Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

How are my reasonings fluffy, boon?

@Mirhawk: Nope, I openly called him scum. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you people. And Yea, we do have to be fucking careful with who we lynch, because shits gonna hit the fan pretty fast if we policy lynch our way through this game. I asked you and Aegor questions, because I didn't like how easily you two were buddying each other. And you both game the same generic answer. So yea, I found out some information from that. It doesn't mean you're scum, and it doesn't mean I should let you know every thought that goes through my head.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Alina »

In post 1441, Boonskiies wrote:I don't believe he's town...you don't read through the posts very well, do you? You always miss key important facts. I said IF he hadn't made that mafia count number slip, I would believe he's town, but since he did...yeah. And rather have you get NK'd than me. Playing entirely moronic for a while is beneficial to myself. I'm a selfish player. And I can get people to slip myself.

If you're a VT, trying to get someone else killed who could be a PR is pretty stupid, sorry not sorry. You aren't the freaking second coming of Mafia-Jesus, it's highly unlikely you'll catch all the scum with some
magical power
. PRs, however,
have
magical powers!!! So it might be a good idea for them to live instead of the VTs, know what I'm saying?
Sigh
. I phrased it really bad. Here's what I meant to put there:

In post 1231, shaddowez wrote:In post 1127, Boonskiies wrote:I don't t think it was deliberate. I honestly do think he's scum. He's kind of playing you if you think it wads deliberate.

which quickly turns into

In post 1224, Boonskiies wrote:and yes, I do believe he is noobtown, but he could just be trying to mimic town because he's scum, and it could just come off as noobtown. Anywho, if the slip was more miniscule then I might consider not hammering, but at this point I don't feel the need to make this day last too much longer if we keep the wagon on Hunter.

You know, where you contradict yourself for the 780th time or something; I've lost count by now.

In post 1463, reinoe wrote:@Alina
So far for the past two days the efforts to push for lynches has been on lurkers. Do you think this is a coincidence?

This is an interesting question, but I don't think the pushes have necessarily been simply because they're lurking(at least from my perspective, except for my initial push on HS..which even then I thought he had some scummy elements.) Clusk I thought was scummy, and when he started active lurking after being called out I thought that was suspicious. It wasn't because of the lurking necessarily. With Damon, I don't really like the few posts he has, being lurking supports a little bit w/ my suspicions, but the content he
has
given isn't all that amazing and wowing.

In post 1492, Aeronaut wrote:AdrienC has started to peak my interests a little bit more. He's become a little quiet as of late, and I'm starting to suspect his Role-Claim for "Town-Aligned Commuter" was false. First of all, I don't understand why someone would claim that role D1 at all. Adrien claims that it was because Salamence had "pressured" him into claiming, but Adrien was at L-11 at the time and had no need to be worried. That doesn't make sense to me.

So why claim? First of all, doesn't that hurt the town quite a bit? Scum could have been wasting their kills on you, and we could have higher numbers right now. We've lost that advantage now, because the scum, if they believe you, know now.

So Adrien, explain the reasoning behind that a little bit more?

THANK YOU I was thinking about this. I thought he could've been a Godfather trying to explain not being targeted for nightkills, for example, he could've thought he might've gotten attempt-vigged at night, then his immunity would be revealed at day. What better way to explain that away by forcing a commuter claim? But, I didn't realize godfather was a normal role for a while so I dismissed this possibility. Also, there's the chance he's just normal scum who claimed commuter in order to dissuade investigations.

Anyways, I guess I'll wait and see what Damon's replacement says. I don't really like his very little amount of posts, but we'll see if the replacement changes that I guess..I'll put my vote back on Boondork for now.

VOTE: Boonskiies

This might change after I do the second half of my ISOs, probably tomorrow. I'm tired as hell right now.

Also, this game should really be renamed to "Mafia: Bitchfight edition!" I'm well aware I'm apart of that now, there's only like 5 people left who aren't. I implore you all to join this ever-so-exclusive club.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

@Toomai: Legitimately sorry if I broke a rule in that post, I just completely forgot about.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Burning_TowN
Burning_TowN
Townie
Burning_TowN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Burning_TowN »

In post 1502, Aeronaut wrote:
@Toomai: Legitimately sorry if I broke a rule in that post, I just completely forgot about.

FTFY. Closing tags are not optional.

~tn5421
Profile Links: tn5421 | Burning_Earth
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

This post has been hidden because it was confused with a different game. Please avoid bringing it up.

Spoiler: Post
@Alina - If I was scum, and I saw someone in my position, I would completely try and frame them. Especially if they are known to be obnoxious and trolly like myself. Easy to get a bandwagon on them.
Last edited by Toomai on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Fuck. Ignore that. I'm messing up with my other game. Used names from this game, evidence from another game.

@mod - can you fix that post? I got confused. It's not for this game.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Alina »

In post 1504, Boonskiies wrote:@Alina - If I was scum, and I saw someone in my position, I would completely try and frame them. Especially if they are known to be obnoxious and trolly like myself. Easy to get a bandwagon on them.

Oh please. Don't do crap like this. "WELL, IF I WAS SCUM..." No. That's the stupidest way to do...anything. There's only one way I can rationalize your insanity away and even then I don't think you're stupid enough to completely ignore the possibility of something. If I'm right, you already know what I'm talking about and shouldn't say anything else. If I'm wrong, then whatever.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Alina, that wasn't for this game. I messed up. Don't comment on it. It's for another game of mine, and I used the wrong name so I got all confused. It has nothing revolving you or this game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Alina »

I didn't see your second post until after I clicked submit. The PEDIT thing hates me, sorry
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Okay everyone?! Post 1504 is not a part of this game. I screwed up. Don't be ignorant and comment on it.

@mod - it was post 1504 that needs to be fixed. It's not related to this game; it's for another on-going game that I just got messed up on. I realized I wasn't specific in my last post.

PEdit: it's okay, I have problems with it too.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 1179, Alina wrote:
In post 1133, Boonskiies wrote:Hold on...what's everyone's thoughts on Alina? i mean, she used to be on board with the Hunter vote. and she was very easily on board with the Clusk vote yesterDAY. Possibly trying to use a scum buddy partner in Hunter to try and get some town cred maybe?

@Alina - Why are you so against a Hunter vote today and not yesterday. Not much has changed.

This doesn't make any sense.
If I was scum
and wanted to get rid of Hunter for towncred,
do you think I would just flip on him and defend him when everyone else starts going on board for lynching him?

In post 1506, Alina wrote:
In post 1504, Boonskiies wrote:@Alina - If I was scum, and I saw someone in my position, I would completely try and frame them. Especially if they are known to be obnoxious and trolly like myself. Easy to get a bandwagon on them.

Oh please.
Don't do crap like this. "WELL, IF I WAS SCUM..." No. That's the stupidest way to do...anything.
There's only one way I can rationalize your insanity away and even then I don't think you're stupid enough to completely ignore the possibility of something. If I'm right, you already know what I'm talking about and shouldn't say anything else. If I'm wrong, then whatever.

:shifty:
-------------------------------------
Juls
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Alina »

Good point. I don't even remember doing that.
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Alina »

Oh - what I mean was saying "If I was scum, I would do X" I was asking a hypothetical question, not stating that I would do something in a certain situation, which is what I don't like.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Hmm, my confusion on my games may have helped with something...you just looking for easy reasons to get a wagon me, Alina-pie?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Alina »

No, I'm just saying I don't really like it when people do that. My thing earlier was different, there's a difference between going "If I was scum, I would do X" And asking someone, who suspects you of being scum, if they think you WOULD do X as scum.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Toomai »

I'll be hiding the post that was meant for the other game, but not deleting it outright as it has had an effect on the game and should be referencable. That said, I suggest players avoid mentioning it as much as possible.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1512, Alina wrote:Oh - what I mean was saying "If I was scum, I would do X" I was asking a
hypothetical
question, not stating that I would do something in a
certain situation
, which is what I don't like.

"I was asking a question about a certain situation, not stating that I would do something in a hypothetical way, which is something I don't like."

You realize those are just interchangeable phrases, right? Hollow logic. It shall return.

VOTE: Alina

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Alina »

How are they interchangeable? "If I was scum, do you think I would do X?" And "If I was scum, I WOULD do X," are completely different things.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Eh...apples and oranges.!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 1517, Alina wrote:How are they interchangeable? "If I was scum, do you think I would do X?" And "If I was scum, I WOULD do X," are completely different things.

Slightly different at best.

Read these two sentences:
If I were scum I would never bus my buddy.
If I were scum do you think I would bus my buddy?

Not very different at all.
Juls
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Alina »

Yes. They're two completely different things. Allow me to explain this for you: I was asking a question that if you think I was scum, if I would do something. This is a valid question, because I was questioning your already very twisted line of logic that lead to you suspecting me. This is different from directly saying "LOL YOUR LOGIC IS WRONG BECAUSE IF I WAS SCUM I WOULD DO THIS INSTEAD."

They are actually different, Juls. See above. I was questioning if he thought I would do something. Not telling him I wouldn't.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

The question being asked was very rhetoric, and comes off as scummy now that you commented on the act of stating what you would do as scum is "the stupidest way to do anything". It's stepping into their shoes and seeing things from the villains point of view. I never stated any logic was wrong.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Juls »

Your sentence could have easily said:

If I was scum and wanted to get rid of Hunter for towncred, I would not just flip on him and defend him when everyone else starts going on board for lynching him.

The fact that you said that it didn't make sense implies that you would never do that as scum. I don't think you are scum for saying "if I were scum" but I am not crazy about your defense right now. Trying to decide if it's just you wanting to be right or you over defending as scum.
Juls
Alina
Alina
Mafia Scum
Alina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Alina »

I was asking you about your case on me, and was trying to ask you if you really thought your warped logic made any sense. This is different from, say, if I said "Lol there's no way I'd do that if I were scum."

PEDIT: Juls, he was suggesting that that was a possibility. I was trying to point out how ridiculous the possibility was while still asking if he really thought it was the case. I really don't know how else to explain this if no one's getting it.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Juls »

You have to understand that this is the internet. Intent and execution are two very different things.
Juls

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”