UnfriendlyNeighbors
UnfriendlyNeighbors
Townie
UnfriendlyNeighbors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Post by UnfriendlyNeighbors »

In post 241, Nero Cain wrote: His reads really stunk that game and mine were ok...so.....in the next game he is all like "ok well I'm just going to sheep someone that's a decent scumhunter" That seems like a pretty mature stance to me unless you believe that he's scum buddying me for town cred.
Not really sure what to make of it, but I could just as easily see it being scum hiding behind someone they're familiar with and buddying, rather than writing it off as town so early on.
In post 241, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 227, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:
In post 210, Nero Cain wrote:I guess he could fabricate his town meta. Do you have a scum read on him?
If his town meta is going out on a Saturday night then yes, I'm sure he can
The meta that I associate with him being town is that he fusses and cusses and overreacts which is why I called his intro low key and not town like.
Yeah, I was being a a bit snarkastic there.

But you don't think pidgey could copy his town meta by throwing an overreaction and some F bombs around?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by ZZZX »

I had a busy week you see.

As soon as I get home I will post you explained read so far. So I hope you wait up a moment

2 and a half weeks still remaining for the day and I am doing my best to catch up.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 229, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 159, vezokpiraka wrote:Ok. Are you scum?
Apparently, you didn't figure it out. That's ok, just pay attention to displaced - he caught all of the problems with Pidgey's posts that I was picking at.

VOTE: Pidgey
This guy avoids the question I asked. And it is an incredibly simple question. Please tell me you can see how scummy he is.

I don't like Yates at all. The fact that he spoilered pidgey's post because he knew it wasn't what he wanted. That part just screams that he is scum misrepping.
If it was without the spoiler I would've thought he is a townie with a conviction.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 257, pappums rat wrote:Lets not. The pissing matches between you and Yates and Nero and Yates are primarily semantic and definition-based in your case and meta-based in Nero's. All this is doing is cluttering the thread with garbage posts and takes away from actual scumhunting. And there are people doing actually scummy things in this game, so attention would be better placed on scumhunting rather than trying to boost your own egos.
I am very wary of this post.....

there is no pissing contest and there is no ego in play except maybe Yates

@the ruffling-read on me and SG noa
In post 260, beastcharizard wrote:For Nero:

ZZZX was saying they were voting for info and not because they thought the person was scum. At least that is what I got from their explanation. I didn't agree with this so I was saying someone doesn't vote a town read for info they only should vote scum reads/null. That is what I found odd about what they did. The fact that didn't say they had a scum read but rather the vote was purely for info.
I've read and reead this a few times now...

In 62 ZZZX says he thinks a push on Yates would get more info.
he forgets to vote and then votes in 65
P rat says you (him) wouldn't forget to vote on a scumread
In 98 he says that he didn't have a scumread on Yates but wanted info?
kinda fence sits on him in 246, then is kinda like well "I was being told to vote!"

So I think his explanation makes some sense here. Info/pressure votes are a thing. Are you honestly telling me that you've never seen/heard of this?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 275, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:
In post 241, Nero Cain wrote: His reads really stunk that game and mine were ok...so.....in the next game he is all like "ok well I'm just going to sheep someone that's a decent scumhunter" That seems like a pretty mature stance to me unless you believe that he's scum buddying me for town cred.
Not really sure what to make of it, but I could just as easily see it being scum hiding behind someone they're familiar with and buddying, rather than writing it off as town so early on.
Well, in that game we played he was a vig and let TSO decide his vig shots so maybe he buddies like crazy regardless of alignment but...you know what? He's not even sheeping me! :( I could buy some "I'm going to play to Nero's ego" and then not sheep when he gets called out on budding me.

In post 241, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 227, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:
In post 210, Nero Cain wrote:I guess he could fabricate his town meta. Do you have a scum read on him?
If his town meta is going out on a Saturday night then yes, I'm sure he can
The meta that I associate with him being town is that he fusses and cusses and overreacts which is why I called his intro low key and not town like.
Yeah, I was being a a bit snarkastic there.

But you don't think pidgey could copy his town meta by throwing an overreaction and some F bombs around?
I'm sure he could. What is your read on him?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 274, Nero Cain wrote:Wich leads me to my next q. Why no pl on Monkey?
maybe 'cause monkeyman isn't in this game. holy fucking derp.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 274, Nero Cain wrote:Wich leads me to my next q. Why no pl on Monkey?
maybe 'cause monkeyman isn't in this game. holy fucking derp.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:20 am

Post by Umbrage »

k so what happened over the last four pages?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:38 am

Post by Umbrage »

beastcharizard attacking newbie ZZZX for being a newbie is scummy as hell.

Yates is still sexy town.

Squirrel Girl is still scummy.

Chandra Nalaar is sadly town.

pidgey is looking better.

HOW THE FUCK ARE THE TOP WAGONS ZZZX, UMBRAGE, AND YATES THOSE ARE THE SHITTIEST POSSIBLE OPTIONS

THERE IS NO GOOD CASE ON ZZZX

YATES IS THE MOST OBVTOWN PLAYER IN THE GAME

AND I'M A SEXY BADASS TOWN MUTHAFUCKER

dear god I'm actually going to have to make an EFFORT this game, aren't I?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:45 am

Post by Josh_B »

Reading marker.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:54 am

Post by mozamis »

Jeez, 7 pages to catch up. I'll try and get something up today.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 am

Post by Yates »

In post 267, ThAdmiral wrote:@ yates 163: no doubt you have a point but as squirrel girl mentions I'd feel a lot better about you if you didn't cherry pick.
That was something of a superfluous post but you have to admit that if you had clicked on pidgey's ISO at that point in time looking for scum hunting "right out the gate" seeing those posts in sequence would make you chuckle. That said, my previous post challenging the assertion is basically a call for people to ISO pidgey and read a grand total of EIGHT posts - short ones at that. So to focus on the one post and disqualify my entire argument as a "cherry pick" is both hypocritical and inaccurate. I'm not saying you are doing this but this isn't my first rodeo and I know where this bull is headed.
In post 267, ThAdmiral wrote:It would have taken less words to just say: "my scumreads are X and Y".
True. But I'm not comfortable doing that this early in Day 1. I would prefer to see the many varied directions different players take their own investigations and see how they read the game organically without being lead. How many times have you seen scum ask Town for reads only to hide in those reads? Think about it.
In post 268, Squirrel Girl wrote:[Yates] is flat out presenting a false case and doing the literal definition of misrepping, which is to present only part of the info with the express goal as to paint it bad. ...somehow, in Yates' view, it's illogical to call those posts "out of the gate" no, no, no "out of the gate" can ONLY mean the very early intro posts, and CERTAINLY not the later posts that contained...well...y'know, scumhunting.
No, THIS ^^ is a misrep. I argued that pidgey didn't scumhunt at all in ANY of his initial 8 posts - the posts you used to arrive at your "read" - and I stand by that. I later conceded that he had 2 content posts according to your purported BROAD definition of scum hunting and actually used that to challenge why you wouldn't consider my content posts [since all of them are furthering the game to some degree] to fit that same definition. And you still haven't addressed this.

If you think the Pidgey post I quoted wherein he said he was confused by your calling him a super scum hunter is a misrep then there's a very simple solution to this - ask
him
what he meant. When I "cherry pick" statements [as you and ThAd have phrased it] it's because I'm trying to highlight precisely what I'm taking issue with without all the inapplicable clutter. I'm pretty careful about making sure the link is there to the entire post in case someone thinks I'm taking something out of context or intentionally misrepresenting a case on someone. Look at the post where I quote Pidgey, for example. I highlighted the portion of the Pidgey post that had to do with the argument we were having simply because the rest had nothing to do with it. The link to the entire post is there and you don't seem to be taking issue with the context, are you? So what's your issue? You have a problem with me being concise?
In post 268, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't think he went into an ISO of 7 posts and just grabbed the first few. he did it on purpose.
1. It was 8 posts. Count them.
2. Of course I picked the first four on purpose. It made your argument look as silly as possible. That's the point. I'm disproving your arguments. It's not like I picked posts 1,3,4, and 8 randomly while ignoring ACTUAL scum hunting. If I did that? You'd have a valid concern. Instead, *I* am the one with a valid concern.
In post 271, ThAdmiral wrote:I completely agree with your point about him strategically misrepping you
I would like to know, given the information presented, if you still think this. And if so, what
specifically
am I misrepresenting?
In post 272, Nero Cain wrote:I think you are being massively anal here
Perhaps. Let's take a different approach. Do you feel like Pidgey was scum hunting in those first 8 posts? I don't think he was, my interpretation of Pidgey's post is that he didn't think he was, but what do YOU think? Also, do you feel like I was NOT scum hunting in my first 6 posts? I think I was, but of course I have the benefit of knowing why I go in the direction I go so maybe my scum hunting isn't obvious to everyone else? What do YOU think?
In post 277, vezokpiraka wrote:The fact that he spoilered pidgey's post because he knew it wasn't what he wanted. That part just screams that he is scum misrepping.
If it was without the spoiler I would've thought he is a townie with a conviction.
So you think I spoilered the quote to hide... something? Or, is it at all conceivable that I spoilered the quote for effect? Also, have you bothered to ask Pidgey if my interpretation of his post is accurate? You seem pretty concerned about that so I just thought maybe you'd verify the information. *shrug* Flash Gordon would not be amused.
In post 278, Nero Cain wrote:there is no ego in play except maybe Yates
:igmeou:

Best for last:
In post 257, pappums rat wrote:And there are people doing actually scummy things in this game, so attention would be better placed on scumhunting rather than trying to boost your own egos.
Are you still talking about ZZX "forgetting" to vote? If so I find this to be uninteresting as I have done this before as both alignments and find it entirely null. Is there something else I'm missing here? As far as I'm concerned, there ARE scummy things happeneing in this game and I'm in the process of sorting it out. It's good to see you back, though.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:13 am

Post by pidgey »

Pappums why do you ask people about me?

What do YOU think about me? u wot m8

Also NC i agree you should give me enough credit to be able to actually fake my reactions. Not like i would fake my answer to you regarding my entrance since id be pissed as town or scum that youd call me out for not reading on saturday lol

But i thought you called me town because i was actually playing now, not getting a lil mad
-----------------
Sup
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 4

ZZZX 3 - pappums rat,Kid A,Aunt Jemina,
beastcharizard 3 - Mutleyddmc,UniversalSlutBus,ThAdmiral,
Umbrage 3 - Chandra Nalaar,PeregrineV,beastcharizard,
Yates 3 - Nero Cain,ZZZX,Squirrel Girl,
Pidgey 2 -,Umbrage,The Rufflig,
The Rufflig 2 - Aronis,vezokpiraka,
Aronis 1 - displaced,
Displaced 1 - pidgey,
Kid A 1 - jklash12,
pappums rat 1 - Yates,
Squirrel Girl 1 - UnfriendlyNeighbors,

Not Voting

mozamis,
BulbaFenix,
Josh_B,
SnakePlissken,

V/LA

No One

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

(expired on 2014-05-02 13:08:05)

till Day 1 Deadline
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:25 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 122, Squirrel Girl wrote:I was the one bantering with him - did my banter seem nervous and/or forced?

Vote: Mozamis

If I'm right then Ruffling is probably obv. town also.
I don't really get this. He looked town for his style. He stood out, you didn't.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 224, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Something that is REALLY bothering me is Aunt J. She calls out PV for his entrance, PV comes into the thread again and ignores her, and she just acts like it hasn't happened in the next post. It's bizarre behaviour - surely if you were calling someone out in the manner which she did PV, you expect some kind of response, and flip your shit when you're ignored?
Not so much. There is a history there (), whereas she is one of the first I try to figure out. In turn I either expect her to be cautious in trying to figure me out, or worried that I'm focusing on her.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 267, ThAdmiral wrote:Voting umbrage in 120. You playing dumb bro?
Why would you think that is a random vote? My random vote was here ().
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 286, Yates wrote:
In post 272, Nero Cain wrote:I think you are being massively anal here
Perhaps. Let's take a different approach. Do you feel like Pidgey was scum hunting in those first 8 posts? I don't think he was, my interpretation of Pidgey's post is that he didn't think he was, but what do YOU think? Also, do you feel like I was NOT scum hunting in my first 6 posts? I think I was, but of course I have the benefit of knowing why I go in the direction I go so maybe my scum hunting isn't obvious to everyone else? What do YOU think?
How this post feels.
OOH- ooh. Pick me. pick me. I'm a really good scum hunter too. Mommy didn't you see me hunting scum, or were you too busy looking at pidgey? God I hate Pidgey. He ruins all of the fun and always takes your attention away from me. Don't you love me mommy?

My response to the way it feels
Yes yates you're scum hunting too, now take you crayons and go color.

My actual response.
-Yates, why are you so hung up on this. You're alignment has nothing to do with scum hunting. Everybody wants to appear as though they are scum hunting. I'm pretty sure Squirrel's read on you has nothing to do with whether or not you are or aren't scum hunting and the scum hunting statement has more to do with giving pidgey a soft town read for his first 4 hours of play. Are you part of the Marvel Universe?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Yates »

In post 292, Josh_B wrote:How this post feels.
I see how it could feel that way if you only read one post in a vacuum and applied zero context. I guess.
In post 292, Josh_B wrote:My response to the way it feels
I agree with you. I feel as though I am and have been hunting.
In post 292, Josh_B wrote:I'm pretty sure Squirrel's read on you has nothing to do with whether or not you are or aren't scum hunting
I'm pretty sure you don't know what my problem with Squirrel has been all along, then. Maybe you're right. Maybe she's scum reading me for some other made up reason now BUT not when she said this:
In post 140, Squirrel Girl wrote:[Pidgey] appears to be trying to scumhunt right out the gate which
Yates did not
. I would neithe rparticularly support nor oppose either being lynched at this stage.
She claimed Pidgey was scum hunting.
I didn't see Pidgey scum hunting.
She claimed I was NOT scum hunting.
I was scum hunting.

Do you see the disconnect here? I have since been spending a lot of time and effort trying to figure out why what she claims to think and what is actually happening in the game are not aligning. Keep your crayons. I'm sculpting marble...
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:33 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 168, Umbrage wrote:One thing's for sure, what you're doing is anti-town, and it seems delibrate. Explain yourself please.
Could you explain this? She could be scum (not really seeing that either tbh) but how is anything she has down been anti town? She is asking lots of probing questions, and certainly looks like she is scum hunting. Pretty sure the "sweetie poo dearie" thing was her taking the piss out of Aunt J, so that's null. So why is she anti-town?
Squirrel vs Yates looks town on town to me.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 286, Yates wrote:That was something of a superfluous post but you have to admit that if you had clicked on pidgey's ISO at that point in time looking for scum hunting "right out the gate" seeing those posts in sequence would make you chuckle. That said, my previous post challenging the assertion is basically a call for people to ISO pidgey and read a grand total of EIGHT posts - short ones at that. So to focus on the one post and disqualify my entire argument as a "cherry pick" is both hypocritical and inaccurate. I'm not saying you are doing this but this isn't my first rodeo and I know where this bull is headed.
Look I do get you, I just would have felt better if you'd left all his posts in. Aside from that though it felt like a very pedantic attack, focusing on the definition of "scumhunting" and "right out of the gate".
In post 271, ThAdmiral wrote:I completely agree with your point about him strategically misrepping you
I would like to know, given the information presented, if you still think this. And if so, what
specifically
am I misrepresenting?
You made her look worse, even just slightly, by only putting in the posts that clearly show no scumhunting. Once again I realise why you are doing this - to make your point, but it still makes me feel a little leery about you.

Let me just clarify my position: I think you are attacking squirrelgirl over something she said that was certainly a bit odd, and clearly something you don't agree with, but is not at all a hanging offense. I feel the way you went about attacking here was slightly misleading, and furthermore I accept squirrelgirl's train of thought, even though I too don't necessarily agree with her.
In post 291, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 267, ThAdmiral wrote:Voting umbrage in 120. You playing dumb bro?
Why would you think that is a random vote? My random vote was here ().
This was your 120:
In post 120, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 101, Chandra Nalaar wrote:This isn't going to get me anywhere, is it? I might as well put my vote on scum.

VOTE: Umbrage
I like your conviction!!

Vote: Umbrage
So to be clear you are going with the "this was a serious vote" angle? Bold.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 149, Aronis wrote:Ruffig, why are you voting for me?
Why can't he vote you? You look a lot different from the last time I played with you.

VOTE: aronis
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 271, ThAdmiral wrote:I can follow. I completely agree with your point about him strategically misrepping you, but I could possibly see that from overzealous town trying to push a case. However your follow up point that he wasn't interested in where you were coming from but was rather just interested in attacking/slandering you makes me lean towards scum on him.

I'm don't want to move my vote currently, but yates is definitely in my suspect pile.
I feel like this is a total tone reverse of how you were talking to me earlier.
2. Of course I picked the first four on purpose. It made your argument look as silly as possible. That's the point.
I was going to actually quote stripe this wall, but on getting to this point I realized debating you is of no value.
Admitting that what you're doing is scummy and that I was right does NOT preclude that it was scummy and I am right. You are claiming scum in thread, and need rope.
In post 289, mozamis wrote:I don't really get this. He looked town for his style. He stood out, you didn't.
How do you draw the distinction between what he did and what I did?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 169, Yates wrote:I "cherry picked" the front half because you said he was scumhunting "right out the gate" and his first 4 posts [you know - the ones "out the gate"]
Here is Yates other reply about the cherry picking. He admits to no cherry picking at all and is DEFENDING that his "out the gate" deal qualifies them as valid quotes.

Compare to today when he's all "well, yeah, I was trying to make you look bad." which he only cottoned to when I made it clear he was trying to misrep the situation.

These are not the same thoughts! This is the cover up.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I'd also like to note - he was "trying to make my argument look as silly as possible" when my arguemnet was - Pidgey and Yates are null.

THIS IS SCUM THINKING.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”