Micro 324: Bridge Mafia (D3, 6/9 alive)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by Egg »

Ok my bad. Will remember that
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Bidding and making a game contract is superior to bidding and making a part-score contract due to the bonus points received. Game in no trump is 3 NT, game in the major suits (hearts and spades) is 4 H/4 S, and game in the minor suits is 5 C/5 D. Bidding and making slam contracts involves even more bonus points, with small slams being 6 of anything and grand slams being 7 of anything (yes, a grand slam means taking all the tricks; if you bid and make it you get to pretend you're an airplane and fly around the table. No, wait, that's just with my group of friends...)

Note that one has to bid the game or slam contract; getting there on overtricks doesn't net bonus points.

Vote Count 2.02:

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch!

RedCoyote (L-5):
Malakittens (L-1): Antihero, RedCoyote, Wolfy, insanity018
insanity018 (L-4): Egg
enomis (L-5):
Wolfy (L-4): Malakittens, Lucky2u
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-5):

Not voting: enomis

V/LA:

Deadline in (expired on 2014-05-20 11:50:23)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 2:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm not too content with Mala vs Wolfy... I'd rather have Mala vs Egg? Lucky/Mala, what do y'all think of that? Mala, you seemed to completely trash your Egg suspicions you had earlier in the game. Lucky, you've been tunnelling since you moved to Wolfy yesterday despite all of the stuff that has happened in the interim. Why?

I'll answer other posts more directly tomorrow.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 2:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

By "Mala vs Wolfy" I mean of course those two wagons competing for the lynch.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 3:52 am

Post by Egg »

Why not Insanity?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 6:24 am

Post by enomis »

@Wolfy:

Besides the lying part, why is she scum?
---------------------------------------
Hmmm,
@egg,

What do you think about lucky?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Egg »

I have him as town.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 330, enomis wrote:@Wolfy:

Besides the lying part, why is she scum?
What? Isn't "the lying part" enough for you? What motivation does town have for lying?
If you do need more then the whole way she's tried to squirm out of it is scummy as hell.
So it's not just the fake claim - it's how she's handling that fallout now.
Plus the starting of a wagon on me because it looked liked the easiest - not because she thinks I'm the scummiest.

Should I be concerned with the merits of her repeated statements that your slot is town?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 12:49 am

Post by Egg »

Town fake crumbing to draw a NK is really that hard to believe? Why haven't you even asked her to provide meta to show that she's done this before considering she says she has? I'm kinda thinking you don't actually believe this case and just jumped on because it was popular.

If I check back in a day or two and Insanity doesn't have votes, Ill get on Wolfy.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 6:05 am

Post by Antihero »

Egg wrote:Town fake crumbing to draw a NK is really that hard to believe? Why haven't you even asked her to provide meta to show that she's done this before considering she says she has?
because meta's trash and the whole goddamn thing is a stupid circle jerk of wifom

let's just say (for the sake of argument) that she does softclaim all the time as town. she's aware of this meta (she's already shown us this), so of course she would try to mimic her town meta as scum.
Wolfy wrote:Should I be concerned with the merits of her repeated statements that your [enomis] slot is town?
no, he's just the swing vote she needs to stay alive so she needs to placate him. her buddy's not going to vote her and she's just counting on loudmouth red coyote to be content to go back to his wolfy vote.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Egg »

I was asking Wolfy. I mean that answer is fine, but I'm trying to guage whether Wolfy genuinely believes Mala is scum or not and you answerimg for him makes bthat a lot harder.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Prod dodge. Be here by tonight.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Lucky 313 wrote:Sorry guys, preoccupied lately. Will make a good read through later but my skim and the current Mala wagon tells me I need to get back on my day 1 wagon.
The Wolfy wagon has only decreased in value over time, not increased. Wolfy's posts have been consistently better. I especially like how he's went from throwing token strawmen at his detractors to sensibly disagreeing with them while reading the thread for himself. I think the jklash wagon was a good example of that, even if it may not look like it at first glance. I believe Wolfy took the time to analyze that wagon independently. It's easy to dismiss him as jumping on due to opportunism. I don't think that's the case, and he's been able to successfully argue with me as to why it wasn't, I think.

This is a lazy vote, Lucky. You're becoming more and more useless over time. As far as I'm concerned, you're a better lynch than Wolfy at this point.

---
Egg 315 wrote:RedCoyote, I feel like I explained my thoughts on Antihero's unvote pretty clearly.
Explain again or point me to a post, please. If I asked you, it's because I haven't understood it well enough.

---
enomis 318 wrote:Don't get why people think anti-hero is so town. Could people explain to me again?
Antihero's explanation of his jklash hammer is really good stuff. You should try it sometime. We also have a common foe in Mala at the moment. I see scumMala very clearly here in her strange attempts at softclaiming/claiming/breadcrumbing and then denying that she did it. Something is not right about this slot.

---
Egg 322 wrote:Honestly I dont think she'd back off the softclaim as scum.
Well, I don't think she'd do it as town, so now we're back at square one, yeah?

The only thing you can trust a townie to do in this game is to be honest about their motivations. If a player is ever unclear about their motivations, you lynch it and you lynch it hard. Mala can't even make up her mind whether or not she's denying the softclaim.
Egg 329 wrote:Why not Insanity?
insanity is town for me now. The only point you have thrown against her today is that she undercut her L-1 vote. I thought that was a relatively weak argument. You've been relatively weak in giving your opinion about the Mala situation as well. This is really not something that I think you can be undecided on. It's pretty clear cut. Either what she did was town or what she did was scum. You're trying to half-assed call her town, I think, and I do not appreciate it.

As a matter of fact, I don't think either you or Lucky have flatly stood behind Mala yet today. You two are her de facto biggest supporters now, after all.

In any event, insanity has also given the most succinct explanation of the Mala wagon to date. I do not think they're scum together, and I definitely think Mala is scum.
Egg 333 wrote:Town fake crumbing to draw a NK is really that hard to believe?
According to Mala, she isn't "fake crumbing". She denies it was a crumb altogether.
Egg 333 wrote:If I check back in a day or two and Insanity doesn't have votes, Ill get on Wolfy.
Because maybe the case for scuminsanity will make itself?
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 333, Egg wrote:Town fake crumbing to draw a NK is really that hard to believe?
As already explained, it isn't just the fact (to my mind) of the fake claim, it's the fact that she is lying about making the fake claim...
In post 321, Malakittens wrote:No I didn't imply I was a PR. That's your opinion of my post.
@Egg
Help me here. Did she or did she not imply she had a PR? , tell us that she sometimes fakes crumbs to draw the NK , then tell us she didn't imply the PR
How do you interpret this?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Prod dodgeish. Should hopefully be able to find time to post in a few hours.

@Egg, so what do you make of the fact that she says she wasn't fake-crumbing either?
In post 297, Egg wrote:Actually, she said she
wasnt
fake-crumbing here. Apparently that post meant nothing.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 327, RedCoyote wrote:I'm not too content with Mala vs Wolfy... I'd rather have Mala vs Egg? Lucky/Mala, what do y'all think of that? Mala, you seemed to completely trash your Egg suspicions you had earlier in the game. Lucky, you've been tunnelling since you moved to Wolfy yesterday despite all of the stuff that has happened in the interim. Why?

I'll answer other posts more directly tomorrow.
Nah, it's still there, but I rather lynch Wolfy as his whole approach this day phrase is bad. He's not town. Egg I have had half a chance at being wrong and I don't like Antihero more than Egg due to his QH.

Wolfy is going to tunnel me over something I do a lot of time in games and I have admitted that my post was not anything more than a "Hey guys I don't wanna be lynched. GTFO" post. I been known to throw fake crumbs in posts in attempt draw the NK, however, this game was not one of them.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Scum-AntiHero is answering questions for scum-Wolfy because he knows that his new inexperienced partner is more likely to crack under pressure!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Egg »

Redcoyote, my bad. I thought i was pretty clear when I said Mala was town for not following up the fake crumbs with a fake claim. It's a pretty strong tell for me and I thought I made that obvious. Sorry for the confusion.

Actually with Mala's last two posts, scratch that. I mean, I'm leaving it there to show that's where I was coming from, but it doesnt really apply now.

Still, I prefer this.
unvote, vote wolfy
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 322, Egg wrote:Honestly I dont think she'd back off the softclaim as scum. She'd probably end up claiming a power role later on.
I agree with this. I'm not voting malakittens because the case today pretty much is that she fake crumbed, fake soft claimed, or whatever. I just don't see the scum strategy in not taking advantage of what people were already accepting. The theory is what? She is scum and faked a PR soft claim but then decided to say she didn't because...?
In post 337, RedCoyote wrote:
Lucky 313 wrote:Sorry guys, preoccupied lately. Will make a good read through later but my skim and the current Mala wagon tells me I need to get back on my day 1 wagon.
The Wolfy wagon has only decreased in value over time, not increased. Wolfy's posts have been consistently better. I especially like how he's went from throwing token strawmen at his detractors to sensibly disagreeing with them while reading the thread for himself. I think the jklash wagon was a good example of that, even if it may not look like it at first glance. I believe Wolfy took the time to analyze that wagon independently. It's easy to dismiss him as jumping on due to opportunism. I don't think that's the case, and he's been able to successfully argue with me as to why it wasn't, I think.

This is a lazy vote, Lucky. You're becoming more and more useless over time. As far as I'm concerned, you're a better lynch than Wolfy at this point.
How is that a lazy vote? A lazy vote would be seeing the wagon on mala and saying "Yes all those reasons are reasons, I vote Mala!" You know... like Wolfy did the very next post after you voted for mala. Though I give Wolfy more credit. From day start he had two posts before his vote, one was a correction, and the first he asks Mala some questions while making a point to say that he is confused. If the momentum didn't swing toward mala, he could have backed off easily and played the new card some more.
In post 306, Wolfy wrote:
In post 300, Malakittens wrote:
I didn't want to be lynched.
Nope, not this game~
I'm not really fakeclaiming per say. Just fake breadcrumbing and there's a difference between the two. One is detrimental to the town and the second if it's done right indeed helps the town.
I never said fake claiming.
I just do not see the difference between fake claiming and fake "breadcrumbing".
I had never heard the term breadcrumbing and all I saw from that post was a claim that you had a PR.
The key word for me anyway is the word fake.

VOTE: malakittens
I really hate his reasons in his vote post. Keyword is fake? This is the first game you've seen the concept of breadcrumbing and you can't fathom a town motive to do it?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 341, Malakittens wrote:Scum-AntiHero is answering questions for scum-Wolfy because he knows that his new inexperienced partner is more likely to crack under pressure!
you know, tough guy rhetoric alone probably won't work on this playerlist. you need a semblance of logic. which you don't have.
you're grasping at straws and it's really transparent.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 340, Malakittens wrote: Wolfy is going to tunnel me over
something I do a lot of time in games
What's that then? Lie as town or lie as scum?
tunneling, moi? I'm not the only one concerned at your play Mala.
My
only
concern now is making sure we identify your scum partner before day end.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by insanity018 »

@Lucky, I think he called your vote lazy because:

1) At the time, you did not explain what you disliked about the Mala wagon. Do you think she is town? What would be the town strategy for appearing to crumb and then denying it?
2) Apart from , I can't find why you think Wolfy is scum.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 1:12 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 345, Wolfy wrote:
In post 340, Malakittens wrote: Wolfy is going to tunnel me over
something I do a lot of time in games
What's that then? Lie as town or lie as scum?
tunneling, moi? I'm not the only one concerned at your play Mala.
My
only
concern now is making sure we identify your scum partner before day end.
Not a lie. I can't even. Probably just avoid me in games future on because you seem to hate how I play as town.
Yes, but you are the one jumping on for shitty reasons at least the other half of the wagon is doing something other than trying to push the Lying avenue.
It's okay you aren't going to find my partners since I'm an unkillable, unlynchable, godfather, ninja modified Serial killer.

Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 347, Malakittens wrote:Probably just avoid me in games future on because you seem to hate how I play as town.
Hmm - pot, kettle and black are three words that come to mind here.
Hate how you play as town? If I see it I won't hate it. I'm happy for anybody to play anyway they choose - but allow me the right to determine for myself whether or not I see that play as scummy.
If you flip town I'll say I was wrong and I'll have learnt something.

I'm not
pushing
the lying avenue - I am responding to questions from others about my initial statements on the "lying avenue".
If I was tunneling you I would be doing something other than just
responding
to people questioning me on the "lying avenue".
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2014 4:33 am

Post by penguin_alien »

As per standard auctions, each bid made must be for a more valuable contract than the previous one. If the number of tricks to be made in a contract doesn't increase, the trump suit must be higher, with order from least to most valuable being clubs, diamonds, hearts, spades, no trump.

Vote Count 2.03:

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch!

RedCoyote (L-5):
Malakittens (L-1): Antihero, RedCoyote, Wolfy, insanity018
insanity018 (L-5):
enomis (L-5):
Wolfy (L-2): Malakittens, Lucky2u, Egg
Lucky2u (L-5):
Antihero (L-5):
Egg (L-5):

Not voting: enomis

V/LA:

Deadline in (expired on 2014-05-20 11:50:23)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”