Newbie 1488: Igloo-Town Tragedy (Game Over)

jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Please check my spoiler for in depth analysis of why random is scum.

Spoiler:
In post 142, Randomnamechange wrote:I don't think it is a good idea to have anyone at L-1 this early. Someone could quickhammer.
Private was at L-1 here on day 1 and Random goes out to advise against the wagon against Private.
In post 145, Randomnamechange wrote:I'm getting a null read on Private. He has asked some good questions, but is laying fairly low. I just don't think he has done anything scummy, the read is more based on him not doing townie things.
Gives a weird null on Private here. He says Private isn't scummy and he asks good questions. From that it sounds like he should be town but instead its a null. If someone is asking good questions, that would fall under the category of townie things.
In post 148, Randomnamechange wrote:Hang on a minute. We are lynching Private because he isn't very active. This is a terrible excuse. He could be innocent, or a town power role.
This is a major one. He says we shouldn't lynch Private because he could be a town power role. Think about that for a second. Whenever you lynch anyone you run the risk of lynching a town power role because anyone could be a town power role. This is a terrible defense against a Private lynch but in his next post it gets even worse.
In post 151, Randomnamechange wrote:The reasoning for his lynch would also apply to a power role staying low. He hasn't done anything scummy.
In his next post he takes the defense that Private could be a power role and uses it to defend why Private has been laying low/lurking and yet again say he hasn't done anything scummy.
In post 157, Randomnamechange wrote:
Vote IV

best vote we've got. Nothing contributed, and pretty survivalistic.
Dunno, why I said that stuff about Private, I was tired. Sorry about that.
Here he votes innocentvillager. As far as contributing you can't say Private contributed more than IV on day1. Then he takes back all the bad defensive stuff about Private because he was "tired".
In post 160, Randomnamechange wrote:Private has contributed slightly more by asking questions. Also, IV was oddly survivalistic.
Still defending Private when he didn't need to.

(the rest of the quotes are day2. The ones before were all day 1)
In post 307, Randomnamechange wrote:
Vote private

Same reasons as stated by dtd
Getting a strong town read on dtd, and a weak town on Jake.
Here is where on day2 Random goes to vote Private. Oddly he list no reasons of his own and just sheeps his ass on to dtd's reasons.
In post 337, Randomnamechange wrote:GUYS PRIVATE IS AT LYNCH 1. DO NOT HAMMER YET.
In post 352, Randomnamechange wrote:jklash, we still have a couple more days of discussion so don't hammer yet.
These 2 quotes are trying to delay the Private lynch so that his scum partner has time to post and hopefully dig his way out.
In post 355, Randomnamechange wrote:I'm not sure, but I know DDD asked you questions that you didn't answer. I am satisfied to hammer Private now.
This is just 3 posts after his previous post. He has an uncalled change in mind to be satisfied with the Private lynch.
In post 357, Randomnamechange wrote:He clearly isn't going to post. I have realized this and so have no problem with hammering. I have a decent idea of who is scum, but need to see the flip to see if I am correct. I think I am organized enough to proceed.
Then Jake questioned Random why he is asking for time for Private and this was his response where he says to hammer.

The main points of why Random is scum
-His defense of Private day1 with rather weak reasons and then takes it all back when questioned on it
-sheeps the Private wagon day2. Never says, himself, why Private is scummy.
-His trying to buy Private time to talk at the end of day2
-His weird change of mind between and
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by jklash12 »

Also,
In post 284, Randomnamechange wrote:OK, here are my reads
billi
Spoiler:
Town - scumhunting, lots of acivity
Scum - nothing
Note - he could have an idea of the layout through being a town PR
Verdict - Strong town

jklash
Spoiler:
Town - scumhunting, posts make good points
Scum - not that active
Verdict - medium-strong town

ddd
Spoiler:
Town - day 2 scumhunting and making good posts
Scum - Day 1 low post quality and not scumhunting, not answering questions
Verdict - Null. could be either

zephyr
Spoiler:
Town - has been posting information
Scum - inactive
Note - a lot of his odd moves can be explained by the fact that he is new to mafia
Verdict - Null

dawn - going to look at his ISO then provide a read
jake
Spoiler:
Town - little bit of scumhunting
Scum - tries to lynch a player without providing a case, when they had plenty of posts to take evidence from
Note - haven't done anything I particularly like
Verdict - Weak scum

Private
Spoiler:
Town - asks questions
Scum - no effort to find scum, very few posts
Verdict - Weak scum

Please comment on these reads.
In post 285, Billi bilaði wrote:random, did you do this based on my notes? c",
Basically the same results as I would give.
In post 286, Randomnamechange wrote:Great minds think alike.
I'm getting a weak-town read on dtd. Was lurking day 1, but has been playing well day 2.
He gives a reason or two here of why Private is scum but I find it unusual that his reads match exactly with the player that random has called "the most town player".
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

your right... i may change my vote soon-ish once i get more on jake/random

UNVOTE: JakeUNVOTE:
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

sorry, that is UNVOTE: Jake
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:04 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

At this point billi was coming under fire for the role thing.
In a lot of those points about Day 1 I was not defending Private, I was pushing against IV.
I wouldn't have NK'ed Zephyr. To be honest I would have been looking at DDD as a late town leader who would have been unlikely to be protected.
If you look at my last game (I think it was 1773) then you will see my vote does jump around quite a lot.
Also, Private made a case against me whilst being wagonned. I haven't played that many games, but I think it would be odd for scum to try to pull their scum partner down. (please can someone more experienced tell me more about this?)
dawn_to_dusk
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
dawn_to_dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 am

Post by dawn_to_dusk »

Or maybe that's what private wanted us to think...
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:29 am

or maybe Private wanted us to think that that was what Private wanted us to think?
Or maybe Private wanted us to think that Private wanted us to think that Private wanted us to think I was scum?
WIFOM
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:51 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

jklash12 makes a very strong case that I could easily buy into. No need to rush the voting yet, though.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 404, Randomnamechange wrote:At this point billi was coming under fire for the role thing.
In a lot of those points about Day 1 I was not defending Private, I was pushing against IV.
I wouldn't have NK'ed Zephyr. To be honest I would have been looking at DDD as a late town leader who would have been unlikely to be protected.
If you look at my last game (I think it was 1773) then you will see my vote does jump around quite a lot.
Also, Private made a case against me whilst being wagonned. I haven't played that many games, but I think it would be odd for scum to try to pull their scum partner down. (please can someone more experienced tell me more about this?)
I have seen scum do this so it's entirely possible. It's that whole wifom thing. Would scum toss their partners name out there hoping people will think he's town with a scum flip. The stalling and the bs shit you said about me makes me think it could be you but I really feel like billi slipped. I want to see his and private's interactions before deciding.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:52 am

...Private is dead Jake
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:54 am

yeah I know he is

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:04 am

Here is where on day2 Random goes to vote Private. Oddly he list no reasons of his own and just sheeps his ass on to dtd's reasons.

This was in my reads, given before dtd's vote. dtd had referred to my reads in his evidence to lynch Private. His reasoning was my reasoning. If you had been paying attention then you would know that DDD had explained this.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:10 am

Town - asks questions
Scum - no effort to find scum, very few posts
Verdict - Weak scum
sorry forgot to put this in the post
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I mean I thought I had a solid reason for my town read on random but jklash's post in 400 is actually outstanding, lots of compelling stuff there.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:12 am

In post 413, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I mean I thought I had a solid reason for my town read on random but jklash's post in 400 is actually outstanding, lots of compelling stuff there.
Just got done reading that. I agree it's pretty good and I don't really see random responding to it

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 408, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 404, Randomnamechange wrote:At this point billi was coming under fire for the role thing.
I have seen scum do this so it's entirely possible. It's that whole wifom thing. Would scum toss their partners name out there hoping people will think he's town with a scum flip. The stalling and the bs shit you said about me makes me think it could be you but I really feel like billi slipped. I want to see his and private's interactions before deciding.
I regularly take down my fellow mafiosos if I feel it helps with winning. Last game I played (in iceland) I and my fellow goon took down our godfather. It was a big help with winning the game.
I will be surprised if the same isn't done on this site.

Jake, can you take a selfie of when you see me flip town, and post it here?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:31 am

sure thing

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:40 am

the only thing that hangs me up about you billi is you seem to be trolling at times and I don't see that coming from newb scum

Then again you aren't really a newb are you?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 am

In post 399, dawn_to_dusk wrote:jake was the only person (other than zephyr who we know is townie) to not vote private. he instead stuck on the same person who everyone has accepted to be civvy, billi. after random posted that someone should hammer, jake did not hammer. maybe trying to prevent it? i dont know. but for now, my vote goes to:
so I am suspicious because i didn't sheep "everyone", I didn't hammer private when random told me to, and I somehow tried to prevent a hammer (which isn't true at all)

lol you can't be this bad

jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:42 am

Post by jklash12 »

In post 411, Randomnamechange wrote:Here is where on day2 Random goes to vote Private. Oddly he list no reasons of his own and just sheeps his ass on to dtd's reasons.

This was in my reads, given before dtd's vote. dtd had referred to my reads in his evidence to lynch Private. His reasoning was my reasoning. If you had been paying attention then you would know that DDD had explained this.
After my big post, I went back and found your reads and addressed your reads in the post right after my main case on you.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:50 am

My point was that one of your points was invalid - the one about dtd. DDD had already looked at this point.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 am

Also, jklash, do you have any points that point to me being scum apart from my interaction with Private?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

OK, gonna go through these points one by one.

-His defense of Private day1 with rather weak reasons and then takes it all back when questioned on it
I am a newbie, I'm still learning the ropes and it was explained my reasoning is invalid.
-sheeps the Private wagon day2. Never says, himself, why Private is scummy.
I did.
-His trying to buy Private time to talk at the end of day2
How is this scummy? He hadn't had a chance to defend himself. I wasn't the only one to have this view
-His weird change of mind between 352 and 355
Hang on just checking these posts.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:56 am

In post 353, jklash12 wrote:That's why I just posted intent. So that we could have more time to hear from private before I hammered.
This is what you did. 8 posts later, you hammer. Very similar to my 'odd change'.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 417, Jake from State Farm wrote:the only thing that hangs me up about you billi is you seem to be trolling at times and I don't see that coming from newb scum

Then again you aren't really a newb are you?
Not a newb as such, I believe.
Playing the mandatory newb games here before I look at the other forums.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”