Newbie 1484 (Day Two)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:31 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 149, Hopkirk wrote:The scumslip is you’d only know it’s a fact if you were scum. Since you’re saying it that way you’re either doc/jailkeeper or scum.
It's a fact that anything that can help mafia choose night targets can also help a doctor or jailkeeper choose protection targets. I never said it was a fact that we definately have one of those roles.

In post 149, Hopkirk wrote:The one has to be scum is implied, not stated, by your reads on me and bulb.
No it isn't. While I think think it's likely one of you is scum I'm not implying it has to be true @ all. What I am implying w/ my reads is that you BOTH can't be scum. That is something I'm pretty confident about. That one of you flipping red clears the other.

In post 149, Hopkirk wrote:Soctor: obliviously it's the wagon on you i'm talking about... Biggest wagon and you don't make any game specific content is suspicious... then you vote me (seemingly for questioning you) right after that.
This I agree with. Saying you're gonna wait untill day 2 to talk about stuff when you're the leading vote getter is a little strange.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The way you said it sounds like you know there is a protector. This isn't enough to justify a significant scumread though.
Ok.

UNVOTE: Jarjar

Intent to vote socra but don't want to put him on l-1 yet.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:47 am

Post by LessThanOriginal »

@soctor: Given it's now pretty likely that you'll flip I think a read list from you (and *just* you) would be useful.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 143, Hopkirk wrote: Also “And also, if it can help scum choose their NK, it can also help people w/ protection roles choose their targets.” Both protectors having mafia roleblocker in their column. It sounds like a slip kind of as it sonds like he knows there is a protector.
There's also setups featuring protectors and no roleblockers. This is quite a leap to make.
In post 149, Hopkirk wrote:The scumslip is you’d only know it’s a fact if you were scum. Since you’re saying it that way you’re either doc/jailkeeper or scum.
Why would you even say this as town?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 153, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 143, Hopkirk wrote: Also “And also, if it can help scum choose their NK, it can also help people w/ protection roles choose their targets.” Both protectors having mafia roleblocker in their column. It sounds like a slip kind of as it sonds like he knows there is a protector.
There's also setups featuring protectors and no roleblockers. This is quite a leap to make.
Why would you even say this as town?
Response to both:
Because the both setups with roleblocker have protect, sounds like he was 100% sure there was one.
Why did you bring it up after i said it didn't matter?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hey all! I finally have internet back!

Unbeknownst to you, I've actually had no internet since the day that I received the message that my newbie game was up, and I've been taking every opportunity I've had to ensure that I fit you in. But now that isn't necessary!

So without further ado, I shall post a votecount!
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

--:Vote Count:--
  • Thesoctorisin [ 3 ] JarJarDrinks, catboi, Number_0ne

• Docthorr [ 0 ]
  • LessThanOriginal [ 1 ] Docthorr
  • JarJarDrinks [ 0 ]
  • I Love Fairies [ 0 ]
  • Number_0ne [ 1 ] I Love Fairies
  • Hopkirk [ 2 ] Bulbazak, Thesoctorisin
  • catboi [ 0 ]
  • Bulbazak [ 0 ]
Not Voting
: LessThanOriginal, Hopkirk
Amount To Lynch
: With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch
Deadline
: 11:59PM of March 21st EST.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Number_0ne
Number_0ne
Goon
Number_0ne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Number_0ne »

Sorry I haven't been posting much recently.

First of all, there is a setup with doc, cop, and roleblocker, as well as one with goon, doctor, and tracker. So there seems to be a misunderstanding.

This whole thing about protective roles seems a bit detrimental and destructive, so lets change topics.

Hopkirk, why don't you want to vote thesoctor yet?

And for those who aren't voting thesoctor, why is whoever you are voting for scummier than thesoctor?
Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Thesoctorisin »

The one has to be scum is implied, not stated, by your reads on me and bulb.

Incite= 101

Soctor: obliviously it's the wagon on you i'm talking about... Biggest wagon and you don't make any game specific content is suspicious... then you vote me (seemingly for questioning you) right after that.
I didn't realize it was my wagon you were talking about. What do you mean when you say "game specific content is suspicious"?
JarJarDrinks wrote:
It's a fact that anything that can help mafia choose night targets can also help a doctor or jailkeeper choose protection targets. I never said it was a fact that we definately have one of those roles.

In post 149, Hopkirk wrote:The one has to be scum is implied, not stated, by your reads on me and bulb.
No it isn't. While I think think it's likely one of you is scum I'm not implying it has to be true @ all. What I am implying w/ my reads is that you BOTH can't be scum. That is something I'm pretty confident about. That one of you flipping red clears the other.

In post 149, Hopkirk wrote:Soctor: obliviously it's the wagon on you i'm talking about... Biggest wagon and you don't make any game specific content is suspicious... then you vote me (seemingly for questioning you) right after that.
This I agree with. Saying you're gonna wait untill day 2 to talk about stuff when you're the leading vote getter is a little strange.
I forgot that I am probably going to get lynched today so ,@<original, I will post a reads list.

Leaning toward town
Jarjar, #1: I trust them (even if they are voting for me)
Null
Catboi, fairies, <original
Leaning toward scum
Doctorhh (he is being creepily silent)
Scum
Hopkirk, Bulba (explain them in a second)

If I get lynched today I know at least I got to contribute to the scum hunt :(

I think both Bulba and Hopkirk are scummy because if they were town they would be contributing to our scum hunt. All they have been doing for 4 pages is just arguing about some dumb RVS vote. I can only vote for one and I just have a feeling that Hopkirk is scummier.

P.s. If I missed anyone's question or comment just tell me (still figuring out how to post;))
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

Honestly, I really don't understand why Hopkirk is seen as the scummier of the two between him and Bulb.

I currently thing that Bulba is scummier than Hopkirk.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

And then he ignores the q again and purposly misquotes something (by leaving out the word don't which is right before what he quotes) i say then continues with his previous stuff.

Vote soctor

@No1: That's not what i was saying but i no longer care about what i was saying.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 154, Hopkirk wrote: Because the both setups with roleblocker have protect, sounds like he was 100% sure there was one.
Why did you bring it up after i said it didn't matter?
Because it was an awfully big oversight. Plus there was the fact there was another way he could be certain, which you seemed aware of, and yet you went ahead and confronted him anyway. The town reaction would have been to keep your mouth closed, and if it was still a big point against him d2 or d3, bring it up then.
In post 157, Number_0ne wrote: And for those who aren't voting thesoctor, why is whoever you are voting for scummier than thesoctor?
Because Hopkirk reacted like scum caught for the wrong reason. It's a fairly reliable reaction, and I'm going to continue to push him on it.
In post 158, Thesoctorisin wrote: I think both Bulba and Hopkirk are scummy because if they were town they would be contributing to our scum hunt.
I've felt I've been contributing fairly well.
In post 158, Thesoctorisin wrote: All they have been doing for 4 pages is just arguing about some dumb RVS vote.
Actually, it's a fairly important matter. Yes, Hopkirk freaked out over an RVS vote, but it was the way it was done that is telling. Instead of OMGUSing, which might be somewhat expected (and is not always scummy), he instead accused me of cheating. Keep in mind this is a wildly unsubstantiated statement, and the mere implication should be enough to make any town SE think twice before accusing the IC of such a thing. However, Hopkirk goes at this in full force. Why? Because he felt as if he had been caught early for the wrong reasons, and, quite frankly, bad reasons, so he flips out and flails around trying to discredit everything having to do with the vote on him. Like I said, that reaction is telling, because the town reaction would be to laugh off his vote on him somehow, like Majiffy did in the previous game I IC'd in, or to OMGUS JarJar. A normal reaction
is not
to attack the IC over a joke because someone voted him. That's a scum reaction.
In post 159, I Love Fairies wrote:Honestly, I really don't understand why Hopkirk is seen as the scummier of the two between him and Bulb.

Why?

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

"Because it was an awfully big oversight."
No you just aren't reading what i said. Anything with roleblocker in it also has a protect role. If he was scum he must know there's a scum roleblocker thus a protector.

"Yes, Hopkirk freaked out over an RVS vote"
Uh no, i pushed you on it and you kept ignoring my questions which is pretty scummy imo. "he instead accused me of cheating" and i never said this so quit the misrep.
And i caught you early (though i have had second thoughts at times but you keep making yourself look bad again).

"A normal reaction is not to attack the IC over a joke"
And yet you never bothered to say it was a joke at the start when i asked why you said it. Changing reasons again i see.

Bulb getting much scummier again.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 159, I Love Fairies wrote:Honestly, I really don't understand why Hopkirk is seen as the scummier of the two between him and Bulb.

It's not.
It just looks that way as bulb's a loud person.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:11 am

@Bulbazak: I think that the claims of cheating were unsubstantiated because that clearly wasn't your intention, but I do think he had a point with it potentially being misleading to people who are unsure what's going on. I don't think your original post was indicative of alignment, but neither do I think that his *original* response was. What happened after that when it escalated may possibly be useful, but I think the initial posts give nothing useful as to your alignments. Keep in mind I've believed him about claiming the vote had nothing to do with it when trying to reason this through, but I find it hard to believe that scum would be so blatant in responding to a vote like that so.

Ninja'd.
LessThanOriginal
LessThanOriginal
Goon
LessThanOriginal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:13 am

In post 164, LessThanOriginal wrote:@Bulbazak: I think that the claims of cheating were unsubstantiated because that clearly wasn't your intention, but I do think he had a point with it potentially being misleading to people who are unsure what's going on. I don't think your original post was indicative of alignment, but neither do I think that his *original* response was. What happened after that when it escalated may possibly be useful, but I think the initial posts give nothing useful as to your alignments. Keep in mind I've believed him about claiming the vote had nothing to do with it when trying to reason this through, but I find it hard to believe that scum would be so blatant in responding to a vote like that so.

Ninja'd.
Basically, after thinking this through it gives me slight Town vibes on Hopkirk and nothing on Bulbazak.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:18 am

Post by I Love Fairies »

I find Bulba to be more scummy because Bulba has the most experience out of all of us, yet he really only responds to things that are directly related to him. Hopkirk, the less experienced of the two, adds his opinion to most conversations and I find that to be more townish than it is scum. Bulba really hasn't added a lot to the game.

Bulba seems to have a perfect excuse for a variety of scummy behaviors that I've called him out on.
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:26 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

If soctor ends up flipping red like I'm really thinking he will, then I'd say that Bulb looks WAAAAY worse then Hopkirk.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 162, Hopkirk wrote:"Because it was an awfully big oversight."
No you just aren't reading what i said. Anything with roleblocker in it also has a protect role. If he was scum he must know there's a scum roleblocker thus a protector.
And again, this is quite a leap to make, as there are other explanations.
In post 162, Hopkirk wrote: Uh no, i pushed you on it and you kept ignoring my questions which is pretty scummy imo.
What questions am I ignoring. I've addressed everything you've said.
In post 162, Hopkirk wrote: "he instead accused me of cheating" and i never said this so quit the misrep.
When you said I was trying to mislead players, you were accusing me of abusing my position as IC. This is in defiance to the guidelines I am forced to play to in this position (you know the ones in the article I linked to?). Ergo, you were accusing me of cheating.
In post 162, Hopkirk wrote: "A normal reaction is not to attack the IC over a joke"
And yet you never bothered to say it was a joke at the start when i asked why you said it. Changing reasons again i see.
RVS vote = non-serious reasoning. Or are you really telling me that you're a helper monkey, maybe one with a nice red hat on your head?
In post 166, I Love Fairies wrote:I find Bulba to be more scummy because Bulba has the most experience out of all of us
So Burden of Proficiency (Saying someone should be lynched because they're experienced and more likely to be dangerous if scum, even though the inverse is true if they're town.).

In post 166, I Love Fairies wrote: yet he really only responds to things that are directly related to him.
Not true. I've made inquiries outside posts related to me. Most recently, I pushed Soctor on his self-consciousness in regards to his pushing a wagon.
In post 166, I Love Fairies wrote: Bulba really hasn't added a lot to the game.
So you've gotten nothing useful from my interactions and questions?

P-edit: How so?

Thesoctorisin
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Thesoctorisin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Thesoctorisin »

What question did I ignore? And when I left out "don't" it's because I don't understand what you mean by "game specific content"? Are you saying that Iv been posting stuff that is irrevalent? (I'm seriously confused by what you mean) If so, what did I post that is irrevalent?

@jarjar Can you explain your reasoning when you say that me flipping will make Bulba look scummy?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Bulb:
1.) Because that can’t be applied to anything? If you say “ooh it’s pointless to say that as it doesn’t 100% prove they’re scum” then you can’t say anything at all. You need to actually do stuff or nothing gets down.
2.) The past tense implies the past.
3.) If you read the post while pretending you have no knowledge of the game you would see how someone believing it totally would be misled.
4.) I never attacked the vote, I attacked the placement of a comment in a post.

My feelings on bulb and mixed and I do not want to a lynch on him today.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

This is my int of the start:
-explains what rvs is
-places a vote implied to be random
-You say one of the ses is confirmed to be scum
-it’s implied to be randomly selected between the two ses
-Jarjar (new) then appear to believe that statement
-Jar jar was misled by your statement as he believed one of the ses had to be scum as you said
-You misled jarjar
-I accused you of misleading him (later others too)
-You denied it
-It happened.
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

I'm not even going to bother responding to Bulba at this point. His paraphrasing and taking parts of statements that I've made to create a different, easier argument to defend against. He's not reading my posts and he's trying to make me look scummy by responding to only fragments of a single argument. His posts are based around making himself look more like town and making others look more like scum rather than actually trying to find scum.

At this point, I'm more willing to lynch Bulba over Number One or Soctor.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bulba
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 171, Hopkirk wrote:This is my int of the start:
-explains what rvs is
-places a vote implied to be random
-You say one of the ses is confirmed to be scum
-it’s implied to be randomly selected between the two ses
-Jarjar (new) then appear to believe that statement
-Jar jar was misled by your statement as he believed one of the ses had to be scum as you said
-You misled jarjar
-I accused you of misleading him (later others too)
-You denied it
-It happened.
As I've said a few times now, I was not mislead. I knew 100% that his post was a joke and he wasn't actually implying that one of the SEs had to be scum. My vote for you was merely me following up on his joke.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 169, Thesoctorisin wrote:@jarjar Can you explain your reasoning when you say that me flipping will make Bulba look scummy?
When I asked bulb about you his one word response was "scum". Yet he hasn't voted for you. He hasn't questioned you or pressured you at all aside from a single throwaway comment. The fact that you're a vote from being hammered and he isn't discussing it @ all is odd.

And also the fact that you named him as potential scum in your list of reads looks like you're trying to give him some credibility for when you flip.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”