Newbie 1494 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 81, Moonlight wrote:That's fine. What do you think of my observation there? I've only played one game with Nacho, but he didn't seem to be fond of lengthy questions and explanations (but then again, he might have simply been more busy at the time).

Or my vote on Kenobi, for that matter.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
I wasn't really a fan of your vote on Kenobi, no.
In post 99, Moonlight wrote:Why would he claim just by being at L-1 if you eliminate the risk of a hammer?
Better yet, why would I claim when claiming is generally a last result and there's absolutely no reason for me to reach that point in the first place?
In post 135, RachMarie wrote:What do you think of Tony's charge on you? Do you think like I do that hes most likely newbtown and that if he were scum, he probably would not have upset the apple cart so quickly?
I can agree with that. Other great examples of Tony being town are found in his response to Squirrel's initial response ("wow, I'm worse at this than I thought").
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 174, Moonlight wrote:Considering that I'm going to bed now, it'll have to wait for breakfast. Help yourself in the meantime, but do tell me what you think of the fact that I didn't know what to make of you until .

Ciao for now.
I am such a n00b. That's what I think.
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by conman41895 »

In post 172, Tony PF wrote:We now return to your regularly scheduled scum hunting.

While I was on the way home from school, I had a moment of epiphany. I'm revoking my town read on conman. He did make some preliminary attempts at scum hunting, but lately has resorted to tunneling me. If you've found anyone else to be scummy in your previous posts, let me know, as I fail to see it.

In addition, after post 149, you certainly had cause to vote me, especially if you really had been scum reading me this whole time. But yet you didn't. There are two very good explanations for this.
  1. You don't really think I'm scum, which could be because you're scum and know I'm not scum.
  2. You're worried about getting lynched tomorrow for driving a town lynch, which IMHO is more of a scum concern than a town concern.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Conman

1) I'm not tunneling you. If I was tunneling you I would have voted you. Yes you are my suspect but I also shared my reads which indicated my suspicion of both Squirrel (which I am now thinking town slightly) and HSS.

2) I expressed how I was uncomfortable with post 149 as soon as I read it, the reason I didn't vote you at that time was because I was still waiting for you to respond to my reads in which I asked you to explain your odd voting pattern up until that point, and I also questioned you about post 149. I don't vote until I feel sure, and I was waiting for your response to my questions before I made my vote. Seeing as you didn't and still haven't answered any of my questions I have not yet posted my vote.

Does me having a different voting style then you make me scum?
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by conman41895 »

@tony btw Id still like an explanation to all of your votes up until this point.
conman41895
conman41895
Townie
conman41895
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by conman41895 »

Sry for posting so many times in a row but I keep forgetting things.

@HSS- you still never explained the tony and can you elaborate your moonlight vote
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 149, Tony PF wrote:We might want to figure out who we all want to be pushing. TBH I'd even be fine lynching myself as long as it will help Town.
I just got to this post. No. Just no. You've just shot up to damn near the top of my scum list.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

In post 159, Tony PF wrote:
And look on the bright side: Now that town isn't sure about my alignment, I'm less likely to get the NK.
The most LAMIST statement I've ever seen. Like actually to most. Not just some exaggeration for effect.
In post 167, homosapiensapien wrote:I think you guys are probably right about Tony PF being townie,
but Moonlight is defending herself with random arguements
UNVOTE: Tony PF
VOTE: Moonlight
Moonlight is a guy...? Anyways, super scummy vote, feels like scum pushing for a quicker lynch.

HSS: Do you think Moonlight is a viable lynch option?
In post 169, homosapiensapien wrote:I wasnt around for the last day of stuff so ive had to catch up on what everyone is talking about
potatoes are still the best, Ok
:cool: :] :]
You have to catch up, yet you placed a vote down? Sounds like you decided Moonlight was scum before you even read the thread.
In post 171, Moonlight wrote:Ah, the melody. HSS is hitting all the notes. *licks his lips* That moment when you just know that your meal is there, served on a silver platter.

We're having scum today.
This is unsettling... :P

My scumread on Moonlight stands, but HSS is coming up pretty quickly too. I wouldn't throw it past HSS to be attempting to hop on his partners train when he saw a couple votes on him. (/tinfoil hat/)
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Tony was coming up fast on my scumlist, but something about post reads town to me. The epiphany thing is definitely something I've had at times, it just feels genuine.

I also like conman's responses to Tony. Leaning town their too.

I'm disappointed in Nacho! Let's see some more bro!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 175, Nachomamma8 wrote:Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
A fair point. I've seen you try out different stuff in different games, after all.

Were you not a fan of my vote because you disagree, or because you think there was scum motivation behind it? If it's the latter, why are you not voting?
In post 99, Moonlight wrote:Better yet, why would I claim when claiming is generally a last result and there's absolutely no reason for me to reach that point in the first place?
Another fair point, but I wonder what prompts you to comment on that when it's a rather insignificant observation. As you said, you're not going to reach that point any time soon.
In post 135, RachMarie wrote:I am such a n00b. That's what I think.
You, sir, are good.

The hunt begins with my next post.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 pm

Post by Kenobi »

In post 154, Squirrel Girl wrote: Do you have any questions about the people you don't have much of a read on? Wouldn't that help you to get content from them? I mean, you have HSS as top scum for doing nothing, and to my mind you and him are pretty equal in amount of contribution to the game - do you agree or disagree with this?
I don't agree with that; I've provided reasoning behind my reads, and have generally posted more than what amounts to "vote this person" followed by something irrelevant. Case in point:
In post 167, homosapiensapien wrote:I think you guys are probably right about Tony PF being townie,
In post 169, homosapiensapien wrote:I wasnt around for the last day of stuff so ive had to catch up on what everyone is talking about
As Bipolar mentioned in #181, HSS voted before talking about even reading the thread. He's not even trying to provide reasoning, while I'm (if anything) erring on the side of caution. We still have quite a while before the end of the day, and I don't want anyone lynched yet.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Post by Kenobi »

In post 183, Moonlight wrote:
In post 175, Nachomamma8 wrote:Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
A fair point. I've seen you try out different stuff in different games, after all.

Were you not a fan of my vote because you disagree, or because you think there was scum motivation behind it? If it's the latter, why are you not voting?
In post 99, Moonlight wrote:Better yet, why would I claim when claiming is generally a last result and there's absolutely no reason for me to reach that point in the first place?
Another fair point, but I wonder what prompts you to comment on that when it's a rather insignificant observation. As you said, you're not going to reach that point any time soon.
In post 135, RachMarie wrote:I am such a n00b. That's what I think.
You, sir, are good.

The hunt begins with my next post.
This rustles my jimmies; the first link is fine, it's an actual quote from Nacho. The next two? Not so much.
"Better yet, why would I claim when claiming is generally a last result and there's absolutely no reason for me to reach that point in the first place?" never appears anywhere in 99, and Rachmarie never says anything about being a noob. If this is meant to be some kind of humour, I don't see it.

So. Explanation. Please.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 53, homosapiensapien wrote:potatoes are the best every body
This is an empty post. He is not feeling motivated to do something meaningful.

Situation in the thread at the time: 2 votes on Nacho by Squirrel and Tony. Plenty of general questioning from Squirrel, Tony tries topressure Nacho, Nacho questions Tony, conman observes while showing some of his early thoughts, Rach takes her stance.

Verdict: If HSS is scum, the situation is not threatening to HSS or his buddy.
In post 102, homosapiensapien wrote:VOTE: Tony PF
In post 103, homosapiensapien wrote:everyone can call me HSS by the way,
Tony PF is very scummy in how he is acting so friendly,
I don't get to post much because I'm not always on the computer
He is voting Tony and calls him scummy. His read is based on a questionable trait. He blames an external factor for his inactivity.

Situation in the thread at the time: Tony votes for HSS, questions Squirrel, withdraws from Nacho, goes after Squirrel, still wants pressure on Nacho, unvotes Squirrel. Squirrel questions Tony and Nacho, shares her thoughts. Kenobi blames external factor for inactivity and defends Nacho, discourages jumping to early conclusions, asks for my reasoning behind my vote while maintaining his cool. I vote Kenobi, express dislike for Rach's posts, show an interest in Nacho, ask Tony for his comments, express a liking to most of what Squirrel does while also commenting on Tony. BC votes Squirrel, playfully questions Tony and tries to pressure Squirrel.

Verdict: If scum, HSS perceives Tony as the easiest target or the biggest threat to him and his buddy.
Switches his read on Tony from scum to Town without explaining why, says I defend myself, doesn't explain why he thinks that means I'm scum, votes, again blames external factor for inactivity.

Situation in the thread at the time: conman is open about his thoughts, provides full reads with reasoning, suspects HSS, questions Rach, agrees with me on Tony, wants a prod for Nacho, wants Tony to explain himself. Kenobi supports wagoning and is confused at my play, suspects HSS while sharing his reads. Squirrel votes me, questions me and provides her reasoning, either dislikes or doesn't know what to make of my townread on her, continues questioning Rach, also questions Tony and Kenobi, still thinks I'm scum. I show broad focus while townreading Kenobi, question my read on Tony while suspecting an HSS/Nacho pair, question Squirrel's vote on me, form a townread on her, support Tony's push despite my doubts on him, question DC's vote, question his Squirrel read, reaffirm my HSS/Nacho suspicion, lack a reaction to my wagon, vote HSS after commenting on conman's reads, doubt... my doubts on Tony while approving Squirrel's questioning of Rach, get confused at Tony's play, show I again townread Tony while questioning him and Kenobi, question Squirrel's reasoning. Tony wants to pressure Nacho to a claim, makes an ambiguous statement, looks on the bright side of him being suspect, shows humility. Rach explains her stance and provides IC-like info, expresses caution about quickwagoning, disagrees with Tony's case while sharing her read on Nacho, provides further explanation for Squirrel, questions Tony and responds to conman, is being IC-helpful while wanting to hear from Nacho.

Verdict: If scum, HSS considered me the easiest target or the biggest threat to him or his buddy.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:46 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 185, Kenobi wrote:This rustles my jimmies; the first link is fine, it's an actual quote from Nacho. The next two? Not so much.
"Better yet, why would I claim when claiming is generally a last result and there's absolutely no reason for me to reach that point in the first place?" never appears anywhere in 99, and Rachmarie never says anything about being a noob. If this is meant to be some kind of humour, I don't see it.

So. Explanation. Please.
I have no clue what happened there. D:

The first two quotes are from Nacho, the third one is from Tony. Darn it.

Also, my analysis reads as "information over analysis" because, well, it is. I wanted to gather all the info in one post so I have something that will quickly guide me to something specific I'll want to re-examine later.

Probably reads wally, but I can work with it.

I believe that HSS probably saw Tony and me as easy targets. I don't think I can draw conclusions to who his buddy could be, not to mention the WIFOM involved.

I'm still very,
very
happy about my vote.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Post by Moonlight »

I will say though: because of the verdict of the first quote, HSS and Nacho are an unlikely pair. >_>
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 177, conman41895 wrote:
In post 172, Tony PF wrote:We now return to your regularly scheduled scum hunting.

While I was on the way home from school, I had a moment of epiphany. I'm revoking my town read on conman. He did make some preliminary attempts at scum hunting, but lately has resorted to tunneling me. If you've found anyone else to be scummy in your previous posts, let me know, as I fail to see it.

In addition, after post 149, you certainly had cause to vote me, especially if you really had been scum reading me this whole time. But yet you didn't. There are two very good explanations for this.
  1. You don't really think I'm scum, which could be because you're scum and know I'm not scum.
  2. You're worried about getting lynched tomorrow for driving a town lynch, which IMHO is more of a scum concern than a town concern.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Conman

1) I'm not tunneling you. If I was tunneling you I would have voted you. Yes you are my suspect but I also shared my reads which indicated my suspicion of both Squirrel (which I am now thinking town slightly) and HSS.

2) I expressed how I was uncomfortable with post 149 as soon as I read it, the reason I didn't vote you at that time was because I was still waiting for you to respond to my reads in which I asked you to explain your odd voting pattern up until that point, and I also questioned you about post 149. I don't vote until I feel sure, and I was waiting for your response to my questions before I made my vote. Seeing as you didn't and still haven't answered any of my questions I have not yet posted my vote.

Does me having a different voting style then you make me scum?
Probably not. Thanks for answering. You can be town again now.

UNVOTE: Conman

And I agree with everything Moonlight said about HSS.

VOTE: HSS

He has no interest in providing content, or even anything at all that could help us find his scumbuddy. Really, really bad
scum
player.

Also, by the same logic, I can't be his scumbuddy, since the situation was mildly threatening to me as well. Just throwing that out there.

Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 178, conman41895 wrote:@tony btw Id still like an explanation to all of your votes up until this point.
List all the votes that I never explained, because AFAIK I've explained all of them.

Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 am

Post by Moonlight »

I'm just mentioning I don't want HSS (or anyone for that matter) lynched too soon. If I squint my eyes really hard I
can
see a plausible newbtown scenario there, but I don't find it as likely as newbscum. The best way to figure that out is to get him pressured anyway.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:33 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 184, Kenobi wrote:
As Bipolar mentioned in #181, HSS voted before talking about even reading the thread. He's not even trying to provide reasoning, while I'm (if anything) erring on the side of caution. We still have quite a while before the end of the day, and I don't want anyone lynched yet.
I'm leaving up the two quotes so you can read them, but I think Moonlight was kind of scummy in what he said about them, and now you're going along with his logic, so I'd like to hear you defend it. But, it's a lie. It's just...wrong, and weird, and a lie. He came in, he voted, three minutes later he posted that "I've had to catch up"

That's *NOT* saying that he did it after his vote.
That's *NOT* saying that he needs to still do it.
That's saying that he came in, caught up, and *THEN* voted.

I don't like this wagon, and I'm pretty sure you and/or Moonlight are scum. I lean that it's only one of you, and that the one is Moonlight. But I hate this logic, and it's scummy.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:16 am

Post by Moonlight »

Squirrel, why are you misrepping me? =/ There's nothing in my post that says that I believed he voted without catching up. That is a misconception that only Kenobi's post shows.

If anything, I believe that his catching up is just an excuse and he is well aware of what is going on. It doesn't make sense for me to believe he is blindly casting his votes.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Of course he's aware of what's going on - he flat out said he was caught up.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Moonlight »

Yes, but unless I've read your post completely wrong (and do correct me), you've linked Kenobi's misconception with my logic behind why I believe HSS is scum. Why is that?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Mm, I disagree SG. HSS came in and said VERY little adding a vote to some weak arguments. Then his post about him having to catch up was redundant and meaningless, posting for the sake of posting, really.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:39 am

Post by Moonlight »

I think we have a problem. =/

I want Squirrel to answer this question as honestly as possible: do you first read what I say and then decide if it's more probably to come from Town or scum, or have you decided I'm scum and you're only looking at how it makes sense as scum to post it?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:42 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Moonlight, do you think SG is scum?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 am

Post by Moonlight »

No. I am asking because I've become confident in my townread on her.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”