Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 1076, Juls wrote:No, I will not do it. I have done all I am going to do for you. Go gladiator on me, I don't care. I will ignore you as will the rest of town because you are being absolutely ridiculous. It is not my problem that you can't see that.

Sorry town for the last two pages. From this point forward I will be completely ignoring wake. If anyone else feels that he has said anything that truly needs my attention then ask me and I will do my best to answer.

Hm, a scum claim. Delicious.

In post 1079, Not_Mafia wrote:They do when your haughty attitude and behaviour and lines of inquiry are so transparently and thoroughly ridiculous and obtuse that all it is achieving is irritating the player list and inducing apathy. What you are doing is not effective scumhunting and if I didn't have a policy of not replacing out of games unless IRL circumstances make it impossible for me to play I'd probably have bailed by now. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you have any intention of accepting any criticism and attempting to improve but I hope that after I've slept, either you'll have stopped this or my desire to policy lynch will have faded but right now the game simply cannot move forward with you acting like this.

So dodging questions is considered acceptable behavior now? Why didn't you tell me?!

In post 1088, Aegor wrote:
In post 1086, Wake1 wrote:The point of being a good Townie is to ask questions and stimulate discussion. If that means pouring on the pressure, then that's what it's going to take.

Part of being a good townie is discerning where pressure should be applied. If you think that applying more pressure to Juls is a good idea, then your judgment is just bad.

All you're doing is teaching me that it's acceptable to be lazy and hide behind my ISO, instead of directly responding to direct questions which would in turn give you better reads. You're also teaching me that it's ok to fight questions, and discredit questions as crap, as if being transparent and straightforward is a bad thing.

No one is hiding behind an ISO. It is your responsibility to read this thread. No one has to answer the same question twice or present the same argument twice. That is what you are asking others to do.

>Part of being a good townie is discerning where pressure should be applied. If you think that
applying more pressure to Juls is a good idea, then your judgment is just bad
>
No one is hiding behind an ISO
. It is your responsibility to read this thread. No one has to answer the same question twice or present the same argument twice.
That is what you are asking others to do

Lynch all Liars
MFoS: Aegor.

Wake88, post 1103 wrote:
Burning_Town: Where are you? Null.

Burning_Earth is V/LA until the 15th, as am I.

p-edit: @Alina: I'm more than happy to vote Aegor, but I doubt the wagon would take off.

~tn5421
WIP
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1143, Juls wrote:
I have noT attacked your personal life at all. I disbelieve that you were really vla but that is completely within the context of the game. You also logged in yesterday as I noted because your "last visited" when I was doing my catch up was yesterday (Saturday).

DROP IT. Logging in does not mean one has the time to post, and questioning others' V/LAs is completely inappropriate, as abusing the V/LA system for factional benefit is against the rules. If you think Adrien is cheating in this manner, bring it up with the mod. But it has
no place
whatsoever in this thread.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Burning_TowN
Burning_TowN
Townie
Burning_TowN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Burning_TowN »

.....I alt slipped. is mine

Spoiler: Post 1150
In post 1150, tn5421 wrote:
In post 1076, Juls wrote:No, I will not do it. I have done all I am going to do for you. Go gladiator on me, I don't care. I will ignore you as will the rest of town because you are being absolutely ridiculous. It is not my problem that you can't see that.

Sorry town for the last two pages. From this point forward I will be completely ignoring wake. If anyone else feels that he has said anything that truly needs my attention then ask me and I will do my best to answer.

Hm, a scum claim. Delicious.

In post 1079, Not_Mafia wrote:They do when your haughty attitude and behaviour and lines of inquiry are so transparently and thoroughly ridiculous and obtuse that all it is achieving is irritating the player list and inducing apathy. What you are doing is not effective scumhunting and if I didn't have a policy of not replacing out of games unless IRL circumstances make it impossible for me to play I'd probably have bailed by now. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you have any intention of accepting any criticism and attempting to improve but I hope that after I've slept, either you'll have stopped this or my desire to policy lynch will have faded but right now the game simply cannot move forward with you acting like this.

So dodging questions is considered acceptable behavior now? Why didn't you tell me?!

In post 1088, Aegor wrote:
In post 1086, Wake1 wrote:The point of being a good Townie is to ask questions and stimulate discussion. If that means pouring on the pressure, then that's what it's going to take.

Part of being a good townie is discerning where pressure should be applied. If you think that applying more pressure to Juls is a good idea, then your judgment is just bad.

All you're doing is teaching me that it's acceptable to be lazy and hide behind my ISO, instead of directly responding to direct questions which would in turn give you better reads. You're also teaching me that it's ok to fight questions, and discredit questions as crap, as if being transparent and straightforward is a bad thing.

No one is hiding behind an ISO. It is your responsibility to read this thread. No one has to answer the same question twice or present the same argument twice. That is what you are asking others to do.

>Part of being a good townie is discerning where pressure should be applied. If you think that
applying more pressure to Juls is a good idea, then your judgment is just bad
>
No one is hiding behind an ISO
. It is your responsibility to read this thread. No one has to answer the same question twice or present the same argument twice.
That is what you are asking others to do

Lynch all Liars
MFoS: Aegor.

Wake88, post 1103 wrote:
Burning_Town: Where are you? Null.

Burning_Earth is V/LA until the 15th, as am I.

p-edit: @Alina: I'm more than happy to vote Aegor, but I doubt the wagon would take off.

~tn5421

~tn5421
Profile Links: tn5421 | Burning_Earth
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Juls »

I didn't dodge anything. I answered his question, he didn't accept my answer. I wasn't going tO feed into his distracting behavior anymore. Nice non vote though on a "scum claim"
-------------------------------------
Juls
Burning_TowN
Burning_TowN
Townie
Burning_TowN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Burning_TowN »

In post 1153, Juls wrote:I didn't dodge anything. I answered his question, he didn't accept my answer. I wasn't going tO feed into his distracting behavior anymore. Nice non vote though on a "scum claim"

He asked you about an
update
. You dodged.

~tn5421
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 1151, Aegor wrote:
In post 1143, Juls wrote:
I have noT attacked your personal life at all. I disbelieve that you were really vla but that is completely within the context of the game. You also logged in yesterday as I noted because your "last visited" when I was doing my catch up was yesterday (Saturday).

DROP IT. Logging in does not mean one has the time to post, and questioning others' V/LAs is completely inappropriate, as abusing the V/LA system for factional benefit is against the rules. If you think Adrien is cheating in this manner, bring it up with the mod. But it has
no place
whatsoever in this thread.

Where is it against the rules? I have never seen that rule and personally don't think it should be against the rules. But, show me where and I will be glad to drop it. I have seen people scum hunt all the time by seeing who is online or in scum chat or last visited so I don't see how this is any different.
Juls
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Alright. So I've been looking through Farside's ISO, and found something sort of interesting.

In post 949, farside22 wrote:Last minute thoughts.

Hs needs to post.
Bp still bugs me.
Damon should also be looked into.

This was a post on page 38, the last words of our fallen Farside. I find it interesting that BP and Damon have remained pretty quiet as of late, and are both on Farsides list of people to look at.

Maybe he was getting too close to being right?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 1154, Burning_TowN wrote:
In post 1153, Juls wrote:I didn't dodge anything. I answered his question, he didn't accept my answer. I wasn't going tO feed into his distracting behavior anymore. Nice non vote though on a "scum claim"

He asked you about an
update
. You dodged.

~tn5421

An update? I literally posted my last catchup post at the start of this day! Nothing changed.
Juls
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Alina »

In post 1148, shaddowez wrote:
In post 1144, Alina wrote:@Shaddowez So, are you just going to say that it's impossible he's a troll/ridiculous and not even bother looking for anyone else?

Not at all. My comment regarding someone coming up scummier didn't just mean from future posts, though I can see how it could have been read that way.

And, as I said I would - UNVOTE:

Thank you. This is going
way
too fast for my liking.

In post 1152, Burning_TowN wrote:Burning_Earth is V/LA until the 15th, as am I.

~tn5421

I'll see if I find him scummy after all this. I just
really
don't think HS is the right option right now. I'm not sure who
is
yet, but I should be finished with a full reread within 24 hours(It'll possibly be done tonight, but I'm not gonna make any promises I'm not sure I can keep)

In post 1156, Aeronaut wrote:Alright. So I've been looking through Farside's ISO, and found something sort of interesting.

In post 949, farside22 wrote:Last minute thoughts.

Hs needs to post.
Bp still bugs me.
Damon should also be looked into.

This was a post on page 38, the last words of our fallen Farside. I find it interesting that BP and Damon have remained pretty quiet as of late, and are both on Farsides list of people to look at.

Maybe he was getting too close to being right?

Possibly. I
do
really want to look into BP because I absolutely could not get a good read on him yesterday. And Damon is, as said before by Wake, the invisible man.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Aeronaut, do you discount the notion that there's possibly an Odd-Night Vigilante?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by TheAdrienC »

In post 1147, Juls wrote:No, I am questioning the honesty of your vla. Big difference. Especially since you logged on yesterday while trying to say you last visited 3 days ago.

I took the V/LA (in more than one game, might I add) because I wasn't sure how often I was going to be able to have computer access in the span of a few days, not because there was no way I could have access to the site at all (it is bookmarked on my iPhone for me to, at worst, read posts). I also had no idea the night phase would occur when I first posted that I needed it. Even if I was scum, I would not take a V/LA unnecessarily because I feel that V/LA is something that should not be misconstrued for an advantage. That's just cheap and unfair, in my opinion. I still checked the site when I had a few minutes from arriving home from work or reading my other game when I had a few minutes, but not nearly enough attention it deserved for me to consider myself active.

I don't care if you believe I am fake or scum or whatever. After the game is over, we can laugh about how crazy and awesome this game was. But keep my personal business out of it.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1159, Wake1 wrote:Aeronaut, do you discount the notion that there's possibly an Odd-Night Vigilante?

Actually, yea I had forgotten about the odd/even thing. I sure hope there is still a smart vig out there, because this town needs it.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Alina »

This game is crazy, that much is for certain. Seems like almost everyone hates everyone else. Thank god we aren't playing in real life or some people might actually die.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1161, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1159, Wake1 wrote:Aeronaut, do you discount the notion that there's possibly an Odd-Night Vigilante?

Actually, yea I had forgotten about the odd/even thing. I sure hope there is still a smart vig out there, because this town needs it.

So you also mention a Serial Killer.

That in mind, do you or do you not subscribe to the notion of two Mafia teams in this game?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Juls »

@Adrien : Ok...so get on those responses to my walls that are about 50% about you. We got all the time in the world so take your time if you need to.
Juls
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by reinoe »

It can be acceptable to dodge questions depending on the circumstances. It can be acceptable to completely dodge players. I've done both as town. Sometimes you have to recognize how your interactions affect the entire town, and getting stuck in a quagmire with Wake will definitely have adverse affects on the town as a whole and individual players.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1155, Juls wrote:
Where is it against the rules? I have never seen that rule and personally don't think it should be against the rules. But, show me where and I will be glad to drop it. I have seen people scum hunt all the time by seeing who is online or in scum chat or last visited so I don't see how this is any different.

Read the activity rules for this game. Attempting to circumvent them via illegitimate V/LA is a clear violation. Furthermore, Site Rules prohibit bringing outside influences, of which this is most
definitely
one, into the game. You are more than welcome to poll mods on this issue if you do not believe me.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by TheAdrienC »

@Aegor Completely un-mafia-related: Thank you.

@Juls, I'm going to cool off for a second and go over your ISO, responding to everything you've said about me and I will do it either tonight or in the morning. You have my word.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1162, Alina wrote:This game is crazy, that much is for certain. Seems like almost everyone hates everyone else. Thank god we aren't playing in real life or some people might actually die.

Nah, I had an awful newbie game once. Much worse than this one.

And much less interesting.

P-EDIT = Wake, man, I really don't know. There could be, definitely. I certainly hope so, so that they can just kill each other.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Wake1 »

So what do you want, reinoe?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Burning_TowN
Burning_TowN
Townie
Burning_TowN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Burning_TowN »

In post 1165, reinoe wrote:

It can be acceptable to dodge questions depending on the circumstances. It can be acceptable to completely dodge players. I've done both as town. Sometimes you have to recognize how your interactions affect the entire town, and getting stuck in a quagmire with Wake will definitely have adverse affects on the town as a whole and individual players.

The specific situation came off to me as 'I cant be bothered to update my reads, so read my iso'.

Unless a question is unnecessarily leading, it should at least be responded to with an 'not answering this' without being dramatic about it.

@Wake: I think it is more likely that we have a SK rather than another mafia faction, but it's not impossible.

~tn5421
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Wake1 »

So we're looking at 4 Mafia, 1 SK, and Even/Odd-Night Vigilantes?

I recall Picking Simplicity having something similar.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

@Alina, why were you so sure about it yesterDay though?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

While I do believe there is a good possibility of Hunter being scum, I also have a strong feeling on Alina as stated before, but no one paid any attention to it.

VOTE: Alina

I will hammer Hunter if it comes down to it though.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by Juls »

@burning - you clearly skimmed because I did answer his question. He didn't like my answer, I asked what else he wanted, he kept saying 4 sentences, I asked why my particular 3-sentence answer wasn't acceptable, he asked me why I thought he felt it was unacceptable. /facepalm. At that point I threw in the towel because he was simply being obtuse.
Juls

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”