Micro 359: Lurker Mafia Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:54 am

Post by saulres »

MafiaSSK, Nobody Special, and Bert did not post during segment 2. They are being prodded.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 24, Not_Mafia wrote:Currently nursing a hangover

VOTE: Chevre

I'm in the hating Chevre's first post club, it just read as "Oh I'm analyzing and getting us out of RVS" and that and the generic comments about activity make the post come off as looking town but not being town.

I also don't like how his second post is purely defensive

This seems like reaching.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:40 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 1.4(L-2) Bert - Equinox, Chevre, Second Void
(L-3) Chevre - Desperado, Not_Mafia
(L-4) Dot Matrix - MafiaSSK
(L-4) Equinox - Bert

Not voting: Nobody Special, Dot Matrix

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day deadline in (expired on 2014-07-23 14:52:52)

Segment start and end times can be found in Post 1 of this thread. In there I also, as time permits, update who has posted in the current day's segments.

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Bert »

This is not a prod dodge! I can't believe I missed the DL for the 2nd post, so I'm undercontributing in a lurker game! LOL

I punched myself in the foot for that, and now I'm sucking on my poor inflamed knuckles. *cries*

I've found that the remedy for avoiding posting here is to furiously ask the lovely mod questions.

In post 22, Dot Matrix wrote:Bert's post was fluffy which Tammy doesn't find a problem with, Bert fluffs as much as she does >_>, but Sleepy didn't like it. Though Sleepy was just Bert's partner in Mafia with a Quickness, so maybe some hyper awareness of Bert could come from that (though probably it was just that Bert could have talked about wagoning but instead said he'd vote us and then randomly picked Equinox instead).

townpoints for you not automatically assuming I'm innocent because I'm playing differently! Granted, I haven't changed my playstyle here or anything!

I would comment about the points again if I found the opinions meaningful, but they ride on the assumption that my initial post was some sort of WIFOM gambit, when clearly it was not but a freestyle blurb!

This is effectively a PROD DODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGE

link to my case on no one
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 22, Dot Matrix wrote:We have no comments about Equinox's post as tonally she felt fine?

And that's how I'll get ya.

You know, guys, if y'all keep waiting until someone posts before making a post yourself, this shit happens.

Desperado thinking that Bert's crime was "RVSing
in RVS
" is pretty funny. Sadly, it also lost him the goodwill he had going from his first post.

Since the fashion nowadays is "analysis," let's get this done
so I can show you all how much better I am than you
so this game doesn't become Micro 359: Zero Posting Mafia.

The first couple of posts (starting from ) are par for the course. Like, there's only so much you can do in a vacuum. However, I propose that RVS ended with MafiaSSK's , where he put forth a suggestion of bandwagoning as a play strategy. Next, we have Bert, who had taken the time to write us a beautifully moving poem about RVS and CREATE A THIRD WAGON WTF.

I actually agreed with Chevre and Second Void about Bert (duh). I liked that Desperado caught that Nobody Special had barely done any analysis, except he seems rather fixated on the idea that RVS lasted longer than it actually did. Chevre, too. Ehh. Meeehhh? MafiaSSK being MafiaSSK is, um, inappropriately appropriate. Damn it, this analyzing thing isn't going too well. Dot Matrix is pretty solid. Desperado is probably neither liquid nor gas. Second Void is prooooobably a solid, too, though I'm really looking forward to their next post. Chevre, tonally, feels like he did in Mini 1410 where he was defensive and his replacement got lynched for it, so :shrug: so far. Not much of an opinion on Not_Mafia. Don't like MafiaSSK very much at the moment.

How 'bout this, since this post is getting longer than it has the right to be. I don't like wagoning Bert anymore. Let's wagon Nobody Special because, if nothing else, lynch-all-lurkers is pretty much a spot-on strategy this game.

Unvote, Vote: Nobody Special
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Second Void »

In post 20, Chevre wrote:And Not_Mafia's vote just felt very serious to me. I know it's joking matter to bring up that forum-breaking wall, but the tone of his post felt like there was a true urge to detract from such types of post.

I didn't really get that feeling at all, honestly.

as no faction save Jester has anything to gain from self-voting. :/

The hell is this supposed to mean? Why would you even say that?

I suppose our opinions on NM's post will have to vary, though.

Don't agree with him re: NS not voting. Don't see why that's a bad thing.

Equi, Imma let you in on a little fact: I. Dislike. Poetry. I don't HATEHATEHATE it, but I really,
really
don't care for it. Also, trying to insinuate things from a lack of poetry interpretation is disingenuous.

Dot Matrix:
Okay so you thought bandwagoning was good, and we agree! Why'd you pick us over voidedmafia

Why not pick you over us? I don't really understand the point of this question given the context of the vote in question.

(though probably it was just that Bert could have talked about wagoning but instead said he'd vote us and then randomly picked Equinox instead).

I think it's a notable cognitive dissonance, even if it's for RVS. It'd be far more egregious if this was, say, in a later segment or a later day, but even at the start it's notable.

Sorry we're rushing to meet deadline because if we don't do it now, we'll probably miss it tomorrow. If you don't get why this quote is bad, hopefully someone else will explain it and if not we'll tackle it next segment.

I...feel like I get it in my gut, but I don't think I can explain why it's so. I do trust Tammy to be able to explain this, so I can wait for the next segment.

It probably has to do with the mention of the Jester, though, does it not?

When you said you haven't played with Tammy did you mean Sleepy?

I've
modded
for Tammy (though not by herself, just as the Imperium hydra in BB:HoH Mafia), but never
played
with her. I believe the inverse is true for Skrew (played with, but never modded for). I honestly don't remember if Tammy and I have played together or not, or did we play in Marketplace III?

Tammy also, shocker of shockers, told Sleepy that she'd laugh her ass off if we got lynched in the first segment because we couldn't remove our vote from ourselves. Seriously.

Yknow, I probably would to. Laugh, I mean.

This makes me feel better about DM.

Anyway, Tammy's admittedly not super great at reading Voided nor is she great at reading Mastin, so. Pretty interesting that you're posting without mastin atm, and the plan to alternate posts is just weird. Why wouldn't you discuss things together and post together?

I'm not great at reading you two, either, so the feeling's mutual.

why are you still voting bert? why are you fencesitting on chevre

1.) Because I still don't like that post from Bert and I don't plan on moving it until I see better things.
2.) Because Chevre is starting to send me mixed signals. My read is now conflicted. Is that a problem?

Yes, I liked some parts of his first post, at least enough that I wouldn't feel bad about calling him town at that point, but it wasn't along the lines "I liked it all. *airdrops townpoints on Chevre*". Plus, parts of his 2nd post don't sit well with me. To go back to my original wording, I don't feel safe calling him town anymore; however, I don't believe Chevre's worse than Bert, so asking me to move my vote is rather silly. Need a reply from Bert before I'd move the vote, though.

@ equinox: what are bert's crimes again? rvsing in rvs and...?

Considering Equi's haiku mentioned "Staying in RVS", I'd say...that's wrong.

Soyeah, Bert's response does nothing to really change my opinion. Vote stays unless Mastin can wow me with reasons why Bert is towniest town town, or something like that.

townpoints for you not automatically assuming I'm innocent because I'm playing differently! Granted, I haven't changed my playstyle here or anything!

Wait...huh? Who in the world said you were "playing differently?"

And then he blatantly misreps most of the people disliking his opening post. At the very least he misreps both mine and Equi's opinions.

, though I'm really looking forward to their next post.

That's just setting yourself up for failure, girl. Though I will try to deliver.

(Also, what does being "solid" mean? Town? Scum? Null?)

How 'bout this, since this post is getting longer than it has the right to be. I don't like wagoning Bert anymore. Let's wagon Nobody Special because, if nothing else, lynch-all-lurkers is pretty much a spot-on strategy this game.

Are you under the impression that NS will be a wagon more likely to take off, or something? I certainly don't get the feeling that Bert got less scummy from this post, so what's changed?

Most of Equi's recent post sat rather well with me, but this last bit (and the vote-change) is questionable.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Post by Chevre »

Dot Matrix, Post 22

I chose to pressure Bert over you guys because I believe a single person is going to react more "purely" to pressure rather than a hydra, who is, especially in a game like this, going to deliberate and carefully manufacture their posts anyway.

If mastin2 literally broke the forum, yes that would be bad, sure, but the post everyone is referring to is simply an excess of information which broke the formatting code of the site. Still readable.

About not knowing the contents of the hydra, that's a mixture of not fully reading Bert's poem once I realized it was inane and just forgetting who was in it.

You're going to have to tell me how I'm wrong about your self-vote.

I don't think I'm wrong about my first-post thing. Especially in a cyclical game like this; other games you may have a smaller group of people who are making up the majority of early-game chat, but here we were all pretty much forced to have only one post at first.

IF SOMEONE ANNOUNCES V/LA, I GET THAT, OK? But so far, no one has done that, so if they are playing, in a game like this where they very clearly know the restraints, they should be prepared to post.

Desperado, Post 23

About Bert's first post, I think there are important things going on before his post with the idea of the wagoning, but he just had absolutely NOTHING to say about it. If I understand you right I'm not walking back on my position on posting? If you don't post in a segment without any inclination of V/LA I think that's really fishy. And I guess this next point goes to you, and Not_Mafia as well, but I guess I underestimated y'all? I just wanted to be entirely sure that we knew what we were doing in this game with its augmented rules, so I was not padding my posts, I was reiterating because they needed reiteration.

saulres, Post 25

About the non posters:

Nobody Special's lack of posting is especially suspect given that he wholeheartedly agreed with my stance that non-posters are suspicious. Although with ~7 hours remaining he may have just chosen to stop playing. (omg I'm considering that some people could be inactive/not playing rather than obvscum!1!!11! SHOCKER!!!!)

MafiaSSK, Post 26

It's alarming that SSK literally responded to one post, the one of the player who posted most recently before him, with one line. That simply can't be a trend in this game.

Bert, Post 28

This can't be had. It's at least twice contradictory. "This is not a prod dodge" to "This is a prod dodge!"? "I see Dot Matrix noticed I'm playing different" and "I didn't change my playstyle"? Plus even though he's reacting to Dot Matrix it still feels as unuseful as his first.

Equinox, Post 29

I agree with Second Void that Equinox's vote change is suspicious, given that a) Bert still had more votes, b) both Bert and NS had missed the Segment 2 post and c) honestly, I feel like NS's one post is more of an attempt to contribute to this game that Bert's two at that point. Still, I kind of get the vote switch, but I'm perplexed as to why Equinox didn't give it a more thorough explanation.

Second Void, Post 30

I mean that there's no real reason to vote yourself? I don't know why this is such a question unless the meta has really changed THAT much (and if so, please get me out). Voting yourself is almost effectively playing against your win condition in all but a few cases.

Can you explain how Tammy's comment about LMAOing if they got lynched in that first segment made her seem more town? I think scum hydrae are just as capable as town ones to find the humor in that.

- - -

Not changing my vote; I still think a Bert wagon is the best direction to go.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 28, Bert wrote:townpoints for you not automatically assuming I'm innocent because I'm playing differently! Granted, I haven't changed my playstyle here or anything!

Why would that get them townpoints? I'm pretty sure they'd both have to lose about 40 IQ points before using an argument that simplistic
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 16, Desperado wrote:ns: do you think your post is full of anything except the most obvious surface level analysis? cuz i don't and your criticism of voided seems manufactured.

Obviously, I do think that my post was insightful and useful and a whole bunch of other adjectives. I wouldn't post fluff while accusing others of same.

In post 19, Second Void wrote:
In post 15, Nobody Special wrote:Second Void: Long post, lots of quotes sprinkled throughout to make it visually interesting, but completely devoid of anything except obvious surface analysis. Let's hope mastin brings the bacon.

How, pray, is your post any different?

A) It's not from a hydra and B) it was useful.

I have not, to my knowledge ever played with Bert as a single player. Is he always like this, and am I the only one to find it annoying as hell?

VOTE: MafiaSSK for complete lack of anything.

...but I could be persuaded to a Bertwagon.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

Okay so this post is really rushed together because we couldn't really coordinate a time and also we're bad at sleeping. This will be mostly SleepyKrew (though Tammy got some input in before she had to go). Be warned.

In post 23, Desperado wrote:i don't understand why equinox and sleepy are getting their panties in a bunch over the timing of each player's posting in this segment. you all hadn't posted until 12ish hours before the deadline either so...??

Haha, but it was Tammy's panties who were getting in a bunch! Pretty clearly jokingly too?
In post 23, Desperado wrote:@ sleepy: why aren't you voting chevre with me again? you say you don't want to make a new vote without discussing it but you said that you hated his post and tammy agreed that it was awkward so it sounds like you already did? and this also isn't the only thing you say tammy has given comments on so i guess i just don't understand why you guys didn't discuss a new vote target.

Tammy left a saved draft and then I edited my stuff into the draft. We had a little actual discussion, but she had to go to sleep during it so I finished up that post myself and didn't want to vote without her.

I'm in the hating Chevre's first post club, it just read as "Oh I'm analyzing and getting us out of RVS" and that and the generic comments about activity make the post come off as looking town but not being town.

In post 32, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 28, Bert wrote:townpoints for you not automatically assuming I'm innocent because I'm playing differently! Granted, I haven't changed my playstyle here or anything!

Why would that get them townpoints? I'm pretty sure they'd both have to lose about 40 IQ points before using an argument that simplistic

These posts are absolutely not okay.

In post 26, MafiaSSK wrote:

This seems like reaching.

This is somehow even less okay.

Please rephrase and explain.

In post 29, Equinox wrote:feels like he did in Mini 1410 where he was defensive and his replacement got lynched for it, so :shrug: so far.

Do you think meta from one game a year ago is relevant?
(also a link would've been nice
but I'm also not providing a link)
In post 29, Equinox wrote:I don't like wagoning Bert anymore.

gasp Why?!?!

In post 30, Second Void wrote:Why not pick you over us? I don't really understand the point of this question given the context of the vote in question.

Because he had two choices at the time and we want to know why he picked the one he did.
In post 30, Second Void wrote:I...feel like I get it in my gut, but I don't think I can explain why it's so. I do trust Tammy to be able to explain this, so I can wait for the next segment.

It probably has to do with the mention of the Jester, though, does it not?

It was me (SleepyKrew) that called it bad, but sure I'll gladly let Tammy explain it to you later ^_^
In post 30, Second Void wrote:I've modded for Tammy (though not by herself, just as the Imperium hydra in BB:HoH Mafia), but never played with her. I believe the inverse is true for Skrew (played with, but never modded for). I honestly don't remember if Tammy and I have played together or not, or did we play in Marketplace III?

Tammy says you've played together in: Kingdom Hearts, Black Flag Nightless (she was in Cerulean), Marketplace II (you shared a neighborhood), and Marketplace III (she was in Pyrotechnics).
In post 30, Second Void wrote:This makes me feel better about DM.

Why?
Where did mastin go? Was he ever even here?

In post 31, Chevre wrote:a hydra, who is, especially in a game like this, going to deliberate and carefully manufacture their posts anyway.

hahahahahahahahaaaaaa
right
In post 31, Chevre wrote:not fully reading Bert's poem once I realized it was inane and just forgetting who was in it.

What made you think it was inane?
In post 31, Chevre wrote:You're going to have to tell me how I'm wrong about your self-vote.

Reactions! Beautiful glorious reactions! Content! Boogieing on out of RVS! A self-vote in the first post helped accomplish all of these things. You want to stay in RVS when we have seven posts each max? No didn't think so.
In post 31, Chevre wrote:(omg I'm considering that some people could be inactive/not playing rather than obvscum!1!!11! SHOCKER!!!!)

He didn't declare V/LA though. Why are you considering this?
Also Bert missed and didn't declare V/LA and posted afterward. And so did SSK. What about that?

I probably missed some stuff, including some new facepalms for Chevre, but that's what happens when you live life on the edge. Tammy gave me her blessing to vote wherever I want so
VOTE: MafiaSSK

PEDIT: ARE YOU KIDDING
wow great post good effort lots of stuff
Programmed to go off before you do!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Desperado »

sleepy is town which is good because i can't read tammy so if i can just assume she's town when i read her posts it'll be a lot easier, but that ssk vote is bad and you should change it. i know you got ninja'd by ns but seeing him vote ssk should have been enough for you to rethink your position.

speaking of ns--you couldn't even be fucked to acknowledge your scum claim? tsk tsk

unvote
vote: nobody special

i can't tell if i think the bert and ssk wagons are bad because they're town or because chevre and ns are pushing them. im leaning towards the latter.

chevre still needs rope (WHY is the bert wagon still the way to go? you haven't highlighted anything he's done that's actually scummy)

@ equinox: bert rvs'd in his first post. someone attempting to end rvs before that doesn't mean rvs is automatically over. and ssk was "ending rvs" by bandwagoning a game opening self vote. i'd ask you what bert's other crime was but you appear to have dropped it so i don't really care anymore! let's murder ns.

dot matrix

equinox
secondvoided

bert
ssk

----------------------------- <---------------------- line of lynchability

not_mafia

nobody special
chevre
;)
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:52 am

Post by saulres »

Hermes?

Vote Count 1.5(L-3) Bert - Chevre, Second Void
(L-3) Nobody Special - Equinox, Desperado
(L-3) MafiaSSK - Nobody Special, Dot Matrix
(L-4) Chevre - Not_Mafia
(L-4) Dot Matrix - MafiaSSK
(L-4) Equinox - Bert

Not voting:

Segment start and end times can be found in Post 1 of this thread. In there I also, as time permits, update who has posted in the current day's segments.

On permanent
V/LA
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

And it's time to break this tie. The votes on me are both shitty, "hey ssk is lurking in a lurking game" reasons. Bad stuff there. Good stuff in the fact that Nobody Special is indeed bad.

VOTE: NS
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Bert »

In post 31, Chevre wrote:About Bert's first post, I think there are important things going on before his post with the idea of the wagoning, but he just had absolutely NOTHING to say about it.

Do you think my post was a disguise for clever scum? It certainly wasn't pointless rhetoric to make myself look good. I don't see anything clever about it other than taking up space. Also, you skewered your blurb regarding me by saying I had nothing to say about things. Posts to begin the game were thrown around lightly, because Page 1. Why do you think I dialogued the way I did? I wasn't throwing any bait into the water - the post was the most random 100-liner that was both fast, lazy, and 0% effort! Mwahahaha. HA.

In post 35, Desperado wrote:i can't tell if i think the bert and ssk wagons are bad because they're town or because chevre and ns are pushing them. im leaning towards the latter.

I can't tell if Tammy is reading you as scum because you're actually scum! I think we should tie you to a chair and interrogate you harmlessly. We are going to look at you with very guilty eyes. Be afraid.

Also,
PROD DODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGE

(I've always wanted to prod dodge in a Lurker game). <---what an un-nifty parenthesis look wow so amazing omg
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 1.6(L-2) Nobody Special - Equinox, Desperado, MafiaSSK
(L-3) Bert - Chevre, Second Void
(L-4) Chevre - Not_Mafia
(L-4) Equinox - Bert

Not voting:

On permanent
V/LA
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Second Void, why would you quote posts and not even indicate the post number? :(

In post 30, Second Void wrote:Are you under the impression that NS will be a wagon more likely to take off, or something? I certainly don't get the feeling that Bert got less scummy from this post, so what's changed?

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:gasp Why?!?!

Bert's made me less inclined to lynch him for the moment. If certain things do or do not happen, I may change my mind.

In post 31, Chevre wrote:I agree with Second Void that Equinox's vote change is suspicious, given that a) Bert still had more votes, b) both Bert and NS had missed the Segment 2 post and c) honestly, I feel like NS's one post is more of an attempt to contribute to this game that Bert's two at that point. Still, I kind of get the vote switch, but I'm perplexed as to why Equinox didn't give it a more thorough explanation.

I am curious as to why you "kind of get the vote switch" but are still confused as to why it happened.

Anyway, good to see that some things in this thread don't change. For instance, Nobody Special very conveniently skipped questions about the quality of his analysis and deflected the one Desperado had asked. Not_Mafia probably saw MafiaSSK get away with posting a one-liner for his segment and decided to follow suit, such a bad boy.

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:Do you think meta from one game a year ago is relevant?
(also a link would've been nice
but I'm also not providing a link)

Lazy. Sorry. It's probably still relevant considering it's a personality tell, and those, anecdotally anyway, tend to be fairly stable. If I were doing due diligence, I'd have checked his scum game, too, but compulsive metagaming is what made Mafia un-fun for a long time and I'm too busy lurking to care right now. Basically, if I hadn't seen Chevre like that before as town, I'd have been all over him; knowing what I do now, I'm in wait-and-see mode.

In post 37, MafiaSSK wrote:And it's time to break this tie. The votes on me are both shitty, "hey ssk is lurking in a lurking game" reasons. Bad stuff there. Good stuff in the fact that Nobody Special is indeed bad.

If you could barbecue someone other than Nobody Special right now and eat delicious scum in marinara for dinner tonight, who would you roast? Serious question.

Public enemies: MafiaSSK, Nobody Special, Not_Mafia

WHY MUST CHOICES BE HARD

Ugh, probably going to have to re-read the entire thread (hahahaha) for the next segment and then re-figure out which of those three I'd like dead first. Probably wouldn't even matter anyway.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by Chevre »

Nobody Special, Post 33

Given that you have stated in the past that missing an opportunity to post in a segment is practically a scumclaim, how do you want us to justify that you are not town given that you have committed this offense?

Dot Matrix, Post 34

The poem is inane because it's useless; I find it has no real use to town, nor does it help the town. Now even I am finding myself repetitive, but in a game with constraints such as these, that really isn't acceptable.

I'm of two minds on your reasoning for your self-vote. On the one hand, I can see how it was essentially harmless and did do the things you said it did, but I also think it's inherently logically against the spirit and nature of the game. I'm content to leave it alone.

As for my considerations for Nobody Special despite his lack of posting, I had played with him before and he was extremely lurky, to the point where I could understand if he flaked. Now that he has posted again and has yet to address his failure to post given his stance on such I do find it suspicious. The other two are also suspicious; I've already aired my complaints with Bert and I will address him and MafiaSSK later on in this post.

Desperado, Post 35

My problem with Bert is that his posts have been horrid. Surely you can't deny that his post have been at best tangential to the rest of the game. Yes, I realize he's not the only offender, but at that point, I found his posts the most offensive. I won't believe that I had not insinuated this well enough by the time of my post.

Bert, Post 38

You frustrate me, because to a point I agree that what you are doing in your posts would be completely and utterly foolish as scum. But in this game I don't really have time for any player to be cute, edgy, funny, trolly, whatever you think you are doing because the fact of the matter is that it is digging an even deeper hole for town to recover from.

Equinox, Post 40

I don't get your switch for the reasons listed, but it did make sense because Nobody Special had done something which he signified as a scum claim. Additionally, as I said in that post and as I further explained in this one, my past experience with NS made me wary that his segment miss was either real-life or a flake.

- - -

MafiaSSK, Not_Mafia
: Do you truly have little to use your one post for but to make a one-line response to one post? Even if that is or was your posting style, it's just simply not going to fly for me. We need to be diligently responding and voicing as much as we can.

Nevertheless...I feel like these two plus Bert are being more anti-town than scum. Yes, it's totally horrid for the game, but I'm not really sold on anyone, even Bert; I think I'd confess that my annoyance and suspicion towards him is simply because he is the most vocal of the three. I wouldn't mind voting for them near deadline, but right now there isn't really anything I can't chalk up to scum motivations rather than mere anti-town ones.

Unvote

As for the others, Equinox is a solid townread for me, Desperado falls into "wrong-but-town" niche that always seems to happen, and the hydras by their very nature will usually be wavering town for me. That leaves Nobody Special, and I'm inclined to believe that he has been the scummiest. Not so much for the actual missing of a posting opportunity, but also for the fact that he chose not to address it when it's something that everyone would've (and has) picked up on. Also, I think his initial choice to not place a vote was suspicious as it freed him from any analysis to that effect in later days.

Vote: Nobody Special
. That would be L-1.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

So, I joined this game cos I thought, oh looks interesting, without really thinking it through that I would be ill suited as I need to be a wallposter, which I am not. So I'm going to try that whole running commentary thing

Spoiler: Why does the other type of spoiler even exist?
Post 6: Initial impression is town.

Post 8: Nothing remarkable. I always like bandwagoning

Post 10: I don't think this is as egregious as others or particularly alignment indicative. I feel like he wanted to do that poem thing since pre-game, so just threw it up

Post 12: Like others have said, I don't think we were really out of RVS. The only thing to really comment on was Dot Matrix's self vote.

Post 13: Still do not like this post, as I said earlier it looked like it was trying to look town, by throwing out stuff about activity and the like, than it actually was town.

Post 14: To clarify why I thought Dot matrix was town, it's not that I think people here would lynch them, but that in this set-up it would be significantly more difficult to displace any wagon from you. Again, I feel like the criticism of Bert is overblown, but I also don't feel like it was a scum push.

Post 15: @NS You criticise DM for posting fluff when it was the very first post of the game? What else would you expect or want? I also don't like the two IGMEOU coupled with "There is no one I want to pressure yet"

Post 16: I agree with pretty much all of this, as you can probably see

Post 20: Again, I don't like how this post is almost entirely defensive. I also find how seriously he took my mastin vote to be silly. But, tone, internet, text etc...

Post 22: Solidifies my townread on Dot matrix

Post 23: Again, solidifies a town read

Post 29: Disagree that RVS ended with Mafia SSK's bandwagon post. I don't really see why wagoning in RVS is particularly remarkable.

Post 32: EBWOP: Why would that get them townpoints? I'm pretty sure they'd both have to lose about 40 IQ points before using an argument that simplistic
as either alignment?

Post 33: Why was I left out of your undercontribution lynch pool?

Post 41: I'm liking Chevre a little more with 2 most recent posts, still in my scum pile though

MafiaSSK - Null
Nobody Special - Leaning Scum
Bert - Null
Dot Matrix - Town
Not_Mafia - Scum
Chevre - Leaning Scum
Desperado - Town
Second Void - Null
Equinox - Null
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:07 am

Post by Nobody Special »

God, I'm going to sound like such a hypocrite for saying this, but I've honestly run out of time the last couple of days. Later today, after sleep, I'll go thru the whole thread and answer any outstanding questions and offer some thoughts.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 am

Post by Second Void »

In post 31, Chevre wrote:About the non posters:Nobody Special's lack of posting is especially suspect given that he wholeheartedly agreed with my stance that non-posters are suspicious. Although with ~7 hours remaining he may have just chosen to stop playing. (omg I'm considering that some people could be inactive/not playing rather than obvscum!1!!11! SHOCKER!!!!)

Uh, why're you responding to the mod?

That last line in parenthesis is giving me bad twinges.

In post 31, Chevre wrote:I mean that there's no real reason to vote yourself? I don't know why this is such a question unless the meta has really changed THAT much (and if so, please get me out). Voting yourself is almost effectively playing against your win condition in all but a few cases.

Can you explain how Tammy's comment about LMAOing if they got lynched in that first segment made her seem more town? I think scum hydrae are just as capable as town ones to find the humor in that.

Self-voting for the sake of self-voting is anti-wincon, yes. However, self-voting with a purpose shouldn't be. I would most definitely recommend not ever doing such a thing (unless it's like cop-outted scum self-voting), but it was pretty clear that DM's self-vote was for a purpose, in this case for reactions, I believe.

It felt really candid and unforced. The humor in the situation was an added bonus.

In post 32, Not_Mafia wrote:Why would that get them townpoints? I'm pretty sure they'd both have to lose about 40 IQ points before using an argument that simplistic

While a one-liner, this post brings up a pretty good point. Furthermore, and I think I mentioned this before, who exactly was (not) assuming you were town due to playing different? And why use such an argument in the first place?

In post 33, Nobody Special wrote:Obviously, I do think that my post was insightful and useful and a whole bunch of other adjectives. I wouldn't post fluff while accusing others of same.

A) It's not from a hydra and B) it was useful.

(putting these two together since they cover the same general point, even if they're responding to two different people

What, exactly, does it coming from a hydra have to do with the usefulness of a post? Just because this is currently 98% VM talking doesn't make anything I say automatically only skin-deep, and to insinuate otherwise is unnecessary slinging and rather scummy.

So, why was my post only "surface analysis"?

In post 33, Nobody Special wrote:VOTE: MafiaSSK for complete lack of anything.

...but I could be persuaded to a Bertwagon.

...You can't see my face, but I'm making very weird faces. Excalibur-weird faces.

Those aren't good faces.

While I try to get my face back to normal, you can explain why you think SSK is a good vote at this point.

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:These posts are absolutely not okay

Agreed with 24, not so much with 32. Though, if it's on the basis of a lack of any/more meaningful content, then I agree on both posts.

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:This is somehow even less okay.

Considering that at least NM's post 32 at least had something pertinent, it is DEFINITELY even less okay.

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:Tammy says you've played together in: Kingdom Hearts, Black Flag Nightless (she was in Cerulean), Marketplace II (you shared a neighborhood), and Marketplace III (she was in Pyrotechnics).

Oh...*facepallm* God, my memory is baaaaddd...

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:Why?Where did mastin go? Was he ever even here?

See what I said to Chevre.

Also, she was here for a bit at the beginning, but then she left me for parts unknown. I believe she was dealing with IRL stuff and such that started right as the game began (and I think that she's going on a trip soon-ish), so I'll probably be going solo for a good portion of the first two days at least.

In post 40, Equinox wrote:Second Void, why would you quote posts and not even indicate the post number? :(

Sorry. Part/most of it was stuff and anaylsis I was positing for Mastin to peruse, and I didn't try to format it for public view.

In post 40, Equinox wrote:Bert's post 28 made me less inclined to lynch him for the moment. If certain things do or do not happen, I may change my mind.

Fair enough. I'm not feeling as scum-inclined on Bert as I was before. Logically (and going by what I'd feel before I stopped playing) I'd probably still be scumreading him because he's not
really
doing anything. However, the more I read his posts, the more my gut's trying to tell me that it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be. I don't think he's solidly town--again, a real lack of doing much--but he's not scum. Feeling fairly sure on that.

Equi is also fairly town now. Probly my strongest townread at this point.

In post 41, Chevre wrote:As for the others, Equinox is a solid townread for me, Desperado falls into "wrong-but-town" niche that always seems to happen, and the hydras by their very nature will usually be wavering town for me. That leaves Nobody Special, and I'm inclined to believe that he has been the scummiest. Not so much for the actual missing of a posting opportunity, but also for the fact that he chose not to address it when it's something that everyone would've (and has) picked up on. Also, I think his initial choice to not place a vote was suspicious as it freed him from any analysis to that effect in later days.

Gives me bus-vibes. My gut feels weird, now.

Still agree with the NS wagon. Intent to hammer next segment.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

We're not voting SSK because he's lurking and for him to say that is super disingenuous. We're voting him because he's not doing anything. As in when he does post, it's not anything really relevant to the game state.

Tammy is still super amused that Desperado can't read her >_>

Tammy's not sure why Bert made the statement in that she was reading desperado as scum when she said that he seems town. The that means he's probably scum was a joke based on her low accuracy rate of actually reading him. He does look like town though.

Equinox still looks town.

Voided is meh but he always looks scummy and he's super hard to read because he quote stripes too much and it makes it difficult to read him; he's been a major suspect in almost every game Tammy has played with him and he always turns out town. But some of his questions are weird? Like the kinda why me question when I asked why SSK chose us over Voided, which he never answered by the way because he's not actually engaging with the game
and he's lurking!
also there was some weird tonal stuff in his responses to SleepyKrew that just felt off? It's also difficult to parse what he's referring to because even though he quote stripes and quotes what he's referring to, there is no actual link to what post he's referring to so sometimes I have no clue. (This is all Tammy's mini rant by the way, she's extremely tired and had a long week and is having a hard time following some of this.)

Tammy has no idea what Chevre means by tell me where I'm wrong about the first post? And I'm not sure what Voided is wanting me to explain? I know he erroneously thought I made a comment that wasn't from me, but I think that anyone who thinks we were actually intending to lynch ourselves by voting ourselves in the first post is pretty silly? I mean it was an obvious joke: lynch all lurkers - vote ourselves. Sleepy also wanted to see what reactions we would get from it. In normal games voting yourself in RVS is whatever, it doesn't gain reactions, but in this format we thought it could be interesting.

Bert still feels like Bert, he could do something more though.

OH Nobody Special just feels tonally weird. If he hasn't been joking in his posts, then he's probably definitely scum. I thought parts of his first post were a joke, and I originally thought that his last post was a joke, but I'm kinda thinking he might actually be serious now. If it's serious, then it's probably scum trying to sound like a good upstanding townie scumhunter. He still feels tonally wrong.

Chevre is a bit mehish, but if I have time over the weekend, I'll look at the game Equinox mentioned to see if that's just how Chevre is.

OH VOIDED - If you don't remember playing with me and you don't know how to read me and the only thing you do remember of me is that you modded me in BB:HOH where I hydrad with Nacho, why do you think you remember me well enough that I'd not be okay with voting myself in RVS. It seems strange to me that you seem to have recognized/remember some behaviors or aspects of me but then think we've never played together. I mean in BB:HOH, Nacho did a whole hell of a lot of the posting there as I was busy, so it can't even be that I did most of the posting. (I was also in your Nightless game but I replaced out. I was in the Titan hydra there.)

This post is all Tammy (except for this part right here!). Sleepy and Tammy are bad at being on at the same time to discuss things. Hopefully we will post early in the next segment to talk about things such as the NS wagon. Also stuff Sleepy has but doesn't have time for this segment (and not because he forgot or anything!)
Programmed to go off before you do!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:52 am

Post by saulres »

Desperado did not post during segment 4. He is being prodded.
On permanent
V/LA
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Desperado »

i knew i was forgetting something

looking forward to tammy and sleepy talking about the ns wagon. especially if they can do it before voided hammers.
;)
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:50 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 1.7
(L-1)
Nobody Special - Equinox, Desperado, MafiaSSK, Chevre
(L-4) Bert - Second Void
(L-4) Chevre - Not_Mafia
(L-4) Equinox - Bert

Not voting:

On permanent
V/LA
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Second Void »

In post 45, Dot Matrix wrote:Like the kinda why me question when I asked why SSK chose us over Voided, which he never answered by the way because he's not actually engaging with the game and he's lurking!

I found the answer satisfactory and honestly felt that this line of questioning wasn't going to go anywhere if SSK wasn't going to answer it, which it seems he won't anytime soon. As I said with the original question, it seemed like a strange thing to ask, but I don't really see much that's alignment indicative in your answer to my question, or the tone you used.

Would you appreciate it if I asked more questions, then? Or follow-ups to them, I suppose. And less weird, somewhat off-topic questions?

Also, what sounded tonally off, exactly?

In post 45, Dot Matrix wrote:It's also difficult to parse what he's referring to because even though he quote stripes and quotes what he's referring to, there is no actual link to what post he's referring to so sometimes I have no clue. (This is all Tammy's mini rant by the way, she's extremely tired and had a long week and is having a hard time following some of this.)

What? There should be a link back to the post in question where it says "Post X" in the quote. Granted, not a link directly to what I quoted (which is a shame but I can understand how that would be a big hurdle), but still. There weren't in one other post of mine because I got a little lazy on my main and simply copypasted, but I did try to keep all the content from the same player together.

And I'm sorry, Tammy. I'm working a daytime job and I'm gonna get back to college next month, so I can understand what it's like to have a long weekend.

(though a game like this perhaps isn't the way to work on a better way to post...)

In post 45, Dot Matrix wrote:OH VOIDED - If you don't remember playing with me and you don't know how to read me and the only thing you do remember of me is that you modded me in BB:HOH where I hydrad with Nacho, why do you think you remember me well enough that I'd not be okay with voting myself in RVS. It seems strange to me that you seem to have recognized/remember some behaviors or aspects of me but then think we've never played together. I mean in BB:HOH, Nacho did a whole hell of a lot of the posting there as I was busy, so it can't even be that I did most of the posting. (I was also in your Nightless game but I replaced out. I was in the Titan hydra there.)

I have watched you play in other games (most of them from before I left, though I am watching one or two right now that are ongoing and read Attack on Titan due to the scummy nom). I'm just terrible at remembering the games we've played together. :P

What I do recall from these games about you is that I don't think you'd feel okay with voting yourself in general. Maybe I'd have thought you'd do it as a joke, but I didn't really believe that until Skrew mentioned that you thought it up (if I hadn't said it before, I thought that was almost 100% Skrew's idea and post).

Also, what comment did I mistakenly credit to you? I'll go and check myself tomorrow, but I don't remember doing something like that.

In post 47, Desperado wrote:i knew i was forgetting something

looking forward to tammy and sleepy talking about the ns wagon. especially if they can do it before voided hammers.

And then nobody posted. Including Nobody special, the man of the hour.

Yes, I'm holding the hammer (unless Mastin comes around long enough to get a look at the thread and decide that our vote and everyone else's needs to go elsewhere), but that's no reason to skimp on posting.

Perhaps declaring an intent to hammer the next segment was a little premature, but I was hoping that most everybody would've posted before the weekend hit. I want to hear DM's thoughts on the wagon as well (and their thoughts on my intent to hammer), since they didn't get a chance to last time. And I want NS (and SSK, as well) to try and say something of import.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”