Newbie 1517: Crossroads Mafia (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:40 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

It's also pretty typical of townies trying to get people out of rvs. ;)

My actual intention was to see if any newbscum would actually sheep looking for an easy wagon. Didn't work out as intended but on the plus side we're past rvs and I got some good reads off it.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:46 am

Post by RachMarie »

Posting already.

TSO seriously dude you know what condition I have. Who else are you looking at, both of us do agree on a town read on Doogal but what about the rest of the players are you so tunnel vision on me that you are missing the forest for the trees?

Still working on getting back up to par but I still do not see a case for Doogal scum why are you pushing it so hard Vic? Are you even looking at other players? Do you have any town reads yet?

It is not enough to just complain about activity ask questions find out what people are thinking so you can figure out who is scum
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:48 am

Post by RachMarie »

Also vic gambits in newbie games usually fall flat and often just end up giving the player doing the gambit a nice big dollop of appearing to be scum
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:49 am

Post by T S O »

I wasn't giving out about you, Rach? I'm not even voting you. I said you're somewhat of a lurker, which is true. It's not of your own volition, yes, but I never accused you of being lazy or deliberately lurking.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:50 am

Post by T S O »

In post 97, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 96, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 92, VictorDeAngelo wrote:...
Because I think I said pretty clearly why I think you two are scum.

I'm pretty clear on why you think I am in the mafia (although I know you are barking up the wrong tree there), but it is equally unclear to me why you are putting T S O in the same category.
T S O votes for a player with the total of 1 post, who should be back from V/LA, and there isn't even a remote lynch danger from that vote.

Can you spell your reasons out for me?

You see the bolded. That's a pretty scummy thing to do.

no, it's not.

What exactly motivates me to do that as scum? How does it advance my win condition? It doesn't.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:51 am

Post by T S O »

V/LA indefinitely - I don't know how long it's for.
-Marquis
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Vote count 1.03:

With nine alive, it takes five to lynch!

Clusk92 (L-5):
Billi bilaoi (L-5):
Doogal121 (L-5):
Glass (L-4): TSO
shaddowez (L-5):
Alesteors (L-5):
VictorDeAngelo (L-2): Clusk92, shaddowez, Billi bilaoi
RachMarie (L-4):
T S O (L-2): Glass, RachMarie, VictorDeAngelo

Not voting: Doogal121, Alesteors

V/LA: TSO

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-07-24 00:46:38)

Replacing Alesteors

Do not talk about ongoing games for any reason.
Last edited by penguin_alien on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I'm pretty clear on why you think I am in the mafia (although I know you are barking up the wrong tree there), but it is equally unclear to me why you are putting T S O in the same category.
T S O votes for a player with the total of 1 post, who should be back from V/LA, and there isn't even a remote lynch danger from that vote.

Actually, I see that as a prod to get talking. What makes you think it's scummy?
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 101, RachMarie wrote:
Still working on getting back up to par but I still do not see a case for Doogal scum why are you pushing it so hard Vic? Are you even looking at other players? Do you have any town reads yet?

It is not enough to just complain about activity ask questions find out what people are thinking so you can figure out who is scum

In post 102, RachMarie wrote:Also vic gambits in newbie games usually fall flat and often just end up giving the player doing the gambit a nice big dollop of appearing to be scum

So you complain about me not doing enough to find scum and then complain about making a gambit to get out of rvs. I mean seriously look at the activity count and tell me you don't think I'm doing enough. As for your questions you should iso me.

In post 104, T S O wrote:

no, it's not.

What exactly motivates me to do that as scum? How does it advance my win condition? It doesn't.

It's a pointless vote that keeps you away from any wagons (for instance my wagon which would be you would vote if you were town and thought I was scummy). Rvs is over, you should be voting for a reason.

But how about you explain why town would vote this way?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:45 am

Post by T S O »

...I'm trying to get people to play, maybe?
-Marquis
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

Eeee... No, it's not. :?
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 106, penguin_alien wrote:...
Glass
(L-4): TSO

Has Lucy been replaced?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Glass »

-wave-
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Glass »

I was going to wait until penguin announced it, but I guess its out in the open...

UNVOTE:

I'll give my thoughts once I get home.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:46 am

Post by T S O »

Hello, Glass!
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:47 am

Post by T S O »

Unvote
Vote: Victor DeAngelo
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:48 am

Post by T S O »

Victor's at L-1.
-Marquis
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:49 am

Post by Clusk92 »

Why have you put him at L-1 so early?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 am

Post by T S O »

Because he's pretty damn scummy and I've given him enough chances to prove himself.

L-1 isn't an inherently bad thing; no-one here is stupid enough to quickhammer and it ramps up the pressure on Victor.
-Marquis
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Clusk92 »

No-ones stupid enough you're right, still possible for an accidental hammer though.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 83, VictorDeAngelo wrote:...
Bill on the other hand is probably scum. He held off voting in 67 despite saying the post was suspicious, then right after Shadowez highlights what he didn't like about my post Bill eagerly rewrites it in 73 and only gets around to voting in 77.

Also SE advice; get more active. I know Rach is vla but the rest of you need to be doing stuff. Scum won't catch themselves. It also makes for a boring game (and if the game is boring players like myself will just replace out).

So your advice is to jump right away with your vote on every post you don't like?

There are 5 player more active than you, including RachMarie. Should you take your own advice?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Glass »

Dammit TSO, I wanted to vote victor.

victor wrote:
My actual intention was to see if any newbscum would actually sheep looking for an easy wagon.

I have trouble believing that this is honest. Lets examine this claim a bit:

First off, for this idea to have any merit it would require that Doogal is town and that newbscum see Doogal as an easy person to wagon. At the time of the vote, Doogal did not have any votes and TSO had three.
At this point, you either had suspicions of TSOscum or you did not.

If you did not believe TSO was scum at the time (or was neutral on him), I see absolutely no way you can say that you thought newbscum would sheep your vote on Doogal when TSO would be a far, far tastier wagon to jump onto for them. Perhaps you believed that newbscum was already on that wagon? But Lucy was V/LA and Rach is not a newbie, and doing all this because you thought that billiscum would go from a TSO wagon to a Doogal wagon because its an "easier wagon" sounds fairly farfetched to me.

If you thought that TSO was scum at the time, you may have thought that TSO's partner might be a newbscum willing to sheep your vote. But that does not explain why you would choose Doogal. At this point there were several other people who already had a vote on them and could be seen as an easier wagon, if this was truly what you believed.

In essence, I am not sure I believe victor's reason for voting Doogal.

Doogal wrote:
FOS: Billi for running up the votecount on TSO to L-2 while knowing one of the votes was V/LA and can't get off.

I want to know if this is an actual FOS, or continuing the joking you were doing in previous posts.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Glass »

clusk wrote:
No-ones stupid enough you're right, still possible for an accidental hammer though.

If you are worried about accidental hammerings, why don't you unvote?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 79, shaddowez wrote:
TSO - Do you have any reads to give?
You've thrown out random one-liners here and there, but nothing with any real meat to it...

In post 101, RachMarie wrote:...
Who else are you looking at,
both of us do agree on a town read on Doogal but what about the rest of the players are you so tunnel vision on me that you are missing the forest for the trees?

Still working on getting back up to par but I still do not see a case for Doogal scum why are you pushing it so hard Vic?
Are you even looking at other players? Do you have any town reads yet?

I have seen a single read from each of you, and you're both pressing to get more reads from others.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 123, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 79, shaddowez wrote:
TSO - Do you have any reads to give?
You've thrown out random one-liners here and there, but nothing with any real meat to it...

In post 101, RachMarie wrote:...
Who else are you looking at,
both of us do agree on a town read on Doogal but what about the rest of the players are you so tunnel vision on me that you are missing the forest for the trees?

Still working on getting back up to par but I still do not see a case for Doogal scum why are you pushing it so hard Vic?
Are you even looking at other players? Do you have any town reads yet?

I have seen a single read from each of you, and you're both pressing to get more reads from others.

I'm only half-tempted to respond to this, since there's not actually a question or evidence of wanting a reaction, but I will anyway. Mind you, I can only speak for myself, not for Rach.

First of all, I'm not sure how asking one specific player, in one post, if they have reads counts as "pressing to get more reads". I'd hate to see what happened if I asked twice. Second, one read is still more than zero. If you're not interested in hearing from everybody, or at least the people you're suspicious of, that's up to you. I had questions about TSO, he hadn't posted anything I felt had much content at the time, so I asked him about reads. And that brings me to my last point - that was over 50 posts ago. He has posted more since, which is why I haven't asked him about it again.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”