Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 247, emeraldemon wrote:# - this is actually the only post from emogirl I don't like. The rest of it is null.
What don't you like about it?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 247, emeraldemon wrote:Ok Maestro is obvtown now
:neutral:
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:54 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 251, Maestro wrote:
In post 247, emeraldemon wrote:Ok Maestro is obvtown now
:neutral:
I'm kidding. That NOPE did make me laugh out loud though :lol:
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 250, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 247, emeraldemon wrote:# - this is actually the only post from emogirl I don't like. The rest of it is null.
What don't you like about it?
I doubt the vote () was just for drama, especially sense she's been serious about scumreading you ever since. Hard to say what to call it exactly, but maybe revisionist history / not owning up to intent. If she wants to vote you she should vote without qualifying it, in my opinion.

But that alone doesn't make her scum necessarily.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Tebow »

In post 236, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 208, Tebow wrote:Bulbazak's harping on the use of the phrase 'actual case' to derive the idea that emogirl has admitted she wants to vote town is just craplogic in extremis.
It's a very odd and unnatural way to phrase things. I could understand if she said she saw a bad case on a townread, or if she said she was watching the development of the Garmr wagon looking for opportunistic scum, but no, she said she was
preparing
, meaning premeditation, to vote whoever provided an
actual
, i.e. genuine (something that scum can't do), case on Garmr. Say it's crap logic all you want to, but that one sentence provided a valuable insight into her thought process and showed scum motivation in her intent.
OK: It's craplogic. 'Actual case' and 'Genuine town motivation' are not two things that a reasonable person acting in good faith would think are the same. Clearly, 'actual case' is to be contrasted with 'pressure vote' or 'random vote,' not 'fake case.' Your mindset reads like "Can I find a definition of 'actual case' that would make her sound scummy, then imply that's what she meant even though it clearly wasn't?" Because, seriously, what scum would actually say 'I want to attack town players?'
Bulbazak wrote:
In post 208, Tebow wrote: Maybe he's just bad enough to think that two players derping around in pre-game is an actual indication of a scum link, but the alternative hypothesis, which is more charitable about his ability and less about his motives, seems totally plausible.
Something felt off about the interaction, and it made me wonder if we were looking at scum theatre. And as far as scum theatre goes, pregame is the safest place to pull it off.
Can you give me any examples of 'scum theater' you've seen in the past? 'Pregame is the safest place to pull it off' is just an assertion - seems to me pre-game is the absolute worst time to distance, since it draws attention to/makes people pissed off with both of you, and it doesn't actually work as distancing because you're not really putting your partner at risk. Empirically, non-aligned players derp about together in pre-game all the time. Calling it 'scum theater' just sounds like a cheap excuse to sling some mud to me.

Emogirl seems to have clear, if possibly misguided, town motivation flowing through all her actions.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 254, Tebow wrote:Emogirl seems to have clear, if possibly misguided, town motivation flowing through all her actions.
...lol
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Maenara »

In post 245, OhGodMyLife wrote:Maenara, have you policy lynched (or tried to policy lynch) before as town? Can you link to a game where that has happened?
I like PLs.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Garmr »

I got the ball rolling but not in the way I wanted to get everyone involved everyone contributing but oh well I got some town and scum reads but now people don't value opinion.
# 1- garmr: "if one is scum the other is not of the same alignment." I dunno, are you sure?
# 2- Not sure if I like this vote either... or the waffly townread on me.
# - Ok Maestro is obvtown now
# 3- garmr again, you vote emogirl but you want to go back to arguing with aegor?

So... 170 aside, I don't really see anything scum in emogirl's posts. I don't think she's intentionally confusing, I think she's just confused. Not feeling great about garmr though.

vote: Garmr

@garmr I'd like to hear more about your emogirl vote please. Do you agree with bulba and maestro? Why do you think they are town?

pre-edit: i like you, ohgodmylife. Can we be friends?
I can easily anwser this
1.would a scum buddy bust so hard on another this early on in the way bulb did? I don't think so.

2.a What's not to like about my vote about think from my perspective your town and someone who's done the biggest push against you starts defending you in such a way it corrupts your defense, sets you up in such a way if you get lynched she gets the town cred.

2.b Ok i got my town read from questioning you from post 81 and 94 so the town read didn't come from no where and this shows I been considering where to place you. I know this wasn't the question you asked but you seem to think it's a town read I just slapped onto you for little reason.

3. This one is super easy and shouldn't even be a question your asking because you should know how I am going to answer. I have more than 1 scum read, in this game there are multiple scum I'm going to vote who I think my scum reads are.

I have question for anyone on my wagon.

What's my scum motive?

1.I have talked to everyone, I gave my opinions freely, Generating mass conversation

2.I have made mistakes like confusing peoples votes and posts. Pushing people on them before I realized they were mistakes. I have admitted to them and face palmed at my own stupidity.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 64, emogirl123 wrote:
Okay sorry guys. From this point on, I will put my sarcasm in italics for easy comprehension.
@emeraldemon, note that the word
drama
was in italics and not meant to be taken seriously. I can't really recall why I said it, but it was probably to piss some people off.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

I haven't really looked into Maenara's meta so take this with a grain of salt.
In post 232, Maenara wrote:Your posts aren't doing anything for town. You're voting for the person attacking you, for crying out loud. Not pushing anyone, not looking around, just spamming the game and then wondering why people are voting for you.
This post is pretty bad because it discredits what was actually happening. Instinct tells me that scum would be aware of such issues prior to posting something like this since it was obvious that my wagon was slowing down and it is comments like this that makes the mob lynch happy.

Someone with a meta read on Maenara should probably comment on this, but if her wagon ever builds, I suspect it will be a misdirection.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I would support a Maenara lynch
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

Just to add to the above, I doubt it is to play her own meta to her advantage. She linked some games where she did something similar calling a player a VI, then proceed to suggesting a policy lynch. It is the similar situation here. I don't see why scum Maenara would attempt to play her town meta as scum in such a way where the targeted player would never get lynched and she would receive scrutiny from anyone that knows that a policy lynch means.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 259, emogirl123 wrote:This post is pretty bad because it discredits what was actually happening. Instinct tells me that scum would be aware of such issues prior to posting something like this since it was obvious that my wagon was slowing down and it is comments like this that makes the mob lynch happy.

Someone with a meta read on Maenara should probably comment on this,
but if her wagon ever builds, I suspect it will be a misdirection.
So...she's discrediting you but can't be Scum for it because Scum never try to blatantly discredit people, which, coupled with your supposedly "slowing" wagon means that any switch to Maenara is misdirection...?

What's the point of even making post #259?

P-Edit @OGML: you never answered #246 AFAIK - why is Garmr > emo?
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

That post couldn't have come from a scum mindset. Town makes bad emotional posts when they are annoyed with another player. Scum hesitates and consider if what they are posting will be subject to scrutiny. This is a weak read but I don't want our attention to diverge from Bulbazak.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 263, emogirl123 wrote:Town makes bad emotional posts when they are annoyed with another player. Scum hesitates and consider if what they are posting will be subject to scrutiny.
...please go back to the Road to Rome if you think this is true even most of the time...because it's really not...
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Maestro »

Don't worry, my attention has not been diverted. I just need you to understand that what you just said is a really, REALLY bad basis for a read.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

The irony is, Maenara can be our default policy lynch. I don't see the reason for multiple people to point out her posts are bad.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 264, Maestro wrote:...please go back to the Road to Rome if you think this is true even most of the time...because it's really not...
I was being generous because I judged her personality in about 10 seconds and labeled it as a town read. It was a counterexample to show that the post could have came from a town mindset. I just like to be over the top and called it a town read. Sorry if this thought is subpar in a Large Normal.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 262, Maestro wrote:P-Edit @OGML: you never answered #246 AFAIK - why is Garmr > emo?
To restate, because Emogirl is an easy, lazy wagon attracting easy, lazy votes, the majority of which aren't even trying to state a case as to why she could be scum. And despite my disagreement with some of her positions I'm reading her as town.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

Can you explain your stance on Garmr?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Aww man I was really hoping we could work together in this game ABR. emo is so town, what is this vote about?
In post 230, Maenara wrote:@Sotty7: Really?
Yeah you're scum. I'm happy.
In post 245, OhGodMyLife wrote:Whoever brought up multiball, and whoever followed that up with the big discussion about town win percentages in various size games, and whoever else participated in that circus side-show of a conversation, none of these things even remotely resemble scumhunting. It's all white noise that looks on the surface like helpful activity but is actually just a fine place for scum to hide. I'll have to go back and read it all later because my eyes glazed over the first time. I believe Sotty already called this out. Listen to her.

Emogirl wagon is like flypaper for easy, lazy votes.
Maenara, have you policy lynched (or tried to policy lynch) before as town? Can you link to a game where that has happened?
Albert, hi. Nice to see you. Speak up.
NS, hi. Am I interpreting your reference to "Maestro's townbloc" as a townread on Maestro correctly? If so, where are you getting that townread from?
More importantly the emogirl wagon is drawing votes away from garmr, which despite emo's insistence on townreading him (and saying that defending him is defending herself, which it isn't) is still the wagon we should actually be pursuing.
Yup yup. Needed to be double posted.
In post 260, OhGodMyLife wrote:I would support a Maenara lynch
Way ahead of you.
In post 266, emogirl123 wrote:The irony is, Maenara can be our default policy lynch. I don't see the reason for multiple people to point out her posts are bad.
Not policy, not at all. Seriously, why use that word here?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Maenara has taken the ultimate easy stance with emo, policy lynch! Get out of here with this crap. We're not lynching scum based on who is the most annoying.

emo is so earnest and posting so much I just can't get a scum vibe. Her tone in many posts has annoyed me but that doesn't make her scum at all. It's the way she is trying to come across as a experienced mafia player, when she clearly doesn't seem to be. Argh it's hard to explain exactly what I mean, but that is the closest I can come up with.

Maestro has gotten swept up in emo's little cloud and I think it has clouded him. But his interaction has given all these other people the shield to jump onto emo with no reasoning. It's crap.

Garmr is probably town as well really. There is a few things that ping me funny, him asking what his hyposcum motivation is for one. But he seems waaaaay too naive right now with how he is posting to be scum. Just another low hanging fruit for people to pick at.

I'm seeing a lot of town kicking up a dust cloud for scum to ooze into and hide behind. Lets stop that.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:Maenara has taken the ultimate easy stance with emo, policy lynch! Get out of here with this crap. We're not lynching scum based on who is the most annoying.
Maenara's vote doesn't seem odd. ABR's does. Slandaar noticed.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Most people paying attention noticed, but really this is mostly ABR being ABR.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

I was looking forward to playing with him cuz I'd heard about him but he's posted like 5 words so WTF are people talking about again?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”