Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Not saying that I would be opposed to Empkings lynch, but why is everyone on this train like gangbusters?
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Desp, are you drunk rambling again? Shades was conf. town? That doesn't fly with your reaction in post 2890.

More brain please.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

50 was pretty much confirmed when TBone flipped not only scum, but the scum that gave scum daytalk. Why would you investigate them or even have any doubts at that point?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 2902, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Desp, are you drunk rambling again? Shades was conf. town? That doesn't fly with your reaction in post 2890.

More brain please.
:igmeou:

50 was confirmed town after scum fakeclaimed to get them lynched. I was expressing shock that the scum killed a claimed VT over all of the other options.

Unvote
Vote: PoPP
;)
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Can we finally lynch this guy? Yeah? Thank God.

Vote Pecan
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:43 pm

In post 2903, Formerfish wrote:50 was pretty much confirmed when TBone flipped not only scum, but the scum that gave scum daytalk. Why would you investigate them or even have any doubts at that point?
Yeah, the fact he was encryptor makes the move on Shades even stranger and gave me even greater incentive to want to clear Shades. You're telling me it's easy to accept T-Bone suicided onto Shades for no apparent reason? So the way it went down was just a really bad attempt to mislynch Shades by T-Bone? That's not how I saw it, that's crazy logic. Of course this now appears the most acceptable answer, but you're prepared to say you saw this all along? I certainly didn't, my post 2847 makes this very clear. Of course T-Bone's PR claim just doesn't gel with mine so I liked him as a lynch option, but the lynch and flip didn't clarify Shades for me. On that note, T-Bone as Seer and me as 1-Shot Cop made very little sense. Now that T-Bone's claim is proven bogus you're saying what exactly? That mine loses credibility too? The fuck...?

Also, Desp has no clues. He
trusted
T-Bone LOLZ.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:49 pm

I think Pash's "follow the mob" post 2894 is a much scummier play and another example of his disconnection and disassociation from discussion. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he hopped onto me right now for no reason. However, I can't stress enough that he's exactly the type of player town want to be looking at right now.

VOTE: Pasch

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: Pasch
- I'm mostly sleeping MOS, because other than the one glaring error it seemed to talk a lot of sense (e.g. not lynching power roles.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:07 am

Post by Generic »

So we are looking at maybe 2 left?

Pecan, pasch , empking.

Two of three, happy to vote any.
Empking has done so little even when he does post that it's active lurking.
Pecan likes to look like he's contributing but i don't see a lot of actual progression, more retrospective.
Pasch is a liability.

I will either hammer the lead wagon or when I get a chance decide who is scummiest and vote them. Right now I don't have energy to care... I just was amused by the way desp ended the day and the how he began it.

In fact you can hold my vote until I decide just to remind you of how fast you had to back peddle there.
vote mr 180, desperado
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:31 am

Post by DeasVail »

Catching up on this will require more time than I currently have, but I will catch up tomorrow.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:27 am

Post by quadz08 »

Robyn - Konichiwa (Submitted by Chevre)

Song Contest 26: This song landed in last place, and even if Chevre had voted, it would only have been second-to-last.

Vote Count 5.1Empking (3) - notscience, Garruk Relentless, Paschendale
Paschendale (3) - Mastermind of Sin, pieceofpecanpie, Empking
pieceofpecanpie (2) - Desperado, Formerfish

Not Voting (6) - SpyreX, DeasVail, Aj the Epic, Generic, mykonian, morph the cat

The deadline for Day 5 is Sunday, February 16th, at 8:00 PM EST. With 14 people alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2014-02-16 20:00:00).
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:38 am

...or I could do Empking today.

Lynch fodder in order of preference:
  1. Pasch
    or
    Empking

2. mykonian
    - seriously no one's paid any attention to this guy
  3. DeasVail
    - same as above, also noticeably absent from MoS' post 2896. Is that a slip?
  4. notscience
    - first thought is VI, but I advice town not to dismiss him on those grounds, especially when lylo starts approaching
  5. Generic
    - really hard to pin down, as with notscience I don't recommend him being around for lylo
  6. MoS
    - picked up his game a lot over recent Days, but early stuff was troublesome. Remember scum are surely under the pump by this point, so watch closely. (also see DeasVail)

7. Garruk
    - he's more than likely being honest about the RB, but I've got a question mark over the alignment. No scum RB's have flipped, something has been blocking me, so clearly I have my suspicions
  8. AJ
    and
    Desperado
    - AJ's slot looked bad before AJ came in and he's flaked of late, especially after the claim. Desp has steadily become more ridiculous. The tunnel on me is lazy or scummy or both. Remember, we've just had an Encryptor flip so scum could've formulated the claim/crumbs at any point. It's unlikely/extremely ballsy of them and they're down this far on the list for exactly that reason. Just bear the thought in mind

9. morph
    - I believe the claim, it's pretty far-fetched as a scum move
  10. Spyrex
    - claim seems to hold up thus far, although I really need to re-evaluate what happened with this slot, Garruk's RB claim and how it's panned out thus far. Surely this is high priority NK for scum, or at least the other lover is. I guess something will give between Spy/FF/lover eventually and it'll become clearer
  11. Formerfish
    - a tunneling poop maybe, but his CC on Porkens seems completely town motivated. No reason for doubt at this point

12. Pecan
    - I'm not voting myself, I'm delicious

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 am

Post by mykonian »

there was a point yesterday where I made a bad vote that was malinformed. Because, ehm, I had trouble keeping up with claims and interactions and they don't bother me too much. At least, that was what I tried to do. Anyway, I made a bad vote on one of the hydra's based on such a thing and pecanpie sheeped me and seemed to rally for that cause. I was supposed to remember that from yesterday, and I think one of the hydrae called it out as well. It was indeed quite scummy. Pie should be our lynch.

vote pecan
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:52 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2830, mykonian wrote:
unvote vote purple
In post 2833, pieceofpecanpie wrote:UNVOTE: Garruk

Just goddamn claim already, Garruk, it's not that hard and there's really no reason why you should be going last.

VOTE: 50 Shades

So this is 50/50 for me. If Shades doesn't flip scum then we can lynch T-Bone immediately with impunity, unless someone wants to start entertaining the notion of framers? :shifty: Here's my rambly rundown:

- T-Bone's timing with the claim does not make a lick of sense as a scum gambit, unless he was trying to take heat off Porkens? I dunno, seems far fetched. On the other hand the claim is a serious wtf moment for either alignment
- 50 Shades has been vote hopping like mad the whole game, perhaps its just their schtick, or it's a good way to hide scummy behaviour. By contrast T-Bone seemed more measured, especially Day 2 and early Day 3, which plays better in my eyes and also makes me want to give the claim some credence
- To entertain this as a scum gambit we need to consider what they stand to benefit. A 1 for 1 trade at best? On a VT was it?
- Despite all this the claim is suspect, since this implies we've got a multiball with the best docs/blockers I've seen. Or we've got a half mad T-Bone lying through their teeth

That's kind of how I'm toing and froing on this one. At this stage I'll go with the claim and see where it leads, mostly because I don't know any better. So I'll cautiously believe it because if it was a scum gambit to get us off Porkens then it failed and as an attempt to take out 50 Shades it only barely scrapes out a 1 for 1 trade. That seems an extremely reckless move as scum, so I've decided to believe this was T-Bone waiting around all yesterday for 50 Shades to come back to the thread so he could awkwardly claim onto him.
In post 2849, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 2847, pieceofpecanpie wrote:UNVOTE: 50 Shades

VOTE: T-Bone

Werewolf/Not Werewolf is the most plausible flavour text for the seer in this game. Otherwise I don't understand how our roles gel. T-Bone gets innocents on non-werewolf scum? I get innocent on werewolf 50 Shades? This would be much easier if my investigation on T-Bone went through. However, I think it's worth lynching and then deciding what to do with 50 Shades later. The whole odd-timed claim makes me think there's more to this. On the other hand there's also players I want to see lynched before 50 Shades.
this post needs to be preserved for posterity reasons
Almost remembered it correctly. So it was his hop off that was about as wishy washy as his hop on.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Paschendale »

Oh, are we wasting a day lynching me because I'm not in the buddy club of people who'll hand each other townreads?

Explain this to me. Three people vote for Empking. None give a reason. My vote is the only one that people care about. And yet, no one's got an articulate reason for why. Pecan's reason is just an attempt to prevent me from voting for him, but I wasn't going to anyway. The Empking slot is basically a lurker slot, and there was a lot of discussion of Agent M before, but given some of the inane wagons that have happened in this game, maybe a lurker lynch is a good idea. Town certainly doesn't need help turning on its own, so maybe scum is sitting back and letting us have at each other. Porkens was kinda doing that, too.

Also, Pecan is not scum. MoS still might be. Pecan is, however, just as obviously out of better ideas as I am, but thinks that Fish's empty bravado makes for a safer sheep than the more questionable Notsci and Desperado.

I mean, waste a day on this if you want. I'm not overly enjoying this game. But I'd prefer to lynch scum, and I am actually trying to do that.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:14 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2906, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 2903, Formerfish wrote:50 was pretty much confirmed when TBone flipped not only scum, but the scum that gave scum daytalk. Why would you investigate them or even have any doubts at that point?
Yeah, the fact he was encryptor makes the move on Shades even stranger and gave me even greater incentive to want to clear Shades. You're telling me it's easy to accept T-Bone suicided onto Shades for no apparent reason? So the way it went down was just a really bad attempt to mislynch Shades by T-Bone? That's not how I saw it, that's crazy logic. Of course this now appears the most acceptable answer, but you're prepared to say you saw this all along? I certainly didn't, my post 2847 makes this very clear. Of course T-Bone's PR claim just doesn't gel with mine so I liked him as a lynch option, but the lynch and flip didn't clarify Shades for me. On that note, T-Bone as Seer and me as 1-Shot Cop made very little sense. Now that T-Bone's claim is proven bogus you're saying what exactly? That mine loses credibility too? The fuck...?

trusted
T-Bone LOLZ.
Yes, I
trusted
T-Bone for the same reason you gave here--his play made absolutely no sense from a scum perspective, so I assumed it was legit and that his report had been tampered with (because 50 was town before and after T-Bone's claim).

How the fuck did T-Bone's claim not gel with yours? Oh yeah because you're scum and you know it isn't multiball. 2-Shot Mafia Cop and Werewolf Seer make perfect sense as a tandem if there are multiple scum teams.
In post 2909, Generic wrote:In fact you can hold my vote until I decide just to remind you of how fast you had to back peddle there. vote mr 180, desperado
This is seriously the dumbest thing you have ever done in a mafia game.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Desperado »

Also, this:
In post 2906, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Also, Desp has no clues. He trusted T-Bone LOLZ.
Juxtaposed with this:
In post 2914, mykonian wrote:
In post 2830, mykonian wrote:
unvote vote purple
In post 2833, pieceofpecanpie wrote:UNVOTE: Garruk

Just goddamn claim already, Garruk, it's not that hard and there's really no reason why you should be going last.

VOTE: 50 Shades

So this is 50/50 for me. If Shades doesn't flip scum then we can lynch T-Bone immediately with impunity, unless someone wants to start entertaining the notion of framers? :shifty: Here's my rambly rundown:

- T-Bone's timing with the claim does not make a lick of sense as a scum gambit, unless he was trying to take heat off Porkens? I dunno, seems far fetched. On the other hand the claim is a serious wtf moment for either alignment
- 50 Shades has been vote hopping like mad the whole game, perhaps its just their schtick, or it's a good way to hide scummy behaviour. By contrast T-Bone seemed more measured, especially Day 2 and early Day 3, which plays better in my eyes and also makes me want to give the claim some credence
- To entertain this as a scum gambit we need to consider what they stand to benefit. A 1 for 1 trade at best? On a VT was it?
- Despite all this the claim is suspect, since this implies we've got a multiball with the best docs/blockers I've seen. Or we've got a half mad T-Bone lying through their teeth

That's kind of how I'm toing and froing on this one. At this stage I'll go with the claim and see where it leads, mostly because I don't know any better. So I'll cautiously believe it because if it was a scum gambit to get us off Porkens then it failed and as an attempt to take out 50 Shades it only barely scrapes out a 1 for 1 trade. That seems an extremely reckless move as scum, so I've decided to believe this was T-Bone waiting around all yesterday for 50 Shades to come back to the thread so he could awkwardly claim onto him.
In post 2849, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 2847, pieceofpecanpie wrote:UNVOTE: 50 Shades

VOTE: T-Bone

Werewolf/Not Werewolf is the most plausible flavour text for the seer in this game. Otherwise I don't understand how our roles gel. T-Bone gets innocents on non-werewolf scum? I get innocent on werewolf 50 Shades? This would be much easier if my investigation on T-Bone went through. However, I think it's worth lynching and then deciding what to do with 50 Shades later. The whole odd-timed claim makes me think there's more to this. On the other hand there's also players I want to see lynched before 50 Shades.
this post needs to be preserved for posterity reasons
Almost remembered it correctly. So it was his hop off that was about as wishy washy as his hop on.
Brings great joy to my heart.
;)
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:41 am

Post by notscience »

In post 2912, pieceofpecanpie wrote:...or I could do Empking today.

Lynch fodder in order of preference:
  1. Pasch
    or
    Empking

2. mykonian
    - seriously no one's paid any attention to this guy
  3. DeasVail
    - same as above, also noticeably absent from MoS' post 2896. Is that a slip?
  4. notscience
    - first thought is VI, but I advice town not to dismiss him on those grounds, especially when lylo starts approaching
  5. Generic
    - really hard to pin down, as with notscience I don't recommend him being around for lylo
  6. MoS
    - picked up his game a lot over recent Days, but early stuff was troublesome. Remember scum are surely under the pump by this point, so watch closely. (also see DeasVail)

7. Garruk
    - he's more than likely being honest about the RB, but I've got a question mark over the alignment. No scum RB's have flipped, something has been blocking me, so clearly I have my suspicions
  8. AJ
    and
    Desperado
    - AJ's slot looked bad before AJ came in and he's flaked of late, especially after the claim. Desp has steadily become more ridiculous. The tunnel on me is lazy or scummy or both. Remember, we've just had an Encryptor flip so scum could've formulated the claim/crumbs at any point. It's unlikely/extremely ballsy of them and they're down this far on the list for exactly that reason. Just bear the thought in mind

9. morph
    - I believe the claim, it's pretty far-fetched as a scum move
  10. Spyrex
    - claim seems to hold up thus far, although I really need to re-evaluate what happened with this slot, Garruk's RB claim and how it's panned out thus far. Surely this is high priority NK for scum, or at least the other lover is. I guess something will give between Spy/FF/lover eventually and it'll become clearer
  11. Formerfish
    - a tunneling poop maybe, but his CC on Porkens seems completely town motivated. No reason for doubt at this point

12. Pecan
    - I'm not voting myself, I'm delicious
Like seriously, my top 3 lynches are in your top 5 yet I'm a liability in lylo?

Lmfao
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Generic »

In post 2915, Paschendale wrote:Oh, are we wasting a day lynching me because I'm not in the buddy club of people who'll hand each other townreads?

Explain this to me. Three people vote for Empking. None give a reason. My vote is the only one that people care about. And yet, no one's got an articulate reason for why. Pecan's reason is just an attempt to prevent me from voting for him, but I wasn't going to anyway. The Empking slot is basically a lurker slot, and there was a lot of discussion of Agent M before, but given some of the inane wagons that have happened in this game, maybe a lurker lynch is a good idea. Town certainly doesn't need help turning on its own, so maybe scum is sitting back and letting us have at each other. Porkens was kinda doing that, too.

Also, Pecan is not scum. MoS still might be. Pecan is, however, just as obviously out of better ideas as I am, but thinks that Fish's empty bravado makes for a safer sheep than the more questionable Notsci and Desperado.

I mean, waste a day on this if you want. I'm not overly enjoying this game. But I'd prefer to lynch scum, and I am actually trying to do that.

fuck off, if you are gonna play the emo tantrum card in a game where the master of that play is lurking you had better make it worthwhile.

Ives been floating through this game since day one being considered a policy lynch by the best and worst of them. And yet only in late game are people shifting the bile onto notscience...

vote pasch

policy lynch!!!!!!!!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:49 am

Post by Generic »

In post 2916, Desperado wrote:
In post 2906, pieceofpecanpie wrote:

trusted
T-Bone LOLZ.
Yes, I
trusted
T-Bone for the same reason you gave here--his play made absolutely no sense from a scum perspective, so I assumed it was legit and that his report had been tampered with (because 50 was town before and after T-Bone's claim).

How the fuck did T-Bone's claim not gel with yours? Oh yeah because you're scum and you know it isn't multiball. 2-Shot Mafia Cop and Werewolf Seer make perfect sense as a tandem if there are multiple scum teams.
In post 2909, Generic wrote:In fact you can hold my vote until I decide just to remind you of how fast you had to back peddle there. vote mr 180, desperado
This is seriously the dumbest thing you have ever done in a mafia game.
Oh, I disagree, bitch
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Formerfish »

You were placeholding your vote on a mason. That is pretty pants on head stupid. Why not vote pecan? Even if I am wrong about him his usefulness has waned, and now with his contributions we know that 50 is town. He can die knowing that he did all he could to help town. Hell even in death he will help because can stop worrying about me and my rabbit hole adventures when it comes to his slot.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 am

Post by notscience »

Voting masons is fun

You know what's more fun? Selfvoting as an IC
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:28 pm

Mykonian's post 2913 -
Baaaaaaaaaa

In post 2916, Desperado wrote:2-Shot Mafia Cop and Werewolf Seer make perfect sense as a tandem if there are multiple scum teams.
I don't even... :facepalm:

notscience's post 2918 -
Baaaaaaaaaaa

In post 2921, Formerfish wrote:[...] Why not vote pecan? Even if I am wrong about him his usefulness has waned, and now with his contributions we know that 50 is town. He can die knowing that he did all he could to help town. Hell even in death he will help because can stop worrying about me and my rabbit hole adventures when it comes to his slot.
Let's be clear, my shot's spent, I have no special powers, nothing magical to bring to this game apart from my brain and the drive to be active and continue discussion. Have you even considered any of the slots who have coasted along at this point? You seem to imply that I was useful at some point, what was I doing that was useful and why has that waned? You've done fuckall besides tunnel me. Is that useful? Sure you've got your role and you'll keep using that, but our roles aren't the be all and end all. And sure if mislynching me will give you peace of mind them I'm real happy for you, and I certainly don't have a problem with being lynched to help town progress, but at this stage it's some fucking misguided justification you've got going there. Not sure what I did to be the lynch love of your life, but I don't know what you'll do without me this game to be honest, since you'll have to fill the void. I hope it gets filled with motivation to look at some crucial slots (Pasch, Empking, notscience, DV etc.) because they're getting a free-ride.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm still holding on to our pecan-town read.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”