Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 342, beastcharizard wrote:@Josh:

Why aren't you voting?

@Chandra:

Did you just imply it is so scummy it is town? Has that ever worked out for you? I mean that gives scum the oppurtinity to be blatantly scummy and get a town read from you for it. It seems a little naive to me.
I just thought it was a stretch to read so much into it.
In post 344, Yates wrote:
In post 328, pidgey wrote:Yates are you saying im fake hunting in those first 7 posts, not counting the obviously charizard part? Or not hunting?
I'm saying you weren't hunting yet [at least not to the extent that SG should be able to give you a Town read for it]. To me hunting is a process that allows people to find scum [or Town] - which is separate from simply stating a read. While I can't find a legit definition of scumhunting, this is from the Townie page:
"traditional scumhunting methods -
analysis of actions, intent
, voting, previous posts, etc"

Not super helpful but the bolded is what I would be looking for to determine if someone was scumhunting versus making random reads/faking reads.
Could you possibly just stop arguing about pidgey, it's making my eyes bleed.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Yates »

In post 349, Nero Cain wrote:What is SG accusing you of that others are doing?
SG accused me of not scumhunting.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 351, Yates wrote:
Also, YOU accused me of not scumhunting. Though you clearly recognize that there is scumhunting inherent in defending yourself or challenging the logic/motivation. At least, you think that when people accuse YOU of not scumhunting in games where you are sussing out your attacker. *shrug*
Please pm me to pre-in
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 277, vezokpiraka wrote:This guy avoids the question I asked. And it is an incredibly simple question. Please tell me you can see how scummy he is.
You're asking
me
if I think you should lynch me? Gee, you ask tough questions. Is this test open book?

---
In post 278, Nero Cain wrote:@the ruffling-read on me and SG noa
I liked Squirrel Girl up to the point that she started calling pidgey townie based of the same set of posts that I feel make pidgey scummy. However, I'm putting SG into the category of mistaken townie rather than skimming scum presently.

I have a similar feeling towards you, Nero. Your read on pidgey is wrong. Your assessment of SG's argument for pidgey being town is also wrong. I don't see how either of you can take a hard look at pidgey's shifting case and come up with a town reading off it. I'm a little more confident in thinking that you are town.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

I am uncertain how to make any more clear that all I said about Pidgey was that he was null, with more of a gut town lean than another null read of mine. I don't think my comment is remotely unclear about applying a null read to Pidgey at the time.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 351, Yates wrote:
How about now? Are you scum hunting now?

VOTE: yates
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 355, Josh_B wrote:How about now? Are you scum hunting now?
Now? I'm watching Continuum while waiting for responses.
Please pm me to pre-in
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by pidgey »

lol

Whats my shifting case again

Can you fucking make that read more up
-----------------
Sup
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

displaced has posted the case. I've posted the case. Yates has argued about the case. If you don't know why we find you scummy by now then you aren't paying attention.
Don't Panic!
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by pidgey »

K lemme look
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by pidgey »

In post 258, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 125, pidgey wrote:Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks"
In my opinion, displaced's post is in no way or form throwing dirt on someone. When I pressed pidgey on this, his explanation changed to this:
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
That is a dramatic change in pidgey's reason to vote for displaced.
Ok so I don't really see the case (INB4 OOOO TRYING TO DISCREDIT ME and OOOO PUSHING READS AWAY)

First of all, I dont even see the difference between my two posts. I felt that displaced said some comments about a player and I thought ht wasnt commiting to a read, and was just saying the comments to see who'd read his statement and agree, THEN vote. I didn't knew at the time he was voting said player already.

Saying he threw dirt and saying he made a point about a player without really commiting is A DRAMATIC CHANGE HOW THE FUCK EXACTLY?

You are totally taking my words out of the context they are meaning to have.
Scum.

vote: The Rufflig
-----------------
Sup
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 358, The Rufflig wrote:Yates has argued about the case.
Have I? I'm not sure what you are talking about. I've been a little distracted. Can you clarify?
Please pm me to pre-in
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Gonna do some isos and consider moving my vote tonight. Need to reconsider my reasons for voting Umbrage as well to determine whether I still think they are strong.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Ok, that last part was a bit of a stretch. However, part of it revolves around whether pidgey was scum hunting or just faking it when he voted for displaced.

pidgey claimed that displaced was throwing dirt. This was obviously false. So what prompted pidgey to state it? When pidgey was pressed on his claim, he changed his tune. pidgey then claimed that displaced was pointing something out but not taking a stand on it (aka going through the motions). Following that pidgey stated that displaced was trying to look like a participating member of the town by
kindaish
calling someone out without much commitment. Do you see the backpedaling going on here? The only thing that pidgey has remained consistent on is that displaced is scum; the reason for this scum read keeps changing and becoming weaker.
Don't Panic!
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by pidgey »

Whaaaaa???

That's ridiculous lol. My two statements go hand in hand. There was never a backpaddling.

The only retreat i made was when displaced made me aware he was already voting. Of course my read became weaker when the rocks of my read felt.
-----------------
Sup
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 297, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 271, ThAdmiral wrote:I can follow. I completely agree with your point about him strategically misrepping you, but I could possibly see that from overzealous town trying to push a case. However your follow up point that he wasn't interested in where you were coming from but was rather just interested in attacking/slandering you makes me lean towards scum on him.

I'm don't want to move my vote currently, but yates is definitely in my suspect pile.
I feel like this is a total tone reverse of how you were talking to me earlier.
Yates is right about one thing: you do say some weird shit.

Here's everything I said re you pre that post:
In post 267, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 174, Umbrage wrote:from "you're wrong but I see why you would think that" to "you're scum" in two posts.
Good pick up. Squirrel girl pls explain?
In post 182, Squirrel Girl wrote:I feel you ignored the bulk of the rest of that post, wherein I did not express much agreement with Yates or what he was doing. If you go back and read that I tink the progression will make a lot more sense to you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll point out things for you to help you understand why I think he's scum.
I read the rest of the post but would still like you to explain the progression of your thoughts.
What is the tone change?
In post 298, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 169, Yates wrote:I "cherry picked" the front half because you said he was scumhunting "right out the gate" and his first 4 posts [you know - the ones "out the gate"]
Here is Yates other reply about the cherry picking. He admits to no cherry picking at all and is DEFENDING that his "out the gate" deal qualifies them as valid quotes.

Compare to today when he's all "well, yeah, I was trying to make you look bad." which he only cottoned to when I made it clear he was trying to misrep the situation.

These are not the same thoughts! This is the cover up.
I disagree. You've already made your point about yates previously, now you are being just as pedantic as he is.
In post 337, Chandra Nalaar wrote:I cannot actually believe we just posted like 4 pages about this pidgey thing. I'm trying to give a damn about it, but I. Just. Can't.
Yeah its getting seriously old.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Umbrage »

In post 360, pidgey wrote:
In post 258, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 125, pidgey wrote:Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks"
In my opinion, displaced's post is in no way or form throwing dirt on someone. When I pressed pidgey on this, his explanation changed to this:
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
That is a dramatic change in pidgey's reason to vote for displaced.
Ok so I don't really see the case (INB4 OOOO TRYING TO DISCREDIT ME and OOOO PUSHING READS AWAY)

First of all, I dont even see the difference between my two posts. I felt that displaced said some comments about a player and I thought ht wasnt commiting to a read, and was just saying the comments to see who'd read his statement and agree, THEN vote. I didn't knew at the time he was voting said player already.

Saying he threw dirt and saying he made a point about a player without really commiting is A DRAMATIC CHANGE HOW THE FUCK EXACTLY?

You are totally taking my words out of the context they are meaning to have.
Scum.

vote: The Rufflig
lookit dat omgus
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by pidgey »

omgus isnt a scumtell though :(
-----------------
Sup
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 367, pidgey wrote:omgus isnt a scumtell though :(
Occasionally, it IS though. Not saying it confirms a damn thing, I'm just saying.

-Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 365, ThAdmiral wrote:Yates is right about one thing: you do say some weird shit.
:(
In post 365, ThAdmiral wrote:What is the tone change?
You went from 'that's a good pickup that ol' SG is having a weird switch in her thoughts' all the way to 'totally follow SG's line of thought'.
You don't think you shifted stances at all?
In post 366, Umbrage wrote:lookit dat omgus
I actually agree with Pidgey. I think his two comments look quite workable as the same line of thought and don't see the change that Ruffling is talking about. What are your thoughts on this?
UniversalSlutBus
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by UniversalSlutBus »

Oh my. Thought I had heaps to catch up on but it turns out nothing fucking happened.
Yates is town, and is stubborn. Squirrel Girl is probably town, and is overeager and stubborn. Neither of them really seemed to be paying close attention to what the other was saying, and was more interested in getting their own slightly-misguided point across.
Umbrage, on the other hand, seems eager to call a bunch of stuff town without really justifying why. Sees Yates getting frustrated and needing a friend, becomes that friend...

I think Alex changed our vote, I'm changing it back.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Umbrage

Really liking Josh as town.
In post 257, pappums rat wrote:Lets not. The pissing matches between you and Yates and Nero and Yates are primarily semantic and definition-based in your case and meta-based in Nero's. All this is doing is cluttering the thread with garbage posts and takes away from actual scumhunting. And there are people doing actually scummy things in this game, so attention would be better placed on scumhunting rather than trying to boost your own egos.
This was a great post until it stops just before said scumhunting/illuminating of said scummy things happened.

This game is wayyyy too big for me to take in all the different facets that aren't Yates/SG, so unless something rings some serious alarm bells, I'm probably not going to have much to say until I somehow find a lot of free time to do a thorough read.

~JKM
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

@pidgey:
First:
Unless you are using a strange meaning for throwing dirt - the phrase means to slander or vilify. If you feel displaced was throwing dirt then I will repeat my earlier question. "Was displaced throwing dirt on mozamis or mozamis' read?" Alternatively, could you explain how displaced performed such an action?

Second:
Making a point without committing to a read. Why can't displaced disagree with something (or someone) without finding it scummy? I found displaced's comment neutral. Why is a neutral comment scummy? Or maybe you do find that comment not neutral. What is non-neutral about it?

Third and at the risk of being a prick:

Could you tell me why you singled out displaced? I'm quite sure others have committed the same offense that you have attributed to displaced. Take this fellow for instance:
In post 199, pidgey wrote:Umbrage- Im not caling you scum because at the moment i really dont have any real read on you, and no reason to call you scum. I do hwever called your read on me shit (yeah only that single read on me)
That is nearly the exact same offense that displaced committed is it not? There are more examples present from other players.

Fourth: Why does displaced's previously vote for Aronis (without comment) undermine your case on displaced?
Don't Panic!
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Post by jklash12 »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: pisgey

I like rufflig's case on pidgey plus pidgeys reaction lately makes pidgey look scummy to me.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Really? I didn't think it was any good at all.

It's also quite a stretch to call it a case. It was at best a demonstration of one contradiction. I've learned from the past that a contradiction does not necessarily indicate scum, and I happen to think it's not nearly as dramatic a change as it's being made out to be.

Apparently I lied about getting to iso-land tonight.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

@Josh: This game is pretty big and I didn't get very engaged in the argument between SG and Yates. I'm thinking one of them is scum, but until I have a solid enough read I prefer to not say anything.

As for what is happening now. Pidgey is town. Towniest town ever. He plays like he doesn't have a care in the world. This is not scum play.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”