NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

OGML + serrapaladin's posts are why.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

Please let VT's live
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by Marquis »

Omfg just ban him already
link in bio
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

Mod: I Forgot that i was lynched SORRY
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I really don't remember much except I wanted to do this.

VOTE: Ythan

I need to do some sort of reread.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Yates »

Are all these posts going to be overwritten when the site is restored this weekend?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 am

Post by pisskop »

no.^^^

So,
vote: Marquis
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Nikanor »

I'm here, men. Will be voting evilpacman18 later tonight, after work.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1582, Nikanor wrote:I'm here, men. Will be voting evilpacman18 later tonight, after work.
I remember also thinking that this was a good idea. I forget if I posted about it today, though.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:10 am

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: sera
whew!
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:37 am

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: Untrod Tripod
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Marquis »

VOTE: evilpacman
link in bio
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Nikanor »

guys, this isn't assassins in the palace. you CAN give reasoning for your votes.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 1579, Green Crayons wrote:I really don't remember much except I wanted to do this.

VOTE: Ythan

I need to do some sort of reread.
Clearly.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

oh we're back in action. Nikanor I'm still looking forward to your case on me.

vote: pisskop
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Spoiler:
In post 219, evilpacman18 wrote:Not really feeling UT trying to start up a town block (jokingly or not) and also going for tman2nd, obvious mislynch bait and Marquis is disturbingly happy to follow. I'm already not reading them as scum together though. demanding answers over and over again is town.
UT's vote and post spoken about here was in post 35. a) I'm not sure how many players in this game could not be considered "obvious mislynch bait", but the number's gotta be in the single digits. b) It's post 35! Nearly 200 posts before this one of evilpacman's. Give me a break. Going after "obvious mislynch bait" at that point means nothing.
In post 219, evilpacman18 wrote:Gooner is kinda preachy, not really a good thing, especially since his vote on GC (who I'm biased for because I liked that intro post I guess) is basically a misunderstanding of why zekrom was being voted. He fails to follow his own advice on clear, reasoned reads and votes.
Meh... this is a really weak and bad attack. Would not expect a town player whose first post is #219 to pick this needle out of that haystack. This whole post just looks

Marquis is definitely town, sorry about that initial misread. mollie's not scum also, dunno if I've discussed this in the above. Elyse vs. mollie is town/town, pretty easy to see just based on the responsiveness to each other in the little back-and-forths.
fwiw, I think Former always makes too many "content coming" posts and such. he's weirdly belligerent about it here though, that's new.[/quote]
In post 258, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 220, Marquis wrote:Evilpacman, that's really cool that your location is my hometown, awesome! Are you an APU or Citrus student, by the way?
I go to APU!
In post 319, evilpacman18 wrote:btw the video in 300 is frikkin hilarious
In post 542, evilpacman18 wrote:Sorry, I had a really busy week that's finally over. I just read up, I need to go back again for details I'm definitely leaning towards Deathnote, Gooner, zekrom scum. Possibly UT though I don't see him buddying Deathnote and/or zekrom.

About zekrom, tman, pisskop, and RC, we have (or had, tman and pisskop are doing better now) four people acting like noobs and being essentially unreadable, earlier in the game I would've pegged pisskop for scum ahead of zekrom. Not really anymore though, barring a convincing full-claim after that ridiculous softclaim (that I'm inclined not to believe just based on "at least one night").

Have to look at Elyse again but I was reading her as town I think.
In post 543, evilpacman18 wrote:oh wait I didn't even finish that thought in the middle paragraph. Basically I was gonna say it's some fake scum shit that zekrom is the only one drawing votes when the four of those were sucking it up real hard, but idk anymore since he's probably actually scum.
In post 546, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 544, Untrod Tripod wrote:psst epm I'm voting DN right now and was voting zekrom before I wasn't buddying them. did you even read the game?
Sorry I must have spaced out, I meant I didn't see you being scum with them because of your pushing both of them.
And about Gooner, I think GC saw some stuff about UT's early game in that post that I agreed with, so I liked it even though it was succinct.
In post 551, evilpacman18 wrote:Welp that's a scum claim/confirmation of UT town
vote: Zekrom
In post 866, evilpacman18 wrote:Prod dodge for now, be back in a couple hours to post.
unvote
In post 1134, evilpacman18 wrote:Jesus. Remind me never to play two games again. Catching up.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote:read the last 10 pages. sthar caught my attention.

I don't like sthar. He posted a read list "in the interest of transparency" meaning he's more concerned with peoples' perceptions of him than posting reads because they convict him into lynching/defending certain people, etc.
Also he's got like a third of the playerlist chalked up to VI (including myself, which I can't remember playing with him but whatever) which normally indicates a town read (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all), but in the case of someone like fish, who he says he doesn't really believe the claim, meaning he's reading him as scum, it's either a mislabeled null-read or intentional dissonance. Either way, his dismissal of so many players as VI is some indication that, again, he's more interested in looking actively engaged than being so. zekrom's 959 is more typically dull posting from him but I think he accidentally tripped over the discovery that sthar doesn't actually have much at all and for a full playerlist reads post, it leaves me at least still quite unsure of what sthar thinks.

Oh well in 987 sthar specifically says "VI is not a read"
well
1. yes it is (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all)
2. so you completely avoided posting reads in your read list

it's interesting who fell for those posts and started town reading you when they're both terrible too. Maybe some scumbuddies in there, who knows

I'm going to sleep, it's 4:30AM but I had a few other people I was gonna look into. Needa figure out UT, not reading Deathnote as scum so much anymore and zekrom will sort itself out so my UT read isn't as bound to association tells, have to re-evaluate. Don't like Gooner. or pisskop a little

Lots of townreads too:
Marquis, mollie, elyse, nikanor, ythan, RC, Yates, Fish, GC, PV...

good night
In post 1155, evilpacman18 wrote:
vote: sthar

vig: pisskop
In post 1465, evilpacman18 wrote:Well this has sorted itself out nicely, like I figured. I'll be voting zekrom whenever people are ready.
It's kind of hard to figure out alignments when people are just voting confirmed scum.
Actually yeah that makes me kind of want to end today, idk what talking can be done now that can't be done more effectively once we have lynched scum and a night kill or two.
I wouldn't think for a second that there's two one shot vigs

vote: zekrom
In post 1489, evilpacman18 wrote:
unvote

I hope nobody still thinks Marquis is scum
In post 1589, evilpacman18 wrote:oh we're back in action. Nikanor I'm still looking forward to your case on me.

vote: pisskop
Last edited by Desperado on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Fucking cat somehow found the big bad SUBMIT button. AGH, annoying.

@Mod: Can you spoiler that post please, to clean up some thread clutter?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Honestly, the one thing that got me looking at evilpacman18 was this:
I don't like sthar. He posted a read list "in the interest of transparency" meaning he's more concerned with peoples' perceptions of him than posting reads because they convict him into lynching/defending certain people, etc.
Also he's got like a third of the playerlist chalked up to VI (including myself, which I can't remember playing with him but whatever) which normally indicates a town read (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all), but in the case of someone like fish, who he says he doesn't really believe the claim, meaning he's reading him as scum, it's either a mislabeled null-read or intentional dissonance. Either way, his dismissal of so many players as VI is some indication that, again, he's more interested in looking actively engaged than being so. zekrom's 959 is more typically dull posting from him but I think he accidentally tripped over the discovery that sthar doesn't actually have much at all and for a full playerlist reads post, it leaves me at least still quite unsure of what sthar thinks.
This post is written at a time when sthar is already taking a lot of heat, but only has three votes on him. And the entire post is bullshit! "Intentional dissonance," REALLY? evilpacman18 doesn't even vote sthar until two other people hop on the wagon, making this post even worse, since sthar didn't post a single thing in that time.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

It really looks like epm is scum who didn't want to commit to the sthar wagon until it gained traction.
Vote: evilpacman18.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1587, Nikanor wrote:guys, this isn't assassins in the palace. you CAN give reasoning for your votes.
I will answer this real quick.

it has to do with perception and masking/mimicking that allows them to recreate and blend in.

sera has seen my scum game so I would expect him to be all like "ARGGGGGHHHHHH MOLLIE IS SCUM FUCKING LYNCH HER!!1!" but his push was weak especially since there was no appetite for it and this:
In post 1554, serrapaladin wrote:Watch him flip town...
without providing an alternative feels hollow. plus cabd had him as scum and cabd is a player that I respect so part of it also is sheeping his dead read.

it might not be the best but it is what I am going with for now altho I am gonna look at the vote jumps after zekrom scumclaimed (now that I am free of cabd paranoia) cos that would be a good time to bus.
whew!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I'd really recommend looking at evilpacman18's iso (shown above) for examples of scum-scum interactions with Zekrom.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I looked at serra's iso, and his first two posts (the vote and unvote of Zekrom) look legit to me? No idea why he'd jump off the Zekrom wagon when it was clear that he was going to be lynched.
I'd love to see his reasoning for the Yates vote tho
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

This is like the time I was town and you tried to have me lynched for using the word "appeal" and then I was right and won the game.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1592, Nikanor wrote:Honestly, the one thing that got me looking at evilpacman18 was this:
This post is written at a time when sthar is already taking a lot of heat, but only has three votes on him. And the entire post is bullshit! "Intentional dissonance," REALLY? evilpacman18 doesn't even vote sthar until two other people hop on the wagon, making this post even worse, since sthar didn't post a single thing in that time.
VOTE: NIK

last time someone said 'honestly' during a post they were scum. Sayin 'honestly' is a classic scum tell because if you were already honest about it you didn't need to emphasize honestly
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »