Newbie 1484 (Day Two)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Bulb/48.
1.) You place it in such a way it appears to be part of your intro so yeah lie by placement.
2.) You are ignoring the fact that’s the first time I came to the thread + my first post why?
3.) Yes it is null, I’m telling that to the person who thinks it’s town.
4.) Sounds like you’re saying their point is invalid because a minor point is wrong to me.
5.) The first newbie to post believed you. Another one later did too. Yet you feel justified in saying “nobody would believe me” how?

And posturing, what is that?

@Faries: It takes out the personal aspect that allows people to actually get reads. Thus it appears you’re trying to avoid letting people get a read on you.

Bulb is acting far too defensive.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:52 am

Post by Hopkirk »

It is too late.
If you aren't in a game please don't talk during it.
If you want to play as a new player try posting /in here:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28176 and you will get a game (may be a slight wait).
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:59 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

If I truly wanted to disallow people from getting a read on me, I wouldn't post at all, or at very least, I would post sparingly.

I'm not taking out the personal aspect of the game, I'm just attempting to explain the personal aspect of the game with numbers.

What makes the distinction between you being defensive and Bulb acting "far too defensive"? As in, why do you believe your defensive behavior to be justified while his is not even though both of you have a similar defense?
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Number_0ne
Number_0ne
Goon
Number_0ne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Number_0ne »

Hopkirk
In post 47, Hopkirk wrote:
1.) IT was successful for him last time. He’s arguing doing it again makes him the same allignemnt as last time. I say it means nothing as if he’s scum he would be saying it so he could self-meta later/now.
Agreed.
2.) “He said he didn’t mislead”… he did though; see the point I’m trying to make?
I can't really tell if it is that misleading, since I wasn't mislead. However, I have been playing mafia for a while, so I don't know how it would appear to newer players.
3.) I’m asking why he chose to say it in the middle of his intro post in a position that makes it appear a fact. Then he lies about it despite proof being there…
It's not really a fact, rather it is a probability. There is only a 70% chance for at least 1 of the SE's and IC's to be mafia. However, lets take this into consideration. If he was part of town, then from his point of view, those odds drop to about 45%.

Is Bulba's statement a bit strange? Sure. However, I find your reaction even stranger. I just can't understand it. It seems too out of hand to be either town or scum. It may be understandable for a newer player, but I just can't see where you are going with this. That said, it seems more defensive town than scum. For now, I'd say you're null, slightly leaning town.

Bulbazak

I'm still observing for now, not sure what to make of it.

I Love Fairies

You, I'm a bit more suspicious of.
In post 43, I Love Fairies wrote: I see 2 townies arguing with each other. However, I will not unvote as nothing either of you has said has led me to believe you are town either, putting everyone at an equal footing of 22% chance of being scum (2scum/9players).

If I see Bulba gaining any more votes than he currently has, I will probably unvote.
You said both of them are town, then they aren't, and then you will unvote later? That leaves you flexible to bandwagon one of them later on as more people vote, or say they're townies and change your vote entirely. Its rather opportunistic and puts you in a good position to lynch a townie later on. Also, wouldn't your percentage be 2/8, rather than 2/9?

I don't have anything stronger to go on, so...
VOTE: Unvote
VOTE: I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:21 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

How I see the situation at the moment is 2 town players bickering at each other. However, I'm well aware that they could be the scum team trying to set up town cred for each other for "arguing with each other".

Yes, I'm leaving myself flexible for switching over to votes because nothing is concrete yet and as new evidence becomes clear, I'll adapt my opinion to the new information. It's interesting how you're accusing me of keeping myself open for switching my vote, yet you've switched your vote in each of your posts so far. Percentage is 2/9 because I was taking an objective stance and stating that each of us had an equal chance of being scum. From my viewpoint, it would be 2/8 as I would disclude myself as I know myself to be town.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:35 am

Post by LessThanOriginal »

In post 51, Hopkirk wrote: 5.) The first newbie to post believed you. Another one later did too. Yet you feel justified in saying “nobody would believe me” how?
What part of "I didn't believe him, but was trying to follow through on what he was trying to do" don't you get? Don't twist events to fix your view; it really won't help you in the long run.

(That said, it appears that at least one person did take take what he said seriously so your point isn't entirely undermined.)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I have a better lead. Bulb is neutrally read by hop.

Vote faries
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Other thing isn't going anywhere and I'm just restating the same thing over and over so it's not an effective use of my time + It's allowing people to fly under the radar too much.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:52 am

In post 53, I Love Fairies wrote:If I truly wanted to disallow people from getting a read on me, I wouldn't post at all, or at very least, I would post sparingly.
Interesting that you would think this way. How would you say the Mafia would act then?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:53 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Well that was stupid. Voting without a reason is not beneficial for anyone other than scum.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:54 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 59, LessThanOriginal wrote:
In post 53, I Love Fairies wrote:If I truly wanted to disallow people from getting a read on me, I wouldn't post at all, or at very least, I would post sparingly.
Interesting that you would think this way. How would you say the Mafia would act then?
I would imagine they'd be a lot quieter and the input they would give would be more meta game and setup based than specific.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Hopkirk »

53 and 55 are reason enough.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

Actually, I'm quite okay with this lynch. Those who would be willing to go through with this lynch are very likely to be scum. The reasons for voting me are highly illegitimate and already contradictions and inconsistencies have shown themselves with your pressure on me. I'm willing to trade my life for a much clearer picture of who is scum. It's a good trade off.

I'd be willing to bet that either Hopkirk or One (perhaps both) are scum based on their reasons given for wanting to lynch me.

If this lynch does manage to go through, I'd like this post to be referenced.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:17 am

In post 63, I Love Fairies wrote:Actually, I'm quite okay with this lynch. Those who would be willing to go through with this lynch are very likely to be scum. The reasons for voting me are highly illegitimate and already contradictions and inconsistencies have shown themselves with your pressure on me. I'm willing to trade my life for a much clearer picture of who is scum. It's a good trade off.

I'd be willing to bet that either Hopkirk or One (perhaps both) are scum based on their reasons given for wanting to lynch me.

If this lynch does manage to go through, I'd like this post to be referenced.
It takes a majority for a lynch to go through so that would require 5(?) players to be scum by your line of thought.

Of course, it's ages away from the deadline so you're being a bit pre-emptive anyway. I mean, I think we may be out of RVS now, but still, the chances of a lynch sticking at this point are minimal unless you just dig yourself deeper. Which could happen, I suppose.
Docthorr
Docthorr
Goon
Docthorr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Docthorr »

Sadly I have been very busy today and have a birthday to attend tomorrow (family, few hours drive) I won't be able to post until late tomorrow evening. This means I can't be active and get a good post out. (Jep excuses, excuses)
I will UNVOTE: 1 for now.

Hopkirk is really confusing me with his line of thoughts, from the start. Hammering on, what is in my opinion, a joke from our Bulbazak.
Fairies is on the fence, can't get a solid read.
0ne looks towny
JarJar and Bulba are null

These are more gut reads, than anything else.

Vega is obv. town :wink:
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

Vote: Fairies

Fairies got involved in Bulbs and Hops conversation when she (or he) was obviously not needed. It makes me think she was trying to sow distrust between us.

Note:
I wanted to vote Fairies BEFORE I read those posts so I'm not bandwagoning
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Well I don't know how people feel about lynching lurkers but I'm all for it especially in noob games. I think we need to make sure EVERYONE posts often.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 63, I Love Fairies wrote:Actually, I'm quite okay with this lynch. Those who would be willing to go through with this lynch are very likely to be scum. The reasons for voting me are highly illegitimate and already contradictions and inconsistencies have shown themselves with your pressure on me. I'm willing to trade my life for a much clearer picture of who is scum. It's a good trade off.
If you're town then you shouldn't be ok w/ yourself getting lynched. Yeah, we'll get some information but it would obviously be much better if we lynched scum.

I probably have you as my strongest townlead right now so I think the votes on you are pretty bad.

Also, I actually agree w/ you that one of the people voting for you is likely scum. I'd say that Number_0ne is the least likely of the group to be scum beacause I think scum is more likely to hop on board a bandwogon than start one.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 66, Thesoctorisin wrote:
Vote: Fairies

Fairies got involved in Bulbs and Hops conversation when she (or he) was obviously not needed. It makes me think she was trying to sow distrust between us.

Note:
unvote
vote: Thesoctorisin

Scummiest post in the thread so far. Just hops on the bandwagon that is starting to form and give absolutely terrible reasoning.

Why exactly is Fairies scummier than all the other people that got involved in the bulbs hops discussion? What specifically did she say that gave you the impression she was trying to sow distrust?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

--:Vote Count:--
  • Thesoctorisin [ 1 ] JarJarDrinks
  • Docthorr [ 0 ]
  • LessThanOriginal [ 0 ]
  • JarJarDrinks [ 0 ]
  • I Love Fairies [ 3 ] Number_0ne, Hopkirk, Thesoctorisin

• Number_0ne [ 0 ]
  • Hopkirk [ 1 ] Bulbazak
  • catboi [ 0 ]
  • Bulbazak [ 1 ] I Love Fairies
Not Voting
: LessThanOriginal, catboi, Docthorr
Amount To Lynch
: With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch
Deadline
: 11:59PM of March 21st EST.
Last edited by Robocopter87 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by catboi »

@mod: typically it's considered polite to PM your players when the game thread opens. I'm very upset that I didn't get to OMGUS Bulbazak on page 1.

VOTE: Thesoctorisin

Why did you feel the need to specify that you're not bandwagoning? Were you worried about being accused of it? Methinks you protest too much.

I'm also pretty sure fairies is town, so that's not a good wagon. Not moving her vote just because she says she has doubts certainly isn't a scum-tell, unvoting is nice in a symbolic way, but it doesn't really matter
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

In case you didn't realize @JarJar, I specifically said I was NOT bandwagoning and @cabd, I mentioned this because I dislike people who bandwagon and I felt I had a good read on Fairies before reading the comments voting Fairies. JarJar, you were the only other person commenting on that argument but I reread all your posts and I still feel as if you are town. I don't trust Fairies, however, because she basically said Bulba was scum in her first post. She then went back and got on the fence in the argument. Both of these post were, I feel, after RVS. I may be new but I'm pretty sure someone who is is trying to sow discomtempt would change their mind a lot. This might just be her play style but seeing as Iv got no experience with play styles I think she is scum. I stand by my decision to vote Fairies but if someone does something to change my mind I will ,obviously, change my vote.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 49, I Love Fairies wrote: Bulba, what do you mean by "posturing"?
He was laying the groundwork for a future push, in this case, his push on you. Essentially, he says that my wagon wasn't going anywhere, so he hops on the wagon he was preparing as an escape route.
In post 50, Hopkirk wrote: 1.) You place it in such a way it appears to be part of your intro so yeah lie by placement.
It
is
part of my intro. It's just not serious, as it's an RVS vote meant to illustrate the concept I just finished explaining.

In post 50, Hopkirk wrote: 2.) You are ignoring the fact that’s the first time I came to the thread + my first post why?
How am I ignoring that? Why is it important? Are you now trying to say that you
weren't
serious when you accused me of cheating?
In post 50, Hopkirk wrote: 4.) Sounds like you’re saying their point is invalid because a minor point is wrong to me.
If I thought her point was invalid, why did I ask her to expand on it?
In post 50, Hopkirk wrote: 5.) The first newbie to post believed you. Another one later did too. Yet you feel justified in saying “nobody would believe me” how?
I haven't seen any newbies who believed it, and the ones who were confused asked me about it, and I was only too happy to expand on it.
In post 50, Hopkirk wrote: Bulb is acting far too defensive.
Coming from the guy who freaked out over an RVS vote, I'll take this with a grain of salt. You can keep trying to discredit me if you like, though.
In post 56, Hopkirk wrote:I have a better lead. Bulb is neutrally read by hop.

Vote faries
:neutral:

In post 62, I Love Fairies wrote: I'd be willing to bet that either Hopkirk or One (perhaps both) are scum based on their reasons given for wanting to lynch me.
Then why aren't you voting one of them?
In post 65, Thesoctorisin wrote:
Note:
Why do you feel the need to inform us that you're not bandwagoning? That seems awfully self-conscious.
In post 66, JarJarDrinks wrote:Well I don't know how people feel about lynching lurkers but I'm all for it especially in noob games.
The only way I would even consider lynching a lurker is if we couldn't find scum and we needed a compromise wagon. I don't think that will be the case.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

1.) You don’t say at any point it’s not serious. The rest of it is serious. There is no way a new player is going to know it’s not serious if it’s in the part your explaining the game (if they haven’t played before).
2.) Because you said twice that I only “made a deal of it after jarjar voted me”… despite the fact I wasn’t here BEFORE jarjar voted and I didn’t reference jarjr at all. This just sounds like you trying to shift the blame to jarjar from yourself. It’s relevant as you’re making a major misrep (implying I posted before jarjar when I didn’t) central to what you’re saying.

@Thesoc: So someone has a wagon on them then someone else votes them is bandwagoning. It’s still bandwagoning even if you say it is… the difference would be having reason.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:53 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

even if you say it isn't*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”