Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Oh, Rufflig was supposed to be on my scumread list as well, but then I forgot.

VOTE: Rufflig, only major wagon I support.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Yates »

In post 423, Nero Cain wrote:And what's the difference between being opportunistic in a small and a large?
I don't know either of them. What I do know is some players get overwhelmed in a game this size and will do something "opportunistic" as an excuse to place a vote. If anyone had meta on either of these clowns, that would be better than assuming they are Monkey or AA9 alts...
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 380, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 372, jklash12 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: pisgey

I like rufflig's case on pidgey plus pidgeys reaction lately makes pidgey look scummy to me.
This looks opportunistic as fuck to me.

-Fenix
In a big game like this you have to build wagons on people. So when you have to get 13 people voting one person votes on that wagon are going to look opportunistic.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 425, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Oh, Rufflig was supposed to be on my scumread list as well, but then I forgot.

Catching up, but saw this and have to say if there is a major wagon on rufflig then I think that's a mistake.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:46 am

Post by mozamis »

Yeah this post from Yates looks really town. He's confident, combative and thinking hard about the game. Obviously, he could be very good scum, but no way is he a Day 1 lynch.

Whoever made the point abut ZZx and smilies, I agree. It's obviously not a "cast iron tell", but he did look nervous. Could just be his playstyle, ut he has to be on the lynch pile for today.
I'm having a hard following some of Josh B's posts (what is "plox"?). But no strong read on him.
Wasn't that keen on Squirrell Girl's vote for me. But I think she was just on the wrong track rather than scummy. The way she is arguing with Yates - defending herself strongly without seeming paranoid/over defensive is quite hard to fake as scum. Prob. town.

Nero probably town - he is certainly different from "Always Sunny", where he was much more "GO-GO LYNCH!". Don't really agree with him about Yates, but he looks like he is thinking about the game.
In post 196, displaced wrote:
In post 125, pidgey wrote:I dunno i have no reads yet nero seems town for now.

Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks"

vote: Displaced
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
These statements dont really tally
This looks a bit like bollocks to me. Those statements clearly do tally. He was accusing you of "throwing some dirt and seeing if it will stick" -but without really committing to a read. (You didn't say "Moz is scum").
Pos. scum.

Not really sure about Pidgey. He seems to be accusing Squirrel of buddying without explicitly saying so. Clairifucation would be good. Null.

Up to page 8.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:48 am

Post by mozamis »

Cuppa herbal tea now and no ciggy :(
What the fuck has happened to me lol
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 am

Post by mozamis »

Not loving PV's post 213 to talk about himself. I know you like to lurk PV, but need more from you.
Chandra, could you please back up your read with some analysis/explanations? Just saying "so and so is town" isn't really good enough.
In post 223, Josh_B wrote:If you can't see that as ad hom, I can't see you as being town.
This looks town. It's emotional, but not overly emotional and looks natural.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 am

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 429, mozamis wrote:Whoever made the point abut ZZx and smilies, I agree
I am 99% sure the smiley thing was about Squirrel Girl.

@Rats:

Nothing is coming out of the arguments at all. It is just people bickering about each other so I am going to ignore it and pretend it isn't happening. Glad to know you can come in and do nothing as well.

@Pidgey:

Why are you getting so upset? People read others wrong all the time and scum have to make up reasons to lynch someone. You should be happy if that is the case because it will clearly show.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:53 am

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 422, Nero Cain wrote:1. SG hasn't called Pid town.
2. Why is SG mistaken town than scum presenting wrong facts?
3. Short of claiming scum with Pid, why am I wrong?
4. His case isn't shifting
1) Partly true. She did not in fact call him town based off the posts I found scummy. She did claim a slight gut townish read on him.

2) I do not expect town to be right all the time. I look at SG's posts and I see scum hunting. She is pressing people, making some of her reads known and is active. Balancing all the factors out, I currently think she is more likely town than scum.

3) Let's set aside pidgey's case for the moment. The game started on a weekend when nothing much had happened yet. Could you look me in the eye and state that displaced's post held scummy intent? Why would he bother? Having established that displaced's post help no scummy intent pidgey's claims are called into sharp question.

4) Yes, it did. Would you like to spend more pages on this point? How about we just watch the Monty Python Argument Clinic skit instead and call it a day? The skit will be more interesting to everyone at this point.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:59 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 224, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Gah, Gah!
VOTE: Squirrel Girl
Er, what the fuck is this? That was her RVS vote. Explain.

I don't like Beast saying he doesnt believe ZZx, and then votes Umbrage for giving a town read that Beast doen't agree with., Pos. scum.
In post 242, Squirrel Girl wrote:Basically using double standards in his reads. i don't actually think he's doing that, mind, I think he's faking reads - which gives the appearance of double standards because he's just tossing out things to justify stances. But calling it 'double standards' basically gets across what I mean.
No, I just thought he looked town and you didn't really stand out at that stage.

Pappums looks quite town for his attack on ZZx. Want to hear ZZx response.
Pappums and Universal both pick up on what I didnt like about Beast, so town points to them.
In post 260, beastcharizard wrote:I am voting Umbrage because they just town read someone for something that is scummy in my book. While I think ZZZX is scum I think do to the town read Umbrage gave to ZZZX is even scummier. They found some random, might I add bad, reason to town read someone. It seems like it is for the sake of town reading someone.
Yeah, but why didn't you say any of this at the time?

Bottom of page 11. I'm running out of steam, so I'm gonna
VOTE BEAST CHARIZARD

His reasons for his reads look like bollocks.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 409, Yates wrote:
In post 407, Squirrel Girl wrote:Why does everyone always ignore me?
Because you are scum. Or because you are pedantic. I'm going to read you based on your performance going forward since apparently [and inexplicably] I'm the only one that makes a distinction between giving reads and scumhunting and that doesn't discount defenses as scumhunting. *shrug*
It's like he's almost sort of admitting to being wrong, and is trying to get a semi-truce called. No deals.
In post 419, pappums rat wrote:Honestly, from what I remember of playing with Yates, this is exactly the kind of play I expect from him. I understand from your viewpoint this probably looks differently, but I do have a townread on him.
Can you suggest any extra-curricular reading for me to let me see town Yates at play doing similar stuff?
In post 428, mozamis wrote:
In post 425, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Oh, Rufflig was supposed to be on my scumread list as well, but then I forgot.

Catching up, but saw this and have to say if there is a major wagon on rufflig then I think that's a mistake.
My thoughts on this interaction remain the same.
In post 434, mozamis wrote:No, I just thought he looked town and you didn't really stand out at that stage.
Can you describe what made his banter stand out or mine boring?
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

I finally figured out what my problem with you is. You aren't actually trying to get your scum reads lynched.

BulbaFeniz : Let's give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just trying to get a reaction to get a better read on this slot.
Umbrage: Your initial vote was unsupported by any reasons. True, you did take a couple pot shots at Umbrage later on, but you never pushed this scum read or mention what it was about Umbrage that you found scummy.
jklash: I don't recall you even making a snarky comment towards him or
Kid A: - how are you going to get people to vote for them without any reasons?
The Rufflig: No reasons here, either.

I think it is time for you to start filling in some of the blanks.
Don't Panic!
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 436, The Rufflig wrote:BulbaFeniz : Let's give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just trying to get a reaction to get a better read on this slot..
See, folks, this is what mudslinging looks like.

I was just about to say that I'd be willing to express reasons for any of the reads I just gave (or have given before) upon request.

You're right, I'm not trying very hard to get my scumreads lynched right now. Mostly because none of them are very strong and I'm hoping something better will strike me as the day goes on. Don't worry, when I'm ready for the day to end, you will damn well know it.

I'll pull up what I was thinking about those three shortly.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

I like rufflig's case on pidgey plus pidgeys reaction lately makes pidgey look scummy to me.
jklash was 90% agreement re: this vote seeming opportunistic.
In post 154, Kid A wrote:
In post 110, ZZZX wrote: also just saw Kid A post, I dont think you actually posted a reason for your vote? Are you just simply sheeping? The last time I checked that IS a scum tell. :)
unless you have a reason for me doing it that involves me being scum its not a scumtell :)
This reads like scum cheekiness.
In post 155, Kid A wrote:
In post 124, BulbaFenix wrote:
Unvote

@Kid A

Mind explaining why you've voted the way you have so far?
he is more concerned about telling everyone how town he is than finding scum
This is rich coming from someone who's not scumhunting either.
In post 399, Kid A wrote:im sheeping this wagon because it is better than anything i have come up with

VOTE: pidgey
And this isn't a reason or really even an agreement. It also attempts to give the illusion Kid A is doing anything whatsoever, which he is not.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 66, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 59, Chandra Nalaar wrote:We only have a week to make this wagon happen.
Why do you want a bulbafenix wagon? Could I interest you in an Aronis wagon? If one has an awesome character then one doesn't consider trading for the worst Marvel character.
In post 68, The Rufflig wrote:It wasn't when you made the vote and pushed for it.
^this was weird and illogical
In post 127, The Rufflig wrote:@pidgey: Interesting. Would you say displaced is attempting to smear mozamis or mozamis' read on me?
At first, I thought this looked like trying to get pidgey to do your dirty work. However, you proceed to argue against pidgey in the following post. Calling it "interesting" first appears to me to be a case of cognitive dissonance and/or light trapping. I tend to think townies don't plan their posts/trajectories ahead of time.
In post 152, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 149, Aronis wrote:Ruffig, why are you voting for me?
So what about Kid A? Why am I not pressing him?
Another excellent question! He stated that his character name is 'Wolverine'. Such unforced disclosures early on almost always come from town. I've not run across a case where a scum did this, but it is possible so almost always. Anyway, that disclosure led to me not being interested in Kid A, today.
The "let me ask myself a question" rhetorical device rubs me the wrong way, even though in general I don't object to the point.
In post 229, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 159, vezokpiraka wrote:Ok. Are you scum?
Apparently, you didn't figure it out. That's ok, just pay attention to displaced - he caught all of the problems with Pidgey's posts that I was picking at.

VOTE: Pidgey
I just don't think pidgey looks scummy at all until you squint really hard trying to make it so.
In post 258, The Rufflig wrote: In my opinion, displaced's post is in no way or form throwing dirt on someone. When I pressed pidgey on this, his explanation changed to this:
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
That is a dramatic change in pidgey's reason to vote for displaced.
As has been established, even if you thought pidgey meant what everyone apparently thought he did, this was a reach and a half.
In post 258, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 232, jklash12 wrote:Why did you vote for pidgey if you were talking about displaced?
Because displaced covered these points (and more) in his posts about pidgey. pidgey's initial case against displaced is obviously false. pidgey's revised case is forced.
Neither "obviously false" nor "forced" is an applicable adjective to the posts in question.
In post 433, The Rufflig wrote: 3) Let's set aside pidgey's case for the moment. The game started on a weekend when nothing much had happened yet. Could you look me in the eye and state that displaced's post held scummy intent? Why would he bother? Having established that displaced's post help no scummy intent pidgey's claims are called into sharp question.
This is not logic, nor does it resemble logic, and I don't like how you're putting words in Nero's mouth either.

So yeah.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

@moz:

I figured my vote reason was self-explanatory with the whole: "How did you see that as town" and then I voted them thing.
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 427, jklash12 wrote:
In post 380, BulbaFenix wrote:

This looks opportunistic as fuck to me.

-Fenix
In a big game like this you have to build wagons on people. So when you have to get 13 people voting one person votes on that wagon are going to look opportunistic.
I know how this sort of thing works. Doesn't mean I don't see it as opportunistic and am leery of it.
In post 399, Kid A wrote:im sheeping this wagon because it is better than anything i have come up with

VOTE: pidgey
You've not done a damn thing except come in and random post votes, you're hiding in the background imo, you've not answered ANY questions directed at you, AND you're sheeping like crazy. Welcome to
my
personal scum list...

~Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Literally all my scumreads are voting pidgey. Probably not a coincidence.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

:lol:
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 369, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 365, ThAdmiral wrote:What is the tone change?
You went from 'that's a good pickup that ol' SG is having a weird switch in her thoughts' all the way to 'totally follow SG's line of thought'.
You don't think you shifted stances at all?
Are you forgetting the whole part where you explained your train of thought? Do you think you did a bad job and that I shouldn't be able to follow your train of thought? In any case I didn't/don't agree with everything you said.
In post 398, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 295, ThAdmiral wrote:So to be clear you are going with the "this was a serious vote" angle? Bold.
Yes, it was, and not sure why it was bold.
Ok. So if its a serious vote - why are you voting umbrage then?
(who you aren't voting anymore because you swapped to voting a lurker)
In post 419, pappums rat wrote:
In post 342, beastcharizard wrote:@Josh:

Why aren't you voting?

@Chandra:

Did you just imply it is so scummy it is town? Has that ever worked out for you? I mean that gives scum the oppurtinity to be blatantly scummy and get a town read from you for it. It seems a little naive to me.
Wow, this post is terrible. This is posting just to post, not commenting on anything actually going on, randomly asking Josh why he isnt voting and then taking CHandra's post out of context and asking useless question and giving useless commentary with it.
It is. Jump on board his wagon with me.
In post 424, Nero Cain wrote:Pid wagon is crap, either Yates or Ruffling are my preferred lynches.
What do you think of beastcharizard?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Umbrage »

erm... ok I think I was wrong about pidgey...
In post 377, pidgey wrote:LOL wow what THE FUCK

I make REASONS for my vote? Get the fuck out of here. I've been nothing but FUCKING CONSISTANT. Fuckin piece of crap, this all is.

I already said I hadnt noticed you were voting you stupid. STOOPID. If you had, youd still be scum to me.
In post 378, pidgey wrote:At least if im lynched you would all had a goldmine to work with since apperantly im all the talk today and everyone is either commenting about my RVS posts or inventing some fucking crap about me.
this is a town reaction, like REALLY town - trust me I know all about arrogant frustrated town...

I think I'm just going to sheep moz for this game, he's super town

Rufflig's got a decent case on Chandra, but I still have a super strong gut town read on Chandra

I could get behind a beastcharizard lynch maybe, but I'm still liking Squirrel lynch.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 435, Squirrel Girl wrote:It's like he's almost sort of admitting to being wrong, and is trying to get a semi-truce called
Don't press your luck. I'm willing to admit that I don't know wtf you people are thinking saying giving reads = scumhunting while disproving points - even in defense - is not. I also like how you missed the Nero quote where HE claims defending is scumhunting when it was pressed on him in another game but in this one he's pretending like my doing it isn't. So in the interests of sparing this game more of this BS, I'm moving on. You probably should too.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 445, Umbrage wrote:this is a town reaction, like REALLY town
Yep
In post 445, Umbrage wrote:Rufflig's got a decent case on Chandra, but I still have a super strong gut town read on Chandra
I think you switched some of the names around here
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Chandra didn't ask me for a response to anything in her post and I really don't want to start a wall war. So, I've decided not to rip Chandra's post to shreds by posting a wall (I saved it, though). If there's anything in Chandra's post that anyone wants a response to, let me know.
Don't Panic!
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 448, The Rufflig wrote:Chandra didn't ask me for a response to anything in her post and I really don't want to start a wall war. So, I've decided not to rip Chandra's post to shreds by posting a wall (I saved it, though). If there's anything in Chandra's post that anyone wants a response to, let me know.
I'd like to see the whole thing, if ya don't mind.
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”