Micro 359: Lurker Mafia Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

I lied about rereading because work happened and I will most likely still be out like a light by the time this segment ends, so wheeeee! Next segment. Cross my heart, hope to die, etc. If somebody hammers before then, though, I won't complain too loudly because I'm pretty sure nothing is going to change reads-wise because there are three huge soul-sucking black holes in this game that should die.

The fact that this game is hovering around similar reads is actually pretty scary. Can it be that we're all right?! That'd be cool.

Not_Mafia, there's this super cool feature where if you do this:

Code: Select all

[post=6]post 6[/post]

...this happens:

Please use it in the future. Your director's commentary track is probably really fascinating, but it's hard to give cares when there's practically no context to your remarks. Sorry! (Not really.)

Oh! QUESTION.

Bert (1) - Second Void
Chevre (1) - Not_Mafia
Equinox (1) - Bert

Why are you people still on your vanity wagon? Especially Bert, who has conveniently stayed on his RVS wagon.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh you. You can just open the game in a new tab and switch between them. I find it more convenient than the post tags. But I'll start adding post tags.

And because Chevre and NS are my scumreads and NS is at L-1 with open intent.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Bert »

I'm here.

UNVOTE:

Obligatory post so that I don't get replaced for not posting within the next 4 hours. I never thought I'd say this, but I have so little to say and so much time.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

I liked voided's next to last post.

Answers to voided:

What did you mean ssk's answer was sufficient? He didn't answer the question before we could possibly ask it. He literally did not say, I chose to bandwagon dot matrix over voided and I'm disagreeing or agreeing with not_mafia's town read on dot matrix because of x. Which would have made the question silly. BUT HE DIDNT. He just said let's bandwagon. I'm wondering why he chose who he chose. It's literally one of the most basics of mafia questions and rusty or not you've been playing mafia long enough to *get* why that's a question asked, that you don't get that is mind boggling and further makes. It feel like you're pulling a why me approach. Also, how did you know he wouldn't answer the question? But whatever, I get the feeling that we're talking past each other and I seem to remember that happening with you and someone else in the last game or so, and I don't think continuing on this will be productive at all.

SleepyKrew responded to the question you erroneously attributed to me. You said you'd wait for me to answer, he told you that it wasn't me who made the response, then didn't answer your question and said he'd let me explain it. :/

And no, not in every post do you keep the post numbers of things you're replying to. Furthermore you break up the sentences of the posts into quote stripes to respond to, which makes it even more difficult to figure out what you're responding to and saying. I just have a really hard time with quote stripers (not everyone does, in fact some people like quote stripers); it's difficult for me to get a read on people who do that.

And I'm not putting post numbers in this post because I'm already developing a headache and am trying to be very quick as I'm getting ready to head out and I need to post in other games before I do that. (No, no one here is giving me a headache if that's how that sounds; I've been suffering from terrible headaches lately and I think I need new glasses since it's always starting when I'm looking at the computer, that or I'm getting sick. Hopefully it's glasses.)

Was that seriously not_mafia's this segment post?

I'm pretty much fine with lynching any of not_mafia, mafiassk or nobody special.

I'm not changing my vote though because sleepy and I have not had a chance to talk. I went to bed early last night because headache, and he left me a message that he wouldn't be able to get in a post this segment because he makes poor life choices. So. I'm still not sure what he wanted to talk about with regards to Nobody Special as he didn't leave me any notes or something saved here.
Programmed to go off before you do!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Chevre »

Second Void, [post=44]Post 44

I wasn't responding to the mod. I had taken a stance earlier in the game that non-posters are scum and thus I needed to address them. The last line is there because everyone wants to box my words in as definite statements, when I don't mean such.

- - -

Other than that, I'm not sure what to address? Nobody Special isn't responding to the questions that matter at this point, and the anti-town three I referenced in my post are unfortunately showing no signs of changing, except Not_Mafia, whose vague wall isn't the greatest thing ever, but if it is truly a step up from his regular posting style, then so it is.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:52 am

Post by saulres »

MafiaSSK and Nobody Special have failed to post in Segment 5. This is their second missed segment today, so I am going to look for replacements.

Only two more segments left for Day 1.

Vote Count 1.8
(L-1)
Nobody Special - Equinox, Desperado, MafiaSSK, Chevre
(L-3) MafiaSSK - Nobody Special, Dot Matrix
(L-4) Bert - Second Void
(L-4) Chevre - Not_Mafia

Not voting: Bert

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day deadline in (expired on 2014-07-23 14:52:52)

Segment start and end times can be found in Post 1 of this thread. In there I also, as time permits, update who has posted in the current day's segments.

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Bullocks. I'm the reason for the game, saulres. I'm staying.

As for N_M why not unvote, why keep the vote on Chevre?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Being the
other
reason for the game, I'm also still in.

I still want to lynch MafiaSSK. He's doing NOTHING!
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 56, MafiaSSK wrote:As for N_M why not unvote, why keep the vote on Chevre?

I can unvote

UNVOTE: Chevre

And then I can vote you for that question.

VOTE: MafiaSSK

What would be the purpose of me unvoting just because I was the only one left on the wagon if I didn't have another place I wanted to put my vote?

And you should also answer this

In post 53, Dot Matrix wrote:What did you mean ssk's answer was sufficient? He didn't answer the question before we could possibly ask it. He literally did not say, I chose to bandwagon dot matrix over voided and I'm disagreeing or agreeing with not_mafia's town read on dot matrix because of x. Which would have made the question silly. BUT HE DIDNT. He just said let's bandwagon. I'm wondering why he chose who he chose.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Second Void »

Tammy, I assume by "next to last" you meant the post where I declared intent to hammer NS?

In post 53, Dot Matrix wrote:What did you mean ssk's answer was sufficient? He didn't answer the question before we could possibly ask it. He literally did not say, I chose to bandwagon dot matrix over voided and I'm disagreeing or agreeing with not_mafia's town read on dot matrix because of x. Which would have made the question silly. BUT HE DIDNT. He just said let's bandwagon. I'm wondering why he chose who he chose. It's literally one of the most basics of mafia questions and rusty or not you've been playing mafia long enough to *get* why that's a question asked, that you don't get that is mind boggling and further makes. It feel like you're pulling a why me approach. Also, how did you know he wouldn't answer the question? But whatever, I get the feeling that we're talking past each other and I seem to remember that happening with you and someone else in the last game or so, and I don't think continuing on this will be productive at all.

...I think this is a moment of "talking past each other" because I feel like I clearly explained that
your
response to
my
question was sufficient, and that SSK didn't reply at all to your original question about why he chose you over us. That, or I really didn't word my response correctly. :? If that's the case, then sorry about that.

In post 53, Dot Matrix wrote:SleepyKrew responded to the question you erroneously attributed to me. You said you'd wait for me to answer, he told you that it wasn't me who made the response, then didn't answer your question and said he'd let me explain it. :/

And no, not in every post do you keep the post numbers of things you're replying to. Furthermore you break up the sentences of the posts into quote stripes to respond to, which makes it even more difficult to figure out what you're responding to and saying. I just have a really hard time with quote stripers (not everyone does, in fact some people like quote stripers); it's difficult for me to get a read on people who do that

To the first part: Oh, yeah, now I remember. But...why not explain it now?

to the second: Well, I do that because I want to respond solely to what I need to respond to, and not clutter up the quote with unnecessary sentences and make the post longer because of that. I probably can do better with answering questions in bulk, , like in the above quote and this one, but.

In post 57, Nobody Special wrote:Being the
other
reason for the game, I'm also still in.

I still want to lynch MafiaSSK. He's doing NOTHING!

Well, this is a
wonderful
dodge of everything else in this thread. Same with MafiaSSK.

At least Bert admits to blatantly prod-dodging.

So, Mastin managed to get a quick skim of the thread before she fully went V/LA for the trip, though it only seems to be on the first page or so. Our reads are actually quite similar for that, though, even if she has chevre pegged as scum due to and Equi and Bert aren't as town to her as they are to me. Our melded readslist looks somewhat like this:

MafiaSSK - Null. I have him on the scummy side of null, Mastin on the town side.
NS - Scummy. I have him as full-on scum, while Mastin was just ambivalent.
Bert - Towny side of null. Mastin felt that his opening post was pretty much unreadable, which is honestly how I felt, too. But as I said to Equinox, Bert's tone in his post doesn't seem to be that of scum wanting to obfuscate and distract. His continued lack of helping much is still grating, though.
Dot Matrix - Town. Seems to be Mastin's strongest townread. I'm not inclined to disagree. Probably our strongest combined townread.
Not Mafia - Null-ish. Mastin has him as a townlean, but I'm not quite as sure on this.
Chevre - Scummy/nullscum. Mastin has him as scum. I'm not
quite
in agreement wit him on this, but I'm not averse to labeling him as scum.
Desperado - Town. Fairly strong for Mastin, decently so for me. I...uh, I admit I forgot my read on you, but I'm fine with sticking to Mastin's level.
Equinox - Town. In the opposite of DM, he's my strongest townread but not Mastin's.

I'm not gonna totally emulate Mastin, but I can if you really want me to in later days/segments. For now, Mastin has no complaints with the hammer, so I'm probably going to do that first chance I get tomorrow. I'll be away from a computer for the first half of the day, so it'll be in the last segment, but yknow, fairness and all that.

I have no problems with someone else hammering, though.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by Chevre »

Wish I could wait longer to post, but I think this will be the last chance I have to post during this segment.

Funny that the two people who claim responsibility for this game do so in posts with mere inklings of usefulness.

MafiaSSK's most recent post and it's apprehension to hammer seems too obvious to be buddying, so I'll put it up to futile politeness towards whoever claimed intent to hammer.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hi.
This is going to (hopefully) be the laziest post from this slot all game (which is still better than half of you lot!) because we've decided to engage in lazymode. Tammy is busy and SleepyKrew is just a bad person. We are now fine with an NS lynch and would like a claim blah blah etc
Programmed to go off before you do!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:16 am

Post by Bert »

I could bring down a less than stellar hammer right now, but then I'd get bushwacked for negligence! <3

In post 58, Not_Mafia wrote:What would be the purpose of me unvoting just because I was the only one left on the wagon if I didn't have another place I wanted to put my vote?

There ain't nothing like people wanting other people get out of their "false RVS dilemmas!" Problem is you put forth an answer that's dodgy without a vote accompanying it. My next post will be one that wraps up my perspective on the game before going into night. I have done no more than cursory glances of the walls, and this lurker game draws me into avoiding the game like the plague. My reads are all decidedly neutral. It's a phenomenon.

The most dicey post I see that's not inside a mountainous post is Nobody Special's 57 where he says SSK is doing nothing. It really is bizarre.

PROD DODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGE.

- lurker
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Desperado »

can we stop talking about hammering and just do it? jesus
;)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Equinox »

One hour and 36 minutes left in this segment! Woohoo!

Which is not enough time to be reading a 3-page thread because I have to set up my mad scientist enterprise before subjects come in!

In other words, I have not read, but I will most definitely have time in the next segment, hopefully late tonight (i.e., after 12 hours). However, I don't think much is going to change? Right now, the only thing that's bothering me is why MafiaSSK and Nobody Special would blatantly play this way as scum, but then again it's possible that their special brand of active lurking isn't telling of their alignment anyway. Won't mind if either dies, but I have a preference today for Nobody Special given that he had tried once and that post where he had analyzed the game was sorely lacking. MafiaSSK hasn't even tried at all.

Preview edit: ...or that!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:36 am

Post by saulres »

Final segment of Day 1!

Vote Count 1.9
(L-1)
Nobody Special - Equinox, Desperado, MafiaSSK, Chevre
(L-2) MafiaSSK - Nobody Special, Dot Matrix, Not_Mafia
(L-4) Bert - Second Void

Not voting: Bert

Day deadline in (expired on 2014-07-23 14:52:52)

Segment start and end times can be found in Post 1 of this thread. In there I also, as time permits, update who has posted in the current day's segments.

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Bert »

i was hesitant about hammering without a claim, but with DL and no other alternatives in case of anything - plus the post limits per segment...

VOTE: Nobody Special

hi lurker, im a lurker, bad lurker

bad lurkers, bad.

See you tomorrow, lurkers!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by saulres »

Oh sure. Hammer while I'm AFK.

Please note that anyone could have still posted during twilight, except for Bert. The "one post per segment" applies even during twilight.

Vote Count 1.10
(LYNCH)
Nobody Special - Equinox, Desperado, MafiaSSK, Chevre, Bert
(L-2) MafiaSSK - Nobody Special, Dot Matrix, Not_Mafia
(L-4) Bert - Second Void

On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 126, Nobody Special wrote:lurking can be (as much as I disagree with this) a valid strategy.
inb4 someone calls me out on my playstyle

Nobody Special,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 1.

Anyone with night actions has 48 hours to get them to me.

Night Deadline:
(expired on 2014-07-23 22:00:35)
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 205, Equinox wrote:I had time constraints that led to lurking.

Equinox,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1.

Vote Count 2.0Not voting: MafiaSSK, Bert, Dot Matrix, Not_Mafia, Chevre, Desperado, Second Void

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Day deadline in (expired on 2014-08-06 22:02:00)

Please note that starting around the time the first segment is to end, I'm going to have limited availability for about a week. So Post 1 will probably not get updated as frequently as it has been. However, I will be checking timestamps of posts for prod purposes, so don't miss segments!

On permanent
V/LA
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So MafiaSSK was ended up as the scum endorsed counterwagon and I don't think that it was a bus so I'm willing to call him town and due t a general town read on Dot Matrix I think the remaining scum was off the wagon.

Desperado is a strong townread. I feel like Second Void would have hammered sooner for the towncred as that lynch was inevitable and Bert reads tonally as town (These two are the weaker townreads). So PoE leads me back to Chevre again. I think he drove Bert as a counterwagon to NS and he only hopped on when the lynch became inevitable.

VOTE: Chevre
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Bert »

In post 53, Dot Matrix wrote:I've been suffering from terrible headaches lately and I think I need new glasses since it's always starting when I'm looking at the computer, that or I'm getting sick.

awwz I am sowwy to hear that!!! :cry:

I hereby proclaim today 'Be Sleepy and Sheep Tammy Day.' Everyone please stand and clap, and then wave like royalty, ladies and gents! Then hop aboard.

zero-content rut going on with me, thankfully this is a lurker game so it isn't as pronounced!

In post 53, Dot Matrix wrote:I'm pretty much fine with lynching any of not_mafia, mafiassk or nobody special.

slim pickings here, ma'am. How about a not_mafia vote?

Yes yes that's wonderful.

VOTE: not_mafia

My vote has been proxied to Tammy.

Anyone who says I'm "buddying" or any of those cliché words is very very wrong.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I too am for a N_M vote. Thrid vote on the bandwagon+ super weak vote on me.

VOTE: n_m
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by Chevre »

Well now that Nobody Special has been flipped as scum, if you want to lynch me to reward yourselves or something go ahead. From a third-person perspective Post 15 is way too buddy-buddy to me for me to be scum. From that same post, I think his reaction to the two hydras is essentially "these posts are kind of poopy...BUT THIS COULD BE FIXED :D " He's also wary of Bert and MafiaSSK but elects to pressure neither. I think from future posts everyone who addresses him is really quite negative and it doesn't feel like they could be the same alignment. Thus I believe the other scum (I don't think only 2 scum is too big an assumption) is hidden in the "lurking" group of Bert/MafiaSSK/Not_Mafia. Post 37 has MafiaSSK "breaking the tie" between him and NS with a vote on NS, but this maneuver pre-NS flip was so blatantly scummy that now it seems he would have pushed focus in another direction rather than just bus his partner. I noticed Second Void's vote at the end of the day is on Bert, which given their reads in 59 is a really strange place for it.

Sorry this post is scatterbrained for a plethora of reasons but I guess I'd be comfortable with voting Not_Mafia? To me it feels as if it's not him it is the unreadable Bert or maybe one of the hydras. I guess the biggest thing holding me back is that he's so consensusly scum; like I'm not going to vote him and put him at L-1 until everyone has had a chance to post in this segment, which is so bizarre that a vote would do that.

Essentially:
- Desperado feels super town due to general play on Day 1 and interactions with NS.
- Everyone's accusations of NS's play as fluff during Day 1 feels too strong for them to be scum.
- Not_Mafia just feels super scummy due to his sub-par play and lack of interaction with NS.
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Second Void »

In post 70, Not_Mafia wrote:So MafiaSSK was ended up as the scum endorsed counterwagon and I don't think that it was a bus so I'm willing to call him town and due t a general town read on Dot Matrix I think the remaining scum was off the wagon.

Desperado is a strong townread. I feel like Second Void would have hammered sooner for the towncred as that lynch was inevitable and Bert reads tonally as town (These two are the weaker townreads). So PoE leads me back to Chevre again. I think he drove Bert as a counterwagon to NS and he only hopped on when the lynch became inevitable.

VOTE: Chevre

Both Mastin and I find ourselves in agreement with pretty much all of this post (*insert usual blurb about how we're really town+smiley*, but yeah). Of course, there is the problem where NM was also on said "scum-endorsed counterwagon", but unless chevre flips town it's not a major strike against him.

In post 71, Bert wrote:Anyone who says I'm "buddying" or any of those cliché words is very very wrong.

OMG BERT IS HARDBUDDYING SCUM! :P

Chevre, why so hesitant with your vote? Everyone who's not voting right now (except us, since I'm going to vote right below this) is not someone who'd go "LOLHAMMAH :p" And the one person I think could do that is already voting NM. Don't like it one bit.

also, you did notice that I was planning on hammering NS and then said that if no one hammered him on the final segment I would, right?

Vote: Chevre

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”