Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by tn5421 »

tn5421, in , you say you don't like confusion with only three pages of content. But it's confusion about a specific issue; why does the amount of surrounding content matter?
It matters because there never was a misunderstanding. Talah is playing up the 'misunderstanding' for all its worth when he/she could simply re-read the 3 pages of content that we had at the time, which wouldn't take long.
tn5421, question: why would talah be so eager to 'scumpaint' you? Do you think scum are worried there won't be natural opportunities to get town lynched?
Talah started laying into me after I called him/her out on playing up the hydra situation.
Phrasing pings here. Worrying about justifying one's vote rather than using it on scum. What changed between what made you vote talah and here?
At this point I was willing to dismiss our fight as needless TvT fighting, because getting town lynched is only good if you're scum. I ended up putting my vote back where it was because Talah is the scummiest player on the playerlist.
tn, why in do you have no read on Saki-Koromo hydra?
I left it out by accident, addressed this in my updated list at .
WIP
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

1) How can you speak to another player's confusion?

2) That doesn't answer the question of how threatened scum should be at this point in the game/how eager they'd be to grasp at any (apparently feeble) excuse to vote for town.

3) So what made you think it was TvT and then that Talah was the scummiest of them all after all? I don't see any shift in your posts indicating you thought talah was town at any point.

4) I'm aware you left them out and had them on your next reads list; I find it hard to conceive that you forgot about one of the most active players who was heavily involved in your line of scum hunting.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 1.04
tn5421
(3) talah, Desperado, mlearn2
Katengecchi
(2) Paschendale, Finglove
Pim
(2) beastcharizard, Voidwalker1234
penguin_alien
(1) Katengecchi
beastcharizard
(1) penguin_alien
Desperado
(1) Pim
talah
(1) tn5421

Not Voting
(1) SeeEmpty

With 12 Alive, 7 vote are required to lynch
Deadline: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at 9:40 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2014-05-14 21:39:58)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 126, penguin_alien wrote:1) How can you speak to another player's confusion?

2) That doesn't answer the question of how threatened scum should be at this point in the game/how eager they'd be to grasp at any (apparently feeble) excuse to vote for town.

3) So what made you think it was TvT and then that Talah was the scummiest of them all after all? I don't see any shift in your posts indicating you thought talah was town at any point.

4) I'm aware you left them out and had them on your next reads list; I find it hard to conceive that you forgot about one of the most active players who was heavily involved in your line of scum hunting.
1: , Katen replies , then , and so on.
2: I don't have an answer for you. I jumped the gun. I fucked up.
3: The points brought up late page 3 from post 67-72. This is also the point where my previous read on Katen became a moot point.
4: Nothing had changed at that point in my read on Katen, and I honestly forgot to list it because I was focusing on people who my reads had changed on. I fixed this when I noticed that I had left it out, unlike others *cough*talah*cough*. I generally do a stream-of-conciousness to make my posts, so if I'm not thinking about it when I make my post its not going to be in my post.
5: I know this isn't a question, but I put my vote back on talah because I was asked to go in depth about what I had on him/her in (located at ) only to have my post blatantly ignored. I was also pretty mad when I posted 106 so be warned.
WIP
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 124, penguin_alien wrote:I like Desperado's confidence a bit, but after Mini 1524 I'm reserving judgment. I think I liked his confidence there and watched him roll town.
pssssst

i was town in 1524
;)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Oh, was shos the scum? I kind of mixed you two up in my very casual spectatorship post-death then.

Fine, be kind of townish here then. :eyes suspiciously:

Seriously, thoughts on SeeEmpty and Saki-Konomo hydra?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by Desperado »

Talah and I are synching on tn/katen and SeeEmpty seems town.
;)
Finglove
Finglove
Goon
Finglove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by Finglove »

V/la until Monday/Tuesday - it's a bank holiday weekend over here!
SeeEmpty
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
SeeEmpty
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Post by SeeEmpty »

The argument between tn, talah and katen is a pain to read and doesn't progress the game in anyway meaningful. Feels like they're arguing for the sake of arguing. Gut feeling is at least 2 of them are of the same team. Either town vs town or scum distancing scum.

@talah: you seem to missed my direct question to you on post #, which I'm going to state it again here:
I want to know if your vote on tn is still based on the "What undisclosed hydras?" tell or is there any other reason you think you'd want to lynch him today? From all I see in your posts it is all about that and only that.

@penguin_alien: It seems that all your reads are either town or null. No scum read?
In post 131, Desperado wrote:Talah and I are synching on tn/katen
@Desperado: Any reason for both of them? I saw you questioned tn a bit in # and seems unsatisfied to his answer, but you didn't bother to follow up, and you never express your scum read towards katen. I take that by "synching" you mean your reason of scum reading them is exactly the same with Talah?

Also,

VOTE: beastcharizard

For not interested in scum hunting and lurking.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Post by tn5421 »

What answer of mine was he not satisfied with? I probably missed it while in wall war mode.
WIP
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 133, SeeEmpty wrote:The argument between tn, talah and katen is a pain to read and doesn't progress the game in anyway meaningful. Feels like they're arguing for the sake of arguing. Gut feeling is at least 2 of them are of the same team. Either town vs town or scum distancing scum.
This statement isn't helpful either, you are saying "At least 2 of them are on the same team" is it even possible for less than 2 to be in a different team? (hint: it's not, because it would mean each person is a different team).
In post 133, SeeEmpty wrote:Also,

VOTE: beastcharizard

For not interested in scum hunting and lurking.
ftr I'm townreading beastcharizard, his last statement mentions the exact same thing I know (The IC is wrong about his reads), if you are voting bc for this what do you think about void who has openly stated that he's lurking?
What are your current reads?

-Saki
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Katengecchi »

EBWODP: "for less than 2 to be in the same team"
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:01 am

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 133, SeeEmpty wrote:For not interested in scum hunting and lurking.
Actually I just recently played a game of stack the deck but the game was never officially finished. I wanted to make sure I could use the game as reference material before I really started to dive into this game. I like to reference other games of the same type that I have played.

It turns out I am allowed to reference the game which is great. In that game the mafia did not recruit the goon. I don't know the final role of mafia though or what powers they took because the game mod never actually finished the game. If you are wondering what game it was it was Wifom City. It is still in the active games part of this subforum.

Also, why do you think I am lurking?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 7:43 am

Post by penguin_alien »

SeeEmpty, I don't have enough content on most of the player list to be comfortable with pushing a strong scum read, but I think at least one of tn/Katen is scum. Yeah, we have six pages not content, but a lot of it's crap, so.

I can elaborate on this now that NY 172 is over--this is a replay of the first day of that game where talah got run up for really weak arguments on account of how he reacted in part. Yes, talah was town there. So double no way in hell am I helping lynch him off what I've seen here.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 138, penguin_alien wrote:I can elaborate on this now that NY 172 is over--this is a replay of the first day of that game where talah got run up for really weak arguments on account of how he reacted in part. Yes, talah was town there. So double no way in hell am I helping lynch him off what I've seen here.
If this is true then that makes me even more suspicious of you.

The only 2 people we have pushed are talah for his reactions and you for your post that looked like buddying up to the IC.

The first push from your PoV should come as town if it's something you've seen talah get pushed for in another game and getting lynched as town, then that means that is something town tends to look as scummy as it's impossible for scum to lynch him on their own, so you can't be scumreading us for that pushas is something you've experienced town do. (In fact now that you've mentioned that, i'm going to be pretty suspicious of people that have no meta experience with talah but still found our push bad).

The push on you for your post that looked like buddying to the IC is because we know the IC is wrong, scum knows the IC is wrong, so scum is obviously going to help give the IC and town more reason to get their target lynched, but you never saw that as a possibility and you just dismissed it as a scum maneuver, so it's wrong to be scumreading us for that either.

So you really should explain where such scumread comes from as A) You're misrepping and I've shown it and B) You can't be scumreading us for something you've seen town do.

-Saki
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Paschendale »

How about you stop just attacking people who suspect you and do something pro-town, Saki? That'll do a lot more to make people not want to lynch you than all the complaining in the world.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

In post 140, Paschendale wrote:How about you stop just attacking people who suspect you and do something pro-town, Saki? That'll do a lot more to make people not want to lynch you than all the complaining in the world.
Maybe if you remove your tunnel vision glasses you will notice that 1) I'm also questioning people that aren't suspecting me and 2) I'm not antagonizing everyone that suspects me (like dear finglove there).

-Saki
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

Really it would be nice if people posted more often...

-Saki
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Pim has been prodded
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Katengecchi
Katengecchi
Townie
Katengecchi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Katengecchi »

*yawn*

-Saki
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by talah »

Minor prod-dodge. I'll be back in roughly 24 hours.

Hopefully the break is proving informative.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by tn5421 »

Aren't we still waiting to hear about the results of pim's gambit?
WIP
Voidwalker1234
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 12:51 am

Post by Voidwalker1234 »

Yes, What Pim has done still confuses me.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 7:54 am

Post by beastcharizard »

VOTE: tn

This is my biggest scum read. I don't like their play at all. I always thought OMGUS was something you did after someone voted for you. tn voted talah in RVS and later got a scum read on them. Talah's vote was completely legit and made sense. tn also degraded to insulting in one of their posts and it didn't come off as aggrevated town.

Talah is my biggest town read. I like what they post and how they post. Their logic makes a lot of sense to me.

@everyone vote Kat:

They are town. While their reads are very bad they come off as genuine. I also don't think scum would push wagons for god aweful reasons like they are doing. I understand scum have to push wagons but their wagon pushing have to actually make sense in order to get the mislynch.

@Person who asked for reads list:
Sorry I completely missed that question originally.

Town:
Pasch
Talah
Kat

Leaning town:
mlearn2
p_a

null:
everyone not mentioned above or below

leaning scum:
PiM
voidwalker

scum:
tn

The people in null are the people's names I couldn't remember so they obviously didn't leave an impression on me.

My other game is officially over. I asked what setup the scum team chose since it wasn't revealed but I have yet to get an answer. I know for a fact they didn't choose to recruit the traitor though.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 133, SeeEmpty wrote:@Desperado: Any reason for both of them? I saw you questioned tn a bit in #70 and seems unsatisfied to his answer, but you didn't bother to follow up, and you never express your scum read towards katen. I take that by "synching" you mean your reason of scum reading them is exactly the same with Talah?
Yeah that's basically what I mean. The early game narrative points to a tn/katen/{sns, Void, Pim} scum team Which is why it's weird/disappointing that you're ignoring the talah/tn/katen trialogue because you don't think it's important or alignment indicative.
;)

Return to “Completed Open Games”