Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1048, Knell wrote:Given the context of when he asked you. Do you think Thor thought it likely you would actually just be say, "Okay! Vote BBT"
I suppose... I'm still unimpressed with it though.

Thor: Stop asking, 'cos I'm not discussing this with you any more. If you're town it's a complete waste of your time and mine, and if you're scum it's a complete waste of my time to try to prove it to you.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Aquanim »

As an aside, I do find it facinating how many people completely disappeared from the thread during all this.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Knell »

Tr1ckster is sick. The rest though. You find it interesting, I find it annoying. :igmeou:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1010, Thor665 wrote: didn't chase a vanity wagon that had already failed (At L-2...it's not like it even got to L-1) and I got town a lynch and a flip. Personally I think that was more productive of me - apparently you disagree. But the facts are the facts, and here's my defense of my actions "Yes, I did exactly what you're saying I did" I, personally, think what I did is pro-town. i personally think what you're saying I should have done would have been immensely anti-town.
In post 1011, Aquanim wrote:And no, you didn't get town a lynch and a flip. I got town a lynch and a flip, on someone I was happy to lynch, by pushing the Belisarius wagon. You didn't contribute to that wagon, you came in and hammered it at the end having put no work into it and not even being accountable for it, since it was Beli or a no-lynch at that point.
In post 1020, Thor665 wrote: :neutral:
Ah, right, so at the stage it was Belli or no lynch...what are you saying I should have done? And who do you think was going to make the Belli thing happen if not I? ANd which is preferable, Belli or no lynch?
In post 1038, Aquanim wrote:I'm not saying you shouldn't have hammered Belisarius. I'm saying I don't give you any town credit (nor a scumread) for it since I think you'd have done that whatever your alignment
In post 1027, Thor665 wrote:So what is the purpose of this conversation? Because I'm only doing it because I think you're town and want you to understand that I am - but apparently I'm spinning my wheels because you have no purpose. Yes/no?
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:The purpose of this conversation was a DIFFERENT read, which in the end Thor didn't contest (namely that he did nothing besides hammer Belisarius), but he dragged the discussion off into "whether or not he should have hammered Belisarius" and then blames ME for bringing up irrelevancies. Piss off.
How is this a logical progression of a conversation at all? Thor overstates his role in the Beli lynch, Aqua points this out and then Thor makes it a conversation about what he should have done?

@Thor, What was the purpose of this?
In post 1037, Thor665 wrote:Aqua - vote BBT now?
Irrespective of him being at L-1 or you knoeing this or not knowing this? What were you trying to do with this?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1027, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1026, Aquanim wrote:Or that you're scum and you're not reading the thread or remembering what your professed attitude at certain points in the thread was. So that proves nothing.
:neutral:
And why did this warrant that emoticon?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Ok, so here's where I'm at at the moment. I'm town, Knell is very likely town, Not_Mafia is probable town and Tr1ckster is town-leaning (I'm going to give some more thought to that one, since some things have come up today which have me questioning that read). That leaves me with Thor, BBT and Elk. A Thor-BBT scumteam is unlikely for obvious reasons, which leaves only scumteams containing Elk; of those, Elk/BBT is less likely though a bus from BBT today isn't completely out of the question.

BBT/Tr1ckster's a possibility I've yet to rule out. BBT/Not_Mafia would be odd considering the magnitude of their townreads on each other, I think scum tend to prefer to leave themselves some wiggle room, but it's not inconceivable.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1052, Knell wrote:Tr1ckster is sick. The rest though. You find it interesting, I find it annoying. :igmeou:
I'm inclined to think that scum would be more inclined to step back under the circumstances. If our argument was town-on-town scum would be quite happy to watch us have a go at each other. If Thor's scum, then his scumbuddy coming in and defending him would stick out like a sore thumb, and coming in and pushing Thor would probably get them in trouble too (on the simple principle that scum don't like to interact with their scumbuddies).
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Aquanim »

That being said, it's a possibility that BBT-scum came in and egged on the argument I was having with Thor-town. I don't see anything in particular to indicate it, but it's a possibility.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Tr1ckster »

I don't think Thor's scum.

I hate meta-ing off of one game, but last game I saw him tunnel hard as town. I don't know. Thor just seems like he's town motivated and he's being ... well ... Thor.

You guys posted a whole lot while I was gone, though. Speaking of which... How do I go into V/LA? Err.. I guess I'll just tell the mod.

@Mod Sorry I haven't posted much as yet. I'm very sick and have limited access to computers and such. I'll be V/LA until Monday at the soonest. I can probably check in every once in a while, but that depends on how long I'm awake for.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1058, Tr1ckster wrote:I don't think Thor's scum.

I hate meta-ing off of one game, but last game I saw him tunnel hard as town. I don't know. Thor just seems like he's town motivated and he's being ... well ... Thor.

You guys posted a whole lot while I was gone, though. Speaking of which... How do I go into V/LA? Err.. I guess I'll just tell the mod.

@Mod Sorry I haven't posted much as yet. I'm very sick and have limited access to computers and such. I'll be V/LA until Monday at the soonest. I can probably check in every once in a while, but that depends on how long I'm awake for.
You could take a look at a Thor scumgame and let me know what you think; in particular a newbie game. Try 1406 maybe. My impression is that he tunnels regardless of alignment.

I've got doubts about Thor-scum too, but my problem is that when I think about the alternatives my next most likely involves you being scum - and I've got even more doubts about that.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Knell »

Elk.

Why aren't you posting?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1051, Aquanim wrote:As an aside, I do find it facinating how many people completely disappeared from the thread during all this.
In post 182, Aquanim wrote:
If somebody states a scum-read on somebody who I have a town-read on, yes I will stand back and let them discuss it first. If I feel I have something important to say, I might well contribute it, but I would first let them discuss it amongst themselves so as to get a better read on both of them. If there is a serious danger of my town-read getting lynched, I would then go to bat for them - but there would not be any need before that point.
I'm not sure why you find that fascinating.
In post 1057, Aquanim wrote:That being said, it's a possibility that BBT-scum came in and egged on the argument I was having with Thor-town. I don't see anything in particular to indicate it, but it's a possibility.
Given that I was having a discussion with Thor before yourself, it seems unlikely that I would need to come in and egg on your discussion as either alignment. Although, given your BBT-scum scenario, would a town-BBT not come in and try to egg on some pressure on someone he is scum-reading?

Either way, egging on isn't really in my repertoire.
In post 1036, Knell wrote:VOTE: BBT

Reset. *pushes button*
Umm, why are you voting for me? In addition, why did you not state I was at L-1 when you voted for me?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1061, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1051, Aquanim wrote:As an aside, I do find it facinating how many people completely disappeared from the thread during all this.
In post 182, Aquanim wrote:
If somebody states a scum-read on somebody who I have a town-read on, yes I will stand back and let them discuss it first. If I feel I have something important to say, I might well contribute it, but I would first let them discuss it amongst themselves so as to get a better read on both of them. If there is a serious danger of my town-read getting lynched, I would then go to bat for them - but there would not be any need before that point.
I'm not sure why you find that fascinating.
Well, people could have been pushing their points of view on other topics.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by Aquanim »

The real trouble I'm having now with reading BBT is that I'm beginning to agree with him that Thor is a liability to town wincon. I'm just not sure whether that means anything about Thor's alignment, and whether it's so clear that a scum-BBT would be able to argue it as he has.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 12:39 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1062, Aquanim wrote: Well, people could have been pushing their points of view on other topics.
I agree, they could. However, if you look at D1 when Thor was pressing me, not much was happening elsewhere then either; other than the occasional Madonna essay regarding Trick. Even Madonna ended up posting about what was going on between Thor and myself for the majority of her posts.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 12:55 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1064, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1062, Aquanim wrote: Well, people could have been pushing their points of view on other topics.
I agree, they could. However, if you look at D1 when Thor was pressing me, not much was happening elsewhere then either; other than the occasional Madonna essay regarding Trick. Even Madonna ended up posting about what was going on between Thor and myself for the majority of her posts.
The difference I see is that this period is toward the end of a day rather than the start; we're, what, 50 hours from the end of the day and there's not as much consensus as one would like. Someone failing to be concerned about the state of the thread at this point is more concerning to me.

Of the player list, Elk stands out to me as the one who's completely disappeared. Which reminds me:

VOTE: theelkspeaks
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 1:11 am

Post by Aquanim »

@Tr1ckster
: If BlueBloodedToffee is scum, who do you think is his partner and why?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:48 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 1018, Aquanim wrote:
@Elk
: Yesterday you said that Knell would be your greatest scumread if Madonna flipped town. What is your read on him now and why?
Knell is one of my stronger scumreads (probably #3 at the moment behind Trick and NM). Both his and Hemp's day 1 play made me fairly suspicious, most of which I've already explained in my notes copypaste post. The argument based on the Madonna flip being town was more that Madonna flipping scum would have led to associative cases, whereas Madonna flipping town means that I'm talking without associations to Madonna. Knell had one of the stronger cases without associations, hence that comment.

That said, after my more recent rereads and after his Day 2 play, I'd say that Knell has been playing more pro-town than I had previously given him credit for. I would also say that the way he tried to defuse/reset the argument between you and Thor was pro-town, but possibly "cheap towncred".

@Thor
: I know you found the argument with Aqua frustrating and unproductive; the real question is, was Aqua persisting in the argument out of a scummy desire to hold back town, or was this argument made with town-intentions?
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 9:49 am

Post by Knell »

In post 1061, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Umm, why are you voting for me? In addition, why did you not state I was at L-1 when you voted for me?
1. Partial PoE and if you flip town that gives me a wonderful idea of who is scum.
2. I don't really care if someone hammers you unless you have something more to say. Which I don't think you do, given your activity this day phase.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Knell »

In post 1060, Knell wrote:Elk.

Why aren't you posting?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 10:15 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 1069, Knell wrote:
In post 1060, Knell wrote:Elk.

Why aren't you posting?
I'm not sure why you're quoting this post literally two posts after I'm posting, unless that was a question you wanted me to answer rather than a rhetorical question. In any case, I'll answer as best as I can.

I've had a little less than previous internet the last couple days, but I was also holding off on posting when I did get on to read because I was trying to figure out whether the argument in question was town vs. town, town vs. scum, or scum vs. scum, and didn't have much useful to contribute, as I was waiting to see where it was going more. That said, I think ending the argument was probably the best choice for town, and I'm glad you did step in to "reset" it.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Knell »

I can see you in the lobby.

A lot.
Knell
Knell
Goon
Knell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Knell »

You're consistently logging in and out since you've joined. Sometimes you'll be here for an hour, other times a few minutes. Before coming back again another 2/4 minutes. I just don't get it. :neutral:

If you look at the flow of the game you should see that this is a game that is dependent on BBT, Your, and N_M's alignment. If you're all town we've probably lost. But all 3 of you are making it harder to find out which of you are town and which of you are not. N_M has no grip on this game and is posting in a way that is very difficult to grasp, essentially purposeless and aimless. BBT, seems content to sit on you.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 10:24 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

I leave all my game threads (here and other sites) open in tabs even when afk, and I read MD a bit too. I average 3-4 Mafiascum tabs open 24/7 because of MD threads I leave open to read later. One of my internet habits is leaving ~100 tabs open at a time. If I just have 2-3 minutes before I have to do something, I might refresh the game thread to see if there's any new posts.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Also, is there a reason you didn't include Thor's alignment in the list of those this game hangs on right now? I know he's not currently up for lynch consideration, but I think quite a few people have middling reads on him, and he's pretty hard to read.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”