DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:51 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1174, Kublai Khan wrote:Yes, plenty. You could always boot up the scumputer instead of scrambling to be on the forefront of whatever new trend is sweeping the game.
It's Day Effin 2, there is no use to the scumputer.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1166, petroleumjelly wrote:First, the "breathe in, breathe out" commentary towards Glork's alleged "tilt" does not seem sincere or necessary. I don't like it.
It's a song by Jimmy Buffet.
In post 1047, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1046, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I start out the day by voting mathcam, then he votes for me with flimsy half-baked characterizations, and then accuses me of OMGUS. He's caught. Lynch him.
Replace mathcam with DrippingGoofball and you with me and I'm wondering why you aren't voting DrippingGoofball instead of distracting from it.
It appears that you were right.

Unvote mathcam, vote DGB

She's too quick to abandon the previous bandwagon to add herself to mine. She's scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:00 am

Post by chamber »

how has undos post not gotten more criticism?
Taking a break from the site.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:06 am

Post by mathcam »

MBL wrote:@Mathcam, you've said you screwed up the timing near-deadline and didn't post to help us get a lynch. I can't tell from your post--if CTD hadn't voted, would your visit to the site Wednesday have been in time to place the lynching vote? Why did you avoid posting in the 48 hours leading up to deadline?
No, I wouldn't have been in time to place the lynching vote, but certainly would have. DGB preferring a no-lynch to lynching LML was completely nuts, regardless of her alignment. I didn't avoid posting -- I just happened upon an inopportune time to get otherwise busy.

I haven't quite grokked the recent discussion on Glork, but I'll go back and reread.

PJ's last post on ABR was pretty solid. Any more comments on my speculation against him? I know a couple of people seemed to suggest that unless it was a 100% all-out attack on LML, it would not have been ABR bussing. I'm pretty reluctant to try to dissect ABR's meta, but would be curious to further opinions.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1177, chamber wrote:how has undos post not gotten more criticism?
Same reasons you didn't criticize it?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:16 am

Post by mathcam »

mathcam wrote:No, I wouldn't have been in time to place the lynching vote, but certainly would have.
In case this reads unclear, I mean that I wouldn't have been in time to place the lynching vote, but I certainly would have placed the lynching vote had I been there on time.
Yos wrote:No, I don't really do that anymore. These days I pretty much just respond to stuff directly in thread, comment on town-tells and scum-tells I see as soon as I notice them, ect.
Okay. Man, I'm out of touch. Last I remember, it was just a given that everyone would be maintaining their own logs of important events.
GC wrote:How is "taking a ridiculous stab at identifying a cop" different from "outing said cop"?
I meant identifying a cop as in a note-to-self to give their opinions extra weight -- how she got this read on ABR I haven't the foggiest (but yet again is an example of how letting ABR get away with his meta benefits him to the occasional expense of others). On the other hand,
outing
the cop is publicly posting this suspicion. I find both of the steps of DGB's process in this instance to be pretty indefensible.

I really can't decide between ABR and DGB -- I find aspects of both of their play mysterious, and yet both present this nagging doubt that they wouldn't have played this way had they been scum. Too bad we can't lynch both.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:20 am

Post by chamber »

In post 1179, Kublai Khan wrote:
But my post was criticizing it?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:20 am

In post 870, Patrick wrote: Bookitty (6) -- Sotty7, Shanba, Cogito Ergo Sum, chamber, mathcam, undo
In post 759, LoudmouthLee wrote: Here's who I am leaning scum on: UT, Mathcam, STD, Sotty
There's scum here.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:21 am

I'm pretty sure mathcam or Sotty is scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 am

In post 1176, Albert B. Rampage wrote:She's too quick to abandon the previous bandwagon to add herself to mine. She's scum.
Pffffft

I thought you were a cop hinting at a guilty on mathcam, duh.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 am

In post 1183, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm pretty sure mathcam or Sotty is scum.
Sotty
is
scum. She's in everybody's blind spot.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:52 am

You've made an enemy out of a friend DGB, and now I won't unvote you.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1181, chamber wrote:
Was it? You're just sorta announcing that it deserves it. Not actually bringing any criticism forward. It's like you're criticizing everyone except for undo.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:03 am

Post by chamber »

In post 1187, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1181, chamber wrote:
Was it? You're just sorta announcing that it deserves it. Not actually bringing any criticism forward. It's like you're criticizing everyone except for undo.
I was criticizing everyone that posted in that interim as well as undo, yes, I'm efficient like that.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I'm working on a post right now on a lot of things, but since this whole undo thing is going on right now, I figure I'll post what I have about that.
I agree with you...I am continually unimpressed with undo's contributions, they seem to be a lot of fluff and not a lot of action. I sounds like a post just to post, and he even kind of discredits his information.
In post 1165, undo wrote:I am aware this system is not precise and objective – it was not intended to be so. It’s just a way of helping me (and hopefully some of you) look into the right players.

I have yet to analyse this results and interpret them in depth -- I will do it as soon as possible, but for now I’m not making any comment because I don't want to be rash. This may not bring anything new to your table but I personally felt I needed to do this to be sure about my next steps.
I think I'll reserve further judgment until undo gives the analysis, though.

Also, Congratulations, Yos, you won with 28 points!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1188, chamber wrote:I was criticizing everyone that posted in that interim as well as undo, yes, I'm efficient like that.
Okay.
In post 1189, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1165, undo wrote:I am aware this system is not precise and objective – it was not intended to be so. It’s just a way of helping me (and hopefully some of you) look into the right players.

I have yet to analyse this results and interpret them in depth -- I will do it as soon as possible, but for now I’m not making any comment because I don't want to be rash. This may not bring anything new to your table but I personally felt I needed to do this to be sure about my next steps.
I think I'll reserve further judgment until undo gives the analysis, though.
BTW, This is why I've held off criticism as well. It's an info dump, but he acknowledges it with promises of analysis later.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:27 am

In post 1166, petroleumjelly wrote: And second, Albert B. Rampage alleged he had "looked into the players bussing LoudmouthLee" and decided mathcam was the worst (and maybe CrashTextDummie), but neither of those players had voted LoudmouthLee.
CTD hammered LML...so he may not have been busing all throughout the day, but LML's vote was preferable to a no lynch. Although it could be scum trying to win some townie points by saving a doomed scumpartner, I suspect the motivation was pro-town.

That said I'm still a little confused by ABR's posts, so if I'm just wrong, let me know. Not enough coffee yet.
In post 1166, petroleumjelly wrote: First, the "breathe in, breathe out" commentary towards Glork's alleged "tilt" does not seem sincere or necessary. I don't like it.
Not really sure what you're trying to imply; do you find ABR-Glork buddying to be suspicious?
In post 25, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Red Leader: All wings check in.
In post 37, Glork wrote:Red Two, standing by.
It'd take some balls to start out the day talking to your partner...but I think those two have some pretty big balls though so I can't count it out.

On a related note:
In post 1076, petroleumjelly wrote:Now some follow-up questions for mathcam. It should be noted that I did not realize your +1/-1 system would not even give
post numbers
It seems to me you're using your questions to trap people. This seems like a repeat of your VitR baiting yesterday, with the exception that mathcam "stepped in it."

You asked for notes, mathcam deliviered, and you scrutinize it (which is valid because his opinions on LML, Bookitty, and ABR don't match up with his system).

It seems to me that your traps are as likely to catch scum as they are townies who screw up. How do you keep the latter out?

----
In post 1170, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: ABR
Not really sure why pretending to out a cop to drag someone's name down then voting said person you claimed to be cop shows any form of credibility.

Out of curiosity, what defines the wagon du jour?

----

@MBL:
Is there anyone worth placing a vote on yet? I concede we're on differing opinions about how to use your vote. If you are waiting for someone who you want to lynch to place your vote, did you think KK's lynch was a possibility yesterday?

----
In post 1186, Albert B. Rampage wrote:You've made an enemy out of a friend DGB, and now I won't unvote you.
Not sure if this is healthy or that I believe you'll never unvote her given your penchant for dramatics yesterday.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 am

What about yesterday STD?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:41 am

Other than I believe in it?
In post 231, Albert B. Rampage wrote:No. No. No. NO.
In post 720, Albert B. Rampage wrote:There's NO WAY that CES is looking town right now. Vote him.
You're a little dramatic. I agree that DGB looks like scum but if you're trying to intimidate her (or whatever you're trying to do) with "I won't unvote you" I'm not sure it's going to be effective.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:43 am

You're soft and sensitive. Please. I hunt scum, I don't dawdle about.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 am

Please. I'm just cuddly.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:47 am

Shocker!

(This post is reserved for when ABR changes his vote so I can quote it in a fury of I told you so.)

(Because apparently being dramatic and ad homming people who attack you is scumhunting, and whatever the hell ABR thinks I'm doing is not).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@mathcam:

In post 1178, mathcam wrote:PJ's last post on ABR was pretty solid. Any more comments on my speculation against him? I know a couple of people seemed to suggest that unless it was a 100% all-out attack on LML, it would not have been ABR bussing. I'm pretty reluctant to try to dissect ABR's meta, but would be curious to further opinions.
In post 1180, mathcam wrote:I really can't decide between ABR and DGB -- I find aspects of both of their play mysterious, and yet both present this nagging doubt that they wouldn't have played this way had they been scum. Too bad we can't lynch both.
Since you have an open invitiation as to thoughts about your thoughts:

- So you're going to need to set aside the fact that their playstyle just doesn't fit well with you because it's "mysterious." I grant you that it may make it more difficult to determine their alignment, but it is not alignment indicative when this is just how they play (and indeed it's not an unpopular playstyle these days from my limited experience with recent games).

- In re: ABR more specifically, the only part of your ABR suspicions that have struck me as worthwhile is back in , when you state your suspicions about ABR's seeming half-hearted pro-LML-lynch stance. My only problem with ABR's play towards LML is that it was the very posts that made me suspect LML enough to vote him that made ABR jump off the lynch-LML train. But even then, that doesn't make ABR scum, it just gives me a moment's pause. I don't think it amounts to waffling about LML -- which is how you characterize ABR's play -- particularly because I think his LML stance after that time had a clear development path when you compare his LML comments to what LML was actually posting at the time.

-----
In post 1185, DrippingGoofball wrote:Sotty
is
scum. She's in everybody's blind spot.
This is basically how I feel about her (the blind spot, not necessarily being scum). In fact, I did a quick review of her posts as soon as ABR mentioned her as possible scum, and confirmed that, indeed, I feel nothing towards her, which makes me feel like she's flying under the radar. One of the things that bothers me is that Sotty keeps posting that she's going to do rereads and the like, but I never get the sense that she's following through.

-----

- Yup, it's official: I find the mathcam/DGB back and forth a complete nullity for either's alignment.

-
@chamber:
I think STD and KK have hit the point, but I'm basically waiting on undo's follow through. As is, his numbers post is just basically another version of his failure to take a stand, which was an issue porochaz underscored back in D1, and which put undo in my scum candidate pile.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't see how it's that bad. It's a lot of work to do and he's got to know no one's necessarily going to think him any more town for it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:11 am

Post by chamber »

In post 1198, VitaminR wrote:
I don't see how it's that bad. It's a lot of work to do and he's got to know no one's necessarily going to think him any more town for it.
Its busy work that is independent of alignment, LML did some of that too with his VCA, but my real issue is that any analysis based on that is going to just be based on an arbitrary abstraction of the actual facts.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”