Micro 309: Triplicate Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Blackfish »

Tiershift, can you link me to a couple of your town and scum games?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by zoraster »

Avocado
goodmorning ( 0 )

RedCoyote ( 0 )

TierShift ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
goodmorning RedCoyote TierShift

Blueberry
BipolarChemist ( 0 )

BROseidon ( 0 )

Formerfish ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
BipolarChemist BROseidon Formerfish

Coconut
Blackfish ( 1 )
Who

LeMidget ( 0 )

Who ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Blackfish LeMidget

DeadlineDeadline is March 15 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-03-15 20:00:00)
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Blackfish »

Never mind. Found them.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 5, TierShift wrote:Yeehawwww, town for a change.

HOW ABOUT CAPSLOCK AVOCADO?

VOTE: tiershift

Crossvote already gm and grey.
ilu tier, sorry u r maf n such
In post 12, TierShift wrote:So, are we gonna majority FoS or just let the groups decide for themselves? I'd prefer the latter.
Why do you prefer the latter?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 23, TierShift wrote:I'm purposely townslipping, duh.

No, I missed that part on my first read. I see 'test private threads' and '3 groups of 3'. Now let's stop discussing this.

Midget, there's no need to fear a quickhammer, since it only ends when all 3 groups have hammered and until then you can change votes.
I am curious, what would you rather discuss instead?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by TierShift »

I'd rather discuss something that's not trivial.
In post 28, goodmorning wrote: ilu tier, sorry u r maf n such
LIES
In post 12, TierShift wrote:So, are we gonna majority FoS or just let the groups decide for themselves? I'd prefer the latter.
Eh, I came here to play LyLo's, guess this doesn't really work that way though.
I'd prefer it because I'm damn sure I'll trust my gut over other people's opinions when it really gets to it. I won't vote for who people want me to nor will I really expect others to do that.

So gm, waddaja think of blackfish so far?
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by LeMidget »

Oh! Thanks Tiershift. In that case I'll VOTE: Who because I'm a fair guy who thinks everyone who isn't me should be voted for! :D
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Blackfish »

LeMidget, why no comment on the discussion between me and Tiershift?
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by LeMidget »

I dunno. Would you like a comment on it?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Blackfish »

Yeah, I'd like to know what you think. Why RVS vote when plenty of discussion has taken place?
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by LeMidget »

I agree with Tiershift. It's an easy mistake to make. I'm going to assume zoraster is using it for scum and dead. I don't think there's anything behind it.
LeMidget
LeMidget
Goon
LeMidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by LeMidget »

And I wouldn't call the start of page 2 "plenty of discussion" either.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 30, TierShift wrote:
In post 28, goodmorning wrote:
Eh, I came here to play LyLo's, guess this doesn't really work that way though.
I'd prefer it because I'm damn sure I'll trust my gut over other people's opinions when it really gets to it. I won't vote for who people want me to nor will I really expect others to do that.
I see what you mean but for me, I kinda want to have all the information possible. I know I'm not infallible, and maybe someone else here can read someone better than I can.
So gm, waddaja think of blackfish so far?
Up to my last post I thought Town. Now? This continued pushing is a little aggressive, and I'm not really sure whether that's playstyle or something more sinister. It's also a little weird that he's focused on LM's not commenting on it and didn't mention that I didn't.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Who »

In post 24, Blackfish wrote:
In post 15, Who wrote:It's the fishes.
VOTE: Blackfish

Why would you assume that they are only for scum when the nature of the game (Town being divided into groups) implies that it could be for town as well?
Nothing about the nature of the game suggested that the three groups would have private communication. As far as I understood it, the group divisions are made solely for voting purposes and to help town with POE, with group members only being able to vote for themselves and town getting 2 confirmed townies when a mafia member is lynched. This I believe to counteract the mountainous effect of the game and provide a mechanic to help town in the absence of power roles. I assumed scum use the private threads instead of having a scum QT since that's what the OP implied. I am not following why I should think that the game implies town have private communication.
I'm not saying it should be assumed, I'm merely saying it is an easy mistake to make. Also, why would scum be stupid enough to ask publicly?
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

I wanna call Blackfish's overt pushing more town. Pushing out of the RVS I find is always good and gets discussion going, which is clearly has.

I'm also more inclined to believe TR's question was more meaningless due to the vague opening post. But I do think it would be an interesting mechanic to have this same game set-up but the three groups isolated until Day 2.

Is it possible to vote for no lynch in a group?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Who »

1. If that was directed at the mod, it should be bolded. If it was directed at the other players, why would we know more than you do? Because...
2. Reading the rules is good.
In post 2, zoraster wrote:Day 1 End and Lynching
3. If a group does NOT pick a player to lynch by the deadline, the Mafia will choose who within that group is to be lynched.

After Day 1
4. Town may select No Lynch at this point. Reaching deadline will no lynch.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Okay, Mr. Grumpy-Grumps.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 39, BipolarChemist wrote:I wanna call Blackfish's overt pushing more town. Pushing out of the RVS I find is always good and gets discussion going, which is clearly has.
This is an interesting thing to say.
Is it possible to vote for no lynch in a group?
Why did you ask this question? Like, I want to know where your head was at. The reason I phrased that colloquially is because I am not attaching any value judgement to my question. I genuinely want to know.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 38, Who wrote:
In post 24, Blackfish wrote:
In post 15, Who wrote:It's the fishes.
VOTE: Blackfish

Why would you assume that they are only for scum when the nature of the game (Town being divided into groups) implies that it could be for town as well?
Nothing about the nature of the game suggested that the three groups would have private communication. As far as I understood it, the group divisions are made solely for voting purposes and to help town with POE, with group members only being able to vote for themselves and town getting 2 confirmed townies when a mafia member is lynched. This I believe to counteract the mountainous effect of the game and provide a mechanic to help town in the absence of power roles. I assumed scum use the private threads instead of having a scum QT since that's what the OP implied. I am not following why I should think that the game implies town have private communication.
I'm not saying it should be assumed, I'm merely saying it is an easy mistake to make. Also, why would scum be stupid enough to ask publicly?
Scum are obviously not stupid enough to ask publicly why they haven't received their QT links and Tiershift asking for it was either a towntell (or a fake one). I wasn't sure enough which so I pushed him to see if he reacted in an alignment revealing way. His response was a little sarcastic and dismissive which bothered me so I checked to see if it was alignment indicative for him to react that way in his other games and found nothing. I have a slight town lean based on his trying to shut down the discussion but it is not strong.

As for your post, why did you jump in and answer for Tiershift before he had a chance to respond himself?
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 37, goodmorning wrote:Up to my last post I thought Town. Now? This continued pushing is a little aggressive, and I'm not really sure whether that's playstyle or something more sinister. It's also a little weird that he's focused on LM's not commenting on it and didn't mention that I didn't.
Why did you find it weird?

I focused on LM because he RVS voted as if there was nothing better to discuss while ignoring the discussion that
had
taken place. Your posts came across as prioritizing your own scumhunting of Tiershift by asking him why he wanted the groups to discuss among themselves as opposed to majority decisions.
Blackfish
Blackfish
Goon
Blackfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Blackfish »

In post 39, BipolarChemist wrote:I wanna call Blackfish's overt pushing more town. Pushing out of the RVS I find is always good and gets discussion going, which is clearly has.
The phrasing of this post is odd. You "wanna" call my overt pushing more town? What does that mean? Does it mean that you want to but can't?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 42, goodmorning wrote: Why did you ask this question? Like, I want to know where your head was at. The reason I phrased that colloquially is because I am not attaching any value judgement to my question. I genuinely want to know.
I guess curiosity. Never seen this set-up and I wanted to know and I thought the mod or other players would know better. Must have skimmed over it in the rules.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 45, Blackfish wrote:
The phrasing of this post is odd. You "wanna" call my overt pushing more town? What does that mean? Does it mean that you want to but can't?
It means I'm leaning more town on your pushing, but I'm not willing to say you're on my town list or anything.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 6, TierShift wrote:Wait why did I confuse redcoyote with greyice
Don't let Grey hear you say that.

---
goodmorning 37 wrote: Up to my last post I thought Town. Now? This continued pushing is a little aggressive, and I'm not really sure whether that's playstyle or something more sinister. It's also a little weird that he's focused on LM's not commenting on it and didn't mention that I didn't.
I can see this, but I also get a, like, none-of-my-business vibe, you know? I'm still trying to work all the details out in my head. So, like, we know that there cannot be two scum in one group. That means that if we leave all three groups as separate entities, we know for a fact that the two scum cannot work together to influence the entire game. Do you get where I am going?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

To be clear, I am proposing we more or less completely leave out cross group discussion until D2 and let each group kind of decide their own fate. This is because this will automatically put the scum at a disadvantage, I think, by keeping them from working together to influence the other groups. Any thoughts on this?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”