sign, makes me not wanna worry about having to draw attention to him today.
I love playing with Pasch because scum LOVE to target him for mislynches and it's hilarious.
let's kill Agent Minnesota

dunno about porkens. Reads seem legit, I agree with them buuuut that doesn't mean anything.
meh ok PD can be town, just wrong.
seriously though, anyone calling Pasch scum just instantly makes me wanna lynch them.

Hechizeros band probably woulda gotten my 12
@Desp: see above
MoS, tell me, is mafia similar to music for you in that everything you think about it is the exact opposite of what's actually true? That would really help illuminate this game. I'm looking at your Agent Minnesota town read and Pasch vote.

I don't even know what page I'm on now but I agree with Mastin that popp looks pretty bad.
320 (by Generic) shows a willingness to take into consideration other peoples' reads that could only come from town.
At the risk of sounding insensitive, Generic's AtE just makes him seem like he genuinely has a psychological disorder, and his having a psychological disorder makes his AtE sound genuine so...
popp is opportunistic as hell
Maenara could be scum. Compare her bad AtE with Generic's town AtE

ok caught up, but I'll still have to consider scum reads and stuff.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Generic »

@evilpacman,
I'm borderline autistic so while I wouldn't exactly say I have a psychological disorder I do find the more extreme and free flowing elements of my mindset heightened on forums (dat damn internet anonymity).

So to that end a bloody good read on me, I like your style :D

But I would ask that you follow desps lead and treat me like you would treat anyone saying something you find odd or suspicious, I'm just like everyone else when it comes to these games.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

@evilpacman
Dunno, how you could call me opportunistic. Have I jumped onto someone for flimsy reasons or something?

But please continue saying I look bad, parrot Mastin all you want. It's like a person describing an apple as bad to someone else, but they don't elaborate whether it's a rotten apple or they just plain don't like fruit. Until you can provide any sort of reasons as to how I'm rotten I'll just figure that it's irrational mudslingy hogwash.

Stop being a nong and vote Maenara.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 409, Paschendale wrote:Oh look, Desperado is wagon hopping again. Guy's just full of conviction. He's one of the lazy or scum crowd. Either way, a detriment to town. Notscience is apparently taking the same route. This is not out of character for either of them.
Don't worry baby, you're still scum.

Also: "A detriment to town" are you fucking high son? If there is one thing I am not when I roll town, it is a detriment to the town. The sooner you understand this the better it's going to be for you, regardless of your alignment.
;)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

:|

I got hammered at home, and work too.
I'm V/LA until Saturday.

I'm sorry guys if I can't get this under control I'll drop.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

everyone has such ego this game
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 372, pieceofpecanpie wrote:VOTE: Maenara

I'm happy to stick my vote here. I haven't thought much of the Pasch wagon, and I feel there's at least two on it requiring more scrutiny. One of those being Maenara.

The way she sheeped onto the Pasch wagon in post 215 felt like it was done for convenience and made the added justification seem insincere. I also didn't dig the last line in post 319, why put out opinions on players and then finish with
"To summarize, my reads aren't worth the paper they ain't written on yet [...]
"? That's just fluff-posting that was dressed up to look useful.
this one was what prompted the opportunism call. Typical scum jump, wagon is getting off the ground, vote that person without any prior read of them, citing that one reason in that one post and labeling it as that one buzz word. It's textbook, really. This is very circumstantial but for the most part I like to see a progression towards a vote - especially when it's an establishing wagon - instead of just a straight vote. That's a scum move. You have no progression, I saw you ask Maenara some questions but there was no follow-up and you didn't indicate that that bothered you or shaped your read in any way nor make any attempt to follow up. So yeah.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by Formerfish »

You guys are silly. I'll get back to this game and address my fawning fans when I can. At the moment I have some more pressing endeavors that require my attention, and honestly you small minded fucks barely register. Toodles!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 416, evilpacman18 wrote:everyone has such ego this game
Facts are facts yo
;)
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 417, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 372, pieceofpecanpie wrote:VOTE: Maenara

I'm happy to stick my vote here. I haven't thought much of the Pasch wagon, and I feel there's at least two on it requiring more scrutiny. One of those being Maenara.

The way she sheeped onto the Pasch wagon in post 215 felt like it was done for convenience and made the added justification seem insincere. I also didn't dig the last line in post 319, why put out opinions on players and then finish with
"To summarize, my reads aren't worth the paper they ain't written on yet [...]
"? That's just fluff-posting that was dressed up to look useful.
this one was what prompted the opportunism call. Typical scum jump, wagon is getting off the ground, vote that person without any prior read of them, citing that one reason in that one post and labeling it as that one buzz word. It's textbook, really. This is very circumstantial but for the most part I like to see a progression towards a vote - especially when it's an establishing wagon - instead of just a straight vote. That's a scum move. You have no progression, I saw you ask Maenara some questions but there was no follow-up and you didn't indicate that that bothered you or shaped your read in any way nor make any attempt to follow up. So yeah.
Nice reach, but fail...

I provided
two
reasons, as you can see I commented on Maenara's #215 and #319,
three
reasons if you count me not liking the Pasch wagon and wanting to scrutinise players on it.

That's two or three reasons more than you've given for reading scum in my posts. Instead you've just parroted someone else and shown no working to your reads.

I don't believe it's always necessary to provide post by post commentary of everyone or establish a gradual buildup towards voting them. I think it's perfectly reasonable to not like posts by a player and not immediately declare it in thread, or to find that one of their posts tips the balance on your reads, just like it's reasonable to change an opinion on a player as the game goes on. Having said that, instead of hollow accusations you could always ask more elaborate questions on why I'm voting her. You could completely disagree with what I'm saying and think it's complete scum-talk. Or perhaps at some point you'll see reason and give Maenara's wagon a shot a la
"Maenara could be scum. Compare her bad AtE with Generic's town AtE"
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:12 am

Post by Generic »

In post 418, Formerfish wrote:You guys are silly. I'll get back to this game and address my fawning fans when I can. At the moment I have some more pressing endeavors that require my attention, and honestly you small minded fucks barely register. Toodles!

Desp, next time please don't fight the arguement for people like this. Many thanks.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:27 am

In post 414, Desperado wrote:
In post 409, Paschendale wrote:Oh look, Desperado is wagon hopping again. Guy's just full of conviction. He's one of the lazy or scum crowd. Either way, a detriment to town. Notscience is apparently taking the same route. This is not out of character for either of them.
Don't worry baby, you're still scum.

Also: "A detriment to town" are you fucking high son? If there is one thing I am not when I roll town, it is a detriment to the town. The sooner you understand this the better it's going to be for you, regardless of your alignment.
I wouldn't worry about it. We've already established pretty thoroughly that Pasch doesn't know the meaning of the term "wagon hopping". If he insists on continuing to be scum, I only have one piece of advice, Desp:

Forget the insecticide, bring on the nukes!
Permanent V/LA.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 421, Generic wrote:
In post 418, Formerfish wrote:You guys are silly. I'll get back to this game and address my fawning fans when I can. At the moment I have some more pressing endeavors that require my attention, and honestly you small minded fucks barely register. Toodles!

Desp, next time please don't fight the arguement for people like this. Many thanks.
"People like this?" Be very careful about what you say next.

PS I will defend who I want to defend when I want to defend them. If you've got a problem you can get in line behind Pasch.
;)
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:58 am

Post by Matias »

Koji Kondo - Throwback Galaxy (Submitted by UltimaAvalon)

Song Contest 16: Though an actual video game track of a remix of an actual video game track, it's made to remind people of the simpler days of the N64 (and remasters it quite beautifully; the soundtrack to both Super Mario Galaxy games are superb).

Vote Count 1.10Maenara (5) - 50 Shades of Purple, Formerfish, pieceofpecanpie, Desperado, Generic
Paschendale (4) - caledfwitch, PranaDevil, Mastermind of Sin, Parama
Garruk Relentless (2) - SpyreX, Agent Minnesota
PranaDevil (3) - Garruk Relentless, Porkens, Paschendale
50 Shades of Purple (2) - T-Bone, notscience
Mastermind of Sin (1) - Sajin
Agent Minnesota (1) - M45t1n
Formerfish (1) - Maenara

Not Voting (1) - evilpacman18

The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday, December 6th, 10:00 EST. With 20 people alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

V/LAs:

-Mastermind of Sin (11/22-12/1)
-M45t1n (weekends, 11/28-12/2)
-Garruk Relentless (11/26-12/1)
-T-Bone (11/26-12/1)
-Agent Minnesota (11/28-11/30)
-Porkens (11/28-12/2)
-SpyreX (11/28-11/30)

Sajin is being replaced.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”