Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by geists »

Brian Skies

Spoiler: QuoteWall ahead
I have a fair amount of experiential meta with Brian, and Nati was on Brian's scum team in the Cash Cabd mini normal game. My impression from that game (and from his two town games that we played) is that Brian tends to start games a little weakly no matter what his alignment. He seemed to try hard to get along as scum, and I didn't see that in his town games.
In post 12, Brian Skies wrote:
VOTE: Cabd

Before he nightkills me.
^^ I liked this post at the time it hit the thread, though I did get a slight sense of buddying from it. But, Cabd seems like an odd choice of player for newish scum to buddy.
In post 62, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 21, Kazekirimaru wrote:Ohai.

VOTE: Brian Skies

There was a clear RVS wagon forming and you avoided it masterfully.
Was continuing a discussion from the sign-up thread.
In post 21, Kazekirimaru wrote:This vote be srs bsnz, brah.
That's cool.

What have you learned?
In post 35, Cabd wrote:Note my lack of vote on the KA wagon.
Hai. Why does this post contradict what you just said previously?
^^ Stuff I didn't like.

1. Seriously defending his rvs vote.

2. Taking the vote on himself seriously "What have you learned?"

I did like that he questioned Cabd, but the contradiction was nonexistant.
In post 65, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 63, pieguyn wrote:this seems really weird. why are you being so defensive about an RVS vote? mb as a not-so-serious post in RVS itself it'd be fine, but you seem to be seriously defending it. scared much?
What about that vote is defensive?
In post 64, Kazekirimaru wrote:It wasn't really serious. I thought the wording was indicative of that.

Though your reaction to it was very real! You seem a bit bothered, eh? :3
My initial reaction was your vote giving me the warm fuzzies.

Now that I have learned the truth, not so much.
^^ The "What about that vote is defensive?" question feels pretty perfunctory and sort of continues the wrong-feelingness of his reaction to Kaze's vote. Same with his response to Kaze. It just doesn't feel like a town reaction to a vote, and it's a very noncommital reaction to people reacting to his reaction.
In post 68, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 67, pieguyn wrote:the fact that it was a RV. it's natural people are going to RV with weird reasons, so IMO it's defensive because you seem to be really taking it seriously. 0.0

not sure what you mean by reasoning, if that doesn't explain it can you elaborate plz?
I didn't really care that he voted me. I was just giving him my reasoning for my RVS because what he said wasn't true.
In post 67, pieguyn wrote:what's your opinion on Kaze?
He likes wagons. He's pretty much doing what I'd expect from him.
More low-key "nothing to see here" feeling reaction.
In post 72, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 70, Kazekirimaru wrote:So, you scum?
I'm town. You?
Such a lack of engagement.
In post 75, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 73, pieguyn wrote:exactly why I think you're being defensive. his vote was a RV just like any other, so why do you feel the need to say it's not true? it's not a serious accusation. 0.0
So you're saying I can't respond to it?
In post 73, pieguyn wrote:are you initially leaning town or scum on Kaze?
Right now, probably town.
Look at all the questions so far in this quote wall. They are not scumhunting questions. They are attention deflecting questions.
In post 76, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 74, Kazekirimaru wrote:Start off by telling me who you're looking at for scum thus far.
Nothing jumps out at me. Maybe Cabd.

Try again later.
Finally! Scumhunting! Oh wait. "Try again later".
In post 184, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 80, pieguyn wrote:also, what's your opinion on KA?
Okay, so I misread this the first time around and thought you were referring to Kaze. KA's early push against Mac makes me laugh and I think that a push against either you or Marquis would have been more interesting. He already explained his reasoning for not pushing Marquis though.
In post 105, Kalimar wrote:What about his reply here didn't give you the 'warm fuzzies'?
Was hoping it was a serious vote that had the intention of moving the game forward and be something I could use to sort people.

Alas, the RVS stage continues to disappoint me.
In post 108, Kazekirimaru wrote:What do you think of the KA wagon?
Useless. The lack of counterwagon bothers me.
In post 128, pieguyn wrote:nothing's really fkin happened yet. wait till something big happens and then I'll show up :>
This sounds like something I would say.
In post 132, pieguyn wrote:what's your opinion on Sakura?
:shrugs: Sakura's in this little pocket of people that I don't like to read.
In post 134, pieguyn wrote:atm he's leaning scum for the reason I pointed out previously.
:roll:
In post 141, geists wrote:I don't have an opinion about his play in Stack the Deck. I didn't play the game and haven't meta'd it.
If you want to see strong townreads get mislynched for stupid reasons, it's an interesting read.
In post 144, Sakura Hana wrote:in mismatched and stacking the deck he played differently but the vibes i get this game is more of stacking the deck.
Those games are like polar opposites in terms of my seriousness level.
In post 152, pieguyn wrote:also, Nacho isn't even in this game and there's no votes on Kalimar. can you elaborate plz
Probably something to do with lurker prejudice and attacking anything not moving enough.
In post 159, pieguyn wrote:why didn't you call me out for keeping my vote on KA while scumreading you?
Wondering if this is also related to me somehow.
In post 162, pieguyn wrote:I was scumreading her all the way till endgame and that was one of my reasons, so I dunno if this is alignment indicative for her
Was I not fighting the wagon hard enough that game?
In post 166, thenewearth wrote:Meta just gets in the way of accurate reads
I agree.
Ok, so this quote wall. I thought there would probably be something in here that would give a sense of what he's thinking about other players. The highlights are that RVS continues to disappoint him because it's not giving him anything to build reads from. And I have to ask...well, why not do something more? Interactions? Questions? Observations? No. It's all been reactions to stuff posted by others.

KA wagon is useless because no counterwagon. Aaand...where's his vote? Be the counterwagon you wish to see.

He passes on the opportunity to post something about Sakura.

Some comments about his play in other games, and I get no sense how they are supposed to illuminate his play in this game.

And something sort of dismissive of pressure on lurkers? I wonder why?

And a dismissal of meta.

Here's an ISO from the mismatching flavors micro game, to give you reasons why Brian's play so far feels incredibly bland, unemotional, disengaged and above all, scummy.

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

So much for out-apathy-ing me.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Bert »

you forgot me, more apathy-ed people down yonder
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Bert »

oh wait I'm not in this game right nvm
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by geists »

In post 376, Cabd wrote:So much for out-apathy-ing me.
I'll try for a relapse.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 375, geists wrote:
Brian Skies

I have a fair amount of experiential meta with Brian, and Nati was on Brian's scum team in the Cash Cabd mini normal game. My impression from that game (and from his two town games that we played) is that Brian tends to start games a little weakly no matter what his alignment. He seemed to try hard to get along as scum, and I didn't see that in his town games.

Before he nightkills me.
^^ I liked this post at the time it hit the thread, though I did get a slight sense of buddying from it. But, Cabd seems like an odd choice of player for newish scum to buddy.

That's cool.

What have you learned?
^^ Stuff I didn't like.

In post 63, pieguyn wrote:this seems really weird. why are you being so defensive about an RVS vote? mb as a not-so-serious post in RVS itself it'd be fine, but you seem to be seriously defending it. scared much?
In post 64, Kazekirimaru wrote:It wasn't really serious. I thought the wording was indicative of that.

^^ The "What about that vote is defensive?" question feels pretty perfunctory and sort of continues the wrong-feelingness of his reaction to Kaze's vote. Same with his response to Kaze. It just doesn't feel like a town reaction to a vote, and it's a very noncommital reaction to people reacting to his reaction.
In post 67, pieguyn wrote:the fact that it was a RV. it's natural people are going to RV with weird reasons, so IMO it's defensive because you seem to be really taking it seriously. 0.0

not sure what you mean by reasoning, if that doesn't explain it can you elaborate plz?
I didn't really care that he voted me. I was just giving him my reasoning for my RVS because what he said wasn't true.
I'm town. You?
In post 73, pieguyn wrote:exactly why I think you're being defensive. his vote was a RV just like any other, so why do you feel the need to say it's not true? it's not a serious accusation. 0.0
Look at all the questions so far in this quote wall. They are not scumhunting questions. They are attention deflecting questions.
In post 74, Kazekirimaru wrote:Start off by telling me who you're looking at for scum thus far.

Try again later.
Okay, so I misread this the first time around and thought you were referring to Kaze. KA's early push against Mac makes me laugh and I think that a push against either you or Marquis would have been more interesting. He already explained his reasoning for not pushing Marquis though.
In post 105, Kalimar wrote:What about his reply here didn't give you the 'warm fuzzies'?
Was hoping it was a serious vote that had the intention of moving the game forward and be something I could use to sort people.

In post 128, pieguyn wrote:nothing's really fkin happened yet. wait till something big happens and then I'll show up :>
In post 134, pieguyn wrote:atm he's leaning scum for the reason I pointed out previously.
In post 141, geists wrote:I don't have an opinion about his play in Stack the Deck. I didn't play the game and haven't meta'd it.
If you want to see strong townreads get mislynched for stupid reasons, it's an interesting read.
In post 144, Sakura Hana wrote:in mismatched and stacking the deck he played differently but the vibes i get this game is more of stacking the deck.
In post 152, pieguyn wrote:also, Nacho isn't even in this game and there's no votes on Kalimar. can you elaborate plz
Probably something to do with lurker prejudice and attacking anything not moving enough.
In post 159, pieguyn wrote:why didn't you call me out for keeping my vote on KA while scumreading you?
In post 162, pieguyn wrote:I was scumreading her all the way till endgame and that was one of my reasons, so I dunno if this is alignment indicative for her
I agree.
Ok, so this quote wall. I thought there would probably be something in here that would give a sense of what he's thinking about other players. The highlights are that RVS continues to disappoint him because it's not giving him anything to build reads from. And I have to ask...well, why not do something more? Interactions? Questions? Observations? No. It's all been reactions to stuff posted by others.

KA wagon is useless because no counterwagon. Aaand...where's his vote? Be the counterwagon you wish to see.

Some comments about his play in other games, and I get no sense how they are supposed to illuminate his play in this game.

And a dismissal of meta.

Here's an ISO from the mismatching flavors micro game, to give you reasons why Brian's play so far feels incredibly bland, unemotional, disengaged and above all, scummy.

Though his posts this game have been leaving much to be desired, they can easily be attributed to a lack of interest. I also don't quite see the strong parallels you apparently see between this game and the ISO you provided. In Mismatched, he's not only non-committal and lacking effort, but he was downright fluffy and almost whimsical.(e.g. opining about his hatred of dancing and blatantly buddying Bert for no apparent reason.)

Basically I'm saying his play here is indeed poor but it doesn't look identical to his provided scumplay examples to me.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 378, Bert wrote:oh wait I'm not in this game right nvm
BERT

hi

What do you think of the me v. pie and Sakura stuffs earlier? How about the case on Brian?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 373, Cabd wrote:Wait bert is in this game?
QFT.

Bert's been such a non-entity here i actually forgot he was in this game.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Bert »

yeah I've been gone this past week and I'm not caught up yet
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Mac »

luv u allzxx
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

Oh man please tell me mac is drunk. MAC COME LOVE US
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by geists »

In post 380, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 375, geists wrote:
Brian Skies

Before he nightkills me.

That's cool.

What have you learned?
^^ Stuff I didn't like.

I'm town. You?

Try again later.

I agree.

And a dismissal of meta.

Though his posts this game have been leaving much to be desired, they can easily be attributed to a lack of interest. I also don't quite see the strong parallels you apparently see between this game and the ISO you provided. In Mismatched, he's not only non-committal and lacking effort, but he was downright fluffy and almost whimsical.(e.g. opining about his hatred of dancing and blatantly buddying Bert for no apparent reason.)

Basically I'm saying his play here is indeed poor but it doesn't look identical to his provided scumplay examples to me.
No, you're entirely missing the point of his ISO in the mismatching game. In that game, even though he was picking up votes and FoSes and being challenged, he
cared
and he scumhunted, and he wound up a strong town read to most of the players as a result. His reactions to RVS shark-in-the-water activities in this game don't answer suspicions, they deflect them.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Bert »

WOW

Everyone is drunk but me unless Nat is here

I feel so......

sober!
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by geists »

In post 374, Bert wrote:No, I'm just here raising cain...

I mean...RAISING A CANE......*twirls cane*
If this is a legitimate softclaim I should lynch you right now.
In post 378, Bert wrote:oh wait I'm not in this game right nvm
You got some stiff competition in the form of the God-King of Lurking, MafiaSSK.

Now Cabd I'm kinda tired and delirious, but I think you're fakeclaiming and the reason you refuse to disclose flavor details is that you know I'll see through them. I find any sort of 1-sided deaths sketchy from GIF, especially in a theme so...vogue as Ace Attorney.

Sakura, why are you sheeping Pie? I find it suspicious.

SSK, I need you to be on-point this game and your first quest is to give me a reads list so I can see if you fell for the bait.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Cabd »

Not fakeclaiming, sorry to disappoint you. I could soft my character name but aren't there others that would get it? And it would require me to be sure you were town. Oh, and also, it's not one sided. All I'm saying though.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 388, geists wrote:Sakura, why are you sheeping Pie? I find it suspicious.
Because I find his case on Kaze quite convincing and you case on Brian unconvincing.

Speaking of flavor claims i've already softed a long time ago, but prob. only someone with good flavor knowledge like Nat will get it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 388, geists wrote:If this is a legitimate softclaim I should lynch you right now.
it's not lol u guys one of u is n english major and one is like into analysis you knwo what

so i made up the corniest thing i can remember happening to me this semester

and that is when I interpreted raising cain which someone said to me.... as raising a cane.

and so then my friend wrote that on the blackboard and scoffed for like 5 minutes
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by geists »

In post 389, Cabd wrote:Not fakeclaiming, sorry to disappoint you. I could soft my character name but aren't there others that would get it? And it would require me to be sure you were town. Oh, and also, it's not one sided. All I'm saying though.
Okay, this is my little diatribe, but why are people so afraid to flavorclaim? So few games actually care about flavor nowadays. I mean, I've softed my rolename thrice in my like five posts this game. Moreover, you specifically being resistant is curious especially since you know how I work.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Bert »

how could that even be a softclaim?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

You wouldnt imagine the ammount of interesting characters in the ace attorney series.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Bert »

Hey does anyone else here also not know anything significant about Ace Attorney? <3
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by geists »

In post 390, Sakura Hana wrote:Because I find his case on Kaze quite convincing and you case on Brian unconvincing.

Speaking of flavor claims i've already softed a long time ago, but prob. only someone with good flavor knowledge like Nat will get it.
What is unconvincing about it? I'm still really confused to the kaze wagon, he's clearly just being obstinate.

Also your claim was p good and p believable.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by geists »

In post 393, Bert wrote:how could that even be a softclaim?
Quercus Alba.

And who has the English degree and who is the analyst in this hydra?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

I could direct you to gif's avatar being a hottie (bitches with green hair etc), but let's keep this game relevant, shall we?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Bert »

who in the world is that *goes to Google*

Um.... I wasn't referrign to either of you about the english major thing but

I'll go with you FFERY as your answer, mostly because you are done with school! <3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”