Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.12

Chevre (7) - OhGodMyLife, Maestro, Sotty7, Aegor, Nobody Special, Albert B. Rampage, The Fonz
emogirl123 (3) - Bulbazak, Brian Skies, kabooooom
Garmr (2) - emeraldemon, The Goodfather
The Goodfather (2) - Slandaar, Zdenek
Albert B. Rampage (1) - yessiree
Brian Skies (1) - Garmr
Slandaar (1) - Chevre

Not voting (2) - Acidic_TACO, emogirl123

With nineteen players alive, it takes ten votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Tuesday, 4th February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-04 20:00:00)).

Note:

The Fonz replaces his alter ego Tebow.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:26 am

Post by yessiree »

Acidic_TACO, why don't you do something with your vote, do you really have no scumread you want to pursue, or are you still working out that furball in your head?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 587, Chevre wrote:Bulbazak's opening vote on emeraldemon is very fishy given how emeraldemon had just claimed he was new and I don't completely understand what he said that could've been said in confirmation.
Emerald's intro of "Oh hey, I'm new!" could have been said during pregame. It's not like we had limited time during that phase of the game. Instead, he avoided the pregame and prefaced his first actual post with that, which I felt was to set a standard by which we would lower our guard in regards to him. However, I later got a townread from him, so I no longer feel this is a valid point.
In post 588, Chevre wrote:Bulbazak seems to disregard his altercation with Tebow as an attack when really they were back-and-forthing for pages?
Because I realized it was simply a difference in play style, and since I believe that Fonz is town, although terribly wrong and misguided, I didn't see the point in dragging out an argument that would come to nothing and distract from scumhunting.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

For not reading the thread; for not contributing substantially (yeah, pot, kettle, whatever); and for having fewer posts than I do:

unvote

Vote: Acidic Taco
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:31 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 594, Slandaar wrote:
In post 582, OhGodMyLife wrote:Slandaar is on my scum shortlist too
:(
In post 583, OhGodMyLife wrote: and absolutely avoiding the major issues with his vote parked uselessly on a nonstarter
Why is he a non-starter?
In post 589, Chevre wrote: it just feels outside of that he's done relatively nothing
3 walls; conclusion; 'lets lynch a lurker'.

:neutral:

also; Poor Fonzy.
All I'm getting frorm this is "In conclusion, let's try to disingenuously dismiss all criticism out of hand."
Unvote, Vote: Slandaar

Also point two above ^ is textbook straw man, straight up to snipping away the point he didn't want to deal with. But to answer the question you thought would let you avoid the rest of it, its a non starter because you put your vote there and prompty did nothing at all to get it started. Zdenek making a case on the same person and actually trying to do something about it does not absolve your sin of hiding on the sidelines sitting out all major discussion.

Chevre is town not for suddenly trying hard (that really should have happened without needing a major wagon to give you motivation) but because of the swarm of people already trying to lay blame for a chevre mislynch at the feet of ABR et. al. Somebody who *knows* he's town is feeding that fire.

NS is also very likely scum. That acidic taco vote is
bad[/b]. Once again, I wish I had more lynches in a day.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 604, OhGodMyLife wrote: straight up to snipping away the point he didn't want to deal with.
I assume this is meaning;
In post 604, OhGodMyLife wrote: does not absolve your sin of hiding on the sidelines sitting out all major discussion.
Alright then I won't 'ignore' it; What exactly do you mean by sitting out all major discussions? Could you tell me GF's contribution to these major discussions?
In post 604, OhGodMyLife wrote: But to answer the question you thought would let you avoid the rest of it, its a non starter because you put your vote there and prompty did nothing at all to get it started.
That doesn't mean its a non-starter just means I didn't push the wagon. What is the difference between that and lets just take a completely random example; GF's vote?
In post 604, OhGodMyLife wrote: Somebody who *knows* he's town is feeding that fire.
Who are we talking about here?
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Regarding yessiree's text format, if you copy paste it into a text editor, you get nice colours. I assume he did it like that because he was at work, and it looked like work lmao.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Aegor »

Went through ISOs. Slandaar, Acidic_TACO, and The Goodfather are all spectacularly unhelpful. Would be fine lynching any of them, among others.

Could someone please explain (even like 1-2 sentences with links to posts) why Bulba is scum? I have not really seen a coherent case, but perhaps I missed it.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 601, yessiree wrote:Acidic_TACO, why don't you do something with your vote, do you really have no scumread you want to pursue, or are you still working out that furball in your head?
I do have a scum read but its just a hunch right now...I'll work on it and contribute after I get back from my shift at the food bank around ~7pm pacific time.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 607, Aegor wrote:Could someone please explain (even like 1-2 sentences with links to posts) why Bulba is scum?
I'll do this in a bit. Going out again. tl;dr, he chose a easy wagon to hop on (garmr) lines up garmr + emogirl for primary suspects using what was clearly bullshit. gets called out on it by emogirl. continues to spout out nonsense (bulba v tebow) ever since with no contribution to anything else. I'll try to post something tonight. I promise.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:34 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 608, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 601, yessiree wrote:Acidic_TACO, why don't you do something with your vote, do you really have no scumread you want to pursue, or are you still working out that furball in your head?
I do have a scum read but its just a hunch right now...I'll work on it and contribute after I get back from my shift at the food bank around ~7pm pacific time.
In post 609, emogirl123 wrote:
In post 607, Aegor wrote:Could someone please explain (even like 1-2 sentences with links to posts) why Bulba is scum?
I'll do this in a bit. Going out again. tl;dr, he chose a easy wagon to hop on (garmr) lines up garmr + emogirl for primary suspects using what was clearly bullshit. gets called out on it by emogirl. continues to spout out nonsense (bulba v tebow) ever since with no contribution to anything else. I'll try to post something tonight. I promise.
Good. I'll probably be too busy playing heartstone but I'll remember to stop by and see if you two can hold true to your promises
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 592, The Fonz wrote:It embodies the 'Damn the torpedoes' kind of attitude that I expect from town ABR.
I don't see him not saying that as scum, but for the time being, I don't care that much.

In post 588, Chevre wrote:Zdenek: a lynch on emogirl, on anyone really, would give town a player whose alignment is confirmed, plus whatever happens during the night. Then they can look at the relationships those players had with the living players and draw out connections. If there are dead scum you could look for buddies, obviously; if there are town it's a little more difficult as you have to A) look for people who were suspicious of them but also B) suss out who is just misguided town as opposed to opportunistic scum.
I'd be far happier if you got into specifics about the sort of conclusions you would draw if Emogirl flipped down rather then speaking in generalities.

I really wish that I felt strongly about Chèvre after his walls, but I don't. I don't like that he calls things interesting or weird, rather than scummy, and I don't find the effort townie.
In post 602, Bulbazak wrote:I later got a townread from him, so I no longer feel this is a valid point.
From what?
In post 603, Nobody Special wrote:For not reading the thread; for not contributing substantially (yeah, pot, kettle, whatever); and for having fewer posts than I do:

unvote

Vote: Acidic Taco
Has your take on Chèvre changed?
In post 604, OhGodMyLife wrote:the swarm of people already trying to lay blame for a chevre mislynch at the feet of ABR et. al. Somebody who *knows* he's town is feeding that fire.
Bulbazak and Yessiree? Any others?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Also, The Goodfather is ignoring this game while posting in others, so hey ho let's go.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

sup guys I have a few things I want to do. let me get a vote out first VOTE: maestro
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 585, Zdenek wrote:Sotty, why are you town reading ABR?
I'm not anymore actually. I really loved Yessir's push on him, he responded somewhat reasonably but I'm looking to see what's next from him. I don't buy the "big game slow start" excuse he tried to pull before either.
In post 596, Huntress wrote:
In post 593, The Fonz wrote:Mod, since it's kinda pointless now, can I replace my own alt?
Yes, that's fine with me. :)
I remember Tebow was an alt, but I couldn't remember who's. I was thinking CDB.

I will read Chreve's post spam after I have my supper.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 611, Zdenek wrote:
In post 602, Bulbazak wrote:I later got a townread from him, so I no longer feel this is a valid point.
From what?
His later posts had the appearance of newbie town, rather than scum. He was eager and actually doing his best to scumhunt. I didn't think he'd be able to fake that as scum with his level of experience.
In post 611, Zdenek wrote:
In post 604, OhGodMyLife wrote:the swarm of people already trying to lay blame for a chevre mislynch at the feet of ABR et. al. Somebody who *knows* he's town is feeding that fire.
Bulbazak and Yessiree? Any others?
You don't think ABR's vote on Chevre was strange, especially when he avoided giving any reason for why Chevre was scum when asked? I'm not blaming him for the whole wagon, I think that's a misrepresentation of my stance on him, but I do find his vote to be scummy.

The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@huntress - could you sub me out?
i'm sorry, but i don't think i can give this game the attention it deserves. Being new to the site, i took on too many games, and i'm sorry to say i've kind let this one fall behind.

thanks
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 615, Bulbazak wrote:His later posts had the appearance of newbie town, rather than scum. He was eager and actually doing his best to scumhunt. I didn't think he'd be able to fake that as scum with his level of experience.
Did you look at his completed game?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 615, Bulbazak wrote:You don't think ABR's vote on Chevre was strange, especially when he avoided giving any reason for why Chevre was scum when asked?
This was directed at OGML. I'm trying to figure who the swarms of people are that he's talking about.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 617, Zdenek wrote: Did you look at his completed game?
No, I don't have the time to read games outside the ones I'm playing in.

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 619, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 617, Zdenek wrote: Did you look at his completed game?
No, I don't have the time to read games outside the ones I'm playing in.
Well, I did, and I think your town read on ed is on shaky ground.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

It's good enough for now.

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Zdenek »

If you weren't voting emogirl, who would you be voting?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 592, The Fonz wrote:
In post 588, Chevre wrote: Page 22 - I despise Tebow's 525. A lynch will give us an alignment which will let us see how other players treated the lynched player, thus there is more evidence. Also your argument that wagoning emogirl to get attention off emogirl is faulty, because wagons lead to lynches and then she won't be such a topic of discussion. Speaking of which, I feel as though since the heat has fallen off her she has posted less. Further, if two people have the same feeling about something there must be something acknowledgeable about it. Plus, the call out on "giving up" is just so so terrible. I truly do think Day 1 is a wash and nothing is convincing me otherwise. Thus I think a flip would be a solid piece of INFORMATION which is mod-guaranteed to be true.
Just FYI, I really, really hate this kind of reasoning too, likely far more than you 'despise' mine. Again, ANY flip is a solid piece of information that is mod-guaranteed to be true. Plus if day one is a crapshoot, why are you now making this super detailed post-by-post account of the whole game? Alternatively, if this kind of very wordy analysis is pro-town, why weren't you doing it earlier?
I did the walls because I was in danger of being lynched and I wanted town to have as much of my perspective as possible. It isn't really pro-town, or at least not pleasant to do those things, but it was the only way to get my full feeling out there and I tried to make it as easy as possible with the indices.

Zdenek: If we had lynched emogirl and she had flipped town, I would've looked at A) players who voted emogirl with no obvious reasoning, B) players who jumped off the wagon when it was heating up and leading toward lynch, and C) players who weren't on the emogirl wagon but claimed she was town in a way that made it look like they knew more than a townie should. I feel like these are great starting points for Day 2 even on a town mislynch, as opposed to Day 1 where we pretty much go where the random votes lead us.

I hate to say that replacement requests can be scummy, but given that The Goodfather gave a pretty confident post just yesterday, that request looks extremely fishing, especially given the way Zdenek had just accused him of avoiding this game whilst playing in others.

Waiting for emogirl to wow me with an explanation for her Maestro vote.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 622, Zdenek wrote:If you weren't voting emogirl, who would you be voting?
Either Garmr or ABR.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”