Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

As would I, big scary posts that ~totally exist~ do exactly nothing for me.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Good lord. Where to begin with this mess? You obviously haven't been paying attention.
In post 439, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 66, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 59, Chandra Nalaar wrote:We only have a week to make this wagon happen.
Why do you want a bulbafenix wagon? Could I interest you in an Aronis wagon? If one has an awesome character then one doesn't consider trading for the worst Marvel character.
In post 68, The Rufflig wrote:It wasn't when you made the vote and pushed for it.
^this was weird and illogical
Your stated reason for voting BulbaFenix at this point was that the BulbaFenix wagon was larger. This was untrue. So you were either mistaken or you had a different reason for voting BulbaFenix. I pressed you on it. Hey! Guess what? I was right. According to you, you were trying to get a reaction from BulbaFenix to get a better read on the slot.
In post 127, The Rufflig wrote:@pidgey: Interesting. Would you say displaced is attempting to smear mozamis or mozamis' read on me?
At first, I thought this looked like trying to get pidgey to do your dirty work. However, you proceed to argue against pidgey in the following post. Calling it "interesting" first appears to me to be a case of cognitive dissonance and/or light trapping. I tend to think townies don't plan their posts/trajectories ahead of time.
So you didn't plan to make posts to get a reaction from BulbaFenix?
In post 229, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 159, vezokpiraka wrote:Ok. Are you scum?
Apparently, you didn't figure it out. That's ok, just pay attention to displaced - he caught all of the problems with Pidgey's posts that I was picking at.

VOTE: Pidgey
I just don't think pidgey looks scummy at all until you squint really hard trying to make it so.
I think you'd have to be blind not to see it. Keep in mind, I'm not the only one to pick up on these things. So, there is something there - or possibly something, if you are inclined to argue.

In post 258, The Rufflig wrote: In my opinion, displaced's post is in no way or form throwing dirt on someone. When I pressed pidgey on this, his explanation changed to this:
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
That is a dramatic change in pidgey's reason to vote for displaced.
As has been established, even if you thought pidgey meant what everyone apparently thought he did, this was a reach and a half.
Huh? That doesn't make sense. Anyway, I think we are all sick of arguing over what pidgey said. I don't need to win this point. It turns out that I can drop this point from my case and still have a damn solid case against pidgey.
In post 258, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 232, jklash12 wrote:Why did you vote for pidgey if you were talking about displaced?
Because displaced covered these points (and more) in his posts about pidgey. pidgey's initial case against displaced is obviously false. pidgey's revised case is forced.
Neither "obviously false" nor "forced" is an applicable adjective to the posts in question.
You find pidgey latching onto a neutral post and ascribing scummy things to it to be a natural progression? It seems forced to me. Can you come up with a rational reason why displaced would feel the need to throw dirt on mozamis (or anyone else)? With only two posts to work with, do you honestly believe that pidgey could determine scummy intent? Not a chance!
In post 433, The Rufflig wrote: 3) Let's set aside pidgey's case for the moment. The game started on a weekend when nothing much had happened yet. Could you look me in the eye and state that displaced's post held scummy intent? Why would he bother? Having established that displaced's post help no scummy intent pidgey's claims are called into sharp question.
This is not logic, nor does it resemble logic, and I don't like how you're putting words in Nero's mouth either.

So yeah.
There is a reason that prosecutors routinely bring up motive in a murder case to establish guilt. It is self evident that I am asking for displaced's motive. Here is the context: it is early day 1 without much to comment on. What is displaced's motive? If displaced doesn't have a motive (and no one has been able to provide one), then it is likely that displaced's post was not, in fact, the sinister thing that pidgey made it out to be. That would make pidgey's accusation false. False accusations are not to be taken lightly and reflect back upon the accuser. Very clear and very logical train of thought.

I fail to see how I've put words in Nero's mouth.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 451, The Rufflig wrote:Good lord. Where to begin with this mess? You obviously haven't been paying attention.
I'd like to take this moment to note your decision to start out by discrediting me as "not paying attention" and then to do exactly nothing in the rest of the post to demonstrate that I was not paying attention. You're just trying to sound pretty.
In post 451, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 439, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 66, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 59, Chandra Nalaar wrote:We only have a week to make this wagon happen.
Why do you want a bulbafenix wagon? Could I interest you in an Aronis wagon? If one has an awesome character then one doesn't consider trading for the worst Marvel character.
In post 68, The Rufflig wrote:It wasn't when you made the vote and pushed for it.
^this was weird and illogical
Your stated reason for voting BulbaFenix at this point was that the BulbaFenix wagon was larger. This was untrue. So you were either mistaken or you had a different reason for voting BulbaFenix. I pressed you on it. Hey! Guess what? I was right. According to you, you were trying to get a reaction from BulbaFenix to get a better read on the slot.
I never stated that I voted for Bulbafenix because his wagon was larger. You're extrapolating from what I did say to something that isn't true.
In post 127, The Rufflig wrote:@pidgey: Interesting. Would you say displaced is attempting to smear mozamis or mozamis' read on me?
At first, I thought this looked like trying to get pidgey to do your dirty work. However, you proceed to argue against pidgey in the following post. Calling it "interesting" first appears to me to be a case of cognitive dissonance and/or light trapping. I tend to think townies don't plan their posts/trajectories ahead of time.
So you didn't plan to make posts to get a reaction from BulbaFenix?
Completely different. I didn't do any misleading.
In post 229, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 159, vezokpiraka wrote:Ok. Are you scum?
Apparently, you didn't figure it out. That's ok, just pay attention to displaced - he caught all of the problems with Pidgey's posts that I was picking at.

VOTE: Pidgey
I just don't think pidgey looks scummy at all until you squint really hard trying to make it so.
I think you'd have to be blind not to see it. Keep in mind, I'm not the only one to pick up on these things. So, there is something there - or possibly something, if you are inclined to argue.
I guess I'm blind.

There is a reason I'm scumreading most of that wagon. I don't believe there is anything.
In post 258, The Rufflig wrote: In my opinion, displaced's post is in no way or form throwing dirt on someone. When I pressed pidgey on this, his explanation changed to this:
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
That is a dramatic change in pidgey's reason to vote for displaced.
As has been established, even if you thought pidgey meant what everyone apparently thought he did, this was a reach and a half.
Huh? That doesn't make sense. Anyway, I think we are all sick of arguing over what pidgey said. I don't need to win this point. It turns out that I can drop this point from my case and still have a damn solid case against pidgey.
(Hint: It's not solid)
In post 258, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 232, jklash12 wrote:Why did you vote for pidgey if you were talking about displaced?
Because displaced covered these points (and more) in his posts about pidgey. pidgey's initial case against displaced is obviously false. pidgey's revised case is forced.
Neither "obviously false" nor "forced" is an applicable adjective to the posts in question.
You find pidgey latching onto a neutral post and ascribing scummy things to it to be a natural progression? It seems forced to me. Can you come up with a rational reason why displaced would feel the need to throw dirt on mozamis (or anyone else)? With only two posts to work with, do you honestly believe that pidgey could determine scummy intent? Not a chance!
First of all, it's only neutral by your say-so.

Second of all, YOU don't seem to have been paying attention, because we literally just cleared up the confusion about "throwing dirt" last page.
In post 433, The Rufflig wrote: 3) Let's set aside pidgey's case for the moment. The game started on a weekend when nothing much had happened yet. Could you look me in the eye and state that displaced's post held scummy intent? Why would he bother? Having established that displaced's post help no scummy intent pidgey's claims are called into sharp question.
This is not logic, nor does it resemble logic, and I don't like how you're putting words in Nero's mouth either.

So yeah.
There is a reason that prosecutors routinely bring up motive in a murder case to establish guilt. It is self evident that I am asking for displaced's motive. Here is the context: it is early day 1 without much to comment on. What is displaced's motive? If displaced doesn't have a motive (and no one has been able to provide one), then it is likely that displaced's post was not, in fact, the sinister thing that pidgey made it out to be. That would make pidgey's accusation false. False accusations are not to be taken lightly and reflect back upon the accuser. Very clear and very logical train of thought.

I fail to see how I've put words in Nero's mouth.
You assume that the response to your question is "no, you couldn't look me in the eye and state that displaced's post held scummy intent".

You seem awfully sure that displaced has no scummy intent. Is it because you know he's town? ;)
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by pidgey »

Ruff whats your solid case against me if youdrop that displaced part?
-----------------
Sup
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 444, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 369, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 365, ThAdmiral wrote:What is the tone change?
You went from 'that's a good pickup that ol' SG is having a weird switch in her thoughts' all the way to 'totally follow SG's line of thought'.
You don't think you shifted stances at all?
Are you forgetting the whole part where you explained your train of thought? Do you think you did a bad job and that I shouldn't be able to follow your train of thought? In any case I didn't/don't agree with everything you said.
Yeah, but that's the point though. i think all I did was basically re-state what was already contained in that post, and you didn't even seem to buy half of it, but suddenly your demeanor went from 'can lynch SG' to 'pals with SG' it didn't feel like a legit mental shift considering the interaction. That's why I called it out.
In post 446, Yates wrote:
In post 435, Squirrel Girl wrote:It's like he's almost sort of admitting to being wrong, and is trying to get a semi-truce called
Don't press your luck. I'm willing to admit that I don't know wtf you people are thinking saying giving reads = scumhunting while disproving points - even in defense - is not. I also like how you missed the Nero quote where HE claims defending is scumhunting when it was pressed on him in another game but in this one he's pretending like my doing it isn't. So in the interests of sparing this game more of this BS, I'm moving on. You probably should too.
I'll drop it after we drop you from a gallows.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

Girls, Girls (Yates and SG), you're both beautiful... Now, can we come together and pluck out some scummies? Like KidA?

~Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by pidgey »

Guys please vote ruff
-----------------
Sup
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 456, pidgey wrote:Guys please vote ruff
Listen to this guy.

@Josh: The posts that referenced Umbrage were just RVS. I've played some games before with this player and had some memories.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by TheUnderachivers »

In post 426, Yates wrote:
In post 423, Nero Cain wrote:And what's the difference between being opportunistic in a small and a large?
I don't know either of them. What I do know is some players get overwhelmed in a game this size and will do something "opportunistic" as an excuse to place a vote. If anyone had meta on either of these clowns, that would be better than assuming they are Monkey or AA9 alts...
Seems kinda fence sitter, man.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 458, TheUnderachivers wrote:
In post 423, Nero Cain wrote:And what's the difference between being opportunistic in a small and a large?
I don't know either of them. What I do know is some players get overwhelmed in a game this size and will do something "opportunistic" as an excuse to place a vote. If anyone had meta on either of these clowns, that would be better than assuming they are Monkey or AA9 alts...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 458, TheUnderachivers wrote:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Post by mozamis »

Christ, i wish SqG and Yates would knock it off. You're both town.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 313, pidgey wrote:This is fucking retarded, but i guess i can fucking put my 2 cents?

1.- I dont think i scum hunted on my first 4 posts.
As a matter of fact, im pretty sure i was drunk and having fun.
2.- 12 or so hours later, if i remember correctly, I think i gave my initial, not really hard reads but first content that i noticed in thread in the latter 4 posts.
Would like some reads from you.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 355, Josh_B wrote:
In post 351, Yates wrote:
In post 349, Nero Cain wrote:What is SG accusing you of that others are doing?
SG accused me of not scumhunting.
How about now? Are you scum hunting now?

VOTE: yates
Don't like this vote. You haven't seemed suspicious of Yates at all, and now this vote, without a reason? Explain.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 369, Squirrel Girl wrote:I actually agree with Pidgey. I think his two comments look quite workable as the same line of thought and don't see the change that Ruffling is talking about.
Yeah, thats what I said a while ago.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 416, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Hey displaced, do you have anything at all to say that's not about pidgey?
Think Chandra is town. Several times he has popped up to give original thoughts, no sheeping.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:31 am

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 452, Chandra Nalaar wrote:I'd like to take this moment to note your decision to start out by discrediting me as "not paying attention" and then to do exactly nothing in the rest of the post to demonstrate that I was not paying attention. You're just trying to sound pretty.
If you had been paying attention, I wouldn't have to keep correcting all your errors that you keep posting. As expected, the wall only brought contradictions from you without any arguments or proof.
In post 452, Chandra Nalaar wrote:I never stated that I voted for Bulbafenix because his wagon was larger. You're extrapolating from what I did say to something that isn't true.
I'm sorry. I asked you point blank why you were voting for BulbaFenix and that
was
your reply. Would quoting it directly for you again refresh your memory or are you going to continue to deny your own posts?
In post 452, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Completely different. I didn't do any misleading.
We weren't talking about misleading. However, your stated reason for voting BulbaFenix was because his wagon was larger. It turns out that wasn't the case. So misleading also applies here.
In post 452, Chandra Nalaar wrote:(Hint: It's not solid)
Then come up with an argument to dispute it instead of just contradicting everything I say. That should be an easy bar to reach if the case isn't solid.
First of all, it's only neutral by your say-so.

Second of all, YOU don't seem to have been paying attention, because we literally just cleared up the confusion about "throwing dirt" last page.
First, are you paying attention to anyone? Even pidgey now states that the post was neutral -- that is the damn basis of his case against displaced -- that displaced did
not
take a side with his post.

Second, We did not clear up the mess of pidgey's throwing dirt. We just got tired of arguing about it. Excuse me - not arguing, contradicting. The clearing up is utter nonsense.
You assume that the response to your question is "no, you couldn't look me in the eye and state that displaced's post held scummy intent".
That would be a very easy statement to disprove, if it was false. Simply state a reasonable scummy motive behind the post. Go ahead. I'm listening.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:32 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 432, beastcharizard wrote:I am 99% sure the smiley thing was about Squirrel Girl.

@Rats:

Nothing is coming out of the arguments at all. It is just people bickering about each other so I am going to ignore it and pretend it isn't happening. Glad to know you can come in and do nothing as well.
re: smilies -it was both. But it was ZZx who came in and posted a lot of smilies in one post.
You saying "nothing is coming out of the arguments", butwhat abput your reads? On SqG, on Yates etc. Or indeed any reads in general. You seem to be posting wthout really saying much.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 435, Squirrel Girl wrote:Can you describe what made his banter stand out or mine boring?
It was that post to do with "comic book minutiae", it was finny and cheeky and at made me chuckle, and gave me that "oh, this guy is really town" reaction.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:36 am

Post by mozamis »

*funny and cheeky and made me chuckle
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:28 am

Post by pidgey »

First, are you paying attention to anyone? Even pidgey now states that the post was neutral -- that is the damn basis of his case against displaced -- that displaced did not take a side with his post.
That's now untrue and doesnt hold up though. I again think it was scummish. I thought it was neutral because when i pressed displaced he thought me he was voting already, but casually forgot to mention that he was voting someone else entirely.
It turns out that I can drop this point from my case and still have a damn solid case against pidgey.
I already fucking asked what's your case if you drop that point tell me another knee slapper lol, you have not pressented a thing. INB4 big words like dishonesty, manipulation, etc without evidence.

Nero stop posting double posts what the fuckkkkkk
Would like some reads from you.
At the moment? I dont have too many but i think
Ruffling - very scum
Displaced - Could be scum, not with ruffling
Nero - Town
Chandra - Feels town
jklash - Lazy asshole but maybe town
Umbrage - Makes me weary, not sure.
ThAdmiral - Wierdly lurking
SG/Yates - Both feel townish
ZZZX/Charizard - Need to reread because apperantly they are scummy. Though charizards bugs me more.
-----------------
Sup
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 407, Squirrel Girl wrote:I'm bugged that people are choosing to dismiss how I caught Yates by just calling the conversation "silly" without actually providing any validity to the claim that it's silly.

I CAUGHT SCUM! Why does everyone always ignore me?
Silly is an opinion. Yates calling the conversation silly doesn't mean it is silly, nor does it mean he's scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 434, mozamis wrote:VOTE BEAST CHARIZARD

His reasons for his reads look like bollocks.
Just finished 2 games with him as town and he looks exactly the same as he does now. Take it for what it's worth, but don't think he's scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 463, mozamis wrote:
In post 355, Josh_B wrote:
In post 351, Yates wrote:
In post 349, Nero Cain wrote:What is SG accusing you of that others are doing?
SG accused me of not scumhunting.
How about now? Are you scum hunting now?

VOTE: yates
Don't like this vote. You haven't seemed suspicious of Yates at all, and now this vote, without a reason? Explain.
Well, Mozamis just moved to the top of my Scum pile. If you didn't like the vote, check my posts in isolation. My previous post was telling Yates to quit acting like pigey's whiney older brother trying to get attention from mom(aka SqG). I thought about releasing the vote when Yates told me he was watching continuum because I like continuum, but he was watching continuum and still arguing with SqG instead of scum hunting like he said he had been, so I left it there. People who aren't trying to take posts out of context already know how the vote got there. Now you know why it was left there and now you know why I'm changing it.

VOTE: Mozamis
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 455, BulbaFenix wrote:Girls, Girls (Yates and SG), you're both beautiful... Now, can we come together and pluck out some scummies? Like KidA?

~Fenix
Why are you so hung up on KidA, He freely claimed wolverine at the beginning. Now unless you have some reason to believe that wolverine isn't in this game, or that wolverine is a fake claim that just hasn't been CC'd yet, I'm not seeing any issue against him that would indicate that he's scum.

Believe me, I don't like lurkers and inactives any more than the next guy, but that doesn't mean they're automatically scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”