Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1371, BirdAndBeast wrote:3rd party lyncher isn't town dude and it's silly to treat it like town. So you are willing to side with them over us who would be practically obv town if serene were a confirmed lyncher so we'd be trustworthy more than them anyhow. And you would actually consider lynching a townie over their lyncher? The fuck? IDK Brian.
Why do you keep saying you're confirmed town if they're a lyncher? Isn't the alignment of a lyncher's target random?

And 3rd party ISN'T scum. Which means yes, I can trust their reads. They've already nearly completely damaged their shot at winning this game in Episode 1, so their best shot at winning again is to help the town win.

And I've never said I trusted their reads more than you. I read your posts as well. I read Bro's posts. I read Mollie's posts. Pretty much whoever I'm not ignoring each time I read through the thread. So why are you assuming their shit matters more than yours?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

And Venmar is probably one of the first people I'm working to sort through now.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 1376, Brian Skies wrote:And Venmar is probably one of the first people I'm working to sort through now.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by Infinite Jesters »

In post 1375, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1371, BirdAndBeast wrote:3rd party lyncher isn't town dude and it's silly to treat it like town. So you are willing to side with them over us who would be practically obv town if serene were a confirmed lyncher so we'd be trustworthy more than them anyhow. And you would actually consider lynching a townie over their lyncher? The fuck? IDK Brian.
Why do you keep saying you're confirmed town if they're a lyncher? Isn't the alignment of a lyncher's target random?

And 3rd party ISN'T scum. Which means yes, I can trust their reads. They've already nearly completely damaged their shot at winning this game in Episode 1, so their best shot at winning again is to help the town win.

And I've never said I trusted their reads more than you. I read your posts as well. I read Bro's posts. I read Mollie's posts. Pretty much whoever I'm not ignoring each time I read through the thread. So why are you assuming their shit matters more than yours?
holy shit
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm

In post 1363, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1360, BirdAndBeast wrote:
In post 1358, Brian Skies wrote:I'm still pretty okay with trading you for scumflips.
Ya this is one of the things that looks like scum-roses. Why do you give 2 shits about Serene's opinion exactly?
Why not? You don't trust that he's capable of finding scum? Do you think he's scum (in which case he could be a usurper and we should be PL'ing you right now)? Would you rather fill this thread with another who knows how many pages of Serene tunneling you with role-related bias?
omg
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

In post 1373, BirdAndBeast wrote:
In post 1370, Venmar wrote:mastin, how does it feel to keep drawing scum?
Mastin abandoned me. I guess she's over it. :P
hhhmm...
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by ika »

if this is refered to me, im not treating it like town, i rather lynch him and see if hes truly lyncher as claimed. as i stated theres something irking about him that makes it apparent hes not lyncher and the fact hes trying to keep it up so long is why i would rather lynch him.

p-edit: if venmar is "confirmed" scum why not vote him?

you also say dryfit is "confirmed" scum.

i need rest, i will look this over and do some stuff while night shift goes on
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Because you flat out said you would trade me for their reads. That's probably when I started assuming you cared more about them. You are sucking serene collective dick and 3rd party reading them. If I were not phone post ING I'd post a dr. Cox clip or something to express how baffled I am
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I said I'd trade you for scumflips.
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Serene2 »

In post 1368, Serene2 wrote:
In post 1366, BirdAndBeast wrote:At brian: phone post now going to dinner. You trust them to be REALLY GOOD? Enough that they are better than other people here notably that you care? Enough to override the possibility that they're just mafia and going to ml lots of people?
You think they are amazingly better than me who you credit ed with finding the scum team in ag
....you praised me for that earlier THIS GAMW.

the italics part makes me want to read this post in Hannibal Lecter's voice

brb
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:57 pm

brian we just had a usurper in ag even if you think it is a possibility it would be a possibility between a lyncher or usurper by following with what you are saying. so out of those 2 scenarios why are you not willing to lynch serene? and why would you make a deal with them?
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 1383, Brian Skies wrote:I said I'd trade you for scumflips.
Ya ok that changes literally everything. Brb overhaul of reads imminent
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1385, Infinite Jesters wrote:brian we just had a usurper in ag even if you think it is a possibility it would be a possibility between a lyncher or usurper by following with what you are saying. so out of those 2 scenarios why are you not willing to lynch serene? and why would you make a deal with them?
In post 1342, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1323, Infinite Jesters wrote:I don't like brian's ready offer to lynch bird people to help serene out when if serene is a lyncher that would confirm bird people as town. <--- why would you want to help a lyncher.
I believe that if Serene is either a lyncher/usurper, that he's probably a lyncher. It has to do with the way they just tunnel on their target and say that if we get them lynched, we'll get both of them out of our hair. I don't actually know how usurpers work, but I'd assume they'd still have to play the game out as if they were scum.

I'm also working under the assumption that a lyncher is a role that jointly wins with the winning faction. So as long as they're a lyncher (3rd party), I don't mind working with Serene as long as:
1) It doesn't impede my wincon.
2) They find me scum, which actually helps me with my wincon. This hydra also seems willing to work with me.
3) I don't have to read 10+ pages of biased BnB tunnel every time I open this thread.
4) They turn their focus towards a town-motivated one.

It's a win-win situation for me. And I think there's a way for everyone to be happy (well, except for the scumteam and BnB).

There are three capable town players in that hydra. Not one, not two, THREE! And I'd rather have them help us towards a town wincon as long as I believe there's a way everyone can profit.

Also, I will not be entertaining a lynch on BnB without a valid scumread on them as long as the threat of losing is still a major concern to me.

I mean. Seriously. Kuribo even drew me a pretty map. Look at how much work he put into that thing. It's so adorable!

@Kuribo: I still think Mollie is very likely to be town. If BnB is scum, she's probably just misreading them.
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Serene2 »

In post 1384, Serene2 wrote:
In post 1368, Serene2 wrote:
In post 1366, BirdAndBeast wrote:At brian: phone post now going to dinner. You trust them to be REALLY GOOD? Enough that they are better than other people here notably that you care? Enough to override the possibility that they're just mafia and going to ml lots of people?
You think they are amazingly better than me who you credit ed with finding the scum team in ag
....you praised me for that earlier THIS GAMW.

the italics part makes me want to read this post in Hannibal Lecter's voice

brb
the last part of that video isn't in the post per se, but it's implied
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Mollie tell me I'm not going insane with my Brian suspicion here
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You're going insane.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Well, actually. What is your suspicion?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by ika »

here brain let me help with sorting the lyncher thing:
wiki wrote:The Lyncher is a third-party role whose win condition is to get a specific person (the Lynchee) lynched. If the Lynchee is lynched while the Lyncher is alive and on the Lynchee's wagon, the Lyncher wins. If the Lyncher dies first or the Lyncher is the only scum left in the game and the Lynchee is still alive, the Lyncher loses.

Mods have differing policies in regard to what happens if a Lynchee is nightkilled: the Lyncher may gain the pro-Town Win Condition, may become a Survivor, may change their Lynchee to whoever made that kill, or may win as if that player had gotten lynched. This decision is made based on game balance and role mechanics. However, the third option is a poor one from a balance perspective - the Lyncher in that position can simply claim Watcher with an incriminating result on that player. Since the player that killed the previous Lynchee is more than likely scum, everyone wins (except the scum).

In most games, if the Lyncher succeeds in fulfilling their Win Condition, they will leave the game and in the end be pronounced a joint winner with whichever faction wins the main game.
now read the bolded part
wiki wrote:A Lynchee is a player targeted by a Lyncher. There are no other common traits to Lynchees;
they have been seen of all alignments
and may or may not be power roles. They tend to show up in flavored games where it makes sense for a Lyncher-Lynchee relationship to exist.
AP read the bolded part

now you see where both of you serene and bnb are contradicting?

serne has stated he will "leave the game", so what happens in a hypothetical scnario where he doesnt?

bnb: you are contridciting because you are taking the lyncher on you to be "confirmed town" when here it clearly states it can be either alignment.

now you understand my big problems with both of you?

im going to sleep. nighs shift can sort this stuff out
Last edited by The Critic on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by ika »

mod can you fix the quotes in 1392?

im waiting for night shift first before i make any proper conclusions. i have good ideads regarding day shift. now it comes down to night shift
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1387, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1385, Infinite Jesters wrote:brian we just had a usurper in ag even if you think it is a possibility it would be a possibility between a lyncher or usurper by following with what you are saying. so out of those 2 scenarios why are you not willing to lynch serene? and why would you make a deal with them?
In post 1323, Infinite Jesters wrote:I don't like brian's ready offer to lynch bird people to help serene out when if serene is a lyncher that would confirm bird people as town. <--- why would you want to help a lyncher.
I believe that if Serene is either a lyncher/usurper, that he's probably a lyncher. It has to do with the way they just tunnel on their target and say that if we get them lynched, we'll get both of them out of our hair. I don't actually know how usurpers work, but I'd assume they'd still have to play the game out as if they were scum.

I'm also working under the assumption that a lyncher is a role that jointly wins with the winning faction. So as long as they're a lyncher (3rd party), I don't mind working with Serene as long as:
2) They find me scum, which actually helps me with my wincon. This hydra also seems willing to work with me.
3) I don't have to read 10+ pages of biased BnB tunnel every time I open this thread.

It's a win-win situation for me. And I think there's a way for everyone to be happy (well, except for the scumteam and BnB).

There are three capable town players in that hydra. Not one, not two, THREE! And I'd rather have them help us towards a town wincon as long as I believe there's a way everyone can profit.

Also, I will not be entertaining a lynch on BnB without a valid scumread on them as long as the threat of losing is still a major concern to me.

I mean. Seriously. Kuribo even drew me a pretty map. Look at how much work he put into that thing. It's so adorable!

@Kuribo: I still think Mollie is very likely to be town. If BnB is scum, she's probably just misreading them.
in neither of those scenarios is serene town and a lyncher is most likely to target town but a usurper is most likely to target scum cos of their wc what makes you think that serene would help you find scum after being recruited via fulfilling their wc of their team if the latter were true and why would you want to help a lyncher fullfill their wc on probable town.

what am I missing here
whew!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Thanks Ika!

You hit all the points I was trying to hit but much more effectively!

I'm not in a rush to sort everything out this episode and I don't mind waiting for the night shift to throw out their thoughts. I'll get my re-read done during the night shift.
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:09 pm

In post 1394, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1387, Brian Skies wrote:

in neither of those scenarios is serene town and a lyncher is most likely to target town but a usurper is most likely to target scum cos of their wc what makes you think that serene would help you find scum after being recruited via fulfilling their wc of their team if the latter were true and why would you want to help a lyncher fullfill their wc on probable town.

what am I missing here
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Please read Ika's post about why I think he's more likely to be a lyncher than a usurper.

And I don't think he's town. I have never said he was town. But it's possible for him to have a joint win with the town if he's a lyncher.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1392, ika wrote:serne has stated he will "leave the game", so what happens in a hypothetical scnario where he doesnt?
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Yes technically lyncher can be on scum but in practice aren't for balance reasons
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”