theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:25 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm not Borg but I'd rather we didn't rush a day, especially when one member namely Jive/Jules hasn't posted for yonks.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Jalyn »

I saw nothing of the kind, Yosarian - N9V seemed very intent on lynching you yesterday. To the point of saying that you looked more scummy than the person that had claimed scum. Hell, I believe N9V was my "sure" alien if M4yhem turned up alien. BM mentioned the same thing.

Jules and Nightfall are the only one's that haven't checked back in, right? I'll vote (for Yos, obviously) after we've heard from both of them.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by Nightfall »

I am pretty sure that I posted before the crash. All I remember saying though was that we need to try hard for a borg lynch today. I think Yos is the most sensible choice, and I'll likely vote him and join the lynch later, but should we talk some more strategy today before we do?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Jalyn wrote: Hell, I believe N9V was my "sure" alien if M4yhem turned up alien.
But then why would he claim today?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

duh...
so he can confirm you as scum! :P

Yosarian2 wrote:
Jalyn wrote: Hell, I believe N9V was my "sure" alien if M4yhem turned up alien.
But then why would he claim today?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:13 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Lets put it this way: Yos is scum, everyone whos not sure with the proof brought against him is his scum partners.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battle Mage wrote:duh...
That dosn't make any sense, though. I was already likely to get lynched. And yet an alien claiming today dramatically lowers the chances of the aliens losing. So again, the only logical reason for him to claim would be if he was Borg, and all he had to do in order to win was to get me lynched today; otherwise the action makes no sense.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

but you admitted yourself that M4yh3m confirmed you as Borg, therefore your whole argument is null and void :)

Yosarian2 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:duh...
That dosn't make any sense, though. I was already likely to get lynched. And yet an alien claiming today dramatically lowers the chances of the aliens losing. So again, the only logical reason for him to claim would be if he was Borg, and all he had to do in order to win was to get me lynched today; otherwise the action makes no sense.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battle Mage wrote:but you admitted yourself that M4yh3m confirmed you as Borg, therefore your whole argument is null and void :)
No, not at all. M4yhem claimed I was borg, but it's pretty clear that I was not the person the aliens were 100% sure was borg, because if I was they would have killed me rather then milkman last night. If they killed wrong, the borg would have won on the spot, so there's no way they would have taken that risk if they didn't KNOW that milkman was borg.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:12 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Not at all. I took a risk last night, because if I would've killed you, then the town had no lead for who to kill, except for me. I was next on most people's scum list, so I decided to kill milkman, who was on the high on my list, and some of the others. What I'm surprised about Yos, is that your scum group didn't kill BM last night. He is the most obvious town looking player in this game. And I know that you killed a random person last night, who wasn't in your group. But hell, why not BM, why not take down the whole town that night. Seriously, BM has made excellent posts against your group, and mine. And he has been the most active, and for once, the most smart townie when coming to posts.

So, the reason why, or at least my reason. BM is also Borg. For the past 3 days, BM has been the best damn townie, and there has been no kill on him. Reason our group didn't target him at all, because we needed to kill Borgs, not townies, and he sure as hell looked like a townie in our eyes.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:04 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

aww shucks. however im thinking thet the Borg last night would have been more keen to hit the Newt, or another Alien than a townie, because, as Yos said, they wholeheartedly expected you to kill Yos anyway and so victory would not be assured.
Anyway, whoever said we should make this day longer, SUCKS.
This game has now suddenly dropped into near inactivity.
Day should end NOW.
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Can we have a prod on Jules. I want everyone to post thoughts before anyone hammers, therefore BM day shouldn't end until then at least. Without Jules posting we have no information about Jive/Jules for later days.

Reading through the last page I can't see N9V as Borg, he's alien that I'm sure off just depends whether to believe Milkman or Yos was the confirmed kill, however I think even if Yos wasn't the likely kill he's probably Borg by trying to push N9V as Borg. I'll in all likelihood vote him unless something dramatic happens after Jules posts.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

true, although Jules is almost certain to vote for Yos, rather than bussing his buddy unneccesarily.

BM

theopor_COD wrote:Can we have a prod on Jules. I want everyone to post thoughts before anyone hammers, therefore BM day shouldn't end until then at least. Without Jules posting we have no information about Jive/Jules for later days.

Reading through the last page I can't see N9V as Borg, he's alien that I'm sure off just depends whether to believe Milkman or Yos was the confirmed kill, however I think even if Yos wasn't the likely kill he's probably Borg by trying to push N9V as Borg. I'll in all likelihood vote him unless something dramatic happens after Jules posts.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Jalyn »

Why N9V is an Alien:
~N9V~ wrote:Hmm, I think it is looking towards all three, M4yhem, Yos, and BM are all scum. BM is least on that list, Yos is highest.

Fos: Yos, M2yhem, BM
Not ready to vote yet, we need to discuss the day, not do another quick lynch.
Just after M4yhem's claim - he distances himself by being suspicious of M4yhem but considers Yosarian2 to be more likely than M4yhem to be scum - when M4yhem had just claimed scum.
~N9V~ wrote:Battle Mage, why are you so sure that I am scum? We have two confirmed scum now. M4yhem is Alien, and Yos is Borg. That is if M4yhem is telling the truth in the first place. I think it's safer to kill Yos, and then M4yhem. Because if the numbers are 3-2 like they will be after this night no matter who gets lynched, it's better than a possible 3-1 situation for the town. That means that there are 8 people left: 3 Borg, 1 Alien, 1 Newt, and 3 Townies. That would put it into a lynch or lose situation. Yos is the safer lynch today.
Vote: Yos2
Followed by:
~N9V~ wrote:Let me clear that up better. We lynch M4yhem today, and he is Alien, that leaves it to a 4-2. Yos is killed and turns out to be Borg, its then 3-2. And Alien targets whoevr and turns out to be alien, then it's 3-1.

With the same theory of scum groups as above, we lynch yos, and its 3-3. M4yhem dies, 3-2, and someone else could even it up 2-2.

Also, I say it's a safer bet if the Newt doesn't veiw anyone tonight.
He's no longer even pretending to hedge his bets, he knows that Yos is Borg and M4yhem is Alien.

With the fact that M4yhem ended up Alien, it's obvious that N9V is as well.

If the fact that M4yhem turned up Alien wasn't enough to sway people to lynching Yos, the fact that N9V is so obviously Alien should do it.

Why Spectrumvoid is Borg:

Before M4yhem's claim:
I'd especially like Akbar to explain how he came up with his list of who's what alignment.

My opinion: I believe scum would prefer to kill off the other scum group. I don't think we should even bother speculating about this though, since I don't think scum knows the alignment of people. (to theopor: and why are you assuming that scum-yos/m4yhem would know scum-m4yhem/yos's alignment?)

Regarding the lack of double kills, I think it's unlikely that scum targeted the same person. Reason being the people who were night-killed were not that high profile, and I don't really see a definite reason why they were killed. So to go by probability, I'd say it's unlikely that both groups of scum targeted the same person. I believe the cross-kill ability or the doc ability worked somehow.

I don't think Yos is scum. This is because I haven't seen a scum-tell from him. Unless I've gotten this wrong, the case against him is his attack on m4yhem, yes? I think m4yhem is possibly scummy, together with the rest on the various wagons. So I don't see anything wrong with Yos going after m4yhem.

I'm leaning towards BM scum too, for vague reasons which I will put down very soon.
Right after the claim:
Well played yos. I must admit I didn't suspect that at all. I see no reason for m4yhem to lie, since I've already stated that I believe scum would try to target the other scum.

vote: Yos
After enough people vote M4yhem (and at least one townie, because not all of Nightfall, theoper_COD, milkman, Yos & spectrumvoid can be Borg), she decides that maybe she doesn't need to bus Yos after all:
unvote, vote m4yhem Lynch -1 guys.

I still don't see the necessity for us to try to predict who is of which scum group since lynching scum is good. And I don't think we have enough information to do a successful prediction.

I also do not believe mafia is a stats game, so I disagree with the running of stats part. However, I am voting m4yhem instead of Yos purely because I have decided that it's safer to lynch the claimed scum. This is in the light of reading the Yos might not be scummy posts.
Why Nightfall could be Borg:
Votes:m4yhem and backhands the people voting Yos today.
I guess we know roughly where to start looking for m4yhem's partners.
And, that's all we got from Nightfall about the M4yhem/Yosarian2 situation yesterday.

Why theoper_COD could be Borg:

The first person to show doubt in M4yhem:
First off Jalyn is correct we shouldn't rush things here. Secondly I'm not sure if I believe M4yhem's alien claim, he's just as likely to be Borg. He's been rather opportunistic and claimed but that doesn't make him confirmed alien or make Yos the play today. The only problem we have is that the only confirmed bad guy is Jack so I'm going to scootle back and see if there's been any interaction or distancing between Jack and M4yhem or Jack and Yos.
He then suggests the very argument that Yosarian will use later to avoid being lynched yesterday:
Or Yos could be town and M4yhem is lieing out of his ass, but that's far-fetched in the extreme. Fact that both haven't died yet, is another reason I'm wary of both. M4yhem has acted scummy and Yos seems intent on having him taken down. The only other side issue is that I'd expect Yos to have been a favourite for the Worf role to block, so it's possible that Livingod protected Yos and M4yhem whichever scum group he's from, missing his kill that night. I don't think it's certain that M4yhem is telling the truth with regard the lack of a kill last night. Infact if I was scum and Yos wasn't in my team, I wouldn't be waiting until night four to take him out. I'd be doing it night one.

As I say I'm unsure which scumbag to vote, but only because M4yhem has played the gambit first I'm thinking he may be Borg. So am leaning that way currently.
Starting with the lost posts today, he expresses concern that Yos wasn't the Alien night kill last night using it as evidence that Yos might be innocent and confusion over what is going on.

Personally, theoper_COD is lowest on my list. Something strikes me as an innocent that is confused rather than a Borg trying to confuse everyone else.

BM - you're making me think that you don't want Jules to post so that he doesn't make you look like N9V's partner...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

how does me saying that its a good idea we wait for Jules to post, imply that i dont want him to post?
that is seriously poor logic mate. lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Jalyn »

Actually, I was referring to the multiple "this day should end now" posts. I pointed out days ago that Jules had yet to post.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

in that case, Jules has had plenty of time. Jules hasnt even posted since replacing in. either needs a serious prodding, or a replacement.
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Prodding Jules.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:17 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Yos's recent posts smack of desperation I cannot see in a million years N9V as anything but an alien. I'll be voting Yos after we hear from Jules, the fact Jules hasn't appeared makes me think he's Alien or Borg not sure which mind.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ROFLMAO :lol:

theopor_COD wrote:Yos's recent posts smack of desperation I cannot see in a million years N9V as anything but an alien. I'll be voting Yos after we hear from Jules, the fact Jules hasn't appeared makes me think he's Alien or Borg not sure which mind.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Well Sherlock you got any opinions on the dissapearing man?

As I say more information we can get today the better.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, im not saying anything. if you're right in claiming that you dont know what im talking about, it should probably stay that way, considering the possibility of you being scum (i wouldnt say its likely, but definitely possible).
but to respond to your question-yes, i do.

theopor_COD wrote:Well Sherlock you got any opinions on the dissapearing man?

As I say more information we can get today the better.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Nightfall »

N9V > Just to be certain tha there is no way for confusion later on, could you please post the name of your alien buddy? I know you more than hinted at who it was earlier, but to be clear I would like a name. At that point I would like the other alien to post and confirm this, even if we need a replacement. If that player confirms and there is no counter claims then I will consider you both to be off the table for todays lynch. If we lynch a non borg today, both aliens and town are doomed.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

im not sure that is such a good idea. first, it gives any lazy Borg the opportunity to have free shots at the Aliens, whereas the Aliens probably have little idea who (other than Yos and SV) are Borg. the more observant players will already have an inkling of who it is. In the hope that none of them are scum, i wouldnt reccommend an outright claim.
BM

Nightfall wrote:N9V > Just to be certain tha there is no way for confusion later on, could you please post the name of your alien buddy? I know you more than hinted at who it was earlier, but to be clear I would like a name. At that point I would like the other alien to post and confirm this, even if we need a replacement. If that player confirms and there is no counter claims then I will consider you both to be off the table for todays lynch. If we lynch a non borg today, both aliens and town are doomed.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:06 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

I'mnot saying whomypartner is, without him coming out clean. If he wants to claim, then fine by me.But othe rthan that, I'm not giving the Borg a free night kill tonight and the next night. I need to know who else you find to be Borg, so I can silence them tonight.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”