Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Vote Cubsfan4ever
start where I left off yesterday. Additionally 6 of his 15 posts yesterday were trying to get momentum on a Jack lynch.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
thrawn1020
thrawn1020
Goon
thrawn1020
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by thrawn1020 »

Process of elimination time: this tactic worked so well day one...

"How to find a Pro-Town Player"

Vote: Mert

2. Defend your vote with a bullshit reason, and watch who piles on behind you.

3. Vote somebody else.

[/sarcasm]

See how nicely I covered both one and two!?

Seriously, two power roles is a bummer. Time to get some reactions.
Mastermind of Sin, Locus Cosecant, Darklight140, Kwyjibo, Omniplx, and Uraj are scummy. *wink, wink*
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:42 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

Additionally 6 of his 15 posts yesterday were trying to get momentum on a Jack lynch.
uhh, by that logic shouldn't you be somewhat suspicious of the people advocating a lynch of AndrewS (including yourself).
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:59 am

Post by Jack »

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:
Additionally 6 of his 15 posts yesterday were trying to get momentum on a Jack lynch.
uhh, by that logic shouldn't you be somewhat suspicious of the people advocating a lynch of AndrewS (including yourself).
Its better to advocate the lynch of people who were trying to wagon now confirmed townies right? :-D

Self Vote Cubsfan, its your only hope at salvation.
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

what the fuck are you trippin' on dude?
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by AbboTT »

Hey guys- You will have my reaction after I get home.
I have limited access until Monday night.

: )

Happy Easter!
Meta? What meta?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:16 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm confused. Isn't someone advocating the lynch of someone they thought of as scum beter than someone who just votes for them for the sake of avoiding no lynch?
What about *Everyone else* who thought Jack was scummy?
And considering he was a replacer, I think it's more likely that he replaced spots with someone who was killed, and that's why he died. :P
Considering we now have proof of a vig (now dead) and no doctor left, it's also likely that the doctor killed someone - the same person jack replaced with - and that's why jack died. The mafia more likely than not killed the vig.
Vote : Yamahoko
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Skruffs wrote:I'm confused. Isn't someone advocating the lynch of someone they thought of as scum beter than someone who just votes for them for the sake of avoiding no lynch?
What about *Everyone else* who thought Jack was scummy?
And considering he was a replacer, I think it's more likely that he replaced spots with someone who was killed, and that's why he died. :P
Considering we now have proof of a vig (now dead) and no doctor left, it's also likely that the doctor killed someone - the same person jack replaced with - and that's why jack died. The mafia more likely than not killed the vig.
Vote : Yamahoko
I wasn't saying Cubsfan killed Jack. My point was that Cubsfan was scummy yesterday - and now seeing that Jack is town - looking at who was adamant at trying to get him lynched is a fruitful endeavor. Nearly half of all of Cubsfan's posts were in some way attacking Jack. My theory is that he, as a mafia member, knew Jack was innocent - say that Jack's behavior was questionable and tried (unsuccessfully) to get a wagon going. I think its pretty obvious (unless there's an SK) that the Vig targeted Jack, Jack targeted the Vig, which would cause the Vig to Vig herself - and then Mafia targeted the Vig which led to Jack's death. Incredibly bad luck for us.

I wouldn't be singling him out today, if I wasn't already sure he was scum yesterday. I'd be glad to hear an actual analysis from you though :-)
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Mert »

Yamahako [359] wrote:I think its pretty obvious (unless there's an SK) that the Vig targeted Jack, Jack targeted the Vig, which would cause the Vig to Vig herself - and then Mafia targeted the Vig which led to Jack's death. Incredibly bad luck for us.
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the possibility of there being an SK, personally.

HD had posted earlier that she wasn't sure who she was most suspicious of. This could be her trying to hide her role, or it could be an indication of the fact that she had no intention of vigging N1 - something which she could refer to later to back up her claim.

Similarly, Jack may not have used his role.

Don't get me wrong, I think your post makes sense, but it is only one of a few possibilities in my mind and I'm not ready to write off the possibility of an SK just yet.

On a seperate note, I'd like to revisit this if I may:
spectrumvoid [312] wrote:I forgot something important that happened early game. For the record, I think AndrewS is not scum.
Spectrum, now that Andrew's role is confirmed, can you please clarify (with quotes or post numbers where applicable) what you were referring to here.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Skruffs »

MOD :
If a replacer trades with scum, will they automatically die?
thrawn1020
thrawn1020
Goon
thrawn1020
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:35 am

Post by thrawn1020 »

*bump* Waiting for mod answer to the replacer question. Also waiting on some of the information requested by others who are in this game. I understand many of you were busy or otherwise unavailable over the Easter weekend, and look forward to seeing you back here soon.

-thrawn1020
Mastermind of Sin, Locus Cosecant, Darklight140, Kwyjibo, Omniplx, and Uraj are scummy. *wink, wink*
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by IH »

Skruffs wrote:MOD :
If a replacer trades with scum, will they automatically die?
No

Votecount will also be restarting on the next page.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Now that Andrew's role is confirmed, I realise that my assumption of his role name was wrong. I do not wish to clarify further, and no, I'm not doing a soft-claim or breadcrumb or anything else in this post.

I skimmed through. Why are we speculating whether the doc killed someone? I'm assuming either mafia/sk killed the vig/replacer, mafia/sk killed the vig, the vig killed the replacer. We shouldn't rule out the possibility of an sk.
Blank.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Skruffs »

An SK, I guess, actually is quite plausible. Well, looking at what people said just befre the lynch, i think i have atheory on what happened - and it doesn't involve a vig. :P

Vote stays. Yamo is pretending to be town while being misleading.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Skruffs »

THE reason being first of all that HD never hinted at being a power role or offered theories of her own - and her only response to JAck was that he might be the village idiot.

Secondly - Jack's ability equates to being a bodyguard. A choose-your-target bodyguard. Why would he bodyguard HD?
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Yamahako »

Skruffs wrote: Vote stays. Yamo is pretending to be town while being misleading.
This isn't related to the game, and its not just you that does it - but my name is Yam
A
h
A
ko "Yamaha" like the keyboard company, and "ko."

Its from the japanese "Yama" meaning mountain, and "Hako" meaning box.
thrawn1020
thrawn1020
Goon
thrawn1020
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:39 am

Post by thrawn1020 »

My thoughts are that the vig would likely not kill in the first night, if only to see what the situation was. There's no reason to kill before there's more information. I don't follow the reasoning behind how the kills could have happened without the vig unless you mean that there's an SK kill, and you could have just said that.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Mert »

Actually, the more I think about it, the more Yamahako's Post 359 worries me. Particularly the "I think its pretty obvious..." part.

I don't quite see how it's more obvious that there was a vig kill. As Thrawn said, I don't think a vig would necessarily kill on N1 and I don't see why Jack would swap with Hemisphere Dancer above all others.

I detect a slight reluctance to highlight the liklihood of there being an SK in his post so I'm going to
Vote: Yamahako
for the time being.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Skruffs »

Mert - why do you think he's more likely sk than mafia?

Yamahako is a vrey nice name, my apologies for butchering it.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Yamahako »

Mert wrote:Actually, the more I think about it, the more Yamahako's Post 359 worries me. Particularly the "I think its pretty obvious..." part.

I don't quite see how it's more obvious that there was a vig kill. As Thrawn said, I don't think a vig would necessarily kill on N1 and I don't see why Jack would swap with Hemisphere Dancer above all others.

I detect a slight reluctance to highlight the liklihood of there being an SK in his post so I'm going to
Vote: Yamahako
for the time being.
An SK makes sense, but the problem with an SK is Jack would have to have not targeted anyone
and
HD would have to have not targeted anyone for it to have ended up the way it did. Unless the SK would have happened someone that Jack Targeted
and
HD didn't target. It's not that I don't think there's an SK, its just I think we are one kill short if there was. But don't take stock in this because its all speculation.
thrawn1020
thrawn1020
Goon
thrawn1020
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:41 am

Post by thrawn1020 »

Jack would have been a likely target for an SK/Vig on Night one, if only for being confusing day one. That sort of confusion might draw me as a vig to kill night one, even though I know it usually is a bad idea. An SK might reason that while Jack is drawing attention away from himself, killing him might set up future plays among the other players who pushed for his lynch on early day one. *shrug* Unless they both chose randomly, then we're up a creek! ;)

Point is, nothing can be assumed until tomorrow. Then we'll be able to figure out what happened last night.

Unvote
, because I don't think Mert is scum.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

I think we should be able to learn a lot just from reading over day 1. For starters, I believe AbboTT was the first person to vote for AndrewS (doctor) yesterday, while Yamahako has not voted for AbboTT/Simenon. This makes me suspicious of both of them.

But I am more interested in ubertimmy, who stressed that he was a very bad lynch shortly before the deadline. We have now lost two power roles, which means the probability he actually is power role is much smaller now. Since ubertimmy is also alive, he is much more likely to be mafia than anyone else.

It is possible that a killer and Jack the replacer targetted ubertimmy, but this is not that likely.

I'd also strongly suggest we do a forced NAME-claim. You may have noted each of the dead townies has the name not of a anime character, but of a Manga. I don't think it can hurt the town to reveal our names. For instance, AndrewS was named Bleach, but Bleach is not about a doctor as far as I can tell.

It is important, if we do this name-claim, that we do it in an arbitrary order. Perhaps the mafia's Manga's are evil-themed, in which case they will have to pick another one. We should try and force mafia to go first so we have the chance to catch them with a counter-claim.

Kudos/Complaints encouraged re: name-claiming
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Yamahako »

cuban smoker wrote:I think we should be able to learn a lot just from reading over day 1. For starters, I believe AbboTT was the first person to vote for AndrewS (doctor) yesterday, while Yamahako has not voted for AbboTT/Simenon. This makes me suspicious of both of them.

But I am more interested in ubertimmy, who stressed that he was a very bad lynch shortly before the deadline. We have now lost two power roles, which means the probability he actually is power role is much smaller now. Since ubertimmy is also alive, he is much more likely to be mafia than anyone else.

It is possible that a killer and Jack the replacer targetted ubertimmy, but this is not that likely.

I'd also strongly suggest we do a forced NAME-claim. You may have noted each of the dead townies has the name not of a anime character, but of a Manga. I don't think it can hurt the town to reveal our names. For instance, AndrewS was named Bleach, but Bleach is not about a doctor as far as I can tell.

It is important, if we do this name-claim, that we do it in an arbitrary order. Perhaps the mafia's Manga's are evil-themed, in which case they will have to pick another one. We should try and force mafia to go first so we have the chance to catch them with a counter-claim.

Kudos/Complaints encouraged re: name-claiming
I'm not against the idea of a name claim, however I'm not sure what it will gain us. The only way it should is if mafia didn't get Anime-style claims. Though I supposed if the mafia are "Posing wannabe's" then they wouldn't have true anime... hmmm

Bleach doesn't have a doc (except Ishin, and Uryu's Dad), but there are many characters who can heal other people :-)

The biggest problem with a mass name claim is going to be getting the lurkers to actually post so we aren't waiting forever to hear from them...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”