Micro 279: Uncommon Mafia - OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Fixed, apologies.
In post 648, BBmolla wrote:
Votecount 3.02

yessiree - 2 - serrapaladin, Mac
serrapaladin -1 - callforjudgement
Mac - 1 - yessiree

Not Voting: Alduskkel, Bicephalous Bob

Deadline: (expired on 2014-02-10 02:45:00)

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Mac »

let me take the time to dismantle your post callforjudgement because I won't lie, it's a whole load of shit.
Mac's claim is incredibly unsure, looking like it's an attempt to copy the "VT-equivalent" town claim rather than reading a PM to be sure: #425
I don't get what your point is. It's pretty clear I was in a hurry since I announced a V/LA in the very same place, and why, as scum, would I throw it down as though I wasn't sure of it? Makes no sense.
Mac has painted himself into a corner with reads (#255 has both me and yessiree as town, and we'd both need to be scum for him to be reasonable as town; he didn't say much else on the subject until #575 for yessiree, and didn't say anything about me until the very recent #636); running out of reads is more likely for scum (who have more knowledge of the setup and so are more sure in their townreads), than it is for town (who don't know much at all)
255 was on d1 before claims and such, therefore your pushing old data there. plus it's pretty obvious I don't really know what's going on besides yesiree scum which I've made clear - that would make me town in your crazy little world where town are less sure of there reads..
Both Mac and serra have come up with very implausible theories about the setup (e.g. serra's 6:2:1 theory, or Mac's suggestion of a Bob/Aldi Alien scumteam in the previous post while he's in a 1v1 and thus knows that's not the case); this is a scumtell in my experience because town tend to have little enough information that they consider likely theories first, and scum can get onto unlikely theories much more quickly if they know something weird's going on, and serra admits this is a scumtell in #549; serra's #621 is particularly weird because nobody else considers serra's setup theories plausible, which should be a sign that maybe those theories are wrong, rather than that they're trying to ignore evidence
This is pretty fucking shitty of you considering you
asked for my opinion on reads or scumteams
and even furthermore boosted by the fact I said both were unlikely scum, so I've never pushed an Aldi/Bob alien team and this is just lies.
serra and Mac have been suspicious of each other earlier (e.g. #454, #439), but are now easing off on each other now that it's probably lylo, without much reasoning (especialy Mac; see #636 for a reasonably blatant case, where he decides serra is town based on serra backing off of him, when he's short of townreads; that could also be read as scum-Mac attempting to buddy town-serra, though)
I've also CLEARLY addressed this that I don't think scum serra would back off me when I was flailing like a fish out of water and basically an easy mislynch if he pushed it. His back off seems genuine. MOAR MISREP.
Mac unvotes in #254, an action that (given the timing and the players waiting to hammer) probably prevented serrapaladin's slot being lynched that Day
hahaha, I had
just
replaced into the game? now you're just pushing things that clearly aren't scummy?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:49 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 651, Mac wrote:let me take the time to dismantle your post callforjudgement because I won't lie, it's a whole load of shit.
Mac's claim is incredibly unsure, looking like it's an attempt to copy the "VT-equivalent" town claim rather than reading a PM to be sure: #425
I don't get what your point is. It's pretty clear I was in a hurry since I announced a V/LA in the very same place, and why, as scum, would I throw it down as though I wasn't sure of it? Makes no sense.
"Why would I commit objective scumtell X?" is an invalid argument. If you know something is an objective scumtell, you avoid it as both scum and town.
Mac has painted himself into a corner with reads (#255 has both me and yessiree as town, and we'd both need to be scum for him to be reasonable as town; he didn't say much else on the subject until #575 for yessiree, and didn't say anything about me until the very recent #636); running out of reads is more likely for scum (who have more knowledge of the setup and so are more sure in their townreads), than it is for town (who don't know much at all)
255 was on d1 before claims and such, therefore your pushing old data there. plus it's pretty obvious I don't really know what's going on besides yesiree scum which I've made clear - that would make me town in your crazy little world where town are less sure of there reads..
It's some of your newest reads
despite
being old data.
Both Mac and serra have come up with very implausible theories about the setup (e.g. serra's 6:2:1 theory, or Mac's suggestion of a Bob/Aldi Alien scumteam in the previous post while he's in a 1v1 and thus knows that's not the case); this is a scumtell in my experience because town tend to have little enough information that they consider likely theories first, and scum can get onto unlikely theories much more quickly if they know something weird's going on, and serra admits this is a scumtell in #549; serra's #621 is particularly weird because nobody else considers serra's setup theories plausible, which should be a sign that maybe those theories are wrong, rather than that they're trying to ignore evidence
This is pretty fucking shitty of you considering you
asked for my opinion on reads or scumteams
and even furthermore boosted by the fact I said both were unlikely scum, so I've never pushed an Aldi/Bob alien team and this is just lies.
serra and Mac have been suspicious of each other earlier (e.g. #454, #439), but are now easing off on each other now that it's probably lylo, without much reasoning (especialy Mac; see #636 for a reasonably blatant case, where he decides serra is town based on serra backing off of him, when he's short of townreads; that could also be read as scum-Mac attempting to buddy town-serra, though)
I've also CLEARLY addressed this that I don't think scum serra would back off me when I was flailing like a fish out of water and basically an easy mislynch if he pushed it. His back off seems genuine. MOAR MISREP.
If you're scum with serra, you're not an easy mislynch, because lynching you wouldn't be a mislynch at all. Your argument here is equivalent to "you said I'm scum, but I said I was town, so that's a misrep".
Mac unvotes in #254, an action that (given the timing and the players waiting to hammer) probably prevented serrapaladin's slot being lynched that Day
hahaha, I had
just
replaced into the game? now you're just pushing things that clearly aren't scummy?
It's not a strong tell, but it isn't surprising that someone replacing in would want to unvote their scumbuddy pretty quickly, when they had a good opportunity to do so.

If you hadn't unvoted, serra's slot would almost certainly have been lynched, given that there was a hammer intent there.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:00 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Where's Bob?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:49 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

yo
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:55 am

why do you read yessirree as town based on his play
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:14 am

Post by serrapaladin »

prod dodge
Wandering but not lost
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:31 am

Post by yessiree »

questions, concerns, throw them this way
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am

why did you softclaim your role before making klick claim

in retrospect it looks like you wanted klick to out his role rather than setting him up to claim something incompatible with your investigation result which is what I'd done as a follower

well not if I were scum and I knew klick would claim his true role in which case it'd be better to hint to my role before making klick claim so no-one would believe him
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:19 am

Post by yessiree »

I didn't want to full claim before making Klick claim because he has refused to claim twice prior, when given the opportunity, and the fact that if his claim is truthful, he knew all along that it would interfere with tracker type investigative role, so why the refusal to claim then? That was what's on my mind when I didn't want to show my full hand yet.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:35 am

why did you say stuff about your role other than I have an incriminating result on klick please claim

he could've claimed miller or something like that in which case you'd know he was lying straight away

first you said "I know you did something last night" ("I'm a weak investigative role!"), then you told him to just claim role type ("Claim something in the same category as your role, but town-aligned.")
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:22 am

Post by yessiree »

Your question is pretty vague, so I'll just re-iterate: it's to not show my full hand before committing.

"I know you did something last night." Could imply any variant of tracker type.

And I didn't tell him to claim role type before he refused to claim once more after being prompted.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:24 am

Post by yessiree »

I don't really see what you're trying to accomplish here though.

Are you doubting my claim now?
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:58 pm

not your role, but your alignment
In post 661, yessiree wrote:Your question is pretty vague, so I'll just re-iterate: it's to not show my full hand before committing.
my question wasn't why didn't you show your full hand but why did you show part of your hand

but that's sort of answered now
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by yessiree »

It was the only lead I have at the time, and it's not like I was gonna lie about that.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by yessiree »

besides, it's not uncommon for town PRs to intentionally mislead the target they investigated with a result that could indicate guilty

i.e. if Klick had claimed doctor to deny the "played around with gas part", then it's confirmed guilty to me
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 655, Bicephalous Bob wrote:why do you read yessirree as town based on his play
He's got that genuine aggressive/confident town feel.

Also he's just, like, not scummy. I mean literally has anyone ever accused yessiree of doing something scummy in this game? I actually think the answer might be no.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 pm

I just did?
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:29 pm

In post 665, yessiree wrote:besides, it's not uncommon for town PRs to intentionally mislead the target they investigated with a result that could indicate guilty
so why did you do the exact opposite
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:46 am

Post by yessiree »

I didn't?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 628, Alduskkel wrote:I don't get it serra. Why aren't you suspecting me anymore?
Because I think as any flavour of scum/third-party, Mac wouldn't have screwed around with his claim. I don't think he was pretending, which means yessiree is framing him. The frame is a play that makes perfect sense for aliens at this point, since if it goes through, they straight out win. Given they only have 1 kill, if we lynch one of them correctly, it isn't MyLo any more.

You/yessiree is possible, but I think it's moderately unlikely both investigative roles are scum-directed.
In post 646, callforjudgement wrote:I hadn't considered the "why did Mac perform the dousing" issue, though, and it's a good one. Certainly, Mac would want to in order to maintain his mistaken beliefs about his fakeclaim worked, but serra should have corrected that in the QT; serra seems unlikely make the same mistake Mac did. It's possible that serra/Mac have an unclaimed action that they needed/wanted to take, leaving the other to perform the "kill", but that also seems unlikely. So in short, I have no idea what's going on there.
Yes, this. If Mac is some sort of scum, I think he could only be a third-party arsonist. If so, there are definitely two scum excluding Mac. This is where your utility theory comes in, in that if Mac is actually third-party, town winning is fairly unlikely, whereas if Mac is town, yessiree is framing him.
Wandering but not lost
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

So a two man Arsonist team is just completely off the table for you?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

It's possible, but I still see it as rather unlikely.

One thing I have been considering is how cfj's role fits into this. As town, it doesn't really seem to have much utility outside of quicklynch baiting in MyLo, but if he were an arsonist, his role would allow him an additional night to douse/ignite. Mac/cfj as arsonists is possible, but then their interaction doesn't look like scumbuddies to me. If the scum-team is mac/cfj, I think cfj would have just gone with the alien theory to get yessiree lynched, as that would most likely seal the game.

1-shot lynchproof is also an alien role, and cfj/yessiree's interaction fits the mould much better. Since replacing in, cfj hasn't had any interaction with yessiree that would help him figure out yessiree's alignment, which I would expect given how he immediately identifies the mac/yessiree 1v1.
Wandering but not lost
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 672, serrapaladin wrote:One thing I have been considering is how cfj's role fits into this. As town, it doesn't really seem to have much utility outside of quicklynch baiting in MyLo, but if he were an arsonist, his role would allow him an additional night to douse/ignite.
Please think about what you're saying here. If I (or any other player) were a 1-shot unlynchable arsonist, then (given that this site's definition of Mafia requires at least two scum on the same team) the setup would currently be either 3:2:1 (if the arsonist's a third party), or 4:2 (if the arsonists are a scum group). In the latter case, you can't lynch the arsonists until after they've already won the game, because they're guaranteed to be able to get a douse and an ignite off and almost certainly have at least one player doused (with two opportunities to douse and only two players dead since the first dousing). The former case is really screwy (and doesn't fit with the deadline rules, although there's always a chance that those are simply just screwed up). In general, if a role is overpowered as scum, it's not going to go to scum.

Also, this argument looks a lot like "but BBmolla wouldn't add roles that do nothing" in a setup with a Compulsive Visitor, players who can only vanillise themselves, and either a Conspiracy Theorist or a Firefighter whose role ability targets a faction that doesn't exist (unless you're still seriously arguing 6:2:1, which I refuse to believe without much better evidence because it's mindbogglingly hard to balance and doesn't fit well with the evidence we actually have).
serrapaladin wrote:1-shot lynchproof is also an alien role, and cfj/yessiree's interaction fits the mould much better. Since replacing in, cfj hasn't had any interaction with yessiree that would help him figure out yessiree's alignment, which I would expect given how he immediately identifies the mac/yessiree 1v1.
Seriously, if you're town, please stop with the "this role is in Greatest Idea therefore it must be correct" reasoning, given how few roles actually come from there. Are you fakeclaiming because you claimed a role that isn't in Greatest Idea? Also, it seems weird to me that you seem so certain that I wasn't fakeclaiming with the unlynchable claim (although not quite as weird as I thought, because I've been running through the possibilities for unlynchable trueclaims and fakeclaims as town and scum to determine what the claim looks like from your point of view, and concluded that while from town it's almost guaranteed to be a trueclaim, scum who actually are unlynchable are quite likely to trueclaim it, and scum who are not unlynchable are not that likely to fakeclaim it). In fact, you seem to be generally assuming all claims are honest (e.g. #, where you assume yessiree trueclaimed about being a follower).

If yessiree is scum, then the scumteam probably has no kill at all (possibly a 1-shot vig owned by a
specific
scum player). If they have the ability to kill repeatedly, even via a method as clunky as Arsonist, then given that we've seen no nightkills yet, the setup is too scumsided to be likely to exist (given that town has no roles useful in finding scum in that scenario, with the only real town advantage being that Alduskkel knows enough about Bob's role to have a good suspicion that he's town). If the scumteam have a factional 1-shot kill, then they're Aliens, and now town is underpowered if either Alduskkel or Bob is scum, and the action results don't make sense if they're both town (we know that Serra and Mac aren't aliens from investigation results, Aldusskel and Bob aren't aliens by assumption), unless the Alien team is me/yessiree (it isn't). If the scumteam has no kill at all, yessiree as scum makes more sense (and could reasonably be scum with Mac, Aldusskel, or serrapaladin), although the setup's probably still scumsided in that case because town has no roles that actually do anything (and yessiree's role could well be a fakeclaim).

WRT the interaction, I asked yessiree a question upon replacing in, and the answer was interesting (given that yessiree pretty much entirely goes along with my theory about the current scumteam). To me, this implies that either yessiree is scum, or my guess at the scumteam is correct (or at least, if yessiree is town, town is unlikely to win unless the scumteam is serrapaladin/Mac, because other lynches are unlikely to happen.). I wasn't sure about that, and I wasn't sure about Mac/serra either, so I decided to run an experiment. I genuinely believed (and still do) that Mac/serra was the most likely scumteam, and laid out my case in as much detail as was reasonable; this was partly to help people follow my thought processes (which I consider a good way to help people read me correctly when I'm town), and partly to serve as an easy reference for helping to push the lynch if I decided it was completely correct. However, it was also a vehicle to do something I rarely get the chance to do (because being able to vote in probable lylo is rare, and mostly only possible due to the weirdness of the setup): I got to put a vote on serrapaladin. I admit to not telling the whole truth (in fact, being somewhat intentionally misleading) in my first paragraph of #. Why did I vote for serra? Well, yes, it was because I could do so safely, but I could almost certainly vote for Mac safely too (the most likely scumteam in which voting for Mac could cause a quicklynch is Aldusskel/yessiree, and in such a circumstance, they likely wouldn't win by doing so due to that scumteam being unlikely to have a kill). No, the reason I voted for serrapaladin is because I wanted to see how serrapaladin would react. In order for the test to work, I also had to focus mostly on serra over the next few posts, because the test wouldn't work unless the vote seemed genuine. (The fact that it
was
genuine helps it to
seem
genuine, but it helps to make sure your motivations are perceived correctly.)

Throughout most of the game, scum have more to lose by being lynched than town do. In lylo, the situation is reversed; town lose if they're lynched (or any other townie is lynched, but they're more vehement arguing against their own lynch because they
know
their lynch loses the game), but scum get a second chance. Thus, voting someone in lylo, when you can get away with it, is a useful source of tells.

I would get the most useful results from the test if serra was town, and perceived me to be town. The typical "please don't throw the game" behaviour you get in that situation is quite hard to fake. This would be the best outcome, and one that I was hoping for, but I agree it was unlikely (and it didn't happen). It did produce useful results from someone else though: I think # pretty much completely wipes out the chance of an Alduskkel/yessiree scum team, and (not as strongly, but still quite strongly) implies that Alduskkel is town regardless of yessiree's alignment. There'd be no reason for Alduskkel to point out the flaws in my reasoning otherwise (they weren't put there intentionally, they were things I genuinely hadn't considered), except maybe if Alduskkel were scum with Mac (in which case he might want to go for the win toda hasn'ty by persuading me to mislynch, but it's unclear who exactly he'd be trying to get me to mislynch).

I nonetheless got useful results from serra (and Mac, which was a bonus). # from Mac is clearly treating me as scum. The tone of that post isn't the sort of language you use to try to defend yourself from what you think is a mistaken accusation coming from a townie. It's the sort of language you use when you're trying to get someone lynched. Mac hasn't outright said "let's make this a 1v1" (especially given that he's already in another 1v1), but I got that impression from his post.

serrapaladin, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be reading me as scum (or town, or anything else) based on play; his defences against my push have been entirely theory-based. We can both do the theory calculations, and we can both come to the same results on them (although serra seems to come up with a bunch of implausible extra results that I'm rejecting, most likely because he doesn't like the results he gets): the most plausible scumteams, on a theory basis, are by far serrapaladin/Mac (Arsonist) and me/yessiree (Alien). Still, serrapaladin seems to have stopped there, and just concluded that me and yessiree must be Alien scum purely based on the theory. He isn't trying to scumhunt by other means, and he isn't trying to make a non-theory-based case on me or yessiree (read serra's iso: his arguments for yessiree-scum are entirely based on Mac-town, until very recently where he claims lack of interaction with me). The reason that this is worrying is that his thought process seems to have gone as far as "work out who I should be voting under the assumption I'm town → it must be yessiree/CFJ → downplay all the other possibilities (especially the one where I'm scum) as ridiculous". The situation's effectively a 2v2, especially from serrapaladin's point of view. However, getting into a 2v2 isn't enough by itself. You actually have to try to
win
it, and serra seems to be leaving this stage out.

Is this an indicator of scumminess? It's actually mostly an indicator of laziness, although I think it's a weak scumtell too. As town, if you're in a 1v1 or a 2v2, you at least have the benefit of knowing for certain that the other player's scum. Having the unsureness taken away is pretty liberating for town, in that you don't have to focus on scum
hunting
any more, but scum
proving
. As scum, it's much more annoying (I've been in this situation more than once before as scum, and although I can handle it, it's a lot of pressure): you can't work on trying to get just anyone lynched any more, you have to focus on someone in particular, which may even require reversing your read on them. So town's more likely to go through with the effort. I won't claim it's a strong tell, though.

I should note that I had a range of possible reactions in mind when I voted for serra, and this wasn't one of them, so I'm a little out of touch on the theory of this test and don't know for certain what the result means. It isn't something that invalidates my theory, though.

The remaining question, of course, is "is this actually a 2v2?". I have a tendency to tunnel, so I want to make sure that all the possibilities are covered. We have 1v1 based on night action results between Mac and yessiree, so there are 9:
  • Mac / Alduskkel
    : I haven't found anything that completely rules this possibility out (either in terms of night actions, in terms of setup spec, or in terms of dayplay). This is a long way down my mental list of pairings due mostly to dayplay, but I have no strong evidence.
  • Mac / Bob
    : I can't really imagine Bob as scum, and Alduskkel's role doesn't make much sense in this setup.
  • Mac / callforjudgement
    : Nobody seems to have suggested this one yet, and it's quite hard for me to make dayplay analyses based on the assumption that I'm scum. In terms of the setup and night actions, this is impossible with an Alien scumteam (based on Bob's investigation results). Assuming Arsonists, this is even worse at explaining the fact that yessiree was able to catch Mac in a lie than Mac / serrapaladin; implosion was well aware of how self-vanillizers worked (#, well before the last night phase).
  • Mac / serrapaladin
    : See discussion over the last few pages.
  • Mac / yessiree
    : Not impossible based on dayplay, but leaves the setup a little unclear; what sort of kill do the scumteam have? They can't be Aliens, based on night results, and if they're Arsonists, town is too weak. Perhaps something else?
  • Alduskkel / yessiree
    : Possible via setup speculation (the setup would have Alduskkel as an Alien captain, yessiree as an Alien pretty much anything who might or might not be fakeclaiming; as an aside, Bob's role is hilarious in that setup), but I think this is impossible based on dayplay, e.g. #.
  • Bob / yessiree
    : This makes even less sense than Mac / Bob, because Bob is still just as townish, and the setup is even sillier than usual (scum millers?)
  • callforjudgement / yessiree
    : Possible via setup speculation. I'll let serrapaladin make the case for this in terms of dayplay; neither him nor me can be expected to make the case in an unbiased fashion, but a bias in favour of the case will make for a better argument than a bias against.
  • serrapaladin / yessiree
    : Serra's not an Alien, and if yessiree is an Arsonist, town doesn't have enough power to have a reasonable chance to win. So this is unlikely based on setup speculation. It seems unlikely that serra would be defending Mac so hard in this setup, too.
Incidentally, this analysis also means that (if my vote isn't needed to observe reactions) it makes more sense to have Mac as the day's lynch over serra; it works just as well in terms of actually lynching scum, and better in the (unlikely but possible) case of Mac/Alduskkel, especially as the specific nature of the scum that flips will help inform the lynch for tomorrow.

I'm happy to make this into a 1v1 between me and Mac, anyway. In any situation where Mac is town, I don't see town winning anyway. It's almost a 2v2, but there's an outside chance that serra's innocent even with Mac guilty.

Anyway, I think that pretty much finishes the setup spec arguments for this game, at least until we have a flip. You can get into a 1v1 via night actions or setup speculation just fine. However, only dayplay can actually
resolve
one.

VOTE: Mac
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 673, callforjudgement wrote:In any situation where Mac is town, I don't see town winning anyway. It's almost a 2v2, but there's an outside chance that serra's innocent even with Mac guilty.
Well, there's an outside chance that Mac is town and yessiree is scum, but opens up a huge can of worms that more or less results in a 1v1 between you and me -- serra and Bob being unlikely partners with yessiree as you noted.

Speaking of Bob, I wish he'd get in here and say what he's thinking. I can't tell if his most recent posts are indicative of suspicion of yessiree or if he's just putting yessiree through the gauntlet to double check a town read.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”