Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:25 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

In post 724, petroleumjelly wrote:
1.)
LoudmouthLee, you've twice made a reference to the Daytalk speculation ( and ), both times essentially saying you find such speculation suspicious. But you have not clarified who you are suspicious of -- reading your posts it almost seems like you are suspicious of
me
for following up with MafiaSSK. Could you clarify?

Are you still suspicious of the MafiaSSK slot (now mathcam)? You seem to be avoiding saying as much.

2.)
I am not surprised that a MafiaSSK/LoudmouthLee pairing had occurred to me earlier, as now I am also seeing a mathcam/LoudmouthLee pairing.

LoudmouthLee jumped on others saying that MafiaSSK's replace out "looked Town" as a but the more I look at it the more of an excuse it is looking like to not vote for mathcam.

3.)
I am not a fan of Bookitty's "martyr" post; if she believed it she would have voted for herself (which would also be annoying). "Martyr" posts, if done by Town or Scum, almost necessarily must come from players who are going to claim Vanilla Townie, so I do not consider that a point in her favor. Just because some players (e.g., Glork) would apparently try to draw out power roles does not mean every other player would do the same.

4.)
Not particularly interested in the Cogito Ergo Sum wagon; it largely looks like a bad "Cogito Ergo Sum v Bookitty" dichotomy.

That said, Glork, what were the you mentioned about him earlier.

~

I am still willing to vote Bookitty.

Unvote: Bookitty

Vote: LoudmouthLee

This day needs to get a move-on. Deadline is Wednesday and there are not reduced-majority rules for lynching. We
must
get twelve votes to achieve a lynch. Rather than failing to get something together or lynching last-minute, let's get it done. Players with votes that are unlikely to lead to a lynch need to compromise and move elsewhere or else actually argue and pursue their top choice instead of idly sitting on their votes.
I'm still suspicious of the daytalk. I just don't know why ANYONE would assume it's in the game. Rule #1 of Mafia, Lynch all Liars. Rule #2, when someone has too much information, there's generally a good reason.

I need to go back and see who brought up the idea of the Mafia Encryptor first.

With that being said, good job having your prints on two different major wagons at the same time, PJ. That's what caused me to get "heat" to begin with, being both concerned about MafiaSSK and Tigris.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:39 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

^
LoudmouthLee,

1.)
MafiaSSK made a post where he assumed the to support his Cogito Ergo Sum / CrashTextDummie case. I then . (and ) alleged (or implied) that of course the Mafia does not have Daytalk, , explaining that Mafia Daytalk has become increasingly common and there is in fact an explicitly Normal role -- Mafia Encryptor -- that enables (and upon death, disables) Mafia Daytalk. In doing so, I also pointed out that MafiaSSK has both played and moderated games with Mafia Daytalk very recently (all in 2014), and so his assumption of no Mafia Daytalk does not conform very well to his recent experience.

That is the bite-sized history of the Mafia Daytalk discussion. Like I suspected, you are acting like the person who brought up the possibility of a Mafia Encryptor (me) is more suspicious than the person who assumed no Mafia Daytalk (MafiaSSK).

2.)
How is my opinion on two different major wagons at the same time at all relevant? That is a pretty sorry job at both myself and the players who suspected you for your early Tigris/MafiaSSK vote/FoS.

3.)
You did not answer my question:
In post 724, petroleumjelly wrote:Are you still suspicious of the MafiaSSK slot (now mathcam)? You seem to be avoiding saying as much.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:11 am

Post by chamber »

In post 726, petroleumjelly wrote:I also pointed out that MafiaSSK has both played and moderated games with Mafia Daytalk very recently
Was he scum in said games? As town you don't always notice things like that post game.
Taking a break from the site.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Zorblag »

Patrick, please do replace me at this point

I apologize to everyone, but for both the long term health of the game and my personal enjoyment of fleeting free time this is the correct move.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 712, Glork wrote:Wrong.

I have considered what you have to say.

I disagree with it entirely.

Because I disagree with you you're accusing me of not considering it.

Do I need to treat you like you're six years old? Just because I haven't given a lengthy treatise about my entire train of thought doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.
I'm not accusing you of not considering it because you're espousing a different point of view, I'm accusing you of that because your response to other people pushing other perspectives, like me or Sotty, is not to provide arguments against it but merely restate your point of view and just pretend that that automatically invalidates our perspectives. See you telling me "And beyond the WIFOM of "giving up" to be lynched, there's not really a reason to conclude that this is scum behavior." when I have given reasons you have in no way addressed, see you just telling Sotty7 "Are you drunk? Do you even read?". I don't care for your train of thought, I do care that since you decided the "martyr" post was a town tell, you've been dismissing other perspectives rather than engaging people and arguing your case.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 713, Bookitty wrote:I think CES is town. (Yeah, I know he's voting me, which makes him wrong, but it doesn't make him scum.) I played with him when he was scum in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and he played completely different to this; he was accommodating and moved from lynch to lynch without making himself a target like he's doing here. I realise this was a number of years ago, but I don't think he would death tunnel on me like this if he were scum. People with more recent meta can weigh in, but I am not seeing it myself.
Fun fact: that was Cogito Ergo Scum (note the c in Scum and how it's not in my username).
In post 714, Glork wrote:I've stated repeatedly that I've considered the dissenting opinion, but CES claims I haven't considered it.
Stating something is different from doing it. Saying "Buuuuuuut she's not." also doesn't count as an argument, just fyi.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

Well, crap.

Never mind then. I have no meta read on CES at all.

Glork is right, though. Sotty7 isn't reading the game. Otherwise she wouldn't be asking questions that I'd already answered about two pages previous.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I think at this point, I would be happy to place my vote on Bookitty, PJ, or LML.

There's a couple other people I could see myself voting, but I'm more suspicious of the three I've mentioned and don't think people would go for anyone else anyway.

If we are not doing Bookitty, then
Vote: LML
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Yeah, no, changed my mind again, CES is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:46 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Let's do this:

VOTE: Untrod Tripod

Iso him and find your own reasons!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:08 am

In post 734, DrippingGoofball wrote:Let's do this:

VOTE: Untrod Tripod

Iso him and find your own reasons!
No.

At this point I'd rather vote for you than him, tbh.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Patrick »

inHimshallibe replaces Zorblag.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

LoudmouthLee (5) -- Green Crayons, Yosarian2, VitaminR, petroleumjelly, Save the Dragons
Kublai Khan (1) -- MrBuddyLee
mathcam (1) -- CrashTextDummie
Bookitty (7) -- Sotty7, Shanba, Cogito Ergo Sum, chamber, Untrod Tripod, mathcam, undo
petroleumjelly (2) -- LoudmouthLee, Bookitty
Porochaz (1) -- inHimshallibe
Untrod Tripod (1) -- DrippingGoofball
Cogito Ergo Sum (2) -- Albert B. Rampage, Glork

Not voting: Kublai Khan, Porochaz
22 alive, 12 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I can do LML, but why are we not doing Bookitty, STD?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 am

In post 621, Save The Dragons wrote:This town has had trouble getting it up.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

the hell we do
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:48 am

Post by undo »

Just stopping by to express my disappointment with Bookitty's wagon losing steam.

@Porochaz: thanks man.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Porochaz »

Right Im shattered (posting last night at 1/2am) so apologies for this truncated thing.

The last section.

Page 26.

Bookys suspicions seem to be all the people who have some suspicions against them.

I also want to here Sottys case on Booky, because I've floated back over to the Sotty is scummy side. There hasn't been much pro-activeness on your end. I don't feel and with the accusations that you aren't reading the game, I want proof that you are.

Page 27.
The Green Crayons case in 653 was fun. Im not sure where rolefishing came from there.

I also don't understand why at no point during the Encryptor conversation, you didn't spend some time doing your research? The normal game has evolved over time, Im not sure why you thought it was going to be run a certain way...

657, MafiaSSK was lurking, how do you make a case against someone who isn't there? Your wasting your breath by doing so. Apart from anything else, there has been a lot of other things going on.

Furthermore your statement on LML doesn't make sense.
In post 657, mathcam wrote:
Rereading LML, I can't say that I've found anything unusually scummy from him.
I will say that his posting style has always left me feeling a little uncomfortable, but I'm pretty sure that this has happened as both town and scum. I will note that out of my entire read, there was no instances in which I marked him down with a particularly pro-town vote.
He'd probably be in my top-5-scummiest.
These aren't consistent.

661, feels like desperation from LML, passing the buck to CTD.

Page 28

In regards to ABR, I haven't played with him in years, Im going based on a memory. He does feel to be holding back a bit at the moment though.

Page 29, Glorks CES vote is a bit useless, especially since CES hasn't played outwith the meta I have of him. Im struggling with you Glork, because I don't think I've agreed with much of what you have said this game.

Page 30, my only note is about DGB. There is a difference between making short, concise posts and coasting along.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Porochaz »

So I think if people have been reading my PBPA my scum suspects are pretty obvious. SSK and mathcam seem to be getting a free pass for lurking at the right time. I am not okay with that. Im also not okay with some of mathcams thoughts later on. Undo has been particularly bad but I look forward into getting myself stuck into that one tomorrow. At this point, because he just beat undo in the scumminess title race, and its supremely obvious that we have stalled over the last 10 pages. Certainly it has felt more strained the last 10 pages. Things about LML's play dont really add up. The excel spreadsheet, the VI wagons, the Encryptor...

vote LML
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 am

Post by mathcam »

I disagree that these are inconsistent. An oversimplification: as I read through, I assign little +1's and -1's to people if their post strikes me as pro-town or scummy (with most posts getting a neutral 0). Most people accrue some of both. In this game, moreso than usual, I have lots of people with more town points than scum points. But in all of LML's posts thus far, I haven't marked a single one as pro-town. This lack of pro-town posts, even in the absence of anything overarchingly scummy, makes him an acceptable lynch for me today.

Welcome, inhim! Long time no see!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:56 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Post 494: I've finally found a way to put into words what's been bothering me about Green Crayons. He seems to have a strong penchant for getting into pedantic and verbose arguments over minutiae, and I'm getting the feeling that he's arguing for argument's sake. Not a front runner suspect (for one thing, I liked that he called out Zorblag), but his play strikes me as off. The fact that chamber calls him out on this makes me feel better about chamber.
In post 503, Yosarian2 wrote:Compare and contrast his UT vote with his PJ case. I think LML is actually trying to lynch PJ. Note that PJ actually has a bandwagon against him, and is also probably a more significant threat to LML at the moment. I don't think LML was actually trying to lynch UT; I don't think he really cared one way or the other, he just wanted to look like he was doing something. The style of attack is quite different.
This is the most convincing argument against LML I have seen so far.
In post 504, MafiaSSK wrote:Hi. I'm here. Interest me.
Engaged when he's under the spotlight, "not interested" when he's not. Still a strong scum read.
In post 507, Sotty7 wrote:Zorblag keeping pressure on Porochaz after he started to post and give opinions on the game seems pretty harsh. The reason he got Zor's vote was his lack of content now he provides such content you're going to call his motivation into question? Damned if you do damned if you don't. If you don't like the content at least pull something out of it to argue, the whole you dismissing it was pretty funky and I even hate pbpa's.
Yes. Substitute "harsh" with "scummy" and you have *goodposting*
In post 518, petroleumjelly wrote:1.) MafiaSSK, why do you believe the scum in this game do not have daytalk?
PJ is clearly paying attention. His play so far looks fine to me.
In post 519, Sotty7 wrote:Isn't this pretty much the exact reason that PJ is voting LML? The VCA's are at least an important pillar of his case of right now combined with the lack of context supplied with the VCA. Your entrance into the game seems to try to defend LML's VCA by saying scum wouldn't work to provide such content and as such PJ's vote is overly opportunistic because of it. In this quote though you basically agree with PJ but then defer to Glork's "superior" scum hunting abilities by saying this wagon on LML is too easy. I just don't see how you can vote PJ if this is your true opinion on LML with your initial read though.

If you truly believe that someone on LML is opportunistic scum why am I seeing no content on Green Crayons or Yos? It's just a laser beam focus on PJ despite having read the game several times according to you. Doesn't add up.
I haven't been paying a lot of attention to BooKitty and I didn't find her predecessor's play as problematic as some others, but I could see myself sheeping Sotty here.
In post 529, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't like this shift from petroleumjelly.
I am not surprised.
In post 531, Patrick wrote:LoudmouthLee (3) -- Green Crayons, Yosarian2, petroleumjelly
Kublai Khan (1) -- MrBuddyLee
MafiaSSK (2) -- CrashTextDummie, undo
Bookitty (6) -- Sotty7, Shanba, Cogito Ergo Sum, chamber, Untrod Tripod, Save the Dragons
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) -- MafiaSSK
petroleumjelly (4) -- Albert B. Rampage, VitaminR, LoudmouthLee, Bookitty
Porochaz (2) -- DrippingGoofball, Zorblag
Yosarian2 (1) -- Glork
That BooKitty wagon is pretty damn glorious.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by VitaminR »

In post 720, Albert B. Rampage wrote:There's NO WAY that CES is looking town right now. Vote him.
I'm like 99% sure CES is town. His MO as scum is to be jokey and stay in the background, so you can't really pin him down on a real opinion. He wouldn't go out on a limb to try to make a case against BooKitty. And there's certainly no way that he would wade into a lengthy(-ish) and serious argument with Glork.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Also, DGB and mathcam are probably town.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:23 pm

In post 552, DrippingGoofball wrote:MafiaSSK is a town replace-out.
No, it's not. Perhaps DBG's town proclaimments wouldn't bother me as much if four fifths of them weren't this baffling.
In post 577, Sotty7 wrote:CTD - What do you think of Yos post 568?
I think that midway through the post, he finally realized Tigris' name isn't Tigras! first On a more serious note, I think it's a solid piece of scum hunting on Yos' part and I'm beginning to lean town on him. Don't see it as a damning argument against LML though, I still haven't fully wrapped my head around his play.
In post 579, Yosarian2 wrote:Seriously, I wouldn't care if he random vote Tigris, and I wouldn't care if he voted Tigris because he thought Tigris was scummy. I also wouldn't care if he changed his mind. The way he's trying to have it both ways, though, feels scummy; it feels like he knew his Tigris vote was bad and was trying to distance himself from it, or else like he's trying to do a lot of tapdancing to make it look like his scumhunting was more honest then it actually was.
Oh I see what you're getting at now, Sotty. It's a remarkably similar argument to the one I made against MafiaSSK. I disagree with Yos' conclusions here mainly because I think the quote from LML's #302 is a sufficiently reasonable explanation for what was going on. I'd be interested in hearing Yos' thoughts on MafiaSSK in light of this post though.
In post 588, Untrod Tripod wrote:You know DGB like to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, right?
She's actually mostly been throwing flowers at the wall, which generally don't stick at all.
In post 595, Shanba wrote:I'm going to be charitable and assume there's something here I misunderstood. Caught for the wrong reasons?
I'm thankful someone else picked up on this.
In post 601, LoudmouthLee wrote:I never got a very strong read, but felt null to scum based on posts. The replace-out (agreement with DGB) seems like a pro-town replace out than a scum replace out. There really wasn't any more pressure on MafiaSSK.
Is pressure the only reason scum would replace out?

Post 602 is solid scum hunting by undo. He can be town.

BooKitty's #604, in which she declares herself a good lynch, strikes me as calculated and survivalistic. More specifically, it makes her preceding posts look survivalistic. It feels like when her rambling game summary didn't dissuade people from voting her, she changed tactics (literally announcing that she wasn't going to continue her analysis) and tried a different approach to get people to sympathize with her. It definitely doesn't seem like catching scum is high on her agenda.
In post 648, chamber wrote:Not remembering the reason you suspect someone. In my experience you are significantly more likely to forget reasons you had to make up than reasons you actually felt and reached yourself.
I agree.
In post 653, LoudmouthLee wrote:This type of speculation seems VERY odd to me. I need to admit, I have NEVER heard of this role before, and would have NEVER assumed it to be part of the game. Considering this to be a game of Oldy Mafia, I find it somewhat telling that people would assume a role that was not prevalent "in the good old days" would be here. WIFOMing the setup and the mod seems so odd in this case, and moreso, because this seems like a special role.

@Rest of you -> Have you heard of this encryptor before?
I assume that Patrick has kept the setup reasonably old school and that no roles are in it that old farts are not familiar with. That doesn't change the fact that PJ's theory has merit.
In post 661, LoudmouthLee wrote:Hey. Not my meta, but I find it especially odd that no one at all has called out CTD for being active all over the site, but largely ignoring this game. Some of y'all hated my VCA for calling out the vote switchers, saying that I'm ignoring the people under the radar.

Nope. Some of YOU are the ones talking out of both sides of the mouth.

FoS: CtD, and anyone else on a lurker hunt who didn't call him out.
"All over the site" is hyperbolic, but a fair observation otherwise.
In post 667, Glork wrote:No, CES, she soft-claimed VT when she said lynch me. If she were scum she NEVER would have made the lynch-me post. I'm like 90% sure of it.
I disagree and I'm not sure why you're so sure of that wrong assumption.
In post 689, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 681, Albert B. Rampage wrote:do not lynch bookitty
This is still correct.
There's a persistent chorus of "do not lynch Bookitty" that contains Glork, Yos, ABR, GreenCrayons, DGB and maybe others. There are at least 2 scum in that list regardless of BooKitty's flip. I understand why Glork is singing the tune even if I disagree, but I don't remember seeing compelling reasoning from the rest.
In post 747, VitaminR wrote:Also, DGB and mathcam are probably town.
Elaborate.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Started skimming towards the end there, but I'm mostly caught up.

unvote, vote: BooKitty

ABR should be vigged.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”